• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Thinking about putting up my Amakuni's Lili, GSC Frau, and Orchid Seed Yui up for sale as well. Also going to give away my Alter Mitsuru to a friend if he wants it.

Who knows, might start giving away some figures to FigureGAF instead of selling them. Depends if I'm in the Christmas mood and if there's any demand for the figure.

I would have been sore about the Totori nendo as well but she's only like $40 with free shipping on amazon which isn't too bad
I always forget to check US Amazon for figures!
Browsing now and the prices are much higher than AmiAmi but they have some stuff that I rarely see popping up elsewhere. :O

omlet

Browsing now and the prices are much higher than AmiAmi but they have some stuff that I rarely see popping up elsewhere. :O

Yeah, they do, and a lot of them aren't a terrible deal when you consider free shipping. They usually come out near to or cheaper than amiami's prices when you count 15$ shipping on top. Obviously some are scalper-tier, but, hey, if you gotta have it...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Damn Royal Mail and their christmas missed post cards, they've changed them from red to a navy blue colour.. First thought I was going to have to collect my parcel from a different service. At least it's just a collection job and not a tax one.

Damn it, I keep forgetting that this site exists. Abysse Corp. is now selling GSC stuff at relatively decent prices and since they're french, there's no customs/post fees. The fact the french GSC staff are hiping it up indicates this might be GSC's solution for us european customers.

They have a "Pre-orders" section and an "In stock" section now too : nendos, some figmas and a crapload of figma stands. I might get some of the latter. I really need to bookmark this site.
Woah, they have some figures that are out of stock in other places for a decent price and since it's EU it's cheaper to ship. Thanks for the link.

Thinking about putting up my Amakuni's Lili, GSC Frau, and Orchid Seed Yui up for sale as well. Also going to give away my Alter Mitsuru to a friend if he wants it.

Who knows, might start giving away some figures to FigureGAF instead of selling them. Depends if I'm in the Christmas mood and if there's any demand for the figure.

Sounds like you're desperately trying to reclaim space. I know those feels.

omlet

I'd go for the Frau but I already got it on the cheap from AmazonJP this fall.
I just put new shelving in and I already have enough stuff (pre)ordered through early 2015 to fill it up. sigh

That Yui looks kind of nice, though I can't say I'm familiar with any of the shows in question.

Am I crazy for thinking about getting these figures? In pair, obviously, I could never buy only one:

FIGURE-004575.jpg

FIGURE-007022.jpg

38,470 Yen total (the pair), without my local taxes and without the price of the shipping.

I'm asking here before becasue I don't know the maker (Medicom Toy) and the line (Real Action Heroes), and I want to know if they are worth the risk or just another "Bayonetta" situation (inflated price).

Not that I plan on getting them, though, just asking a question.

kewlmyc

Mhmm, I guess so. I'm just getting rid of any figure that I bought solely because "it was cute". Getting out of that mindset altogether. Only keeping figs from series I'm a huge fan of, which is most of my collection. Only getting rid of like 8 figures total. Plus Mitsuru, since I already have one.

So it is a no go then? Overpriced like Bayonetta? Guess I'll wait for another ones.

I thought about getting these, but couldn't find a store with them:

I also do not know many stores, so that's another problem.

Bombless

So it is a no go then? Overpriced like Bayonetta? Guess I'll wait for another ones.

Medicom makes the best action figures. They are expensive however.

See I like the Kill La Kill designs, but honestly the show didnt blow me away as much as it did everyone else. Dunno if Id spend money on such. Definitely not $200.

See I like the Kill La Kill designs, but honestly the show didnt blow me away as much as it did everyone else. Dunno if Id spend money on such. Definitely not $200.

To be quite honest with you,
I only watched 2 episodes.
But I love, love the designs. They look awesome to me, don't know but they captivate me everytime that I look.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So then I remembered my local sorting office is open till 8pm so I went to get my coat and I then remembered you have to wait will the next working day to pick up your parcel. Gah.

Kikirin

I would also go for Frau, though unlike omlet I hadn't gotten her from Amazon JP yet.

To be quite honest with you,
I only watched 2 episodes.
But I love, love the designs. They look awesome to me, don't know but they captivate me everytime that I look.
It does get good, its just the ending hits a certain point and just doesn't really ramp up at all. Of course, W101 spoiled me so eh.

StayDead

1. 君と興味があるんだ - I'm interested in you
2. 君と愛し合う為に - In favour of us loving one another
3. 君に訊きたい事がある - I have something to ask you.

@H3X 愛し合う (あいしあう) means to love one another.

Atleast that's how I'd translate it.

1. 君と興味があるんだ - I'm interested in you
2. 君と愛し合う為に - In favour of us loving one another
3. 君に訊きたい事がある - I have something to ask you.

@H3X 愛し合う (あいしあう) means to love one another.
Aaahhh, that makes sense. I had the feeling that there was a bit of wordplay there in that second one, got caught on the meaning of the words individually.

I would gladly take mitsuru off your hands so you can...you know...free up space

Mhmm, I guess so. I'm just getting rid of any figure that I bought solely because "it was cute". Getting out of that mindset altogether. Only keeping figs from series I'm a huge fan of, which is most of my collection. Only getting rid of like 8 figures total. Plus Mitsuru, since I already have one.

Man, I'd love to do that. I find the idea of trying to sell them all kind of daunting. I wish I just had a portable black hole to toss everything into.

Hobby link Japan had them listed, but I guess they didn't actually get them because everyone who preordered them got their orders cancelled. I found Both of them on Mandarake, still waiting on Satsuki to be delivered.

Caladrius

It's a good thing I'm only ever interested in Lady figures if they're among my favorite characters.

Makes not being able to get figures somewhat less painful.

It's a good thing I'm only ever interested in Lady figures if they're among my favorite characters.

Makes not being able to get figures that much less painful.

I started like that, now if I find anything cute or badass I'm hitting Watch List.
For now.

Hobby link Japan had them listed, but I guess they didn't actually get them because everyone who preordered them got their orders cancelled. I found Both of them on Mandarake, still waiting on Satsuki to be delivered.

Thanks.

kewlmyc

Im glad I started with that mindset.

I started with that mindset too, just saying. :p

I blame poor life decisions and Amiami's pre-owned section.

All the money I saved from figures delay went into blurays. Wondering if I should get death note dvd set for 30

I just imported the UK releases of Fate/Zero, Madoka series, and both Code Geass seasons. It's cheaper to import a UK bluray player and buy their releases that it is to buy Aniplex's of America's releases

I started with that mindset too, just saying. :p

I blame poor life decisions and Amiami's pre-owned section.

Heheh I believe you were the one to finally get me to stop looking at the preowned section. You posted in here saying you avoid it at all costs now and that others should do the same. Thankfully I listened.....

This month was going to be my last huge order but the delays have now pushed January to a disturbing level. Luckily after that everything is small and I plan to keep it that way. Another reason I avoided buying both of those Nendos yesterday.

Einbroch

Banned
Literally the only thing "anime" I own are figures, and I use Gamefly, so my entertainment budget is pretty small.

How you guys buy those overpriced BDs...that's just insane to me.

Literally the only thing "anime" I own are figures, and I use Gamefly, so my entertainment budget is pretty small.

A whole season for $24 isn't what I would call too crazy. Only a few shows will I pay the Aniplex tax for though (Kill La Kill and Nisekoi)

EDIT: Of course that price is the sale price lol....I try to wait for them to go to that price.

I caved last year and bought the Gurren Lagann Blu-Ray box set, no regrets.

Thankfully the Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray set isn't as expensive.

Einbroch

Banned
A whole season for $24 isn't what I would call too crazy. Only a few shows will I pay the Aniplex tax for though (Kill La Kill and Nisekoi)

No no, I know. The deals are fine, but I see posts sometimes on here and other forums where people drop a ton of money on BDs, like $100+ on a single series or part of a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom