• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
o0515039013210142194.jpg

*hides wallet*

So lewd.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
B9IXJJECcAEfnjc.jpg

Wonderful hobby exclusive
Only 300 made
price is 148k

lDMA5Mh.gif

Han Yolo

image_zpsbevumj1f.jpg~320x480

These berserk statues will be mine

tumblr_morqineCFn1qflb4co1_500.gif
You should used this gif, you magnificent bastard:

I think we all have to agree here. Femto wins OT3.

110% agreed

Only thing that could potentially stop me now is the girl I'm currently talking to. This one is a keeper, and if it all goes well. How in the hell am I suppose to explain Guts and Femto when the time comes?

Baka, you've got experience in this subject matter. How do you do it? Lol

This is a shot of my bedroom in 2001, this blacked-out 18 year old girl from Scotland flew over to see me in Maryland, near 13 years later it's not like she can pretend she didn't know I was crazy, I have photographic evidence...

That said, I don't handle her, she handles me LOL, I'm impulsive and act like tomorrow may never come, and she's the down to earth reasonable one who tries to keep us going despite my best efforts.

First thing I did today when I got up was to check my email for QOTD early shipping notice, and I saw a sideshow email and got excited for two seconds before I saw it was just the first flex pay for Kier going through.

Then I checked amiami, nothing up that interested me, then came here...

Saw Guts priced and called my wife asap.

I can get him.

If I don't order anything else from now until he comes out.

I literally have to get by the next year with just my current pre-orders no matter what shows up at wonderfest, no matter what hot toys gets announced, no matter what Sideshow Staute gets made, no matter what scale/brown skinned elf/spacegirl/figma/amiibo gets made.

The most expensive I've been with collecting was 3 £350 1/4 scale figures in the space of 30 days last year, and she's always hated I did that (meaning that to this day if brought up she'll still moan about it, so sometimes you have to weigh if it's worth that), this is worse in her eyes, the only reason she's not against it is she knows how much I adore Berserk.

So that's how it's handled, I now have to contemplate how badly I need this Berserk statue. In the end Guts isn't even my favorite character from berserk, it's always been Femto. I would kill every order I currently have to have his statue, but Guts I have to really agonize myself over.

The Guts statue with shipping and customs tax will cost at least £930/$1423/167k JPY..

*sidenote, just so you guys know I did ask my wife long ago if could post that picture if the need arrived, and she said as long as I blacked her out it was fine... I can however post a wedding photo of us, and I was like "why would I ever need to post that" and she got mad LOL

I wish I had legit photography skills so I can take some sweet pics like these.

They have mad skills, but it's also the lens, the lens I need for mine is £480... So gonna be a long time before I can justify "I need this lens to take pictures of my figures"...

Glad I waited on Max Factory Psychic since it looks like she isn't even close to being sold out. Wonder how long it'll take her to reach bomba prices.

I was hoping she'd bomba too, if I can have the devil's cheerleader I can handle her pointy bits...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH, I see I missed a bit after I went to bed >.<

EDIT: I AM STILL CONSIDERING HIM :0 The company is doing well.

HrbHw00.gif

I just checked a bunch of forums, and Femto is the first and only person I saw that ordered it so far, everyone else that said "no matter what" just got a curb stomping dose of reality. (I can't remember if I said "no matter what" for Guts, but I did just say "no matter what" for Femto*)

*Femto the statue, not Femto the figuregaf poster :p

Ryuuroden

Seeing all these prices go around make me think do you guys have additional insurance coverage for your figures? :

I have only a few thousand dollars in figures. My main coverages are 25k in Lego and 50k in a 4 generation long collection of stamps.

If I remember Azusa sold out fast and the only one yo could buy it from was a company that wanted payment up front. I think that's why I skipped her.

That's a good point. I got an order in for Azusa but what are the chances I'll be quick enough for all 5? Ugh.

Fake edit: I just looked on N-Y and they've opened orders again?! https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-k-on/10323-k-on-nakano-azusa-5th-anniversary-limited-edition.html. Don't know how long that'll last. They've limited orders to 1pp.

Femto.

You should used this gif, you magnificent bastard:

110% agreed

This is a shot of my bedroom in 2001, this blacked-out 18 year old girl from Scotland flew over to see me in Maryland, near 13 years later it's not like she can pretend she didn't know I was crazy, I have photographic evidence...

That said, I don't handle her, she handles me LOL, I'm impulsive and act like tomorrow may never come, and she's the down to earth reasonable one who tries to keep us going despite my best efforts.

First thing I did today when I got up was to check my email for QOTD early shipping notice, and I saw a sideshow email and got excited for two seconds before I saw it was just the first flex pay for Kier going through.

Then I checked amiami, nothing up that interested me, then came here...

Saw Guts priced and called my wife asap.

I can get him.

If I don't order anything else from now until he comes out.

I literally have to get by the next year with just my current pre-orders no matter what shows up at wonderfest, no matter what hot toys gets announced, no matter what Sideshow Staute gets made, no matter what scale/brown skinned elf/spacegirl/figma/amiibo gets made.

The most expensive I've been with collecting was 3 £350 1/4 scale figures in the space of 30 days last year, and she's always hated I did that (meaning that to this day if brought up she'll still moan about it, so sometimes you have to weigh if it's worth that), this is worse in her eyes, the only reason she's not against it is she knows how much I adore Berserk.

So that's how it's handled, I now have to contemplate how badly I need this Berserk statue. In the end Guts isn't even my favorite character from berserk, it's always been Femto. I would kill every order I currently have to have his statue, but Guts I have to really agonize myself over.

The Guts statue with shipping and customs tax will cost at least £930/$1423/167k JPY..

*sidenote, just so you guys know I did ask my wife long ago if could post that picture if the need arrived, and she said as long as I blacked her out it was fine... I can however post a wedding photo of us, and I was like "why would I ever need to post that" and she got mad LOL.
Gif is bookmarked for future use!

Wow thanks for sharing! There is hope for me then, except that she doesn't know anything about my figures at the moment, just how much I am into gaming.

I'm on the same boat as you, I currently have two items (out of 15 figs in total) on pre-order that I no longer want thanks to Guts. I also loathe the fact that I'll probably miss out on a lot of Koto's bishoujos that I'd probably get otherwise. Not to mention my must have games for this year. Xenoblade X, Zelda U, Bloodborne, etc. In my short 6-7 months of lurking/posting here I didn't think I'd fall this deep.

Thanks FigureGAF

I just checked a bunch of forums, and Femto is the first and only person I saw that ordered it so far, everyone else that said "no matter what" just got a curb stomping dose of reality. (I can't remember if I said "no matter what" for Guts, but I did just say "no matter what" for Femto*)

*Femto the statue, not Femto the figuregaf poster :p
Haha

I (obviously) am more excited about the Femto statue, nothing bars me from getting him. I decided to cave on Guts because it would a crime not to get both. Especially after seeing Guts displayed at AX last July.

Oh and to be fair, a friend and I took the plunge together. He signed up for a GAF account a few weeks ago and is waiting to get in. He'll be a regular Figure GAF poster I assure you!

Yaari

Well, pre-ordered Azusa. I wasn't going to but I do like them together, and I can't be missing one.

From 0 pre-orders in 2015 at all to 2, haha. I will pay one off upfront. Plenty of time.

Well, pre-ordered Azusa. I wasn't going to but I do like them together, and I can't be missing one.

From 0 pre-orders in 2015 at all to 2, haha. I will pay one off upfront. Plenty of time.

Heh...I just did as well. I used the pay later option since they claim they can't accept paypal for preorders anymore. Now to wait for Mugi to pop up there.

Ban Puncher

I got my Snake Nendo, a cheap pre-owned original Miku Nendo, a Pythagoras Switch toy,
MORE AMIIBOS
and my refund all arrived today from AmiAmi.

yUzlVaq.gif

Yaari

Nendo Red again on AmiAmi. The 10k one sold so quickly that they now roll with 15k. Lol.

I wonder if we will see more of the Love Live Alter line during WonFes. When does it start anyway?

omlet

That Guts price is nuts. Considering one for resale value...

Also, I'm so glad those k-on girls have no sway on me. RIP you guys' wallets.

Not that there aren't plenty of other things to RIP my wallet... like Madoka Magica stuff... Just paid for these on Mandarake (after shipping):
GSC Homura 1/8 (first version) 11180
GSC Madoka 1/8 (movie version) 6380
GSC Mami 1/8 6280

Sayaka was sold out but there was another one so waiting on confirmation for that. Ended up having to get them all from different stores so that sucks in terms of shipping but with the low starting prices (5k for A/B condition for three of them was less than amiami and Homura's price was on par), pretty much all I'm losing out on is the measly 1% points from amiami. Assuming I get the second Sayaka, about $300 for the entire set after shipping (already had Kyoko) which is a good bit less than what I would have paid for buying them back when they were newer and the yen was stronger.

Mami, Kyoko, Madoka, and Sayaka (movie version) still available on mandarake if anyone (Acid? anyone else?) was looking for them. I got the last (non-You Are Not Alone) Homura and (TV version) Sayaka (movie version Sayaka still available but I didn't want to pay 2k more just for the darker hair) that they had for now.

I wonder if we will see more of the Love Live Alter line during WonFes. When does it start anyway?
The only love live stuff I kinda want is a Nico nendo...

That Mugi looks so good...
It's great to see Azusa opened for ordering again, but I don't think I can commit to $500+ for the complete set on top of my current preorders.
Shame, too, cause they'll look super nice next to eachother.

Y'all who are ordering better take lots of pictures. :p

You know we all should contact a mod to give Femto a tag XD hmmmmm "Wallet Sacrificer"?
PLUM teases Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Misawa Maho Bunny ver. unpainted prototype
PLUM reveals today a first teaser photo of their 1/7 scale figure of Misawa Maho from Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS in her Usagi-san ver. (Bunny version). The figure is scheduled for release in 2015, with other details still to be announced. The company also confirmed that more information, and hopefully more photos of the prototype as well, are coming soon.
plum_misawateas-1.jpg

=============================
Orca Toys reveals first painted prototype photo of “Oreimo” Gokou Ruri 1/4 scale figure
Orca Toys reveals today the very first painted prototype photo of their 1/4 scale figure of Gokou Ruri from Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo), showing half part of the figure. Gokou Ruri has been painted wearing a black and white striped swimsuit. Unpainted prototype photos are were revealed back in November/December 2014.
orca_ruripainted.jpg

Sculpt revealed for “Shin Tennis no Oujisama” Atobe Keigo 1/8 scale ALTAiR figure by Alter
The official announcement came back in January this year, and today unpainted prototype of Atobe Keigo from Shin Tennis no Oujisama (also known as New Prince of Tennis or Prince of Tennis II) 1/8 scale ALTAiR figure by Alter has been revealed.

New information reveals a Fall 2015 release for the figure, which will be on display at Alter’s booth at Wonder Festival 2015 Winter this Sunday.
alter_atobesculpt.jpg

Myethos Adds More Characters To Their FairyTale Line
Remember Myethos’ so pretty but not quite perfect Snow White/Evil Queen? Well, it was a while ago but it seems like they are continuing the FairyTale line (which I almost typed as FairyTail, thanks manga)! We’ve got two new additions, and they already look better than Snow. First up is the sculpt of Little Red Riding Hood, who looks pretty fantastic right now. That hair! Then we have the art for Alice in Wonderland, which is just lovely and whimsical. However, her pose is a little strange so it’s hard to tell how it will translate into a figure sculpt. Then again, the original art for Red Hood has her sitting so they’re obviously not afraid of making artistic changes.
287069.jpg
287123.jpg

2015 Winter Wonfes Sneak Peek!
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

We’re come this far… now we’re into the final spurt! The offices are bustling with energy as everyone gets things packed up and ready for the big set up tomorrow!

Today is also the very last weekday before WonFes, which means it’s time for the usual…

WonFes Sneak Peek!

Let’s get started! (&#65344;&#12539;&#969;&#12539;´)&#12446;

What figures will debut this time around?!

You might get some ideas through these photos… but there is bound to be much more too!
- 1 -
o0515033713210146309.jpg

Preview: World Conquest Zvezda Plot - Lady Venera 1/7 Complete Figure by MAX Factory

"The pathetic likes of you readers will never understand the true value of my figure! However, since I am feeling nice today I'll allow you to buy me if you agree to swear your eternal fealty to the great Lady Venera! May the light of Zvezda illuninate me on your shelf!"

Sorry about that. She's a bit… curt. Even her figure speaks for itself!

Wonder Festival Winter 2015 AmiAmi Booth Preview! [2 Hall 13]
Wonder Festival is the world cup for figure fanatics and the best part is it comes twice a year! Here's a look at what to expect at the AmiAmi booth (2 Hall 13, btw) this Sunday. For those outside of Japan who can't make it--we've got you covered too. Check back with us on Monday for a full event report!

---------------------------------------------------------
AmiAmi Figures

Our product division's been busy! Let's see what they have in store for us...

Exhibit: Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu - Tail Red
cale: 1/8
Height: approx. 160mm Tall
Sculptor: Men (Garekiya)
Planned release: 2015

Exhibit: Cecelia Alcott Blue Tears
Scale: 1/8
Height: approx. 320mm x 530mm x 400mm
Sculptor: Men (Garekiya)
*Images from WF Summer 2014

Special Figure Displays
Here are just some of the exclusive figures we'll have on display from Pulchra!

Nanana's Buried Treasure "Tensai Ikkyu" Resin Cast Pre-painted Complete Figure [AmiAmi Exclusive]

ToHeart2 - Tamaki Kosaka 1/10 Pre-painted Complete Resin Cast Figure [AmiAmi Exclusive]

Nourin - Bekki Resin Cast Pre-Painted Complete Figure [AmiAmi Exclusive]

Smartphone Stand Bishoujo Character Collection No.11 No Game No Life - Shiro

Display: Kantai Collection -KanColle- Cycling Jerseys
New items: Haruna, Kirishima, Nagato, Ooi & Kitakami, Jigure & Yudachi
Reissues: Akagi, Kaga, Shimakaze, Tenryu & Tatsuta, Takao & Atago, Destroyer Division 6,
Kongo, Hiei
Sizes: XS-4XL
Planned release: April 2015

"IDOLM@STER Million Live!" 765 Production Pit Shirt (Long Sleeves)
Sizes: S-LL
Planned release: March 2015

THE IDOLM@STER One for All Cycling Jerseys
ook for a special event price!
*Limited quantities

amie

Display: "Diabolik Lovers More, Blood" Bag Charms
-Ayato, Kanato, Raito, Shuu, Reiji, Subaru, Ruki, Kou, Yuma & Azusa

Display: "Diabolik Lovers More, Blood" Charm Set

Display: "Diabolik Lovers More, Blood" UV Mirrors

Display: "Diabolik Lovers More, Blood" Business Card Set

Display: "Diabolik Lovers More, Blood" Decoration Slide Mirrors
pecial event price: 2000 Yen

Other Items

Display: Hugging Pillow Cover Stand "Sugu Pata"
For 1600mm x 500mm covers
*Sorry, Amico cover is a display item only!

On Sale: Amico and Lilco Color Memopad Set
Event price: 500 Yen
*Will be available for international orders via webstore in future

Stop by our booth for a free A2-sized Amico shopping bag! At H405×W605×D200mm it's a bit bigger than our bags from last summer so you can fit even more figures and garage kits inside!
*Wonder Festival exclusive item

Just ask one of these ladies for a bag at our booth&#9834;

*Image from WF Summer 2014
*While supplies last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom