• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my order yesterday for our comic shop(it's limited by whatever diamond deems mr worthy enough to buy so anime shit is hard to find)

Saw some kancolle stuff

Deemed it stupid and unworthy of entering the collection and passed on it all!

Ordered some sailor moon stuff for my wife and the black and white batgirl for myself but ultimately a light order

tumblr_nj9ph8sKr41spav39o1_1280.gif

So mean!

Einbroch

Banned
I made my order yesterday for our comic shop(it's limited by whatever diamond deems mr worthy enough to buy so anime shit is hard to find)

Saw some kancolle stuff

Deemed it stupid and unworthy of entering the collection and passed on it all!

Ordered some sailor moon stuff for my wife and the black and white batgirl for myself but ultimately a light order

Girls based on flying rats are okay, but girls based on ships? Get that shit outta here!

SoldnerKei

regarding Ship girls... I am more interested in the abbys girls than the normal ship girls... unless they are Takao & Agato... but abbys girls have such bizarre and creepy designs that I really like, at first I thought that they were from somewhere else xD

Well I just got fired. If I don't find another job before this month's Amiami bill, I'm going to have to cancel my orders there and probably get banned cause that's a lot of orders to cancel lol

I don't think its responsible to continue indulging in this hobby while unemployed.

Einbroch

Banned
Well I just got fired. If I don't find another job before this month's Amiami bill, I'm going to have to cancel my orders there and probably get banned cause that's a lot of orders to cancel lol

I don't think its responsible to continue indulging in this hobby while unemployed.

I'm sorry. :( You'll find something!

Man, that situation was so messy. Good luck getting everything settled.

Luigi87

Sorry to hear that, I'm in a similar boat (not out of work yet, but going out of business so will be soon enough).
Best of luck in the job hunt.

Sorry to hear this man. Hope you find something and land back on your feet quickly

Best of luck finding some new gainful employment.

=(
Best of luck getting hired somewhere man, sucks that it was caused by what you had believed to be a good friend =/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Forward the bill to the HR guy. He didn't like the accusations of being cheap, so now he can prove it. ;)

More seriously, sorry to hear that and good luck with the job hunt!

Einbroch

Banned
I mean, I knew it would be expensive but didn't think it would be THAT expensive. But then again, there are 7 nendos in the order. I thought about asking them to split it up but I wonder if that will even make a difference.

Late to this, but...

JESUS CHRIST HOLY COW OTHER EXPLETIVES

/bow

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Now I'm upset I thought of a good line to say for my last day, after I was on the way home.

I missed my dramatic exit.

" We're all trying to leave this place anyway. I'm just going first. You guys catch up when you're feeling ready. "

Now I'm upset I thought of a good line to say for my last day, after I was on the way home.

" We're all trying to leave this place anyway. I'm just going first. You guys catch up when you're feeling ready. "

Lol hate when you think of that stuff after the fact >.>

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Sorry :(

I hope you can find another job soon. I read your story and the whole thing is just crazy.

Bombless

Ah man, good luck with the jobhunt. And you're absolutely right about the last sentence.

t.jpg

What's the second one?

That's Plum's Angel Crown Cardcaptor Sakura figure. Not interested in the character but she looks amazing. I like her much more than the standard frilly pink outfits she's usually presented in.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll find something soon. :(

SoldnerKei

good luck with jobhunt! look at it as a fresh start, and hopefully your next work it's way better than the last

as for the hobby part, yeah, this hobby drains money out of nowhere, until you find a new job the wisest thing to do is avoid it for now

BadWolf

Try emailing and telling them about this. Something similar happened to me a couple of years back and they canceled my order without banning.

Zerojul

Really sorry to hear that :(
Hope you find something soon.

I mean, I knew it would be expensive but didn't think it would be THAT expensive. But then again, there are 7 nendos in the order. I thought about asking them to split it up but I wonder if that will even make a difference.

I imagine it's all the books you have there that's really bumping up the shipping.

Blonde-guy in the P5 trailer looks very :dakkumauji

Maybe? If he ends up like an ass like Yosuke, then I don't approve.

Is this a thing? This should be a thing.

I have a thing now too?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah man, good luck with the jobhunt. And you're absolutely right about the last sentence.

That's Plum's Angel Crown Cardcaptor Sakura figure. Not interested in the character but she looks amazing. I like her much more than the standard frilly pink outfits she's usually presented in.

Thanks. I forgot how adorable the Card Captor figures were.

Remember when one door closes another opens. You'll find something better, you'll be happier, more productive, and make more money which you will blow on even more anime figures!
Seriously, good luck with the job search. I'd contact Amiami and let them know about the employment situation.
I'm sure they don't want to lose a valued customer over a temporary setback.

Acid08

Banned

Sorry to hear that :/ hope you find something soon! Just be tenacious as all hell.

StayDead

If you have the money to continue indulging in the hobby and live with food/shelter until you get a job again do it. There's no point punishing yourself for being fired. I hope you (and I, although I'm a different case) can both get a job soon :>

RMI

Banned

Sorry to hear that. Good luck finding new employment.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
*Sees both Danganronpas on the backlog pile, plus Persona 4*

You should do yourself a favor and play it ASAP. Awesome game.

Haha yeah I've got a huge backlog as well XD, but Persona/SMT takes priority for me to finish =P

I will get on it when I'm done with Tales of Hearts R, but it'll either be Persona 4 or SMT 4 (picked it up when it was on sale), I'll have to flip a coin...

Well, that's understandable.

I hope that the re-release is going to fix the issues I heard about on the original. Something about the way her base was designed on the original with plastic pegs that were easy to accidentally break (I've seen the original but don't own it). The red version comes attached to her base out of the box; she has a screw that goes up into her foot holding her to her base so she's very sturdy.

Yeah, I heard it can have leaning issues as well, probably brought about by the crappy pegs, but that's a risk I'm willing to take, it's just too nice looking to not own a version of it...

Oh fuck, sorry to read this, like others said email amiami with an explanation for the cancellations, and how you still look forward to doing business with them in the future when you get back on your feet...

WonFest is so close. I'm hyped everyone. SO HYPED!

Hear that?
It's the sound of our wallets collectively sighing!

Meyneth

So nendo Aoba Fianally got delivered:
I don't own any nendo Mikus but I think I understand when people say you can just use her twin-tails to balance her now. She also needs more arm/hand options, I feel restricted. :/

I also placed my order for the Kancolle nendo petits. Need to step up my Wo-Class game now

thanks guys. I really appreciate it and I'll write amiami should it come to me not having a job by the end of the month.

Episode 5, kind of cruel to split up the kongou sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom