• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impotaku

Looks like Layton is not amused with Woody's antics lol, seems like someone beat me to it pairing them up, when i next rearrange my cabinet and put Woody in i'll have to think up a good pose for them as i'm not very good at displaying and posing them yet.

A while back i installed some lighting into my cabinet and got some of those acrylic display step things to try and make it look a bit better. The pics here come from 2 different times so there may be figures that move about the shelves as i took old ones out and put new ones in their place.

This was the cabinet i started out with it used to have a single tiny bulb which was useless for lighting so i took the plunge one day and bought some led lighting strips and soldered a snake type array together meaning i can't adjust the shelves anymore but the lighting that floods the cabinet makes up for it.
SAM_0666.JPG

Prof Layton & my working keitai sousakan 7 phone

Couple of Pit figma and a monoeye giving some look of disapproval.

My Ryotsu Kochikame figuarts and in the background a figure version of seven form keitai sousakan 7, not as functional as the real working phone but he lights up and talks which is pretty cool.

My only nendroid figure so far but it's the most charming version of Link i have yet seen, i love his windwaker form the most out of all the games.

Figuarts Mario finally made it into the cabinet along with my working Doraemon robot. Mario appears later as i bought a few extra playsets.

The random shelf, most of these are now in storage. Love making & painting Keroro plamo kits, those were the ones i had completed so far. The thing on the left was from club Nintendo and the taiko no tatsujin figures came from McDonalds.

Mario figuarts in his permanent home, Luigi will be joining him later this month with another playset i have to figure out how to arrange them when he arrives.

My true anime love, was after these pair for quite a while figuarts made a stunning effort with Doraemon & Nobita i was pleased to see that the re-ment series of miniatures actually matched the size so perfect that Nobita's randoseru will actually fit on him. The box also turned into a mini diorama making it a nice extra, love how detailed the extra props are they fit in with the ones from the figures perfectly.
The mini plamo kit is so detailed it can actually be built

Also love gegege no Kitaro so i had to have these.

And finally my Jibanyan plamo kit, painted in all the details as i really don't like using the stickers as they always curl up and look horrible. Have a lot of kits left to build but i'll get there eventually.

Apologies in advance for the volume of pics. Any display tips gladly recieved as i'm sure they could be arranged better.

It's fine. Just put your pics in QUOTE tags. No one wants to open a page with giant images.
EDIT: Thanks for the adding quotes tip, just done that to shrink them down.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Looks like Layton is not amused with Woody's antics lol, seems like someone beat me to it pairing them up, when i next rearrange my cabinet and put Woody in i'll have to think up a good pose for them as i'm not very good at displaying and posing them yet.

Cool stuff. Where did you get the dome cover for the Nintendo Family statue?

And I'm glad you were wearing clothes in those pics!

Impotaku

Cool stuff. Where did you get the dome cover for the Nintendo Family statue?

And I'm glad you were wearing clothes in those pics!

The figure came from my Japanese club nintendo account, in Japan it came sealed under a dome. I realise the American version you just get the figures on a base with no cover.

And yeah i dont think anyone needs to see the horror of me with less clothes on LOL

Neo Dark

The figure came from my Japanese club nintendo account, in Japan it came sealed under a dome. I realise the American version you just get the figures on a base with no cover.

And yeah i dont think anyone needs to see the horror of me with less clothes on LOL

Yeah. The one we got also has a smaller base and thus no words on it. Even when NA gets something cool... Japan will still one up it.

Impotaku

Pretty tight that nintendo didn't give America a dust cover for it especially with the amount of places dust can settle in that thing.

Impotaku

Thankyou, it's been pieced together slowly but all the figures in there are from games/anime i love.

Think i need to at least have one female in there though, i have always wanted a Miku figure or Konata from Lucky star but there are a million Miku figures and i can't decide, do i go full scale of teeny tiny chibi nendroid argh it's too much choice lol.

And finally my Jibanyan plamo kit, painted in all the details as i really don't like using the stickers as they always curl up and look horrible.

That Jibanyan was my very first plamo. Yours looks way better than mine, I have yet to paint him and many of the stickers he came with were terrible (those white paw ones! Ugh!).
Totally itching to grab the big 8 inch one soon. :p

Yaari

I wish I wasn't so stingy and paid the few extra yen to get tracking on my SAL. I have no idea when it is even going to leave the country.

Think i need to at least have one female in there though, i have always wanted a Miku figure or Konata from Lucky star but there are a million Miku figures and i can't decide, do i go full scale of teeny tiny chibi nendroid argh it's too much choice lol.

Why not all ;)

Miku 2.0 Nendo is nice. And Konata as Haruhi figma is also nice.

so what's the reasoning behind the bayo price? she's larger, but the level of detail isn't super special. are they just trying to go with a premium price for no reason? just milking fans? i don't get it.

Impotaku

That Jibanyan was my very first plamo. Yours looks way better than mine, I have yet to paint him and many of the stickers he came with were terrible (those white paw ones! Ugh!).
Totally itching to grab the big 8 inch one soon. :p

Yeah it's such a sham that box art lol, they always show a professionally painted figure in the illustrations then give you a crap-o-rama sheet of stickers. If you are ok with a brush i'd definately recommend painting they look suprisingly good when painted for such a cheap plamo kit.

I recently saw a video on youtube of that giant Jibanyan never realised it even existed till a the other day, it looks so good and because it's so big, painting it will be pretty easy. Love how they have made the eyes rotate for multiple expressions. The bonus Wisper figure is pretty cool too, trying to resist buying as i already have Togenyan on order and have yet to build Gabunyan or Robonyan that are sat on my kit montain.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Found out that when I moved house I threw out all my primer, so Connery Bond head is gonna be unpainted for a bit...

Also Queen of the Dead is not coming out this month either...

upvlcba.gif

Bombless

I wasn't really interested in that Flare Bayonetta but there was always that nagging feeling in the back of my mind. That price took care of it swiftly lol.

Also backing away from John Matrix. Here I was considering Hot Toys when I'm trying to cut down on spending for 2015.

chrono01

¥28000

June 2015.
That's even more expensive than Musashi - Heavy Armament Ver.

Insane.

Easy pass for me, I'm satisfied with Phat's Bayonetta.

NY wants my money for Mammon! It's occurring!
I already have mine paid from BIJ. I just need to wait for its release. >_<

I got loot!
Nice.

I should be receiving my Sakura Nendoroid sometime this week. Surprisingly, that's the only item from my November order that wasn't delayed, although many of them will be releasing this month. I must prepare myself.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I wasn't really interested in that Flare Bayonetta but there was always that nagging feeling in the back of my mind. That price took care of it swiftly lol.

Also backing away from John Matrix. Here I was considering Hot Toys when I'm trying to cut down on spending for 2015.

Here I was hoping you'd get your mom into Hot Toys ;)

Shame about Matrix, he doesn't come out until August 2015, and you could flex it down to $50 a month, of which they don't start charging you until April. On the other hand high end figures aren't to be entered into lightly, you'll get one and you'll soon find yourself wanting another, especially with Hot Toys.

I'm at the point where I skip Sideshow and all U.K.dealers and get them directly from Hong Kong so that I can have them when they actually come out and not months later.

547E6C59404D840027

price:
17.8k+tax

mine!

Bombless

Here I was hoping you'd get your mom into Hot Toys ;)

Shame about Matrix, he doesn't come out until August 2015, and you could flex it down to $50 a month, of which they don't start charging you until April. On the other hand high end figures aren't to be entered into lightly, you'll get one and you'll soon find yourself wanting another, especially with Hot Toys.

I'm at the point where I skip Sideshow and all U.K.dealers and get them directly from Hong Kong so that I can have them when they actually come out and not months later.

Even with flexpay it's still extra money spent. There's already two Hot Toys I want to get eventually (Ryo Saeba and Saeko Nogami), there's no need to tempt me any more haha

kewlmyc

547E6C59404D840027

price:
17.8k+tax

Considering the base, LED lights, and being 1/7 scale, that price isn't so bad. If it was GSC they would have charged much more. If it was Nu, then I would totally bite. Not a fan of Mu at all.

Funny how she's only $20 or so more than Labrys but is way more impressive.

kewlmyc

Does she just have the LED in her base, or do those gems on her hips light up, too?

Edit:
Mu up on AmiAmi for 14.7k.

No, seriously, how is Labrys MORE EXPENSIVE than this (Mu=14.7k, Labrys=15.16k)!? I honestly can't comprehend this at all. The figure that is 1/7 scale, has a light up LED base, and has a super detailed base is cheaper than Labrys. They're made by the same company too. Maybe it's the ax...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Even with flexpay it's still extra money spent. There's already two Hot Toys I want to get eventually (Ryo Saeba and Saeko Nogami), there's no need to tempt me any more haha

I've always wanted the two City Hunter figures as well, even though they are generally considered poor figures, but I'm always drowning in pre-orders, there's a UK Hot Toy dealer that still has them for £136 + shipping each. He's had them for years, one day they will be sold and I'll be sad for passing up on them so many times.

I still want the Captain Harlock too, but I was waiting to see the new movie first but it looks like, it's never releasing in the UK...

And just like that my April is now over filled...

GSC Eren
Castlegirl
She Hulk
Mu-12
HT Han Solo + Chewie 2-pack

Though there is no chance in hell anything but she hulk actually releases in April...

raven777

No, seriously, how is Labrys MORE EXPENSIVE than this (Mu=14.7k, Labrys=15.16k)!? I honestly can't comprehend this at all. The figure that is 1/7 scale, has a light up LED base, and has a super detailed base is cheaper than Labrys. They're made by the same company too. Maybe it's the ax...

that Persona premium.

Bombless

I've always wanted the two City Hunter figures as well, even though they are generally considered poor figures, but I'm always drowning in pre-orders, there's a UK Hot Toy dealer that still has them for £136 + shipping each. He's had them for years, one day they will be sold and I'll be sad for passing up on them so many times.

I still want the Captain Harlock too, but I was waiting to see the new movie first but it looks like, it's never releasing in the UK...

The story of my life. It's another reason why I really want to cut down on preorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom