• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're already thinking about buying it...

;)

eS8Jo.gif

omlet

In non-nendo news, amiami has Kasugano Sora Chinese Dress version (white) back in stock now (not preowned) for 12040JPY. Probably from canceled preorders so no telling how long that stock will actually last.

Yeah, I hate when AmiAmi updates but the new stuff isn't available for hours. :/
Goodbye Estelle Bright and Totori Nendos~

I would have been sore about the Totori nendo as well but she's only like $40 with free shipping on amazon which isn't too bad
I ordered one already from there several days ago
. Squid Girl is hard to find. Kuroyukihime is on Amazon but it's rare to see her on amiami and I haven't seen her on Mandarake lately, either.

omlet

Welp, that Kasugano Sora figure is gone already after I just posted about it.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I placed an order on amiami a few minutes ago.

Also, as for that Yoshino nendo, I wish I had known she was going to be so rare. I saw her in the mall in Little Tokyo this summer for like $45.

I can speak a little, but I cant read anything...Im trying to learn to speak more using audio lessons while driving, but I dont know when i will ever have time to learn to read/write
Look up Heisig. It will change your life. If I had more time Id sit down and have all the kanji learned by now.

Heisig is THE BEST METHOD, bar none.

Anyway the figure is saying a bunch of clingy sorts of things.

will do, thanks mate
Essentially, the way every other method revolves around is brute force memorization. "Write this two hundred times until it sticks". I've forgotten a good majority of the kanji I've learned through that method. Heisig is based on giving the parts of the Kanji meaning, to you. In other words, you learn them piece by piece, and kinda build your kanji out of them. I've looked at some kanji with that method three times and just flat out KNOW them. Its a little unorthodox because instead of learning kanji in groups based on meaning (today you will learn five kanji related to "house") you learn them based on what parts make them up. I believe that shellfish, employee, and doctor are all in one lesson. But it works.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The sign reads:
  1. Open the door.
  2. Get on the floor.
  3. Everyone walk the dinosaur!

Bombless

Damn it, I keep forgetting that this site exists. Abysse Corp. is now selling GSC stuff at relatively decent prices and since they're french, there's no customs/post fees. The fact the french GSC staff are hiping it up indicates this might be GSC's solution for us european customers.

They have a "Pre-orders" section and an "In stock" section now too : nendos, some figmas and a crapload of figma stands. I might get some of the latter. I really need to bookmark this site.

Alright figured out what those kanji were (I had a good idea about one of them, guess I was right)
1. I have an interest in you
2. I met you to love you (This sounds weird to me, may not be spot on)
3. I have something I want to ask you

Damn it, I keep forgetting that this site exists. Abysse Corp. is now selling GSC stuff at relatively decent prices and since they're french, there's no customs/post fees. The fact the french GSC staff are hiping it up indicates this might be GSC's solution for us european customers.

They have a "Pre-orders" section and an "In stock" section now too : nendos, some figmas and a crapload of figma stands. I might get some of the latter. I really need to bookmark this site.

Sounds awesome for you guys. Those fees are crazy and I am not sure I would be ordering as much if I were in the same area...

omlet

I figured there would be way more people in FigureGAF that knew this shit haha.

I can read kana (learned it years ago by just writing kana tables and doing flash card drills until it sunk in) and a few kanji but I probably couldn't even pass an entry level reading test (honestly have never tried so I don't know). Most of the kanji I know are common nouns, adjectives, and verbs I learned from playing FFXI and XIV and interacting with JP players wwwwwww

I really should make another effort to learn kanji. Edit: What resources do you recommend for Heisig method? I've heard of it but never tried any of the books or whatnot.

I can read kana (learned it years ago by just writing kana tables and doing flash card drills until it sunk in) and a few kanji but I probably couldn't even pass an entry level reading test (honestly have never tried so I don't know). Most of the kanji I know are common nouns and verbs I learned from playing FFXI and XIV and interacting with JP players wwwwwww

I really should make another effort to learn kanji. What resources do you recommend for Heisig method? I've heard of it but never tried any of the books or whatnot.
I wouldn't say I could pass a reading test hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom