• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised at how quickly DHL delivers stuff. Had a package picked up from Japan on Saturday and they already tried to deliver it today.

Sure, no one was home (cause who expects to get an international package in two days) and I imagine trying to actually get it now will probably be completely terrible...

LiK

I'm a little surprised at how quickly DHL delivers stuff. Had a package picked up from Japan on Saturday and they already tried to deliver it today.

Sure, no one was home (cause who expects to get an international package in two days) and I imagine trying to actually get it now will probably be completely terrible...

DHL is a mixed bag for me. Their tracking kinda sucks and condition of package is suspect.

Giolon

Alright, so now I'm gonna give you a rundown on flash, with particular focus on your camera. The a5000 is an excellent choice to start off with, but flash in particular is one of its sore weak points (sorry lol), but this can be *mostly* overcome with some McGuyvering.
<snip>

And that's flash, which is stuff I wish I had known before, rather than just writing flash off as some useless picture bleach. Hope this helps!

This is a fantastic post for anyone wanting to take photos of their figures. It's a shame it got passed over in the froth.

And now, prize figure Satsuki showed up today! Quick arrangement w/ Ryuuko:
KLKPrizeFigures.jpg

These things are really nice for ~$20. Hair seams are the worst part, but I don't expect perfection from such a low price.

Yeah, DHL >>> EMS.
The prices aren't even unreasonable.

Yeah, the price to ship this with DHL was like 2ksomething.

EMS was 5k, lol

DHL is a mixed bag for me. Their tracking kinda sucks and condition of package is suspect.

I'll admit, I rather like using SAL/EMS since they'll hold it at the local post office instead of in some warehouse halfway across town.

Meyneth

Thanks lots for the tips, I'll go take a look at Navito to see what they have.
I'm not a figure "hunter", so I may just find something I like from older collections and maybe for a decent price, you never know!

I'm curious to attend Anime North next year.
I think the other big one is AnimeExtreme, but the prices on the site seemed a bit high, maybe it's just because I'm not well informed though.

I understand that for what one really wants, the safe bet is pre-ordering.
The only figure hunting I do is for older figures I missed before getting into the game. I'm pretty much caught up now though, unless I see a nendo that's super cute. xP

A lot of the big stores from downtown Toronto have booths in the dealers room for anime north. So it might be a good place to check out whose selection interests you.
Have you been to any conventions in the Toronto area?

Hi FigureGAF, I stealth enabled a friend of mine today with an Aoko Aozaki nendo, and he sent me a gallery of what he's been doing with it.

(click for the full gallery)

Also I may or may not have been involved in omlet's purchase explosion last week.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GAF is now experiencing what it is like when a figurine you want goes out of stock thanks to Amiibos. Nice of Nintendo to introduce a wider audience to the pains of figurine collecting. They'll soon learn that figurines are something you buy on release, but rather months in advance.

Einbroch

Banned
GAF is now experiencing what it is like when a figurine you want goes out of stock thanks to Amiibos. Nice of Nintendo to introduce a wider audience to the pains of figurine collecting. They'll soon learn that figurines are something you buy on release, but rather months in advance.

This. I'm just shaking my head in that thread. They're literally like every other figure. You pre-order it, you'll get it. You wait, you're gambling.

I actually facepalmed into my desk reading that thread.

kewlmyc

Funny how for scales, that's becoming less and less of the truth.

I guess it was too much for me to hope that Satsuki wouldn't be delayed ;_;

Thanks lots for the tips, I'll go take a look at Navito to see what they have.
I'm not a figure "hunter", so I may just find something I like from older collections and maybe for a decent price, you never know!

I'm curious to attend Anime North next year.
I think the other big one is AnimeExtreme, but the prices on the site seemed a bit high, maybe it's just because I'm not well informed though.

I understand that for what one really wants, the safe bet is pre-ordering.

AnimeExtreme, that's the one I was thinking of. Anime North is amazing by the way, tickets go on sale January 2nd and they have an attenedance cap, so get yours as soon as you can.

These things are really nice for ~$20. Hair seams are the worst part, but I don't expect perfection from such a low price.

Hold up, Satsuki is already out?! Brb, browsing through Mandarake.

Of course if Amiibos didn't have such terrible quality control, I'm sure preordering them wouldn't be such a risky action.

Holy shitballs. I didn't think they would have it, but I just found that Satsuki prize figure on Mandarake. Words can't describe how fast I clicked that order button.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This is a fantastic post for anyone wanting to take photos of their figures. It's a shame it got passed over in the froth.

They really are nice! Reminds me of my Banpresto Code Geass C.C. prize figure. I didn't know it was a prize item when I bought it, and some assembly required, but quite nice for around $20!

Anony

where did u get them for 20?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So they are no bueno? Their Rias Gremory Pole Dance didn't come out bad.

I kinda want to order this:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...keywords=sonico$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=2

How is WING?

WING did the Rockin' Jellybean Devil's Cheerleader, so I say WING is awesome enough I'd easily buy anything they made that caught my eye with no worries..

Ok, after this post I'll be done spamming you guys with Bond, got my matt varnish, and to me it makes all the difference:

Without flash, just detolf lighting:
PcvOvq6.jpg

HWqsJHG.jpg

lNXUGrh.jpg

zN6pTUe.jpg

With flash:
bnwpbMs.jpg

yami4ct

I wouldn't recommend that if you're in the US.

I've imported gun-like figures into the US before. You'll probably be fine. There is a little risk of customs taking it, but I've never had nor heard of that happening.

Of course, taking that out in public and wielding it is a bad idea, but I think we all know that.

Nendoroid Kokomi Shiina & Chloe Lemaire
Nendoroid Kokomi Shiina!&#9829;&#65038;
o0515048813151986535.jpg

From the popular social game ‘Girl Friend Beta’ comes a Nendoroid of the beautiful member of the rhythmic gymnastics club, Kokomi Shiina! She comes with three expressions including a gentle smiling face, an embarrassed face as well as her well-known “Search, search!” whispering face.

Optional parts include her school bag, gymnastics equipment as well as a search panel allowing you to recreate poses from various illustrations from the game in Nendoroid size! A special voice unit with all new voice clips is also included with the Nendoroid! Enjoy your very own little girlfriend by your side!
Nendoroid Chloe Lemaire!
o0515041013151987654.jpg

From the popular social game ‘Girl Friend Beta’ comes a Nendoroid of the French exchange student who loves everything about Japanese culture, Chloe Lemaire! She comes with three expressions including a lovely smile, a playful winking expression and a face with sparkling eyes showing great interest.

Optional parts include a notebook, pen, beret and a search panel allowing you to recreate poses from various illustrations from the game in Nendoroid size! A special voice unit with all new voice clips is also included with the Nendoroid! Enjoy your very own little girlfriend by your side!
=====================================
Finally a quick notice! &#9834;

The ‘Saki Achiga-hen episode of side – A Blu-ray Limited First Edition Special BOX‘ goes on sale from the 18th March 2015, and included in the box is…

Nendoroid Teru Miyanaga!
o0515057413152008127.jpg

The strongest of the mahjong monsters is joining the Nendoroids!

From ‘Saki Achiga-hen’ comes a Nendoroid of the main character’s older sister, Teru Miyanaga! The champion of the Kiyosumi High School and two other High School mahjong tournaments is joining the Nendoroids as the first ever one-pose Nendoroid!

She is posed in the memorable seated scene from the series, capturing everything about the scene in detail that a single pose figure allows for. You can also pose her together with the previously released Nendoroid Saki Miyanaga to create a mahjong game between the siblings!

This product is included with the ‘Saki Achiga-hen episode of side – A Blu-ray Limited First Edition Special BOX.
Please see this page for more information: http://saki-anime.com/achiga/goods/achigabox.php

*Mahjong table is not included.

Details: http://saki-anime.com/achiga/goods/achigabox.php
============================
B4YBKM8CcAArZb1.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/41717508.html
Edit: Finally found the nendo version of "Do it for her" by Christopher Mackenzie, (Same member who made the full scale version =D) yes I skimmed through 195(100ppp)pages to find it XD
Hope we can get some good uses out of it XD
9iatiSc.png

Adding this to the post as it seems applicable for later occasions =P:
tumblr_mpu5lzCFWO1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

kewlmyc

So here are the 3 figures I'm selling! I'll have them here for a week or so before I start posting them elsewhere. I'll give you guys a discount as well. :D

1/7 Astraea Swimsuit Ver. 2.0 (Alphamax/Skytube) - Sora no Otoshimono
$50 $40 for FigureGAF

1/6 Erio Touwa (PLUM) - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko/Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl
$70 $60 for FigureGAF

1/7 Mikan Yuuki (Alter) - To LOVEru Darkness
$80 $70 for FigureGAF

Free Shipping for anyone in the US or Canada! For US I'll go UPS, for Canada, I'll go USPS. If you are international, you'll have to pay for shipping sadly, but PM and we can work something out.

PM ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. I'll be selling here for one week, unless you PM me about waiting for you next check or something, then we can work something out. Payments will be made through Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom