• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Perhaps "double" was too strong of a word. I take it back.

But yeah, if it was the standard version of Musashi, it would have been a lot easier to impulse purchase. :(

Chrono, stop agonizing over it. Give it a couple days and see how you feel then. I can't tell you how many times I've impulse-ordered shit I didn't care for a few days later.

omlet

Cool, someone just responded to my add on MFC after I posted it 3 months ago (had to bump it recently since it expired). Finally can sell this thing.

chrono01

Chrono, stop agonizing over it. Give it a couple days and see how you feel then. I can't tell you how many times I've impulse-ordered shit I didn't care for a few days later.
That's precisely why I haven't done anything yet, I'm mostly just going over it in my head.

I could also cancel that Maria Saotome/Bath Tub pre-order in December, if I wanted to keep Devil Homura. I love her face, but I'm not fully confident SkyTube will be able to replicate that in the final product. They do some great stuff, but I just feel as though a lot of the appeal will be lost when she's commercially-produced.

So yes, mostly thought right now. I won't be doing anything until Monday, at the earliest. Here's hoping, if I do cancel Maria Saotome, that AmiAmi understands...

omlet

o that one. I remember wanting it but then griffon

It's actually really well done for a Griffon. Maybe because it's a fairly simplistic sculpt but the QC is good. Take a look at some of her user photos.

Still, this was an early-in-my-collecting-life impulse buy, and I didn't know it was castoff (lol) and it's been boxed for years in favor of giving shelf space to things like more. I probably could have sold it for more but at this point I'm just glad to clean out the closet a bit and get $30 back for her.

johnsmith

remember me
Playing more Valkyria tonight.

Why Oh WHY do we not have a scaled Rosie figure?

hFjN74r.png

yami4ct

The PG Unicorn info keeps coming. Box comparisons now.

Only thing I really have to say about this is the LED box is super small. Way smaller than I expected. Cheaper shipping for me. Finally some good news! Haha.

Zerojul

The PG Unicorn info keeps coming. Box comparisons now.

Only thing I really have to say about this is the LED box is super small. Way smaller than I expected. Cheaper shipping for me. Finally some good news! Haha.

My god I need to stop looking at anything PG Unicorn-related. I fear I'm gonna cave in though I said I would strictly stick to 1/100.
The leds seem like a must for this one.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Wow, 4 pages while I was gone, guess this was part of the reason.... well I said I was getting it before and I honestly figured it would be this price so I will still probably get it. I would consider it a centerpiece figure for my collection. If it was not for the fact that because its on the shop the shipping makes it cheaper I probably would not consider it at all. Before all of you call me crazy, just know that I do not buy any bishoujos and at most have 1 figure a month average. I already keep things reasonable. I am not a fan of these rising prices though, I can only attribute some of it to a good yen to dollar rate and that a few years ago technically the figures we consider cheap now were actually quite a bit more expensive. That is obviously not the main reason but It's a good excuse. I know a lot of you who have been commenting about how your cutting back and such, spend shitton's more than me so for you it makes sense.

LOL If your crazy, I'm crazy, I bought her too, she's gonna be awesome...

I'm not cutting back, I'm going all the way!!!
Until my will dies down, and my wallet explodes!!!
Dirty poors not gonna muck up this thread!!!

I'm still debating cancelling my Devil Homura for Musashi. :/

Is Devil Homura the girl with the giant cockroach antenna wings, strung together with coke bags, and little black feathers stuck in each bag? *

*This question is asked by a member of the Musashi defense fund, go big or go home!

That's precisely why I haven't done anything yet, I'm mostly just going over it in my head.

I could also cancel that Maria Saotome/Bath Tub pre-order in December, if I wanted to keep Devil Homura. I love her face, but I'm not fully confident SkyTube will be able to replicate that in the final product. They do some great stuff, but I just feel as though a lot of the appeal will be lost when she's commercially-produced.

So yes, mostly thought right now. I won't be doing anything until Monday, at the earliest. Here's hoping, if I do cancel Maria Saotome, that AmiAmi understands...

No...No, no, nope, nah, nuh uh, NEIN, you can't cancel her, cancel the other one, I've got Saotome (without bathtub) on pre-order because you said that Skytube quality was great. Even after the last figure came out looking less then spectacular I held my nerve that it was a one off, but your waffling is now causing me distress...

Not really, but she's the only figure I got on pre-order I'm not 100% on, simply because the last figure was sub-par, I'm waffling on her too. Plus I can swing the Rockin' Jelly Bean Devil's Cheerleader if I cancel Saotome, they still have her for sale on Rockin' Jelly Beans webstore...

Bbkills army of resin heads, one of the Connery heads is mine:

Also Starfire bishoujo was £61 pounds when I added her to my amazon.co.uk wishlist, now it's down to £55...

Waiting for her to hit £50...

Yes, I pre-ordered a 20k 1/8 scale figure, but won't spend and extra £5 on a bishoujo

I'm done with the spoiler tags...

Zerojul

If anyone is into Super Robots, this bad boy (SRC Black Getter) is up for preorder :

Tamashii Web exclusive so only at BigInJapan
and NY
and quite pricey.

My decision not to order anything anymore for the month has been utterly shattered... again.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
If anyone is into Super Robots, this bad boy (SRC Black Getter) is up for preorder :

Tamashii Web exclusive so only at BigInJapan
and NY
and quite pricey.

My decision not to order anything anymore for the month has been utterly shattered... again.

14cm is kinda tiny for me, but it does look awesome, but Robots are on my "never buy" list, their worse gremlins then One Piece and Dragonball in the "I'll just get a one" department... I wanted to get the the Hot Toy Optimus Prime, but again can't go that route, just not enough room.

I have a hard time not buying stuff everyday, much less a week, I don't think I could last a whole month...

From the Amiibo thread -

This is worse than Griffon. Nintendo plz.

Metriod V sneak peak, double cannon Samus...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just sent Amiami a cancellation request for Maria Saotome, I hate doing it, but it had to be done. If your not 100% on something it's gotta go.

Also just told the truth, all these figure delays popping up so that December became a "fuck your wallet" month is getting old...

If they refuse it was nice doing business with them, if they ban me they set me free from 75% of my pre-orders...

Yaari

FIGURE-006162.jpg

Buying Honoka. I wasn't too sure about it, but now I want her.

Also just read that Devil Homura got delayed til Feb. apparently?

Yaari

she is lovely. I would have preordered her the day she was available if it was Maki.

Yeah, I'm hoping they all get a release. Although I'm not sure if anything was said about that at all. I wonder if they are all going to be given the same costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom