• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, I have never bought a used figure before, but this is ZSS we are talking about, plus I don't care about the box, if the figure it's ok it's worth the price... I guess, hopefully this is still in stock when I get home :c

edit: fukc it, I ordered... dem Nintendo figures taking my money
well...thanks for beating me to it!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Since FigureGAF is a semi-PlushGAF, I just picked up this little critter from the NISA store :)
plush_neptunedoll.jpg

WolfStark

My last orders for this year finally arrived last week. Jason is really pretty awesome, even though I still would love an alternative head with the scar. Kirigiri is wonderful even though I didn't manage to really pin her on the desk, the plug is somehow to big. I love how Asuka is really as stunning in every single detail as the promo shots. Worth every single cent. Bulma on the other hand is of course in a different leaque but for such a cheap figure she's still a lovely figure. No amazing paint job but good enough, she deserves to have a place in my collection.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
New acquisitions today: Smash Bros WiiU, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Amiibo Pikachu and Samus, free copies of Freedom Wars Vita, Singstar Ultimate Party PS4, and Little Big Planet 3 PS4.

But more importantly - Phat's Iori Minase!

Ryuuroden

Canceled PG Unicorn Gundam and then proceeded to spend twice as much on LEGO orders before 24 hours had passed.....yeah, go me >.> actually I kind of had to, they were sets that are OOP as soon as they run out of stock and the LEGO S@H site already had ran out of some of them. By the first of January, most will be found at minimum 20% over MSRP if not more so I needed to jump now. If it wasn't for Orthanc MOC and figures I no doubt would not have to worry about this as I would already have those sets lol.

StayDead

New acquisitions today: Smash Bros WiiU, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Amiibo Pikachu and Samus, free copies of Freedom Wars Vita, Singstar Ultimate Party PS4, and Little Big Planet 3 PS4.

But more importantly - Phat's Iori Minase!

That's... really nice. Iori isn't even one of my favourite idols but... *finding hard to resist*

My last orders for this year finally arrived last week. Jason is really pretty awesome, even though I still would love an alternative head with the scar. Kirigiri is wonderful even though I didn't manage to really pin her on the desk, the plug is somehow to big. I love how Asuka is really as stunning in every single detail as the promo shots. Worth every single cent. Bulma on the other hand is of course in a different leaque but for such a cheap figure she's still a lovely figure. No amazing paint job but good enough, she deserves to have a place in my collection.

Nice, I got one Jason too. Nice seeing her up close, but it must've been very cold where you took the pictures.

yami4ct

Didn't realize Figuarts Drive was going up on AmiAmi so soon and missed him. Well, shit.
Guess I'll keep an eye out for him to pop up on other shops. Not going to miss this one.

In better news, my MP Bumblebee and gundam markers I ordered from HLJ cleared customs this morning. In less great news, USPS hasn't updated their tracking all day so who knows where it's at. Oh USPS, when will your tracking ever not be shit? Oh well, should be here tomorrow if history is anything to go by.

cajunator

Banned
o0515041913139084528.jpg

I'm literally buying this for the eyeshadow.

What is wrong with me.

Im pretty sure a lot of us fell in love with the Halloween Miku partly because of her orange eyeshadow.

Good news, my Renge are unexpectedly at my local depot! Fingers crossed I can collect them tomorrow at my leisure. Ah, the joys of a lazy week off work.

Yeah I had 6 pretty relaxing days of doing nothing but eating great food, relaxing with family, squeeing at my cute empire, watching Interstellar again, and watching anime with a friend. And a tiny bit of Smash Bros.

yami4ct

Looks like Nippon-Yassan finally put up Figuarts Type Speed. Only 130 yen more than AmiAmi, so I didn't lose much. Glad I got my hands on him.

Bombless

From some angles the jacket looks like real leather. I don't feel anything towards Asuka but that's damn fine piece of work.

Edit : Where and when will John Matrix go up for preorder? And how does it work regarding payment? I want him. I want him SO bad.

RMI

Banned
So I pretty much ate my own words from yesterday and ordered that pre-owned Alter Panty on Amiami. I really hope that the figure is in good condition.

you made the right choice. I would buy B/C figs all day every day because 1) B figs are all as good as new in my experience and 2) who even cares if a box has like a crease on it or something. The amount of discount you get between an A/B and a B/C is substantial.

From some angles the jacket looks like real leather. I don't feel anything towards Asuka but that's damn fine piece of work.

Edit : Where and when will John Matrix go up for preorder? And how does it work regarding payment? I want him. I want him SO bad.
Tomorrow or for us Europeans later today ;D
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/hot-toys-arnold-schwarzenegger-john-matrix-commando-sixth-scale-collectible-figure
Payment plans:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/help/ordering/flexible-payment-plans-flex-pay/

Hey guys, I have never bought a figure before, but I'm interested in the Other M Samus Figma by Good Smile. How is this figure, is it worth the price?

I am also wondering where is the best place to buy from as a Canadian? Somewhere that charges around the MSRP with either free or fair shipping rates. Thanks!

Hey guys, I have never bought a figure before, but I'm interested in the Other M Samus Figma by Good Smile. How is this figure, is it worth the price?

Not too sure about Canadian shipping, but I own the Samus Figma and can vouch for its incredible quality.
She's a great figure, very nicely painted and the oft-reviled Figma joints blend into her suit well so they're not as glaring as on a regular human mold.
She doesn't have a ton of accessories but what she does come with is nice.
Definitely one of my favorite figures I own. Well worth the price if you want a quality Samus figure.

I am also wondering where is the best place to buy from as a Canadian? Somewhere that charges around the MSRP with either free or fair shipping rates. Thanks!

That figma has been announced to be made, it's not out yet, not even an unpainted sculpt yet, so just keep notice of this thread once in a while. Edit: Oh you talking about suited Samus, check Amazon?

As for being a Canadian and having to pay customs, and you wanna avoid that, your best order from BigInJapan where you can ask them to mark the value down or Nippon-Yasan who does it automatically. Though living in North America I think you can probably find it on Amazon when it eventually releases.

My knowledge is limited to the above though XD, so maybe a fellow Canadian here will help you.

Not too sure about Canadian shipping, but I own the Samus Figma and can vouch for its incredible quality.
She's a great figure, very nicely painted and the oft-reviled Figma joints blend into her suit well so they're not as glaring as on a regular human mold.
She doesn't have a ton of accessories but what she does come with is nice.
Definitely one of my favorite figures I own. Well worth the price if you want a quality Samus figure.

Nice to hear, thanks!

That figma has been announced to be made, it's not out yet, not even an unpainted sculpt yet, so just keep notice of this thread once in a while. Edit: Oh you talking about suited Samus, check Amazon?

As for being a Canadian and having to pay customs, and you wanna avoid that, your best order from BigInJapan where you can ask them to mark the value down or Nippon-Yasan who does it automatically. Though living in North America I think you can probably find it on Amazon when it eventually releases.

My knowledge is limited to the above though XD, so maybe a fellow Canadian here will help you.
Thanks for the sites. I'll check those out, hopefully a Canadian sees my post as well :D. What unreleased figma are you referring to? Is there any images? I did a quick Google search for Samus figmas and Other M and ZSS are the only ones I could find.

Nice to hear, thanks!

Thanks for the sites. I'll check those out, hopefully a Canadian sees my post as well :D. What unreleased figma are you referring to? Is there any images? I did a quick Google search for Samus figmas and Other M and ZSS are the only ones I could find.

ZSS no sculpt of her yet, only announced, probably be a while till we see it.

Woot! They're finally all in. The first of the GSC ones hasn't even been released yet.

Setup looks great. Though I don't know why Koto didn't opt to vary the positioning of the tree from one to the next. It looks a bit odd how the bases are all angled in one direction.

kewlmyc

boo, don't tempt me with the Eren one

He's great. Get it if you have the money. He's gone down in price since I've bought him (had him preordered). He's almost half off right now and he was just released back in August. The figure buying business is weird. You have no idea whats going to bargain bin and what's going to skyrocket after release anymore. Guess it just depends on how big the company is.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004488

Setup looks great. Though I don't know why Koto didn't opt to vary the positioning of the tree from one to the next. It looks a bit odd how the bases are all angled in one direction.

What's even weirder is how detailed Mikasa's base is to the others. Very jarring. Might put her in the middle due to this.

The Zero Suit Samus figure is great, even if it is from a crappy Metroid game. I'm live in Canada as well, and I mostly order from Amiami for new stuff and sometimes pre-owned, but most of the time I get my preowned stuff from Mandarake. Do you live in Toronto by any chance? Because if you're looking for local shops there are a few places downtown that sell figures, though the selection will never be as good as online.

Finally paid off my November orders. Renge is on her way!
Also splurged on that DB Bulma prize figure posted earlier as well as an Akari Akaza Nendoroid.
I'm a cheapo and went SAL so I won't have my Renge for a while unlike everybody posting pics now. :p

Arclaid

What's even weirder is how detailed Mikasa's base is to the others. Very jarring. Might put her in the middle due to this.

The ultra detailed base is weird considering the prototype base was similar to Levi and Eren's. Was originally planning on getting Levi and Mikasa, but that base would make them look a bit odd next to each other.

omlet

No figures I am really looking forward to this month so I just ordered a Vita and 3 games today (Demon Gaze and both Dangan Ronpa games to start with). I hope you guys are happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom