• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Wow, that's beautiful!

I like the way this looks a lot.

Thanks, it took a lot of work to set it all up but I really like how it turned out! Here's how I did the lighting http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139780345&postcount=1965

I've since redone the tape to replace the cardboard spacers shown in that post so it looks like this now (both pictures taken at night with only the shelf lights turned on in the room):
wtS8J3I.jpg

O1jdnOu.jpg

In case you're curious, 4 DETOLF, 4 DIODER, the custom-build raiser, and misc expenses (tape, wire ties, etc.) was just over
$400

I Live in Chile and i just read in the good smile webpage that they ship to Chile, dont know about free shipping though.

It's not free. At least for the US they charge 2000 yen for shipping. You may have additional customs fees or whatnot on top of that.

johnsmith

remember me
Well after many false starts sideshow finally shipped Poison Ivy today. Says I'll be getting it Monday, at least they're quick once they do finally get it shipped.

Luigi87

Thanks, someone will have to explain me what WonFes is, i think is related to new figures.

Wonder Festival is a bi-annual event (Summer and Winter) where new figures are revealed, showcased, as well as updated prototypes for figures already known. It is essentially E3 for figure collectors.
Also certain companies sell exclusives that are only available to buy at, or order during WonFes (See: GSC)

Einbroch

Banned
Thanks, someone will have to explain me what WonFes is, i think is related to new figures.

Alternatively called "Destroyer of Dreams and Wallets", WonFes is a convention where figure producers (both individuals and businesses) come together and show off their wares. Much like CES for electronics or E3 for videogames.

It's called the Destroyer of Dreams because you see a ton of Garage Kits that look absolutely incredible but will never be mass produced. It's called the Destroyer of Wallets because you see a ton of figures you know you need to buy.

It's fun. And awful. But mostly fun.

Luigi87

Alternatively called "Destroyer of Dreams and Wallets", WonFes is a convention where figure producers (both individuals and businesses) come together and show off their wares. Much like CES for electronics or E3 for videogames.

It's called the Destroyer of Dreams because you see a ton of Garage Kits that look absolutely incredible but will never be mass produced. It's called the Destroyer of Wallets because you see a ton of figures you know you need to buy.

Oh yeah... this is also a very important thing to keep in mind.

...;_;
One day there will be non-GK MoHun scale figures!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So this happened, just couldn't put off the inevitable anymore:

I got it to work out so that I can still buy what I need through the year, as long as I stop impulse buying wants, and any random pretty figure that catches my eye, and I have to sell off some figures that don't fit into my new outlook for collectables.

I got it to work out so that I can still buy what I need through the year, as long as I stop impulse buying wants, and any random pretty figure that catches my eye, and I have to sell off some figures that don't fit into my new outlook for collectables.

IA6jUlN.gif

Damn. So that's 2 down from here. Let's see if it starts to domino.

And still no Figma Akagi and Motoko.
Motoko nearly 4 weeks since I got the shipping notice, SAL even around Christmas has only ever taken 2 and 2 1/2 absolute tops.

Akagi still sitting in Atlanta, 4 days later with no movement.

StayDead

Never read guts and I haven't ever had 148k at one time I don't think outside of when I recieved the money I got when my Nan passed away when I was very young. I feel like an idiot now for spending it, but a few years after I got it I brought a new PC with it and I always said I'd replace what I "borrowed" from that money, but since then I've never made enough to replace it.

When I get a job though I'm going to get that 1k back I'll keep it until a time comes when I really need it. For now though until that time comes that money is still being borrowed from that fund I got. If anything it's somewhat funded my hobbies and happiness for the past 4-6 years so I suppoose it's not alll bad.

148k though, DAMN.

ibv28WM41h94oN.jpg

(to BZ & Femto's wallets)

ivXsvYHhgnt86.gif

Don't forget folks Baka Zeitgeist is also living in the UK so on top of that he's gotta pay 20% extra for tax and will no doubt be screwed over by handling fees.

My wallet is (not) ready.

Ryuuroden

Soooo, came to the conclusion that I only wanted the MF Guts because I figured he would be CHEAPER from them than from Art of War. Well, that turned out not the case so, not going to get it.

After coming to that conclusion (opening up available spending money) I went ahead and ordered 2 more Samurai Girls bringing my total to 6 (5 in the last 2 weeks) with only 1 more I need to hunt down and buy (The one coming out this month). The two I ordered today are Hanzo Hattori and Senhime which are the two that have increased in price since release (almost doubled). Total came to 27k yen. I justified spending that much also by telling myself that I the yen is like 40 cents cheaper now to the dollar than it was when they came out and I picked up 3 of the others for over 50% off original msrp each. Now I will have an almost complete Alter set (of the ones I want). The only other two I want are Gotou Matabei and Houzouin Inshun.

My Samurai Girls collection has finally passed my Nanoha StrikerS collection in number of figures to become my largest theme. Btw, I really dislike the Hyakka Ryouran anime, I just cannot ignore the character design.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks, it took a lot of work to set it all up but I really like how it turned out! Here's how I did the lighting http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139780345&postcount=1965

I've since redone the tape to replace the cardboard spacers shown in that post so it looks like this now (both pictures taken at night with only the shelf lights turned on in the room):

In case you're curious, 4 DETOLF, 4 DIODER, the custom-build raiser, and misc expenses (tape, wire ties, etc.) was just over
$400

It's not free. At least for the US they charge 2000 yen for shipping. You may have additional customs fees or whatnot on top of that.

Man, that's a really fantastic price for such a gorgeous display. I checked shipping on the DETOLF to me...WAY too expensive. I may have to forgo a nice display until I have a chance to get to an IKEA again soon.

Femto.

Which Morrigan figure are we talking here?
It's a scale Max Factory one that came out in 2007 (or 08'? I forget) she became really popular afterwards and her price skyrocketed to 50-60k.

If Harbor Princess ends up being $1200 because of this, the boat girl revolution is coming for you.
Pull out while you still can brah. She might be under Wonderful Hobby Selection for all we know.

We can go through this together, your wallet is now branded too.

No resell here, it just seems dumb not to pay out a little extra to get a second Re if GSC are picking up the shipping tab.

At this point I feel I know enough people invested in figures/nendos that having an extra miku/Re or two might make for good gifts later. And if that doesn't pan out, I can sell them to interested GAFers or something just to make my expenses back. And if that doesn't work out, I'm sure I can make some entertaining scenarios with them.

this too is omlet's dark influence, I need an intervention

We've gotten a bunch of new people recently. It's cool to see the community growing.

I try to invite as many as I can. If they even make the mistake of mentioning a Nendo or Scale I usually send a PM or get their attention in the thread lol.

More people to enable!

omlet

Man, that's a really fantastic price for such a gorgeous display. I checked shipping on the DETOLF to me...WAY too expensive. I may have to forgo a nice display until I have a chance to get to an IKEA again soon.

Yeah, DETOLF weigh about 90 pounds each... IKEA shipping is stupid expensive so don't use it. I actually got all mine picked up for me by friends/coworkers (first two many years ago, second two just last year) who were already planning a trip in the area (nearest IKEA for me is 4 hour drive away).

this too is omlet's dark influence, I need an intervention
huehuehuehue

Acid08

Banned
Gonna try my hand at selling a couple things on MFC. Lets see how it goes!

For anyone here is interested I'm selling this and this. PM me here and I'll knock the price down a bit for Figure-Gaf!

myco666

Seriously that Guts statue is killing me. I probably could afford it but it is so big that I don't know if I even have room for it.

Obviously if I buy it I have to buy that Femto too.

yami4ct

Took a break from Reconguista in G a while back and now furiously binge watching that show to catch up. Absolutely in love with the designs. I'm pretty smitten with the G-Self Assault Pack. Probably my favorite G-Self aside from the Reflector pack. Super tempted to grab the upcoming HG of that. $25 for a pretty damn big kit seems like a pretty good deal. We'll see. Love this design.

Also really tempted to grab the Mac Knife kit if I have some extra cash.

Holy hell, I leave for a couple of hours and another we got another cool member and a wallet sunk?

This topic makes me so proud of you guys.

Took a break from Reconguista in G a while back and now furiously binge watching that show to catch up. Absolutely in love with the designs. I'm pretty smitten with the G-Self Assault Pack. Probably my favorite G-Self aside from the Reflector pack. Super tempted to grab the upcoming HG of that. $25 for a pretty damn big kit seems like a pretty good deal. We'll see. Love this design.

I love that design too, my friends wanted to kill me because I said that (they were the ones that introduced me to gundam).

Oh damn, that looks awesome. I love my HG G-Self, and really most of the suits from G Reco.

Acid08

Banned

Yeah, that one rules. Still waiting on an MG G-Self though. Wonder what they'll do for the different versions with that. P-Bandai exclusives prolly.

kewlmyc

Haha, you guys never cease to amaze me. That's two people here who kept their word and preordered it regardless of price. Impressive.

yami4ct

Yeah, that one rules. Still waiting on an MG G-Self though. Wonder what they'll do for the different versions with that. P-Bandai exclusives prolly.

I could see the Space Pack being done as a standalone releases like the Universal Booster or as a P-Bandai exclusive. Maybe the Reflector Pack gets a release as well with an alternate set of armor pieces, but probably not because it would be too hard to do a "deployed" look. No way Torque, Tricky and Assault get releases because they'd be way too massive to do in MG form. Also seems like the G-Reco kits aren't doing that great, so I doubt we get too many MGs from that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom