• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I fucking love our current exchange rate!

LdkOVwj.png

meijiko

Who is that? I really like the design.

Bishamon from Noragami. It's a neat little series from last winter, but wasn't crazy good or crazy popular. I think it tried to appeal to too broad an audience and didn't really have good enough writing to take off. Visually it was quite nice, though.

Bishamon was the one I wanted a figure of (well, her and Kazuma but I know better than to hope for megane side characters) but this figure is disappointing. Her face isn't quite right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ijabNUYOnBr3h.jpg

First Mandarake order came in. Considering this is a prize figure it's pretty good. Though the inch high plain white base is a bit much.

omlet

Checking on my tracking numbers and looks like Maiko Madoka scale from Navito World was delivered
(left on my porch, better be there when I get home)
this morning and my Amiami order is in transit for today as well, woo!

Gonna be a long rest of the day at work...

yami4ct

Look who arrived in the mail today.

Absolutely adore this guy. My favorite Gaim figuart I own. Bandai really hit it out of the park. Really gorgeous paint job. The detailing on the back of the cape in particular is something That really stands out. The chest piece is expertly done. I can't believe they were able to get all the detail of that design onto a figure of this size. The mix of shiny silver paint and matte coloring just makes all the details pop and the possibility is one of the better of the Gaim forms because of the slimmed down armor design.

I do have some minor complaints. Biggest one is that they really went with the bare minimum on accessories. He has a standard hand set and two forms of the DJ Gun. For a guy who's whole gimmick is using all the different weapons from the series, it's really lacking. Would have at least liked a DaiDaiMaru given that's the weapon he used quite a bit and debuted with. A Banaspear and Melon Defender as well would be the ideal balance for me. Still holding out hope they'll do a full weapons kit as a Web Shop exclusive, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Second complaint is that the red, pink and orange on his compound eye are not differentiated enough. It's to the point I can't even tell if they're there. Just looks like one big spot of orange. It's minor, but it definitely hurts the rainbow eye effect a bit.

Overall, really glad I bought this guy. Also glad I got Orange Arms with the base. The 3 main Gaim forms on that base make such a nice display piece. Probably the best figuarts showcase I have. If I can get some good lighting tomorrow, I'll probably take a few more photos to really show this guy off. It's hard to show how gorgeous he is on camera.

SoldnerKei

cannot watch because hosting site is banned at my office, but with a reverse img with google by url seems to be the Griffon's Kasumi figure... your reactions make me feel good that I didn't preorder

did a little search on mfc and yup, glad I didn't preorder... damn, someday Kasumi, someday you will have a good figure :c

Ryuuroden

That's a beautiful thing. Think I calculated PG Unicorn and LED Set is going to be ~$270 shipped to me. That's crazy.

If only I could find the led set still being sold somewhere. If I don't find it by this weekend I will probably cancel it for the time being. I have another order from amiami the same month so I don't think I will be banned, plus the pg by itself is in high demand I don't think they will have trouble selling it. I really want it but with the led kit. If I got it now, I would not be able to build it till I found a led kit.

I also have like 500 dollars in already paid for figures for December.

Unicorn and kongo would basically make it a 1000 dollar month. And that's not counting all the Christmas Lego sales which is the time I make 1/3 of my Lego purchasing for the year.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
If only I could find the led set still being sold somewhere. If I don't find it by this weekend I will probably cancel it for the time being. I have another order from amiami the same month so I don't think I will be banned, plus the pg by itself is in high demand I don't think they will have trouble selling it. I really want it but with the led kit. If I got it now, I would not be able to build it till I found a led kit.

I also have like 500 dollars in already paid for figures for December.

Unicorn and kongo would basically make it a 1000 dollar month. And that's not counting all the Christmas Lego sales which is the time I make 1/3 of my Lego purchasing for the year.

Nippon-Yassan have the LED set in stock, but I think the price is higher then retail...

chrono01

So those sideshow prints? All three sold out in less then an hour, and the flippers have put them on ebay for up to $300... I have a feeling next month's will be harder to get if this turns out to be another flippers heaven...

Amiami canceled Saotome Maria for me, though my wife woke me up this morning saying " Amiami banned your account", just to see me jump out of bed screaming "What the fuck? Really?"...

Evil woman.
Haha, that's awesome.

Sad to see another cancel Saotome Maria. Am I the only one here with her still on pre-order.

[Here's hoping she comes out as well as the prototype. That face. :O]

I preordered mine the day amiami listed it because I waffled too long on first version and missed out on it. :v
what am I doing
I'm actually happy I didn't get the original version, since the black version has more contrast with her. Given that she's already pale, with light hair and then a white dress in addition, there was just too much white with the original release. The black dress version brings out her pale colors even more, without overdoing it.

If I had the original already though, I wouldn't be getting the black dress version. Thankfully I didn't, so it was an easy choice.

mwahahhahhahahah, knew you would give in, just cancel some of that other crap you got ordered. Ship Women is all you need
I'm not sure I'll cancel anything, I might just try to budget her in. I was originally thinking of cancelling Devil Homura, but after looking at more of her pictures I know I cannot. Then I thought of maybe cancelling Saotome Maria, but that face is just too perfect to say no to, and I could use the included bathtub for a few of my figures [such as Super Sonico - Bathtime Ver.].

Still not sure what version to go with for Musashi, though. I'm leaning more towards the Kai one, for the added weaponry, and the grey colors are growing on me. We'll see!

omlet

Yay, my Maiko Madoka
Madokadayo
is here and she's really cute :D

Looks like there is a tiny paint flaw on her nose (like a little dot that didn't dust off when I lightly rubbed it) but you wouldn't really be able to tell without looking really close. Otherwise it looks great, nice GSC QC, paint job on the kimono looks great and the hair seam is not too bad.

She's reserving that DETOLF shelf for the rest of the girls. Can't wait to get the whole set, Mami's out in the spring but I don't think Sayaka or Kyoko have a date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom