• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, okay. I had to flip back and forth between the pics to see the difference.

Man, GSC is having a field day with these prices. It's downright laughable at this point. I was considering getting her before I saw the actual price. Thought it might be cool to have a boat girl and a castle girl on the same shelf. But woooooaaaaaahhhhh that's out.

to be fair. the amount of shit and detail would be two figures combined. Shes way more detailed and intricate then castle girl esp with the rotating and movable boat sides.

to be fair. the amount of shit and detail would be two figures combined. Shes way more detailed and intricate then castle girl esp with the rotating and movable boat sides.

oh, I understand the amount of detail involved, but man... I just can't justify 1/8, 9", $200 lololololololol

wow this exclusive is cheap. I have this one (actually the shiny vers) and i think its great
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
FIGURE-002146.jpg

6k~

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
With my right eye closed, I preordered the Kai Heavy version. I don't know how much I'm going to pay for it...I don't.

Say, does GSC Online Shop let you cancel preorders?

yami4ct

Just got my payment request for this bad boy

Excited to finally get my hands on him. Feels like ages since I ordered him. Should be here next week. Hoping to see some good Japanese galleries go up soon.

Also, 5180 JPY only being $44 blew my mind. Loving this exchange rate just as my orders start stacking up.

omlet

FigureBlogGAF post go!

I've mentioned before here that my DETOLF display cases that I got about 8 years ago
went beyond capacity this year. Here's a picture from last month for context:

Earlier this week I got two more DETOLF units and some lights to go with them. I had the day
off today so after a quick trip to the store to grab some wire ties, I got to work around lunchtime.

First I assembled the two new DETOLF to make sure there were no problems.
Sid, one of my cats, oversaw the procedure.

After making sure there were no problems fitting everything together, I stood the
new cabinets up on its top, removed the bottom, and drilled a 3/8 inch hole in the
base, centered 1 inch from existing hole used for the metal shelf supports.

Next, I did something you're not really supposed to do, but I didn't have any good
alternative tools to work with. Using the 3/8 inch drill bit by applying angled and
light sideways pressure, I carved a canal from the new hole to the edge of the base
for the cabling to rest in (not a big deal for carpet, but will be later).

After the drilling was done, I put the base back on while it was still upside down I
ran the LED bar wires down the back and tied them off on each support bar (11 ties).

Finally I could start attaching the lights. However, before I had started all this,
I had taken the lights and experimented with holding them in various ways in my older
cabinets to see what worked, and quickly found that just sticking them on flat against
the shelf above/top left figures in the back heavily shadowed.

I thought about what I could do to mount the lights so they would point inwards slightly
and decided on cutting up tiny pieces of cardboard and taping them to the back of the LED
strips before applying the double-sided tape to mount them. Pics are a bit blurry but you
can see how it's not flat against the top of the cabinet, but at a slight angle.

After mounting all the lights, I tightened up all the slack in the wires and trimmed the
ends off the ties, and then put the door on. Success! That's the two new ones built
with the "overflow" thrown in quickly to just make sure the lighting is good.

After a break, I got started on updating my two old DETOLF cabinets. Emptied them out,
dusted them, pulled the doors and bases off, and did the same drilling and wiring with them.
Twelve hours after getting started this morning, it's all finished (for tonight)!
Probably going to do some more rearranging this weekend.

The wires are a bit of a mess on the floor but I like it.
You can probably guess what that top spot is empty for.
Hint: It's going to be empty for a few months longer than I was hoping.

Two more things on my to-do list:

1) I'm going to do is build a raiser to get all four of them off the floor about 12 to 15
inches (this will also help hide the wire mess). Got the dimensions in mind, just need to
rope my dad into helping during the Thanksgiving break since he has all the carpentry tools.

2) Paint the room a different color. The whole house was this cream color when I moved in
which I don't dislike but I'm thinking a very light grey would go well in this room
and would definitely be a better backdrop to the lit-up DETOLFs.

OK GUYS. RED OR GREY, MINI CANNONS VS BIGGER CANNON

I can't decide, I really like the mini cannons as they feel more fit for a battle/war ship but I like the red color better
vs

big difference is that the grey one has the 3 mini cannons to the side and she'll have 2 more on her back side, red one just has the one bigger cannon on each side and none on the back

chrono01

I can't decide, I really like the mini cannons as they feel more fit for a battle/war ship but I like the red color better

vs

big difference is that the grey one has the 3 mini cannons to the side and she'll have 2 more on her back side, red one just has the one bigger cannon on each side and none on the back
f you're going to go for one, I'd go with the Kai version personally.

Thrasher429

Neo Member
Unsurprisingly just received a change of release date email from Ami for Alter's Natsume. My November order is so cheap now it's fantastic. Unfortunately it was delayed into December though...

Bombless

That was...weird.

Postman rang, gave the box to my dad's girlfriend and just drove off. There's a 86€ bill taped to the box, he didn't ask for the money. He didn't ask for a signature, he just drove off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
FigureBlogGAF post go!

I've mentioned before here that my DETOLF display cases that I got about 8 years ago
went beyond capacity this year. Here's a picture from last month for context:

Awesome work, looks amazing, I'm too lazy for drilling holes and hiding cables I just wrapped the cables around the poles...

vs

I created a GSC account and ordered the RED one, grey one's too drab, and like Freeza I have the notion of putting Boat Woman with Castle girl. Now GSC have a direct line to my wallet :O

That was...weird.

Postman rang, gave the box to my dad's girlfriend and just drove off. There's a 86€ bill taped to the box, he didn't ask for the money. He didn't ask for a signature, he just drove off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You gotta do the dance when that happens:

BkwfU43.gif

I do it every time, this year alone I've had 13 total packages that I didn't have fees on, all were SAL.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Royal Mail is too smart for that. They just send out the bill and make you come and collect the parcel yourself.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Royal Mail is too smart for that. They just send out the bill and make you come and collect the parcel yourself.

Nah, it's the Royal Mail that's been giving me all my packages, LOL...

Just got the Space Dandy and Honey delayed until next month email from Amiami...

That means December went from this:

Megahouse Yuki Mori
Alphamax Maria Saotome

To this:

Megahouse Yuki Mori (actual December order, probably gonna be delayed)
Alphamax Maria Saotome (actual December order, probably gonna be delayed)
GSC Mikasa (delayed)
Figma Guyver (delayed)
Megahouse Space Dandy (delayed)
Megahouse Honey (delayed)
ThreeZero Tyrion Lannister (delayed? on time? Who knows?)
Sideshow Queen of the Dead* (delayed)

Anyone want to buy a kidney? It's only gets soaked in coffee, lemonade, pineapple juice, water and a shot of Laphroaig a night...

*lol she's never coming out sigh

Goodsmile said:
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your support of Good Smile products.

The shipment date for the following Goodsmile Online Shop pre-order
product(s) has been confirmed:

Shipment from (Fri) November 28, 2014
Nendoroid Renge Miyauchi

All orders will begin shipping from this date.

i9eX5SxpS4bob.gif

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Does it come with any GSC exclusive bonuses? :D

Oh, yeah it comes with a sexy super lewd figure, the kidney is just the cast-off part,"Kidney girl" I think it's called... :)

Then I guess you're extremely lucky. Or maybe I'm suffering from the one negative of living around the corner from the sorting office.

It started happening around the time the royal mail went up for sale, SAL arrived straight to the door, at first I thought it was just the postman being lazy, but then we moved and we have new postmen and they still just give me my stuff... I'll stop talking about it though, the postal service was probably just alerted to this post, " that mother fuckers getting his shit without customs taxes, make up a number and send him the bill"

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
To be honest, I wouldn't mind paying tax if it wasn't for the handling fee. Bloody robbery.

That's why I like ordering from amazon.com and amazon.co.jp nowadays. You can pay the tax up front and it'll get shipped to you without customs holding it and without their handling fee.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
To be honest, I wouldn't mind paying tax if it wasn't for the handling fee. Bloody robbery.
I've lived in Scotland for near 13 years now, and being American, I'll never be used to it, but I accept that I have to pay custom fees, but I'm not gonna pay if they don't make me.

I don't like that we are taxed on shipping cost, and I can't stand the bullshit ransom/handling fees. We already paid for shipping, yet have to pay them more to do their bloody job.

My wife was just talking my ear off last night about how the EU just passed a import law on digital purchases, so she might have to pay like 27% more for a crossstich pdf from an American web store.

Shits getting crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom