• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I was gonna preorder Chloe anyway >_<

Just thought I'd drop by and say that I've just put my order in for a CardCaptor Sakura Nendoroid from amiami! I've been meaning to get it for a while but it was out of stock everywhere I went. Luckily I managed to catch it in stock today!

My wallet would be completely dry if they decided to do Keroro and Doremi nendos. I wonder if that day will ever come.

Im looking at Sakura right now. Its worth your while no matter where you have to buy her from.
Be careful of the bootleg.

SerTapTap

How do you all keep up on release dates and new figures and such? I just found the Isabelle nendoroid I wanted apparently jumped in price and I didn't even know it was out

I was gonna preorder Chloe anyway >_<

Im looking at Sakura right now. Its worth your while no matter where you have to buy her from.
Be careful of the bootleg.

I got it from amiami as they only just got stock back in for it. I assume everything will be fine if I order it from them!

Edit: Took a look at the bootleg, I really hope I don't end up with that one. I have high hopes though!

Settin

Not here though, my credit card company converts them all into dollars then into my local currency, and the dollar is high as fuck right now, so I'm spending a lot of money.

Convert to USD, convert to JPY, convert to Space Bucks.
Infinite money.

That's uhh......That's not a good thing.

tumblr_m9j7j95Oq01qzeg2so2_250.gif

Convert to USD, convert to JPY, convert to Space Bucks.
Infinite money.

I wish.

LiK

it's pretty awesome how good the USD now compared to yen. i'm continually surprised at how low the price is when i import. feels like we're saving money, lol

RMI

Banned
How do you all keep up on release dates and new figures and such? I just found the Isabelle nendoroid I wanted apparently jumped in price and I didn't even know it was out

I just come to this thread every day in addition to checking amiami to see what's up for preorder.

it's pretty awesome how good the USD now compared to yen. i'm continually surprised at how low the price is when i import. feels like we're saving money, lol

Yep, now I just need Zero Suit Samus to come back on mandarake or amiami so I can pick her up with this great exchange rate. At the very least its going to take the sting off of my DEC order.

Usual nightly amiami check along with twitter showing what's new.

Also nightly Mandarake check just to see if there's anything new to drain my wallet.

Yep, now I just need Zero Suit Samus to come back on mandarake or amiami so I can pick her up with this great exchange rate. At the very least its going to take the sting off of my DEC order.

She came back last week on AmiAmi, if you're talking about the Good Smile Company one.

I know because I bought one, sigh.

My get from the Amazon.jp figure sale some months ago:

I was greatly amused he came with his own rope. Don't have anywhere to hang him though so he'll stay grounded for now, lol
That's actually pretty funny. I dont even know what show that's from but I've seen the relevant image haha.

Settin

Oh... dur.
Yeah... finals week is killing my brain. I was thinking "plus clubs" being a thing and not you meaning "and clubs"

Well some of my favorite clubs do include Best Breasts, Amazing Thighs, and Buttock Beauties so they are plus clubs in a certain sense :p

Yes. One of the best "dark humor" anime ever. The manga ending was fucking weird though.
Yeah it was really weird but it was an appropriate way for the manga to do a harem end XD, hope Shaft will animate a couple more chapters + the ending but after hitting gold with Monigatari series and Nisekoi seems they're happy to stick to them =(

Jojo character designs are so awesomely weird. Are those more of the statues they've been releasing? If so, they're a bit too small for my tastes, unfortunately.

Einbroch

Banned
It's that time of the month. Unpaid AmiAmi orders are popping up on the preowned section but aren't able to be bought.

I WANT TO SPEND, LET ME SPEND.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't really see anything interesting in the recent preowned additions. What are you after?

A couple Black Rock Shooter Nendos. The old, crappy BRS Nendo always goes up, but the newer one just popped up and she's a good deal.

If they'd sell her to me.

omlet

Welp, I see a few things that look like they're in the same situation as the BRS you want on amiami (don't worry I'm not after that one)... how long before they actually unlock them for purchasing?

Einbroch

Banned
Welp, I see a few things that look like they're in the same situation as the BRS you want on amiami (don't worry I'm not after that one)... how long before they actually unlock them for purchasing?

Dunno. They have this issue every month around this time, so I assume it's all the unpaid orders getting restocked in the system. I hope soon.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm just wondering how I should go about getting these. I remember reading something earlier about bootlegs so I'd like to avoid that if possible. Also, any shop that takes vanilla Mastercards would be preferred.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5703

For the Nendoroid. She says "Sold Out", but this is only temporary. Any moment now (or in the next six hours) she'll come up, and as long as the quality is B/B, go for it.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5704

The Figma is available now. But Nendoroids are cuter.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5703

For the Nendoroid. She says "Sold Out", but this is only temporary. Any moment now (or in the next six hours) she'll come up, and as long as the quality is B/B, go for it.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5704

The Figma is available now. But Nendoroids are cuter.

Does ami-ami only deal in pre-owned figures? I'd like to get it new if possible. Although the ranking on the figma is A so maybe it might be safe to buy this one.

According to this page they have the figma as well.

Thing is the ones on nippon-yasan are new but more expensive.

Decisions, decisions.

I was actually considering using my bank card but I don't know if they're going to shut it down if I use it on these sites. Which is why I wanted to use a vanilla Mastercard instead.

Bombless

They were released in 2012. And when Amiami says it's A/B quality it means the box is unopened (A figure is untouched, sealed), B box means the box is veeeery slightly weathered.

Einbroch

Banned
If you demand new, then you're not gonna have much luck on AmiAmi. However, you should know that A/B is basically brand new. The Japanese rate extremely critically. What is B/B is Japan would be "Like New" on Amazon. I have received 20+ B/B items and none have any visible marks. One had a slight scuff on the box, that's it.

omlet

Does ami-ami only deal in pre-owned figures? I'd like to get it new if possible. Although the ranking on the figma is A so maybe it might be safe to buy this one.
They sell stuff new, too, but they typically don't restock on things unless they get re-releases from the manufacturer. In other words you're probably not going to find this new because it's 2+ years old...for that matter you won't find much of anything that old still being sold as new ("Released" as amiami calls it) on their site.

Buying a figure that is at least B or better from them is probably going to be fine. They're strict with their ratings. A/B is basically unopened and new even if it's been sitting in someone's closet or shelf for months/years. B/B is opened, probably handled, but complete, no real flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom