• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
=O There was a Persona 3&4 MC strap based on Orobas pose XD
GOODS-00000679.jpg
GOODS-00000678.jpg

tumblr_l639z8SBLQ1qceo52o1_1280.jpg
The Square-Enix tax~

Follows their similar pricing for those two sets of Final Fantasy rubber straps.

I wanted the first one but thought that was too pricey :/
Damn Square hates their fans X'D

Would wanted P3 MC one if it probably doesn't cost like 8 times it was originally.

Based on art in Tartarus Theater by Yasohachi Ryo.
Exclusive to Home Shopping Network Tanaka Shinjuku Marui Annex Branch from November 21, 2013, to December 15, 2013, and Atlus D shop online after Feburary 27, 2014.

yeah...

Oh god my package has been in customs for two days they're going to confiscate my
three cute Nendoroids

Pfft, that's nothing. My friend here had her Muramasa figure locked up by customs since two months ago. Yep, two months and they didn't gave her it yet. The item is not stolen or lost, they just made a wrong charge (they overcharged her hard) and she asked for a dispute. Since then the figure is locked there, and they didn't answer her yet.

More images on the links:
Preview: Good Smile Company New Product Showcase December - Scale Figures
Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Musashi 1/8 Complete Figure [MAX Factory]

Sengoku Bushouki MURAMASA - Himejijou 1/350 (1/7) Complete Figure [MAX Factory]

BlazBlue - Kokonoe 1/8 Complete Figure [FREEing]

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's - Fate Testarossa Swimsuit Parka style 1/8 Complete Figure [Aquamarine]

WBR REMUS [ThreeA]

tumblr_ng8tz0vloG1qzdctco1_1280.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/kaitendo/archives/41534357.html

omlet

Ships Girls and Castle Girls can get along, y'know.

A Ship Girl can float in the Castle Girls' moat, and a Castle Girl can allow Ship Girls to dock whilst they partake in recreational activities.

No enemies here.

B4KlOL-CIAI3wS4.jpg

Recreational activities.

yami4ct

Welp, just bought SD Winning Gundam to add to my HLJ order because that kit is the coolest damn SD kit I've seen. So awesome. Worth the 800 yen easily.

The problem is, I then proceeded to order both the burning and lighting and it's back weapon system to ship with my RG Wing Zero in January

Settin

finally got to use my A5000 sony camera. My first real camera and I have no idea what to do via settings.

I also need to work on lighting

retook some pics of old figures to see how the camera looks.
Looks good to me, but I'm a dumb half-blind mofo that knows nothing about cameras.

In other news, Sugie shipped! Can't wait to try her leaf pasties on my other girls.

I like it

This... not so much... Go watch it before I send an angry mob after you!

I'm a bit surprised since I only wandered in here a few days ago but it seems a bit warm and fun.

What's a planned Dark Magician Girl?

Anyways pre-ordered Lucina from AmiAmi X.x

Is SAL Small Packet (Registered) good enough if I'm just buying a single nendoroid or figma?
Man this topic moves quickly. There was an unpainted Dark Magician girl, and she is one of my weaknesses. My guess is its not done yet?

finally got to use my A5000 sony camera. My first real camera and I have no idea what to do via settings.

I also need to work on lighting

retook some pics of old figures to see how the camera looks.
I have that exact camera! Let me know if you need any help with it, I've been forcing myself to go full manual with it, to really learn it.

I have that exact camera! Let me know if you need any help with it, I've been forcing myself to go full manual with it, to really learn it.

need help? give me alll the tips!
please

I got it as a doorbuster at bestbuy on black friday. Wasn't even going for it lol... I just wanted the ps4 and stuff

please

I got it as a doorbuster at bestbuy on black friday. Wasn't even going for it lol... I just wanted the ps4 and stuff
What do you want help with? My first tip, which is the one that I really needed myself, is to actually use the flash! I'll post some pics later, but I can show you some comparison pics of using different flash methods. With the a5000 specifically, it gets a little tricky because it doesn't have a hotshoe, but in the mean time, do be aware that flash is your friend!
...Just not in its default usage. More info later, not at home right now!

I have wanted that figure for a long time. Whats the best way to get it?

She used to pop up on AmiAmi pre-owned all the damn time. Might still be there. Otherwise try Mandarake. Too bad she doesn't come with that rad backdrop.

Also, there's a labcoat version of this one as well.

please

Alright, so now I'm gonna give you a rundown on flash, with particular focus on your camera. The a5000 is an excellent choice to start off with, but flash in particular is one of its sore weak points (sorry lol), but this can be *mostly* overcome with some McGuyvering.

First, I'll tell you a bit about each flash method that I think will in particular be relevant to you, with an example photo. Aside from the flash, all other conditions are identical. I did not adjust room lighting, camera position, camera settings (All settings are locked and do not change automatically) or anything OTHER than the flash method used. Also, only the stock flash of the a5000 is used. This should be obvious, as it only can have this stock flash. (This is why I consider the flash a weak point)

This is our baseline. There is no flash, only a light on in the corner of my room. This light is on for the entire duration of these photos. You probably can't even tell what the photo is very easily.

This is using the stock flash, no particular method. Just popping the flash up and letting it go. Notice how you can see the subject, but it's totally blown out -- washed out by the blinding light flooding all over it. Not very good. I'm sure there are instances where just doing this is preferable, but I personally don't really run into them. Maybe in a studio where there's enough lighting already that it won't cause it to wash out, but whatevs.

Bounce flash. Here's where things start getting better. I can see my subject, it's not washed out, but there's a lot of shadows on it. Depending on what you want the photo to do, this actually looks really good. Now, when you're in more of a lit scenario, and the flash is mainly to supplement it, you'll get a much better picture, but like I said I'm keeping all else the same. I'll explain more about "bouncing" your flash in a minute.

Ah, here we go. Flash Diffusion. This is what we're looking for. Now the picture itself isn't super great (I mean the room is damn near pitch dark), but it shows that flash diffusion is preferable when in a dark setting and need to use flash just to see the damn thing on film. Unfortunately, in order to do this with the a5000, you'll need to McGuyver the shit.

-----------
Now you've seen what bounce flash does for your picture, but what is it? Essentially, when bouncing your flash, you're trying to point the flash up at the ceiling, rather than your subject. If you have a white ceiling, the light will then reflect down on your subject, giving them a nice, soft light to illuminate the picture, without it being so harsh as to wash it out. As for how to do this, I usually just use my finger to hold the flash backwards, like so:
You can angle it a bit more, or a bit less, to change what kind of lighting you get, but the more "directly" you point at your subject, the closer you'll get to that washed out look. Usually if bouncing, I point the light between 70 degrees and 90 degrees upward. Any further than 90 and you won't do anything, except lighting up behind you.

----------
As for diffusion, this is where it gets tricky. Essentially, the idea is you want to put something between the flash and your subject, to diffuse the light through it (Thus softening it up and spreading it out) without coloring the light or blocking too much of it. Of course, with the a5000, there's no flash mount on it, nor any way to adequately mount a standard diffuser, so that's where things get kinda "duct tapey". First you'll want to pick your diffusing material, see how it affects the light, and when you've picked one, you need to find a way to hold it onto the camera in front of the flash.
Here's what I did:
Yup, that's Legos and sketchbook paper, four sheets of it. I used Legos because they could adequately pinch around the flash arm, while being fairly quickly removable, and I used sketchbook paper because I can add or remove sheets to change how much light gets through. Also very easy to replace when it gets messed up.

And that's flash, which is stuff I wish I had known before, rather than just writing flash off as some useless picture bleach. Hope this helps!

Neo Dark

Man this topic moves quickly. There was an unpainted Dark Magician girl, and she is one of my weaknesses. My guess is its not done yet?
Ahh I think someone posted it last page

o yeah i have to share this, its not mine but my god

DeBroglie1417655909.jpeg
Looks really nice. Jealous of you folks that have nice figures lol

So how does a shipment end up getting locked up at customs?

Edit: Forgot I changed my avatar. Looked at it and was like "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AVATAR? Oh right I added Elsa." Finals week is killing my brain

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure this has been posted already (but I missed it due to this topic moving so fast :p) but wow I need this!! Missed the first version, and this is Nendo 500 too :) Translucency gets to me.

EDIT: Guess I gotta preorder now! Awww a Figma too I missed out on of her? Boooo

Neo Dark

I'm sure this has been posted already (but I missed it due to this topic moving so fast :p) but wow I need this!! Missed the first version, and this is Nendo 500 too :) Translucency gets to me.

EDIT: Guess I gotta preorder now! Awww a Figma too I missed out on of her? Boooo

Yeah, it was posted 2 days ago when it first came out... then quickly sold out in 2 hours. Now it's back in stock so if you want her... get her now!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it was posted 2 days ago when it first came out... then quickly sold out in 2 hours. Now it's back in stock so if you want her... get her now!

Done and done! Too bad about the Figma though. I'll keep my eye out if that one gets added back.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh. Yeah, I see it shares the design of last year's model with the cherries in her hair

Yeah I noticed that later too. It's a really pretty Figma too! Once again, I wish I got into Figmas and stuff earlier. Don't own any now, but have been compiling a wishlist. My Nendo collection has been growing however, adding in my new Suigintou yesterday :)

EDIT:
Thats not a figma

Your'e right, and that's my queue to get some sleep.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Does anyone have any experience ordering from Forbidden Planet International in the UK? I've heard very bad things, and to me this seems like a pricing error they would never honour: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/colossus-titan-takayuki-takeya-ver.#.VIT02O1FB77

Now bare in mind that statue is limited to 500 worldwide and probably worth twice that after UK tax and import and has been added. Is it worth a punt anyway?

At that price it's worth a shot, just use a credit card and hope for the best, Collectibles Direct (a uk sideshow dealer) has the pre-order price for that Titan at £540 shipped...

Hope dakkumauji already knew of these and managed to order them XD

Bladerunner replica gun ordered, only kinda prop replica I'd ever go for, and when they are out of print they go for insane prices. Also added Torotoro Otome - Reina Tanned ver. 1/6 Complete Figure to my May pre-orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom