• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got fired. If I don't find another job before this month's Amiami bill, I'm going to have to cancel my orders there and probably get banned cause that's a lot of orders to cancel lol

I don't think its responsible to continue indulging in this hobby while unemployed.

Damn dude that sucks. It's bullshit what happened to you. Hopefully you can pull unemployment. Good luck to you.

RMI

Banned
NoA really is a shitty company run by incompetent fools.

large.jpg

omlet

thanks guys. I really appreciate it and I'll write amiami should it come to me not having a job by the end of the month.

Episode 5, kind of cruel to split up the kongou sisters.

You might even want to email them now to let them know but don't ask for them to cancel yet, just give them a head's up that you might need to if things don't smooth out in time. Then again maybe they don't care, I don't know. At least they couldn't say you didn't do due diligence for advanced warning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should have clarified, this is a Nintendo UK thing. Sorry. Was in a happy mode when I originally posted so wasn't thinking straight.

Currently you can get the Skull Kid if you Buy a N3DS and MM from their store, but since this was an offer made after people bought the Ambassador 3DS, the Ambassador owners missed out on the opportunity to get a Skull Kid (unless they bought another N3DS). This basically rectifies the problem.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks KanColle for the complete reshuffle. Means even less chance of getting attached to one of the characters I had an eye on.

StayDead

Thanks KanColle for the complete reshuffle. Means even less chance of getting attached to one of the characters I had an eye on.

The pain has just begun BGBW. Just wait until the 6th Division next week. One shall stand and one shall fall.

omlet

Speaking of mail, when I have my packages sent to my house, they always arrive on a weekday, and when I have my packages sent to my work, they always show up on Saturday. How unlucky.

At least you can have things sent to your work. That's considered misuse of company resources where I work (having the warehouse/interoffice mailman spend time on your non-business stuff) and grounds for disciplinary action. ._. (at least I didn't have to find this out the hard way or anything)

NotLiquid

Woo. Nintendo is offering the Skull Kid figurine for Ambassador N3DS buyers.

When pre-orders went up for both the Majora's Mask Limited Edition and the N3DS XL bundle I pre-ordered both of them. They eventually cancelled my order for the former because according to them I pre-ordered it at a time it was fully booked. After filing a complaint since there was no indication of it and I was literally refreshing the page hourly after the announcement to score a pre-order they offered to bundle me the Skull Kid figurine with my Majora N3DS XL order which they aren't even selling regularly (especially not generally offering because its Europe) but using for store exclusive regular N3DS bundles.

I feel blessed to live near a store with the best customer service ever.

Do you have tracking?

Speaking of mail, when I have my packages sent to my house, they always arrive on a weekday, and when I have my packages sent to my work, they always show up on Saturday. How unlucky.

Not on Motoko, Akagi has been sitting in Atlanta for two days for some reason thought maybe the tracking was delayed.
Motoko is from Japan(over 3 weeks now), Akagi I got from a US seller.

kewlmyc

At least you can have things sent to your work. That's considered misuse of company resources where I work (having the warehouse/interoffice mailman spend time on your non-business stuff) and grounds for disciplinary action. ._. (at least I didn't have to find this out the hard way or anything)

Sounds like you work for a bunch of people with sticks shoved up their asses. No offence.

Einbroch

Banned

Wow. That's super shitty. It costs them literally nothing and is an incredibly minor inconvenience to process a package. I mean, if you had dozens of things being sent there a month, sure, but yikes.

That sucks :(. The only inconvenience for me is that if something is sent via USPS it can take an extra day or two to get to my cubicle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Man, I get shit sent to my office ALL the time. Sucks that you can't. :(

Acid08

Banned
Today's haul!

Sayaka looks seriously great. Awesome pose and sculpt. The swords look AMAZING, paint job is so good. I have a MIGHTY NEED to get the rest of the GSC figures now.

Rorona might be my new favorite figure though. The details on the outfit look incredible. Her pose looks like she's inviting you on an adventure, really nice to look at! The jewel accessories on her neck, waist, and staff all really stand out. Really though, I think the outfit is the star here. It just looks amazing. Makes me super excited for Ayesha next month!

Mami figma was kind of an impulse purchase, it was cheap. SUPER HAPPY WITH IT. It's small and adorable, and I think the only real figure of her in her school outfit. She's gonna stay sitting on my desk for a long time....also kinda really liking figmas right now :X

Overall this might be my favorite group of figures yet. I really love them all.

omlet

Sounds like you work for a bunch of people with sticks shoved up their asses. No offence.

Yeah, pretty much! (Though not my direct chain of command; my boss doesn't write the company policies and she's pretty chill most of the time.)
I can deal. The pay is good.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Live in Europe
Buy any 'new' Nintendo 3DS model
Buy Majora's Mask 3D

Should have clarified, this is a Nintendo UK thing. Sorry. Was in a happy mode when I originally posted so wasn't thinking straight.

Currently you can get the Skull Kid if you Buy a N3DS and MM from their store, but since this was an offer made after people bought the Ambassador 3DS, the Ambassador owners missed out on the opportunity to get a Skull Kid (unless they bought another N3DS). This basically rectifies the problem.

I just spent £195 on a "free" Skull Kid Figure...

Granted I was picking up MM 3D on release day, and getting a New 3DS sometime in the near future, but the figure made it all happen now.... Better not look like shit in hand...

Now I need me some Samus faceplates...
You guys don't have to tell me they haven't made any, in my heart I know they never will... But a man can dream...

SoldnerKei

Was the one Johnsmith posted from Amiami preowned gone when you saw his post?

I think so, iirc someone here said it sold like in 5 min

also I think you shared some links from nippon-yassan, she is still available there but a little bit expensive imo, last resort would be that one, when I get some extra money to spend on her :u

I think so, iirc someone here said it sold like in 5 min

also I think you shared some links from nippon-yassan, she is still available there but a little bit expensive imo, last resort would be that one, when I get some extra money to spend on her :u
Get the Figinstock account to update you on it, will also try and inform you if I see it as well; and yeah NY will be your last resort if needs be XP

Acid08

Banned
She looks great!

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you're pretty new to figure collecting, right? It seems like you've fallen down the rabbit hole quickly! :p

Yeah....maybe a little too quickly :p I'm about 3 months into collecting stuff. Part of the problem is that after I actually started looking into figures there was SO MUCH that was already released that I wanted from different shows and movies. Right now I have 9 things pre-ordered and I'm looking to stay around that...and also not hop on too much Manda stuff. The I NEED EVERYTHING mentality recently went away.

Recently I went through and trimmed down the exorbitant amount of stuff I had on my MFC wishlist and got it down to about 50. That includes figures, gunpla, artbooks etc.

Einbroch

Banned
Figinstock didn't even trigger on my Elin figure last night. I just happened to wake up at 3:30AM and checked their preowned stock, and there she was.

It's nice for things that are rare but not super rare.

SoldnerKei

Get the Figinstock account to update you on it, will also try and inform you if I see it as well; and yeah NY will be your last resort if needs be XP

nice, I forgot that site was on the OP of the previous thread!
thanks a lot for the reminder!

and just in another note, ems is taking way to long in updating the status of my Dizzy figure :c
it'll be almost a month without update, thou there is a disclaimer that there may be a delay delivery because they hate my country's mail office or something like that lol
but a whole month is too much I think, the most I have waited for a figure has been like 3 weeks

Acid08

Banned
Figinstock helped me get that Rorona last week and notified me of Ayesha and Chiaki restocks on AmiAmi but yeah, it can be unreliable for some stuff. Especially Mandarake stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've tried FigInStock, and it's useful to have another pair of eyes out there checking the sites. But yeah, for the super rare, you're better up staying awake until AmiAmi updates their pre-owned section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom