• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turrican3

I don't have that figma so I can't really help you there, but normally it should be able to do that. Pictures would help too.
It might just be a very tight fit then?
Can you just put the foot back on the figure in the position you wanted to rotate it to?
I'm not 100% sure I'm explaining myself correctly so I'll put some pictures before:
(click to expand, lol don't worry about the last one, it's just imgur's weird placement of the thumbnail/crop)

I think pics 1 and 2 (especially the former) might help understanding what's going on: the "side to side" pivoting capability it's there somehow, but it's far far more limited on the right foot...

...which leads to pic 3, where you can clearly see the right foot barely touching ground!

I mean, by just looking at the first two pictures one might think it's a complete disaster, while actually it's not THAT bad... but still, it feels like this is *not* how things are/were supposed to be. :-\

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do Figmas have the GSC smiley face on the joints like Nendos? Because the right hand foot in the first image doesn't seem to be sporting one.

omlet

Man, I'm trying to fill in some price data on MFC for stuff I own.

This is tough... I got my first figures 8 years ago lol... Some stuff I have can't remember where I ordered it from... some stuff I know I ordered from an online store that shut down... most stuff I can't remember the price I paid for it...

Do Figmas have the GSC smiley face on the joints like Nendos? Because the right hand foot in the first image doesn't seem to be sporting one.

Don't believe they do. Just checked my Reimu and Nodoka Figmas to be sure and they don't.

@Turrican3: Try sending those photos to the GSC website helpdesk to see if they can't send you a replacement foot. They're super good about it and if it's a more recent figma they will have replacement parts that they'll send to you for free.

Turrican3

@Turrican3: Try sending those photos to the GSC website helpdesk to see if they can't send you a replacement foot. They're super good about it and if it's a more recent figma they will have replacement parts that they'll send to you for free.
That's a VERY interesting suggestion, I hadn't thought about this!

I'll contact them immediately, and see what happens: you know, this figma is definitely recent (it's a re-run that came out this very month) so they actually might be able to solve this issue... thanks again for your replies. :)

omlet

Try sending those photos to the GSC website helpdesk to see if they can't send you a replacement foot. They're super good about it and if it's a more recent figma they will have replacement parts that they'll send to you for free.

GSC gives replacement parts for MaxFactory products? I had no idea. Good to know.

yami4ct

We finally have details on how the PG Unicorn LED Kit works.

2014112111434226d.jpg

It looks like it's a bunch of surface mount LEDs in custom enclosures to spread the light how Bandai wants. Pre-wired in sets that will then connect up to some part of the Unicorn (presumably the back) and finally hooked up to the base for power. Super cool. Assuming the inner-frame has all the wire channels molded correctly, which it will, should be fairly easy to assemble like this, too. Assuming that image is the real model, the effect is quite nice as well. Given their mounting multiple LEDs in custom enclosures for this, I can start to see where that price comes from.

That was...weird.

Postman rang, gave the box to my dad's girlfriend and just drove off. There's a 86€ bill taped to the box, he didn't ask for the money. He didn't ask for a signature, he just drove off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you're lucky. happened to me like twice with smaller bills, 15-20€. sometimes they're just confused.

That was...weird.

Postman rang, gave the box to my dad's girlfriend and just drove off. There's a 86€ bill taped to the box, he didn't ask for the money. He didn't ask for a signature, he just drove off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So in that case do you just rip it up and not worry about it?

http://i.minus.com/icmprCUFggM1D.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Glorious XD
[quote="Luigi87, post: 139840669"]Say what you will, but I'm [B]Luigi[/B]87 for a reason![/QUOTE]
Gonna be like that but going with slow approach to buying them, may even wait for later batches...who knows maybe some of the initial production kinks will be sorted...

Luigi87

So, the one question on everyone's lips : How does Marth look?

Honestly while not as perfect as the prototype, I want to say going by the hair sculpt, the image that's been floating around is a bootleg. It's definitely improved over that.

That being said his head is technically really tiny, as the figures themselves are relatively small.

B... but the number of Luigi's in that picture is 0!

Next month!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can see myself getting one or two, but definitely not all of them. That's potentially £480 just for Smash Bros Amiibo let alone other games.

Luigi87

I can see myself getting one or two, but definitely not all of them. That's potentially £480 just for Smash Bros Amiibo let alone other games.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure I'll be doing this again for series 2 & 3...
Hell I didn't intend to do it for series 1, but... it was payday, and... things happen...

Glorious XD

Gonna be like that but going with slow approach to buying them, may even wait for later batches...who knows maybe some of the initial production kinks will be sorted...

Also a good idea.
I will say that Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are being produced in smaller quantities, as they all arrived at the Target I work at in the same shipping box (2 each in a box of 6).

Also a good idea.
I will say that Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are being produced in smaller quantities, as they all arrived at the Target I work at in the same shipping box (2 each in a box of 6).
Marth and Villager was kind of the ones I was most interested but those photos of the downgrades =(

But with that in mind will try to get them first, but probs gonna get Link first cause Hyrule Warrior's spinner.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Smash Villager Render = の▵͜の

Amiibo Villager = の     ▵͜    の

Welp, bought a PS4 off Amazon for that 50 dollars gift card.

Guess time to close up shop on figure buying for the rest of the year.

Luckily the big one thing I have left is Nanami and lol on that coming out this year.

This does mean I should stop looking on Mandarake >_>

Welp, bought a PS4 off Amazon for that 50 dollars gift card.

Guess time to close up shop on figure buying for the rest of the year.

Luckily the big one thing I have left is Nanami and lol on that coming out this year.

This does mean I should stop looking on Mandarake >_>

Lol I was gonna comment on your twitter post about that. You didn't seem happy that you were buying it.

Smash Villager Render = の▵͜の

Amiibo Villager = の     ▵͜    の
Haven't kept up the Amibo downgrade-athon but came across this on my Twitter feed, dems accurate posting ;__;, he feels more off then he already was XD
I'm pretty sure I'm pre-conditioned to feel dread on spending any amounts of money.
It's a condition that's required to survive Figure GAF XD

Lmao:
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylemhilliard/status/535881785637621760

There's a deal going on?

It was a lightning deal matching Walmart's deal of 50 dollars gift card for a PS4.

I wasn't interested one bit in any of the other Black Friday bundles so might as well. ~_~

-----------------------------------------------------

Surprised no one wants Villager. I would get him :/

Would also get Male Wii Fit trainer

chrono01

Mammon has a release date! 12/17
YES! \o/

Oh, and concerning Musashi, I gave it some thought last night and I'm not considering cancelling my pre-ordered Devil Homura for Musashi. They're both at/around the same price, so it won't impact my planned purchases any. I'm not sure if I want to do it, though, since I love the way Devil Homura looks, but then Musashi looks great as well...

I'll give it a bit more thought before I commit.

omlet

It was a lightning deal matching Walmart's deal of 50 dollars gift card for a PS4.

I wasn't interested one bit in any of the other Black Friday bundles so might as well. ~_~

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. I still have too many PS3 games to finish to be in the market for a PS4. Probably next year I'll be ready for one.

RMI

Banned
I'm pretty sure I'm pre-conditioned to feel dread on spending any amounts of money.

That's a good instinct to have around these parts, but utterly futile.

Enjoy the PS4.

I gave in and ordered a Kirby Amiibo. I think I'll collect the Kirby related ones, and Rosalina, obviously.

B24DHMvCIAA-o6c.jpg:large

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/41413010.html
You guys liked your highschool Japanese president, yes? Would you say
JPY of yes for a 30cm replica?
0c18ab94-s.jpg

Blu-ray special box with figure
f87dc6b3-s.jpg

Link includes the obligatory underskirt images...
Four Versions of the 1/8th Scale Musashi!
Musashi: Heavy Armament Ver.!
o0515072713134724769.jpg

Following on from the previously announced ‘Yamato Kai: Heavy Armament Ver.’ from Max Factory comes another 1/8th scale KanColle figure to join the ‘Wonderful Hobby Selection’ series of top-notch figures – this time it’s the second Yamato-class battleship, Musashi by Good Smile Company!

Musashi’s gallant appearance yet beautiful lady-like curves have been beautifully preserved on the figure. The huge ship parts which surround her provide a powerful and imposing look – with three 46cm three-barrel turrets and four 15.5cm three-barrel turrets all separately articulated! The ship parts can also be opened out to the left and right to create all new scenes that were not even seen in the game!
Musashi: Light Armament Ver.
o0515074113134727508.jpg

Musashi Kai: Heavy Armament Ver.
o0515057313134916240.jpg

Following on from the previously announced ‘Yamato Kai: Heavy Armament Ver.’ from Max Factory comes another 1/8th scale KanColle figure to join the ‘Wonderful Hobby Selection’ series of top-notch figures – this time it’s the second Yamato-class battleship, Musashi Kai by Good Smile Company!

Musashi’s gallant appearance yet beautiful lady-like curves have been beautifully preserved on the figure. The huge ship parts which surround her provide a powerful and imposing look – with three 46cm three-barrel turrets and four 15.5cm three-barrel turrets all separately articulated! The ship parts can also be opened out to the left and right to create all new scenes that were not even seen in the game!

Additionally, the six three-barrelled machine guns on her sides and two on her back are also included to truly complete the improved ‘Kai’ version.
Musashi Kai’s Light Armament Ver. will also be an option! Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ!
o0515071213134777390.jpg
Nendoroid Elsa
\Let it go~♪ Let it go~♪/
o0515051013132259310.jpg

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

The other day I went to karaoke all by myself and the most memorable song I chose was definitely “Let it Go”! You can’t help but sing really loud which feels so great!!

Today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Elsa!♥︎
o0515042313132265443.jpg

From the hit film ‘Frozen’ comes a Nendoroid of the Arendelle Royal Family’s eldest daughter, Elsa! Her intricate dress has been carefully transformed into Nendoroid size, even including the faint yet beautiful snowflake patterns! She comes with three expressions including a cute smiling face, a sidelong glance with a smirk and a singing face that looks ready to shout out ‘Let it Go!’ at any moment!

Olaf, the enchanted snowman with a love for Summer is also included with his comical expression from the series faithfully reproduced – his neck and arms are also articulated allowing you to recreate all sorts of fun scenes for the snowman too! A special Nendoroid base based on Elsa’s ice castle is also included to display them on!
Ooooooooohhhh!!! (*´ω`*)

From the popular Disney film comes the princess with the ability to manipulate ice and snow! Her braided blond hair gives her such a lovely elegant look even in chibi Nendoroid size! ♥︎

Even the hair accessory with a snowflake, and icy looking shoes have been beautifully sculpted! ◎
o0515050913129662924.jpg

Her outfit has a nice translucent feeling to it! ♪

Not to mention all the lovely shiny parts – the long cape in particular looks so sparkly! This is how she looks from the back!
o0515047613129662411.jpg

o0515040113129662408.jpg

o0515059613132265442.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------
She’ll be up for preorder from the 26th November!! ♪

Giolon

I bought Link, Mario, and Samus amiibos. Link and Samus are my two old mains, and I bought Mario b/c it's Mario.

I'll probably also buy Bowser, Lucina, Sheik, and Mega Man.

Time to play catch-up

• I love Musashi, but fuck that price, and fuck Light Armament version. All or nothing.
  • That Elsa nendo is adorable, if a bit plain-looking. I'll probably nab her. Did you guys notice that the film version of "Let it go" had more lyrics than the Demi Lovato version?
  • So many gunpla! It's like a Gundam orgy.
  • Amiibo I'm buying: 0

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All those saying they're not going to buy an Amiibo will end up buying the Daisy Amiibo when it comes out for Mario Party. They'll not be able to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom