• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've gone from 60/40 on passing Musashi - Heavy Armored Ver. to 40/60 in favor of buying her. Now I need to think on whether I should get the Kai or Standard version.

I love the added guns on the Kai one, and Yamato is her Kai version by default so I guess it'd be nice to have Musashi in her Kai version too. I do like the grey on her, but I find the red in the standard version helps differentiate the pieces of clothing on her.

Will give it a few more days thought and see how I feel then.

[Yes, I'm taking this slow.]

I like red over grey, but I like the mini turrets. I do feel red matches well with Yamato since they would have matching colors

So I've gone from 60/40 on passing Musashi - Heavy Armored Ver. to 40/60 in favor of buying her. Now I need to think on whether I should get the Kai or Standard version.

OMG dude, you're still agonizing over this? Just accept it. You're 24k in the hole, Musashi Kai Heavy Weapons all-ahead full moe.

Danferno

But it's only 4k. Hopefully it just means it's the equivalent of an amiami B grade.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1898410.html
584.jpg

Totori! I have the Good Smile version and quite like it. Still debating if I want to preorder Ayesha and Shallie. Atelier figures tend to get discounted eventually though....

chrono01

I like red over grey, but I like the mini turrets. I do feel red matches well with Yamato since they would have matching colors
They would match, but then Musashi would stand out a bit more if she had a different color balance than Yamato.

And those mini-turrets. ;_;

Another added benefit is that very few seem to be ordering the Kai version and, since she's made-to-order, that one will likely be a lot more rare than the red one. I know, looks are more important than rarity, but thankfully I still like the way the grey color of the Kai version. It kind of makes her look more like a badass.

OMG dude, you're still agonizing over this? Just accept it. You're 24k in the hole, Musashi Kai Heavy Weapons all-ahead full moe.
Not really "agonizing", more of weighing the possibility. I was kind of hoping my want for her would have decreased over the weekend, but it didn't. Not sure it will, so you're probably right. :/

chrono01

Wow, they must not be producing many figures of the "Black Dress Ver." of Kasugano Sora. Pre-orders only started a few days ago and both HS and BIJ are sold out. AmiAmi still has some, which is where I pre-ordered mine.

I know it said "Miyazawa Models Limited Distribution Item", but I thought she'd be available for at least a month or so. I mean, this is Alter, their figures don't normally sell out in the first few days.

If you're interested, you might want to pre-order soon. Oh, there are multiple reviews of the White Dress Ver. too [since she was just released], and she turned out great. I'm sure the same will apply for the Black Dress Ver. too.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-009234&rank=

[I know nothing of the series, other than a bit of the story, and that's enough for me. I have no desire whatsoever to learn more, but when a figure is cute a figure is cute. I don't really need to know the backstory.]

Review of White Dress Ver.: [Warning, possible NSFW ads]

http://toy-navi.net/archives/41464314.html

raven777

The actual sculpt for her looks amazing, but this is another case of the standard edition appearing so lackluster after you've already seen the deluxe one. It's just not the same. :/

at least this time the deluxe doesn't seem to be Wonderful Hobby exclusive..

Yaari

Wondering if there is any way to figure out the limit for a unreg SAL shipment in terms of size. I wanted to add some Weiss Schwarz cards for fun, but I don't want to have to go with EMS because of it. (AmiAmi)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So those sideshow prints? All three sold out in less then an hour, and the flippers have put them on ebay for up to $300... I have a feeling next month's will be harder to get if this turns out to be another flippers heaven...

Amiami canceled Saotome Maria for me, though my wife woke me up this morning saying " Amiami banned your account", just to see me jump out of bed screaming "What the fuck? Really?"...

Evil woman.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You utter bastard. I have a policy of not getting figures for characters I don't know that well, so I think I can hold out until the upcoming anime. Possibly.

The one advantage of the show producers having bad taste and not picking any of my predicted favourites. Even when the show rolls round I'll probably not feel a need to buy a Cinderella Girls fig.

StayDead

The one advantage of the show producers having bad taste and not picking any of my predicted favourites. Even when the show rolls round I'll probably not feel a need to buy a Cinderella Girls fig.

Yeah but you like the plain girls of like every series. Haruka, Honoka and Akari are prime examples of that :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah but you like the plain girls of like every series. Haruka, Honoka and Akari are prime examples of that :p

I like their dark sides.

Also, it's not my fault that the iM@S shows basically lead non game players to the conclusion that Haruka is the best. Xenoglossia makes her teh best, the main show makes her the best, Puchimas makes her the best, the film plot is literally 'Haruka is the best'. On the other end of the scale you have Hibiki who disappears for half of her own episode. How is she expected to make fans when she appears for 5% of the show's running time? I'd be silly not to go with the best of the best.

Yaari

So those sideshow prints? All three sold out in less then an hour, and the flippers have put them on ebay for up to $300... I have a feeling next month's will be harder to get if this turns out to be another flippers heaven...

Amiami canceled Saotome Maria for me, though my wife woke me up this morning saying " Amiami banned your account", just to see me jump out of bed screaming "What the fuck? Really?"...

Evil woman.

Lol, that's hilarious.

omlet

Wow, they must not be producing many figures of the "Black Dress Ver." of Kasugano Sora. Pre-orders only started a few days ago and both HS and BIJ are sold out. AmiAmi still has some, which is where I pre-ordered mine.

I preordered mine the day amiami listed it because I waffled too long on first version and missed out on it. :v
what am I doing

The ED for episode 9 will feature a solo dance (non-CG) by Kate. She'll explode in popularity and by this time next year she'll have a whole catalogue of figures. Look forward to it!

Bombless

Evil woman.

I like your wife!

Wondering if there is any way to figure out the limit for a unreg SAL shipment in terms of size. I wanted to add some Weiss Schwarz cards for fun, but I don't want to have to go with EMS because of it. (AmiAmi)

What do you have in the order so far?
I can normally fit 5 items in if they're in medium-sized boxes.Stuff like Figmas, Nendos, or Gunpla.

Yaari

What do you have in the order so far?
I can normally fit 5 items in if they're in medium-sized boxes.Stuff like Figmas, Nendos, or Gunpla.

It's a single figure 1/8 (Honoka) with 2 trial decks for that Weiss Schwarz game. So if you could get 5 items in, I guess that would work.

That said, I had been thinking, one of those packages is under the customs value, cost me 8$ to ship, and that's pretty much what I'll have to pay extra when my package gets picked up. So I don't think it will make a big difference eventually.

This late in the year it seems everything gets caught by the customs :(.

Ultimadrago

Indeed one of the most peculiar archetype tastes I've seen on the Internets. At least it's different!

For someone not different, you Kincaido, you are just like everyone else!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You're all just being plain mean calling Akari plain.

That would imply she is even on the plain of existence.

Mmmh I kinda like that mech design and the nendo that's out next month is cute. Maybe I should give this anime a shot. Volks stuff is usually out of my league, though...

I enjoyed the anime in the first half, but felt it really dragged in the second half due to the plot getting unfocused. There were interesting concepts in the show that just feel like they never were fully utilized. I'd say give it a shot at least. It wasn't a terrible show, but I definitely was feeling disappointed by the time the final arc hit.

That said, I did enjoy the mecha designs in the show and some of the fights looked great, especially some of the ones on land. If I enjoyed the show more, I probably would've gotten at least one figure from it. As it stands, I doubt I will.

Unrelated side note, since I haven't reported my December order yet: all I have is the Natsume Alter (though it may get delayed again) and a few trading figures/straps in boxes that I'll be splitting with friends. Natsume's delay gave me a bit more wiggle room for Christmas shopping so even though I'm disappointed he got delayed (not surprised), I'll take it as a blessing in disguise.

Ryuuroden

I love the added guns on the Kai one, and Yamato is her Kai version by default so I guess it'd be nice to have Musashi in her Kai version too. I do like the grey on her, but I find the red in the standard version helps differentiate the pieces of clothing on her.

Will give it a few more days thought and see how I feel then.

[Yes, I'm taking this slow.]

mwahahhahhahahah, knew you would give in, just cancel some of that other crap you got ordered. Ship Women is all you need

Zerojul

I enjoyed the anime in the first half, but felt it really dragged in the second half due to the plot getting unfocused. There were interesting concepts in the show that just feel like they never were fully utilized. I'd say give it a shot at least. It wasn't a terrible show, but I definitely was feeling disappointed by the time the final arc hit.

That said, I did enjoy the mecha designs in the show and some of the fights looked great, especially some of the ones on land. If I enjoyed the show more, I probably would've gotten at least one figure from it. As it stands, I doubt I will.
Thanks for the info, I could get a mech without knowing anything about its origins, but as I said a Volks kit will probably end up in the "unnafordable" territory.
I will put the anime in my "to watch during commute" list though.

tumblr_nfl5y6P7Bz1qzdctco1_500.jpg

Bishamon why is your face so moe. :( This isn't the bitch face I wanted.
I now feel a strange, yet very persistent, urge to watch/read the source material for this character. Thank you :)

Bishamon why is your face so moe. :( This isn't the bitch face I wanted.

Figure looks great, though her expression definitely is softened a bit compared to how she usually is. Passed on Yato and will pass on her and most likely Hiyori, but I'm glad Noragami's getting figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom