• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Settin

This is one of my favorite figures and I preordered Musashi.
KmS61su.png

vLE4sKQ.gif

You think this is a game?

omlet

I think I'm going to have to take the 2.5 hour trip down to Ikea to get a couple Detolfs. The shipping is laughable at $349.00.

Please, take a person with you. Those things are heeeeeaaaaavvvvvyyyyyy.

Well, they pack them in 2 pieces these days, so they're very easy to handle by yourself one piece at a time. Once assembled they are a little harder to handle with only two arms to work with, but as long as you're not doing anything drastic you'll be fine. Will definitely be a non-issue if your brother is going to help.

Bombless

I think I'm going to have to take the 2.5 hour trip down to Ikea to get a couple Detolfs. The shipping is laughable at $349.00.

I don't like my Harley's out in the air, they need to be behind glass.

That's because they are heavy as fuck.

In other news, time for another Bombless' Mom Update™:

She received Naruko and the beauty below sometime yesterday morning. I got the message just as I was about to go to sleep.

Woke up later that evening and as soon as I got online my phone rang. I'm paraphrasing but it went like the usual conversation on this topic :

Mom : "I'm going to kill you."
Me : "Uhhh what'd I do again?"
Mom : "You know what you did. You are dead to me."
Me : "I'm drawing a blank here, what happened?"
Mom : "There's a Sonico in yukata, part of the same collection as the one I just received. Why didn't you tell me?"
Me : "Well, you didn't ask. And you keep telling me that you've bought enough figures, blah blah blah"
Mom : "BUT SHE IS BEAUTIFUL"
Me : "...and?"
Mom : "And nothing!"
Me : "....I could check if she's still available. If you want."
Mom : "Yes."
Me : "And there's the third member of the trio as well. Should I look her up?"
Me : "Ok mom, I'll let you know if they're still available."
Mom : "You are terrible. I hate you."
Me : "Sure."

At this point she went back to the usual "I'm going to kill you, you're making me spend money" etc etc routine until I hung up.

Of course both Sonico and Fuuri are available. I'll call her back in the morning and put the order in for her. I've said this before but I love my mom, figure collector in denial and all.

#1. johnsmith
Crime: refuses to buy Arshes Nei

I'm guilty of that crime as well and there is no bigger fan of Life as myself so your argument is invalid.

Edit : For the record, the two figures she wants :

That's because they are heavy as fuck.

In other news, time for another Bombless' Mom Update™:

She received Naruko and the beauty below sometime yesterday morning. I got the message just as I was about to go to sleep.

Woke up later that evening and as soon as I got online my phone rang. I'm paraphrasing but it went like the usual conversation on this topic :

Mom : "I'm going to kill you."
Me : "Uhhh what'd I do again?"
Mom : "You know what you did. You are dead to me."
Me : "I'm drawing a blank here, what happened?"
Mom : "There's a Sonico in yukata, part of the same collection as the one I just received. Why didn't you tell me?"
Me : "Well, you didn't ask. And you keep telling me that you've bought enough figures, blah blah blah"
Mom : "BUT SHE IS BEAUTIFUL"
Me : "...and?"
Mom : "And nothing!"
Me : "....I could check if she's still available. If you want."
Me : "And there's the third member of the trio as well. Should I look her up?"
Me : "Ok mom, I'll let you know if they're still available."
Mom : "You are terrible. I hate you."
Me : "Sure."

At this point she went back to the usual "I'm going to kill you, you're making me spend money" etc etc routine until I hung up.

Of course both Sonico and Fuuri are available. I'll call her back in the morning and put the order in for her. I've said this before but I love my mom, figure collector in denial and all.

You have the fucking coolest mom ever.

omlet

It's possible to do it yourself, if you're as skillful as I am. #YOLOSWAG

I put my entire DETOLF array together by myself, including picking them up and setting them on the raisers... They're fairly easy to handle if you set the door/shelves aside.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
A lot of FigureGAF seems to hate on the busty ladies even though they bring me so much joy ;A;

Slow battleships like Yamato and Musashi are expensive, slow, and does nothing except for being a target practice for carriers. Fast battleship like Kongou is just so much more useful.

---------------

edit: Wo-class delayed??? NOOOOOOOOOoooo

Giolon

A lot of FigureGAF seems to hate on the busty ladies even though they bring me so much joy ;A;

My MFC top tags:
01. long_hair (57)
02. weapon (48)
03. boots (46)
04. large_breasts (42)
05. thighhighs (36)
06. high_heels (34)
07. cleavage (32)
08. blue_eyes (29)
09. blond_hair (24)
10. short_hair (24)

I am a big fan of curvier figures, and busty is certainly great, but I do find there's a limit, you know?
(and Mammon managed to bust through it by miles, pun semi-intended)
I just find figures that are more visually interesting than just Hey! BOOBS! so much more appealing. Musashi lands just on the other side of the "I don't even..." line for me.

Settin

My MFC top tags:
01. long_hair (57)
02. weapon (48)
03. boots (46)
04. large_breasts (42)
05. thighhighs (36)
06. high_heels (34)
07. cleavage (32)
08. blue_eyes (29)
09. blond_hair (24)
10. short_hair (24)

I am a big fan of curvier figures, and busty is certainly great, but I do find there's a limit, you know?
I just find figures that are more visually interesting than just Hey! BOOBS! so much more appealing. Musashi lands just on the other side of the "I don't even..." line for me.

I ain't even mad. I love some preposterous titties but I don't hate anyone who dislikes them. I just like to push peoples' buttons.

Bii

I don't like my Harley's out in the air, they need to be behind glass.

Wow. Shipping for me from Ikea is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper. I plan on making some furniture purchases in a month or two (bed set, children's bed/mattress, wardrobe, dresser drawers, and a few bookcases) and shipping was only $114. I even added two Detolfs just to see if the price would go up and it doesn't. :D

My MFC top tags:
01. long_hair (57)
02. weapon (48)
03. boots (46)
04. large_breasts (42)
05. thighhighs (36)
06. high_heels (34)
07. cleavage (32)
08. blue_eyes (29)
09. blond_hair (24)
10. short_hair (24)

I like busty, but I like busty realistic

Only exception might be things like Sorceress where the whole style lends itself to the absurd.

Wow. Shipping for me from Ikea is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper. I plan on making some furniture purchases in a month or two (bed set, children's bed/mattress, wardrobe, dresser drawers, and a few bookcases) and shipping was only $114. I even added two Detolfs just to see if the price would go up and it doesn't. :D

Do you live in an Ikea? That might explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom