• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsume-Art Orochimaru. Pretty rad, even though it's only 1/10 - the dreaded shit-scale.
ST-146-noscale.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I was reading that ordering from Amazon JP also means you pay less than the asking price because you don't have to pay the included tax (please correct me if this is totally false). So with the mention of being able to pay customs up front earlier I guess I'm going to have to remember to take a look at Amazon JP for figs.

omlet

So I was reading that ordering from Amazon JP also means you pay less than the asking price because you don't have to pay the included tax (please correct me if this is totally false). So with the mention of being able to pay customs up front earlier I guess I'm going to have to remember to take a look at Amazon JP for figs.

Yeah, like that Belldandy figure goes from 11206 yen to 10376 yen when you go to check out and it see the international address. They don't have a big selection available for global shipping but they do seem to have really good sales on some things.

Caladrius

Snagged the Kirby and Samus Amiibos when I picked up my Pokemon games today. (Not allowed to open them until Christmas though)

The ones I got looked decent and didn't have any obvious defects. That said the QA is indeed all over the place. Samus's paint applications on the various figures were highly inconsistent. One Samus I'd seen had black paint spots on her armor that were almost twice as large as they were supposed to be and about half the Kirbys had their faces printed off-center (even if only slightly.)

If you want to get them even a little bit you're going to have to snatch them as soon as you can to make sure you have the best shot at getting a decent one.

yami4ct

All those saying they're not going to buy an Amiibo will end up buying the Daisy Amiibo when it comes out for Mario Party. They'll not be able to resist.

As someone who doesn't really care for Amiibo and doesn't like Daisy, I disagree. I'll be semi-intersted if they ever do something really cool with them, but for now don't really care. Semi-tempted by Marth and Samus out of the first wave, but not enough to fork over the cash. Shulk might get me.

StayDead

I was just thinking one of my mains I should get as an Amiibo is Mr Game and Watch. How could they mess him up?

EDIT: Just read above, didn't think about the column. x_x

Ryuuroden

Wow, 4 pages while I was gone, guess this was part of the reason.... well I said I was getting it before and I honestly figured it would be this price so I will still probably get it. I would consider it a centerpiece figure for my collection. If it was not for the fact that because its on the shop the shipping makes it cheaper I probably would not consider it at all. Before all of you call me crazy, just know that I do not buy any bishoujos and at most have 1 figure a month average. I already keep things reasonable. I am not a fan of these rising prices though, I can only attribute some of it to a good yen to dollar rate and that a few years ago technically the figures we consider cheap now were actually quite a bit more expensive. That is obviously not the main reason but It's a good excuse. I know a lot of you who have been commenting about how your cutting back and such, spend shitton's more than me so for you it makes sense.

Ryuuroden

Do they do more batches of PG sets (Unicorn Gundam is the one I am wondering about this time) because I got it ordered but I wanted to get the LED stuff too and that was unavailable. Now I am thinking of canceling unless I can pick up the LED set at some point in time.

yami4ct

Do they do more batches of PG sets (Unicorn Gundam is the one I am wondering about this time) because I got it ordered but I wanted to get the LED stuff too and that was unavailable. Now I am thinking of canceling unless I can pick up the LED set at some point in time.

Bandai reissues almost everything on a regular basis. Unless it's stated as some sort of first run or limited edition, they'll make more. Heck, they recently did a run of kits from the original '80s line. They haven't said they'll make more of the LED sets, but there's no reason to believe they won't.

Finally got my Danganronpa Kyoko figure in this afternoon. Unpacking stuff after a recent move so I can't take it out of the box just yet.

AmiAmi did one hell of a job packing it, that's for sure.

Now to wait to see if Nanami gets released next month or gets delayed.

Crunchyroll got back to me, they said kirigiri ships on 11/30.

Also... my friend is trying to convince me to get two heavy musashis.... I want the red one in the kai's armor. Bah.

chrono01

i want these now
Both on my ordered list.

I need them.

Don't do it, man.
I'm still thinking about it. Devil Homura looks great, but I know she'll take up a lot of space [even more than Musashi], and the story behind her is kind of depressing.

Still, it is Homura, and she'd look great alongside Ultimate Madoka. I feel as though I lose either way, I'm just trying to decide which would be the better solution.

What happened to "I am only buying bishoujo's starting next year"

I am only buying 90% bishoujos starting next year. Not cancelling Himeji no way no how.

Don't do it, man.

Musashi is way more worth the 200 imo

XD

Poor chrono-kun. My honest opinion - I would go with Musashi. She's pretty awesome. Either way, I'm going to laugh at you for spending 20k on a fucking 1/8.

chrono01

Musashi is way more worth the 200 imo
Given all of the little details with Musashi, I can see that. The fact that each individual turret is movable is amazing to see and, if the anime is as popular as I think it will be, I can see the value of these figures [especially the exclusives] skyrocketing in value.

Plus Musashi is dark-skinned, and I can always use more of those in my collection.

using the 1/8 scale for XYZ price is kinda flawed. I mean if you say 1/8 k-on figures then yeah. But when you have a 1/8 that probably is more than double the amount of pvc than the normal 1/8 + moveable parts then yeah. I mean the amount of pvc in musashi alone is probably double than triumphant saber.

chrono01

Case closed.
If only it were that easy.

I mean, there are other figures I could cancel, but Devil Homura is the obvious target considering her price is pretty much identical to what Musashi would cost me and released in the same month [unless one or both of them are delayed].

If only it were that easy.

I mean, there are other figures I could cancel, but Devil Homura is the obvious target considering her price is pretty much identical to what Musashi would cost me and released in the same month [unless one or both of them are delayed].

musashi is delayed. Look at mikasa

chrono01

musashi is delayed. Look at mikasa
Oh, I know she will be. It's virtually guaranteed, considering the amount of detail on her. I just don't like depending on it, as it's a bad habit to get into it. Plus I'd rather not order more than I should, so I'd rather not add to the list of pre-orders if I can trim one or two first to lessen the strain the new pre-order would place on me.

As for the price [spending 20k on a 1/8], I don't personally believe a figure's cost should be based on its size [unless it's ridiculously small]. 24cm is still a respectable size, and given all of the little intricacies it has, the cost doesn't really surprise me. I had always imagined the price would be at/around what it is, but I had hoped that she wouldn't be exclusive so the store discount would get a couple thousand yen knocked off. After Yamato, I should have expected that she'd be an exclusive, but I was still wishing that it wouldn't be.

Devil Homura, on the other hand, while she looks great, the cost for her is a little more difficult to swallow. Sure, she comes with a few replaceable parts, and I'm sure the coloring will be great, but considering Ultimate Madoka [a similar scale as well as pose] was nearly half her cost [I know, Ultimate Madoka wasn't exclusive, but still!], and it's even more difficult to accept. But as I said, it's Homura, and she comes with a pinching Kyuubey pose. -_-

So yeah, if I pre-order Musashi, it'll be at the expense/cancellation of Devil Homura. I'm, more-or-less, 60/40 right now, in odds of cancelling Devil Homura. We'll see how I feel in a few more days.

chrono01

Well, Musashi is not exclusive, right? It will probably be easier/cheaper to get it without a preorder.
Except she is. :(

Well, the Heavy Armament Ver. is and, honestly, it's the only version that matters. The standard version doesn't warrant nearly as much "want" from me, so if I can't get the exclusive/deluxe version, I won't get her.

omlet

Also, I'm not saying Homura isn't an expensive figure, because it really is, but Homura's price is only about 5k more yen than Ultimate Madoka, not double. The Rightstuf price includes the shipping, and shipping for Madoka was 5.5k, so you can't really hold the built-in shipping price against Homura.

Except she is. :(

Well, the Heavy Armament Ver. is and, honestly, it's the only version that matters. The standard version doesn't warrant nearly as much "want" from me, so if I can't get the exclusive/deluxe version, I won't get her.

Ah, talking about heavy version. That does complicated your situation a bit, I guess.

chrono01

Also, I'm not saying Homura isn't an expensive figure, because it really is, but Homura's price is only about 5k more yen than Ultimate Madoka, not double. The Rightstuf price includes the shipping, and shipping for Madoka was 5.5k, so you can't really hold the built-in shipping price against Homura.

Ah, talking about heavy version. That does complicated your situation a bit, I guess.
True. Perhaps "double" was too strong of a word. I take it back.

But yeah, if it was the standard version of Musashi, it would have been a lot easier to impulse purchase. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom