• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
She's da best.
Thanks guys. Here's a bonus:
49MjDnL.jpg

Yeah, baby's got back... She also looks like she's about to wobble forward with that gap at the bottom of the base, the poor balance is my l̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶u̶s̶e̶ reason for not buying her yet..
Well that and I've blowing my figure money faster then I shoulda...

Einbroch

Banned
Nendo Risers! WHAT SHOULD I GET?!

There are essentially three styles of riser: clear, black, and reflective. Clear is, duh, clear. Black is solid black with a shiny surface, like your "favorite" gaming console. Reflective is simply mirrored. Style is totally a preference. A lot of people like clear for DETOLFs, because that makes sense with the clear glass bottom. However, man, I LOVE the reflective risers. The mirror really reflects light and illuminates your Nendos from all angles. Black, is, well, black. Could look sleek, but I have no experience.

Height matters. Nendos are about three inches tall. But the base adds about 1/4th of an inch. Throw on hats or dynamic poses, and you've got ~four inches. Therefore, you absolutely must get four inch risers. You might even want to get five inches, depending on how much space you want. Again, preference. I think four is perfect.

I bought mine at Advert Displays.

I don't have a full setup, but here are a few pictures to help you decide. Reflective is 4 inches. Clear is only 1.5 inches. Sorry for the shitbox camera.

darklin0

Banned
Back from the dead, my body is ready for some Person figures. Oh and the new Fire Emblem... Someone tell Shinning Wizard we need more waifus.

o0515050613006678438.jpg

I just ordered this to go with my 1/8 scale Wo-Class I'm getting soon but also to add to my accidentally growing nendoroid collection.

Now if only I could get Re-Class for a good price...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I've been constantly refreshing my email every couple of minutes for the last hour. *refreshes email*

I was reading that certain lucky people are getting early processing notices for the Queen of the Dead (this is when sideshow will bill you and ship your item asap, ahead of everyone else) today, and I seem to not be one of them. *refreshes email*

But that can't be right *refreshes email*

Now I'm stuck here feeling like a amiibo junkie trying to pay retail for a rare figure they could get for a little more if they but looked around *refreshes email*

Bombless

I've been constantly refreshing my email every couple of minutes for the last hour. *refreshes email*

I was reading that certain lucky people are getting early processing notices for the Queen of the Dead (this is when sideshow will bill you and ship your item asap, ahead of everyone else) today, and I seem to not be one of them. *refreshes email*

Now I'm stuck here feeling like a amiibo junkie trying to pay retail for a rare figure they could get for a little more if they but looked around *refreshes email*

"One more F5. Just one more. Still nothing...ok, one more!"

LiK

man, haven't posted here in a while and lots of new faces around now. been way too lazy at posting my figure pick-ups. gonna probably do some fun photo shoots once i'm no longer exhausted from the fucking snowstorms.

I got lazy and ordered from Amazon via a third party seller ($113 total including shipping). Those ebay prices are outrageous.

Oh! I thought you got it for a reasonable price. And I just made you spend more money on top of it. :D

Man, I should just buy Wo-class Dekacchu. She could eat a dozen Nendos anyway.

darklin0

Banned
I might finally break and will not be able to keep afloat. May end up ordering the Re-class nendo. Time to sink into the abyss.

Why order the nendo from them? She goes up for preorders on GSC store for like $60 including shipping (with current exchange rate) it just a few days.

Wait, wait. Why? She'll be 5k yen on GSC's site on Sunday/Monday.

Thanks for the info. Canceled my order and will wait until Sunday to order on GSC.

I'm still new at ordering from these sites as my figure collection is small and I'm immensely ignorant. I rely on you guys and gals to let me know what's what.

omlet

I don't get it. Is she exclusive or something?

You trollin'?
Yes, Wo-class was an exclusive and has high aftermarket demand so she's expensive from resellers and never lasts long on amiami/mandarake on the occasions they get a preowned in.

The only thing worse is being waitlisted for statues.

Einbroch

Banned
Thanks for the info. Canceled my order and will wait until Sunday to order on GSC.

I'm still new at ordering from these sites as my figure collection is small and I'm immensely ignorant. I rely on you guys and gals to let me know what's what.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. No question is too dumb. Unless you're asking whether or not you should buy a figure by the maker Griffon. I'll save you the embarrassment now and say don't order a figure by the maker Griffon.

omlet

If you're new I would recommend asking here before pulling the trigger on stuff that expensive. Someone can usually help you find some other options (sometimes not any cheaper options, but still).

For Nendos, GSC web store sells them at MSRP, so use that as a baseline before you order (new) nendos from anywhere else.

For released figures (nendo or not), always check MFC, amiami, mandarake (need to know how to search with kana/kanji, so it can be a hassle but you can save a lot of money), HLJ, hobby search, and amazonjp before turning to ebay/amazon or import shops like BBTS, kidnemo, or any other number of reputable but higher priced shops.

Before long you will be able to whip up a thorough price check in a matter of minutes so you can make those impulse buys without much lingering regret.

Oh, I was wondering why you ordered from BBTS. I only mentioned it at all because GSC isn't even putting her up for sale until Sunday night, which I thought made it worth a mention.

chrono01

I'm glad I didn't continue collecting the KanColle Nendoroid [I only own Shimakaze right now].

No. Instead I opted to continue the even more expensive scaled figures.

Yeah, that was a wise choice. :/

I'm glad I didn't continue collecting the KanColle Nendoroid [I only own Shimakaze right now].

Abyssals only for me. :D

Still thinking about that Dekacchu.

Ship girls still only fighting Abyssal scrub-class ships in the animu. :(

Bombless

I made the wisest of all choices :
All three : scales, figmas and now nendos.

I'm staying the fuck away from medicchus though.

Acid08

Banned
Don't be afraid to ask questions. No question is too dumb. Unless you're asking whether or not you should buy a figure by the maker Griffon. I'll save you the embarrassment now and say don't order a figure by the maker Griffon.

Also Beach Queens. Don't buy them.

In related news I think I turned a corner in my figure collecting journey: no longer interested in beach figures. The more I look at them compared to other stuff, the more boring they look.

Ultimadrago

In related news I think I turned a corner in my figure collecting journey: no longer interested in beach figures? The more I look at them compared to other stuff, the more boring they look.

You've grown so much. *sniffle*

Einbroch

Banned

In related news I think I turned a corner in my figure collecting journey: no longer interested in beach figures. The more I look at them compared to other stuff, the more boring they look.

There's not much more we can teach you. You've come so far.

But we've all learned this time right? We're going to pre-order Re-Class and not fool ourselves into thinking she'll be cheaper and easy to find in the aftermarket, right?

#YOLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom