• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
vMRO9fq.jpg

I am ready.

I will be ordering Sunday when Re-Class goes up but is this something I need to jump on immediately? Don't wanna see it sell out so fast I can't get it.

Finally i found figureGAF, new here :D.

i preordered the new Selvaria Bless figure from Vertex, looks amazing.

Yay! Glad you joined us, you will fit in here, I can tell already hehe.

I'll be honest with you guys, I'd buy an unopened Max Factory Morrigan for 60k. Looks like that isn't happening till a few more years now. Maybe a re-release will happen by then? :D

Probably not, MF plz.

Are you kidding? They're not going to reissue Morrigan. That's so small-time. They just got somebody to pay 150k for a figure. From here on, Max Factory is going 150k all the way.

Welcome and good job. Now let's hope the final piece looks something like the prototype. :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've never owned a figure (GK's are my first delve into this scary world), but I keep looking at Kotori Minami and am considering preordering it. :|

Also, I need a good display shelf for my figures and models. Suggestions! Go!

Einbroch

Banned
I've never owned a figure (GK's are my first delve into this scary world), but I keep looking at Kotori Minami and am considering preordering it. :|

People are going to tell you to get a DETOLF. I don't like the glass look. I just have two of these from Target. Cheaper and they look nice. Throw in some lights and boom. You're golden.

Ikea Billy series or Detolf would be great choices!

Also...order it Nico...you know you want to.

Ikea Billy series or Detolf would be great choices!

Also...order it Nico...you know you want to.

Between the two, I'd give the Billy a slight edge due to superior capacity. But forego buying the glass doors if you don't absolutely need them. So expensive and such a pain to assemble.

george_us

Phat! Satsuki came today and I'm pretty blown away by her. For some reason she looks far more energetic in person than she does in pictures. The paint job is great, the pose is very dynamic, and her hair looks awesome. It even seems like they fixed the foot peg problem that Ryuko had since Satsuki slid right into her pegs with no trouble at all. Only thing I wish is that her smile was a scowl but even still, the smile looks good on her. Overall Phat! did a great job with her.

Nendo Snake arrived with her and he owns hard. Love him.

FIGURE-009902.jpg
Welcome to Figure-GAF!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
People are going to tell you to get a DETOLF. I don't like the glass look. I just have two of these from Target. Cheaper and they look nice. Throw in some lights and boom. You're golden.

I like how cheap the Target ones are, but my office is all brown/olive green. Black would clash pretty hard.

The DETOLF looks nice...Shipping might be a bit of a bitch, though. Still might consider it since I kind of love the simple glass look.

Phat! Satsuki came today and I'm pretty blown away by her. For some reason she looks far more energetic in person than she does in pictures. The paint job is great, the pose is very dynamic, and her hair looks awesome. It even seems like they fixed the foot peg problem that Ryuko had since Satsuki slid right into her pegs with no trouble at all. Only thing I wish is that her smile was a scowl but even still, the smile looks good on her. Overall Phat! did a great job with her.

Nendo Snake arrived with her and he owns hard. Love him.

Welcome to Figure-GAF!

Great impressions, pretty much echo how I feel as well. She came out great.

Caineghis

Neo Member
How's the Morrigan? Many people were weary of buying it here.

Im no expert on this topics, but the painting is really good and the sleepy eyes are sexy.
I have to say though that the wings are a bit flimsy, so you have to put them really tight.

The moon is my biggest fear that is gonna break soon or later.

omlet

If you want glass, go DETOLF from IKEA ($65 each). If you don't want the transparency, IKEA Billy (can get glass doors for them) and Target's premade shelving are good options. You will have to dust a lot more often if you use open shelf displays (and by a lot more often I mean figures in a DETOLF only need dusting like once a year vs once a month).

I use a DETOLF setup with a custom made raiser shelf.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you want glass, go DETOLF from IKEA ($65 each). If you don't want the transparency, IKEA Billy (can get glass doors for them) and Target's premade shelving are good options. You will have to dust a lot more often if you use open shelf displays (and by a lot more often I mean figures in a DETOLF only need dusting like once a year vs once a month).

I use a DETOLF setup with a custom made raiser shelf.

Wow, that's beautiful!

I like the way this looks a lot.

Einbroch

Banned
I'll have to run by Target to see if the brown goes well with my current shelves and desk.

Do you have pictures of yours? I'd love to see how you lit them.

I don't, unfortunately. What I did was buy two of these and use small pieces of folded scotch tape to the top. They include tape, but I somehow lost it. Oops. Then I ran the cord along the top and drilled a very small hole in the back for the cords to run down the back of the bookcase.

I can post some pictures, but it won't be for a month or so.

Caineghis

Neo Member
Where you living? Can say the continent if you're wary =P

Also got a Twitter? GSC will have a WonFES competiton anyone with Twitter might as well try out.

I Live in Chile and i just read in the good smile webpage that they ship to Chile, dont know about free shipping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom