• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

My KanColle Petit set has ship
girl
ped from GoodSmile :)

ipiogRcoV7MVL.jpg

I ship shipgirls.

Probably worth a try if they don't take payment till shipping, haven't used them before though. At least their T&C says: "No Sales Contract is formed until dispatch of goods"
And:
"As all orders are placed on the system as a “request to supply”, you can reserve your items safely in the knowledge that FPHS do not charge your card, or bank your cheque, until we have goods ready to ship. (The exception being Paypal which is a cash with order process.)"
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/terms-conditions

Yeah, hopefully the worst that can happen is they cancel my order and don't charge my card. Worth a punt I guess.

At that price it's worth a shot, just use a credit card and hope for the best, Collectibles Direct (a uk sideshow dealer) has the pre-order price for that Titan at £540 shipped...

Dang...didnt think it would be that much! I hope this comes through! Does seriously look like a pricing error though, so I doubt it.

Does anyone have any experience ordering from Forbidden Planet International in the UK? I've heard very bad things, and to me this seems like a pricing error they would never honour

The only time I've ever used them was for the original English print of this:

The-Sky-Art-of-Final-Fantasy1.jpeg

Amazon UK were cancelling preorders (mine included) due to overwhelming demand/low allocation from Dark Horse. I took a complete punt and ordered it by phone from FPI who claimed they still had it, and for the then lowly sum of £70. Bearing in mind that at this point, copies were already exchanging hands for several hundred pounds, so I didn't have much faith that my order (taken by a somewhat distracted person who I was convinced barely acknowledged my credit card details) would even be filled... but I was wrong - it arrived the very next day, weighed an absolute ton and I didn't even have to pay postage! I still pinch myself every time I see the set in my bookshelf :D

So in conclusion: don't rule 'em out for coming good on daft pricing/stock claims... they did for me :)

omlet

Payment request for Gilgamesh nendo, Yukiko nendo, and Laura meido scale. Gotta love this exchange rate for importing.

That said...

unplanned nendos
maid outfit figure
infinite stratos merchandise
first shipgirl preordered

I lost on so many levels last week it isn't even funny.

Einbroch

Banned
So, have you officially cracked or are you still in that "Oh, it's just one, I'll stop, no big deal" phase?

Because the latter is always fun to watch.

omlet

So, have you officially cracked or are you still in that "Oh, it's just one, I'll stop, no big deal" phase?

Because the latter is always fun to watch.

I'm not sure what officially cracked entails... i-it's not like I'm switching from scales or anything like you did
baka
, but it's definitely more than just one. I'm not in the deep end of buying a nendo just for one part yet, so there's that, at least.

Anyway, one nendo on the shelf and 5 more pre/ordered. It's easy to pass on most nendos for me
because most are miku lol
but some are just really that cute or don't have a good scale that I want (or don't have one at all at all), like in the case of the Rozen Maiden dolls. Darn that Suigintou gateway nendo.

The only time I've ever used them was for the original English print of this:

Amazon UK were cancelling preorders (mine included) due to overwhelming demand/low allocation from Dark Horse. I took a complete punt and ordered it by phone from FPI who claimed they still had it, and for the then lowly sum of £70. Bearing in mind that at this point, copies were already exchanging hands for several hundred pounds, so I didn't have much faith that my order (taken by a somewhat distracted person who I was convinced barely acknowledged my credit card details) would even be filled... but I was wrong - it arrived the very next day, weighed an absolute ton and I didn't even have to pay postage! I still pinch myself every time I see the set in my bookshelf :D

So in conclusion: don't rule 'em out for coming good on daft pricing/stock claims... they did for me :)
Huh...this is pretty much the opposite of everything I've read about them, but I guess you're always going to hear more from those with an axe to grind. Thanks for the input.

And cool purchase BTW...I love it when you pick up a bargain like that, especially something rare!

omlet

I couldn't resist that cute cyan gradient hair and >_< face.

When I tried to order her last week, I literally pulled up my watch list, big orange button was there, I got distracted by something (cats probably) for like 5-10 minutes, clicked add to cart "sorry, preorders closed." I was like... D: Refreshed item page and sure enough it was closed. But then they reopened so maybe I got in on the wait list early enough to snag one.

GSC release date for this month and Phat delays:
The following release dates have been confirmed:

Shipping out from GSC on the 15th December 2014:
WING - Ashikaga Chachamaru
WING - Ashikaga Chachamaru DX Ver.
WING - Hana Midorikawa

Shipping out from GSC on the 17th December 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Himiko
Phat! Company - Mika Jougasaki: Charisma Girl Ver.
FREEing - Cecilia Alcott: Bunny Ver.

Shipping out from GSC on the 18th December 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Sinon
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Hana Mutou

Arrival at wholesale stores on the 24th December 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Menma (Rerelease)
Max Factory - figmaPLUS: Classroom Set
Max Factory - figmaPLUS: School Route Set

Shipping out from GSC on the 25th December 2014:
Max Factory - figma Chariot: TV ANIMATION ver.

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Delayed from December 2014 to January 2015:
Phat! Company - Medicchu KanColle: Aircraft Carrier Wo-Class
Phat! Company - Minicchu IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 03
Phat! Company - Sawa Okita
Phat! Company - Satsuki Kiryuin: Kamui Junketsu ver.
Phat! Company - Chiaki Nanami
Phat! Company - Yayoi Takatsuki
Fate fans! Always wanted a Life sized stand of your favorite characters? For
JPY you can get this Battle version of Archer:
w-shosai_b.jpg

Or for the lesser price of
JPY for a non-posed one:
w-acher_shosai-440x440.jpg

Not surprised by the delays here except for the Wo-Class....that is the second delay >.>

Delayed from December 2014 to January 2015:
Phat! Company - Medicchu KanColle: Aircraft Carrier Wo-Class
Phat! Company - Satsuki Kiryuin: Kamui Junketsu ver.

Fuck January is starting to get nasty. Ugh

Although I imagine Satsuki will get a second delay.

Why is twintails Olivia pictured? She's been out for several months.
Translation via Google:
Goods which became a hot topic in volume and delicate beautiful modeling of great power "Dark Angel Olivier" is evolving,
Appeared as a limited edition "Dark Angel Olivier ++"!

Tails to draw casually loose line performs the new shape,
Normal version Similarly, use wings and hair, a clear molded parts in modeling various places, such as decoration,
Clear paint and to reproduce the atmosphere of the original illustrations in the transmission and shading of light by the proper use of the normal paint.

Such as thin pink hair and crimson costume, such as reminiscent of the glamorous flower coloring exudes a normal version or different mysterious charm and.

omlet

Translation via Google:

Hm, the "++" one is what was released in September (I remember seeing it on my box).

Taking a closer (non-google-translate lol) look at the article, it sounds like she's getting re-release as a non-exclusive-edition or something? Or by "normal edition" I wonder if they're talking about the original white one. Well, whatever, I'm very happy with mind and there really doesn't seem to be much room for improvement on that figure.

I haven't even starting considering what I'm going to buy from there. I'm going to wait until they reveal everything and see what's still left over before deciding.

I already put in one order (just large enough for free shipping).
Amagami SS part 2 DVD (originally ordered both parts a year ago to troll someone with, but part 2 went out of stock before my order could be fulfilled... now that it's bargain binning again I snagged it lol)

Leviathan BD (this show was so charmingly cheesy that I picked it up with that crazy price cut)

Lain BD (I used to have this on DVD, lost it, didn't get around to re-buying it until now).

REDLINE BD (I already have a copy but it was either get this for $8 and get free shipping or pay $6 shipping, so I just grabbed this to be a borrow/gift copy)

I also noticed that they have the Madoka Magica Rebellion movie BD on sale. It's still $ANIPLEX$ but cheaper than anywhere else.

My sister wants at least one thing that went on sale today so I will probably be putting in another order this week...

Sweet Ivy

I feel that as long as you get tracking, you can go with whatever shipping options you'd like.

For navito world I would say that if you can get to the store it'll be a better deal for you (or worse since you'll be bombarded with figures you never even considered). Most of navito's stuff is fairly well priced (after conversion and shipping and/or customs). They also have a fairly current selection, but they order figures in batches. So a figure that should be out in April might not get to the store until July because they also combined the order with other figures that came out in May and June as well.

Since you're new to figure collecting it'll be harder for you to guesstimate prices. Conventions/stores are great for practicing because you see tons of imported stuff and you have to try and guess if the sticker price is fair or not. They're also good practice in spotting bootlegs vs legit figures (fan expo was the best this year).

A good way to start with physical stores is to pick a few (2-4) figures you're really looking for, do the research on approximate price after conversion and shipping (and if customs apply) and then head to the stores and see how close the prices are.
You'll have to remember that the store needs to make money on the figure too, so I wouldn't say that you should aim to buy on the first trip.

Edit: I forgot to mention that navito world is good smile company's official distributor for Canada. So they'll have snow miku for sale

Yeah stores will always have higher prices and fewer selection, The Silver Snail has some good stuff though, and I think there's an anime shop somewhere in Chinatown (can't recall the name).
When it comes to shipping with Amiami I find that it's best to either use EMS or SAL Registered. EMS is the most expensive option, but it's fast as fuck and has tracking; while SAL Registered is cheaper and still has tracking, but it takes longer to be delivered. Usually there's no duty or fees when I order from Amiami, not sure why, but maybe it's because of their markdowns.

As for conventions, I would say your best bets are either Anime North or Fan Expo. I don't go to Fan Expo too often but I go to Anime North every year, and I found that the prices really depend on the vendor. Some will overprice their figures and other merch to compensate for the shipping on their end, but once in a while you'll be able to find some stuff at great prices. For example, I got this great Yoko Prize figure, unopened, for 50 bucks at one booth, but she was over $100 dollars at every other booth. Also, depending on who you're dealing with, you may be able to haggle some vendors down, but I think this works best on the last day of the con when everyone is trying to sell as much of their stock as they can,

Thanks lots for the tips, I'll go take a look at Navito to see what they have.
I'm not a figure "hunter", so I may just find something I like from older collections and maybe for a decent price, you never know!

I'm curious to attend Anime North next year.
I think the other big one is AnimeExtreme, but the prices on the site seemed a bit high, maybe it's just because I'm not well informed though.

I understand that for what one really wants, the safe bet is pre-ordering.

Zerojul

Got those today :

I had pre-ordered Megatron on a whim, but somehow it looks a lot better (and bigger) than I expected. I like it. My favorite thing about it is the tiny Sonic cartridge, very nice touch :)

Oh, she's cute. Let's check out her MFC page.
ITJARVC.jpg

Puffy, I liked it. And the skin tone is nice, I love tanned girls.

About the second thing, I just saw Hana Mutou for the first time (because of that post Samurai made) and instantly liked her, she is beautiful.

Damn its like the figure companies are stalking my google searches more than google! Making gal figures.... knowing I try to stay away from these types of figures and chastise people who buy them
I'm buying this, tan girls + life/hometown = i will buy for anything

StayDead

Damn its like the figure companies are stalking my google searches more than google! Making gal figures.... knowing I try to stay away from these types of figures and chastise people who buy them
I'm buying this, tan girls + life/hometown = i will buy for anything

That is a very nice figure, but I shall resist it.

Got those today :

I had pre-ordered Megatron on a whim, but somehow it looks a lot better (and bigger) than I expected. I like it. My favorite thing about it is the tiny Sonic cartridge, very nice touch :)

Duuuuuuuudeee!!! are you meee??!!!! My Cobra from amiami is out for delivery too!!!!
my Figma Lady Armaroid is coming tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom