• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Hey everyone. I'm doing a gift exchange and one of my friends who is into figures. I want to keep it down around $20 not including shipping. Willing to go more though. I'm wondering what lines I could get the best quality figure for. I know he has some nendoroids, maybe that's a start. He has mostly shonen, persona, and k-on stuff.

I think I might get him a Nichijou figure? Any ideas?

There are like 4 different Kuroneko figures going up tonight. Memories, sweet lolita, MF angel one, and a swimsuit one. I like all the non-swimsuit ones and she's clearly the best girl in the show but don't think I'm gonna try to grab any of those. Wallet am cry thanks to China dress Sora and I'm saving what's left for a few nendos I have my sights on.

Don't even tell me that. And I also do not swimsuit figures, can't find the appeal (besides the obvious fact of seeing favorite characters with almost no clothing).

the nonscale one. She won't match with kirigiri =(

Oh, I have that figure. I like mine, and I'm still looking for the prize one.

Danferno

I snagged one of the Alter Gwendolyn figures Ami Ami put up last night. Finally! I've been looking for her since I started collecting and never found a used one I was comfortable buying.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IGkObUg.png[/img]

Odin Sphere - Gwendolyn 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)

FIG-MOE-0118.jpg

Happy dance!!!

omlet

Hey everyone. I'm doing a gift exchange and one of my friends who is into figures. I want to keep it down around $20 not including shipping. Willing to go more though. I'm wondering what lines I could get the best quality figure for. I know he has some nendoroids, maybe that's a start. He has mostly shonen, persona, and k-on stuff.

There are a couple nichijou nendos but they're $$$$

Go over to MFC or Amiami and browse around for ideas. You can search by series or by figure type or whatever. If you see something that isn't in stock you can post specific items here and get recommendations where to look for them.

omlet

Don't even tell me that. And I also do not swimsuit figures, can't find the appeal (besides the obvious fact of seeing favorite characters with almost no clothing).

So you're buying some of them, right? At least memories, right?

I snagged one of the Alter Gwendolyn figures Ami Ami put up last night. Finally! I've been looking for her since I started collecting and never found a used one I was comfortable buying.

Happy dance!!!

Congrats! I posted about it here last night and I'm surprised she lasted this long before being snagged. I managed to pick that one up earlier this year after lamenting initially passing her up. I paid more than that one that you got (I think that one was discounted due to a C grade box and mine was an A/B). It's a very nice figure, you'll enjoy it!
(recent pic of mine taken with new camera while trying it out)
That smile's just for you!

Edit: Oh, you got a different one from the B/C that's up right now. Yeah, I'm sure the B/C is fine but you went with the safer bet it looks like.

injurai

Banned
There are a couple nichijou nendos but they're $$$$

Go over to MFC or Amiami and browse around for ideas. You can search by series or by figure type or whatever. If you see something that isn't in stock you can post specific items here and get recommendations where to look for them.

Alright. I guess I didn't think about shipping time either, because I would want it in time for Christmas. Are places pretty prompt with delivery?

chrono01

Code:

FIG-MOE-0118.jpg

Happy dance!!!
Very nice, she's a great figure.

Congrats!

Just saw that "Gin no Sharin no Kishihime Arianrhod" is up for pre-order, one coming in late May (the pink one) and other coming in February (the blue one).

This one is really pushing my limits, that pose is just too good.

Ultimadrago

As far as Nichijou selections go, a prize figure would suffice.

Banpresto created awesomely adorable ones in alternate outfits that are selling on Mandarake currently.

SEGA also has a few.

omlet

Alright. I guess I didn't think about shipping time either, because I would want it in time for Christmas. Are places pretty prompt with delivery?

More pricy delivery methods like DHL or EMS are gonna be pretty prompt (3-7 mail days). Any other budget methods (even with tracking, like SAL Registered) are gonna probably be 2 weeks minimum right now, for importing from JP to US, anyway.

Depending on where you buy something from you also may need to account for time to actually get it shipped. Amiami you're probably looking at +1 day to process your order and then another +1 day for them to ship. If you buy from Mandarake it may be like 3 days after you place your order (because they have to go check the brick & mortar shop to make sure no one bought it in-person after you ordered it online).

Edit: Just for clarification, I think Mandarake defaults to EMS shipping. So like that 1500JPY figure that Ultimadrago linked is gonna be actually like 3500JPY (1500 + 500 handling fee + 1500 shipping), or around $30.

Off topic for this post but Ultimadrago did you see my post earlier in reply to your question :3

injurai

Banned
As far as Nichijou selections go, a prize figure would suffice.

Banpresto created awesomely adorable ones in alternate outfits that are selling on Mandarake currently.

SEGA also has a few.

More pricy delivery methods like DHL or EMS are gonna be pretty prompt (3-7 mail days). Any other budget methods (even with tracking, like SAL Registered) are gonna probably be 2 weeks minimum right now, for importing from JP to US, anyway.

Depending on where you buy something from you also may need to account for time to actually get it shipped. Amiami you're probably looking at +1 day to process your order and then another +1 day for them to ship. If you buy from Mandarake it may be like 3 days after you place your order (because they have to go check the brick & mortar shop to make sure no one bought it in-person after you ordered it online).

Edit: Just for clarification, I think Mandarake defaults to EMS shipping. So like that 1500JPY figure that Ultimadrago linked is gonna be actually like 3500JPY (1500 + 500 handling fee + 1500 shipping), or around $30.

Off topic for this post but Ultimadrago did you see my post earlier in reply to your question :3

Thank you! Thank you! You've both been super helpful.

For Mandarake:

You can choose which shipping method to use when you make your order.

They offer SAL Registered, DHL and EMS.

The main problem is you don't see how much shipping will be until they ask for payment though. You also won't find out if your package is too heavy for SAL Registered but at least they'll go with the next cheapest option which is usually DHL.

Danferno

Congrats! It's a great feeling.

Congrats! I posted about it here last night and I'm surprised she lasted this long before being snagged. I managed to pick that one up earlier this year after lamenting initially passing her up. I paid more than that one that you got (I think that one was discounted due to a C grade box and mine was an A/B). It's a very nice figure, you'll enjoy it!
(recent pic of mine taken with new camera while trying it out)

That smile's just for you!

Edit: Oh, you got a different one from the B/C that's up right now. Yeah, I'm sure the B/C is fine but you went with the safer bet it looks like.

Very nice, she's a great figure.

Congrats!

Thank you everyone! After omelet mentioned she appeared in the pre-owned listings, I was so disappointed last night when her listing came up empty--I assumed I missed her yet again. On a whim, I checked it again this morning and both A-/B and B/C were available. I decided to play it safe and get the former, though I've had no problems with B in the past. As of now, the B/C is still up for 9.3k (HOW???).

omlet

So before I go to bed, a little story about today.

You guys probably remember my recent post about setting up 2 new DETOLF with lighting (for any newcomers to this thread, you may want to check it out to see if you like the idea for your own collection!).

Anyway, since IKEA is so far away I had some coworkers bring them down on a fortunately timed business trip. The woman at work who helped me get in contact with the people who came into town is a really friendly person and told me "be sure to show me pictures of what you do with them" (she knows I like anime but had no idea what I was going to use the DETOLF for and I didn't tell them).

I thought I might be able to get away with never having to follow up on that but she was in my office today to troubleshoot something with me and I just happened to have been to the post office at lunch to pick up my Mandarake order and it was sitting there...

Her: "Oh, what's this box, Manda...rake? Is that Japanese?"
Me: "Yeah, it's a gift for a friend."
Her: "From Japan?"
Me: "Yeah, Mandarake is the name of the store."
Her: "Can I see it?" :D
(I'm thinking... it's Bastet... it's not lewd but it's still... a catgirl... but she did ask...)
Me: "Sure..." (take the figure box out of the shipping box and show her)
Her: "Oh, wow that's so cute! Do you have more like that?"
Me: "Well, not like this one exactly. But I got this recently..." (show her pictures of Suigintou nendo)
Her: *sqeee* "How did you make it look like it's walking?"
Me: "It's poseable, like an action figure kind of. I took these pictures in those new shelves."
Her: "Oh, let me see pictures."
(Here I'm thinking, shelf assembly, no problem... my whole collection...uh...hmm...)

So I showed her the pics of assembling the shelves and she wanted to look at the big picture of my collection. Then when I told her they make other nendos like Batman and Mario she wanted to see them...

Pretty sure she won't be buying any figures, like ever, (she balked at the price of a nendo when she asked and I told her, and if you balk at the price of a nendo then this is probably not a hobby for you) but it was pretty interesting to see reactions from someone who has never seen these things and wasn't judgmental about them.

Anyway, this story ends (for now) with me reboxing my Suigintou nendo to take to work tomorrow and let her see it in person.

Heh, I couldn't contain my smile when I discovered that one girl I know is even more hardcore on figures than I am. Her collection is huge, I got legit shocked when she talked about it with me. When we first discussed about figures I had less than 10, so I felt like an amateur talking to a pro. I think that I saw her happy too, being able to talk with somebody about her hobby openly, but I might be thinking too much.

Now I show her all the figures that I buy that are not R18, and she already loves my future nendos.

cajunator

Banned

You guys probably remember my recent post about setting up 2 new DETOLF with lighting (for any newcomers to this thread, you may want to check it out to see if you like the idea for your own collection!).

Anyway, since IKEA is so far away I had some coworkers bring them down on a fortunately timed business trip. The woman at work who helped me get in contact with the people who came into town is a really friendly person and told me "be sure to show me pictures of what you do with them" (she knows I like anime but had no idea what I was going to use the DETOLF for and I didn't tell them).

I thought I might be able to get away with never having to follow up on that but she was in my office today to troubleshoot something with me and I just happened to have been to the post office at lunch to pick up my Mandarake order and it was sitting there...

Her: "Oh, what's this box, Manda...rake? Is that Japanese?"
Me: "Yeah, it's a gift for a friend."
Her: "From Japan?"
Me: "Yeah, Mandarake is the name of the store."
Her: "Can I see it?" :D
(I'm thinking... it's Bastet... it's not lewd but it's still... a catgirl... but she did ask...)
Me: "Sure..." (take the figure box out of the shipping box and show her)
Her: "Oh, wow that's so cute! Do you have more like that?"
Me: "Well, not like this one exactly. But I got this recently..." (show her pictures of Suigintou nendo)
Her: *sqeee* "How did you make it look like it's walking?"
Me: "It's poseable, like an action figure kind of. I took these pictures in those new shelves."
Her: "Oh, let me see pictures."
(Here I'm thinking, shelf assembly, no problem... my whole collection...uh...hmm...)

So I showed her the pics of assembling the shelves and she wanted to look at the big picture of my collection. Then when I told her they make other nendos like Batman and Mario she wanted to see them...

Pretty sure she won't be buying any figures, like ever, (she balked at the price of a nendo when she asked and I told her, and if you balk at the price of a nendo then this is probably not a hobby for you) but it was pretty interesting to see reactions from someone who has never seen these things and wasn't judgmental about them.

Anyway, this story ends (for now) with me reboxing my Suigintou nendo to take to work tomorrow and let her see it in person.

I showed my coworkers my figure collection pictures and one of them wants to steal her:
I swear she squeed so loud when she saw Tsurugi

omlet

Heh, I couldn't contain my smile when I discovered that one girl I know is even more hardcore on figures than I am. Her collection is huge, I got legit shocked when she talked about it with me. When we first discussed about figures I had less than 10, so I felt like an amateur talking to a pro. I think that I saw her happy too, for being able to talk with somebody about her hobby openly, but I might be thinking too much.

Heh, cool. I don't know anyone locally who is into the hobby, not even for non-anime stuff. There was one cool guy at work who retired this year who was a big anime fan and had prize figures and gachapons all over his desk. He didn't buy scale figures but he did like seeing mine that I'd sometimes bring in to show him.

Heh, cool. I don't know anyone locally who is into the hobby, not even for non-anime stuff. There was one cool guy at work who retired this year who was a big anime fan and had prize figures and gachapons all over his desk. He didn't buy scale figures but he did like seeing mine that I'd sometimes bring in to show him.

Talking about gachapons, you just made me remember something: when I was a lot younger I got a gachapon/small figure from a family member (an aunt). The figure was a little blond girl holding a towel sitting on one of those japanese stools/buckets that they put on the bathroom. I still laugh when I see it, I was just a kid when I got it.

She looks like Winry from FMA (blond, blue eyes).

Maybe that's why I am like this today.

Meyneth

Soo
Snow White Sonico finally got painted and then they also previewed the prototype for Little Mermaid Sonico.

FuRyu, why you do this to me?? I thought I could get away with only having one sonico figure... D:

Neo Dark

Code:

FIG-MOE-0118.jpg

Happy dance!!!

Nice. Every time I walk into this thread, my reaction is "DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS BUT WISH I COULD HAVE HER TOO!"

Very cute but if it wasnt so lewd I would buy it immediately.

MFC link

there are NSFW pics inside

Wow the clothes are removable. You said it was lewd and it went even more lewd lol

cajunator

Banned
MFC link

there are NSFW pics inside

thanks. Its such a cute pose! But WAY too oversexed for my tastes. If she was just wearing a normal santa outfit with panties and such I would buy three. I dont like castoffs or nude figures.
Almost wish they made two versions.

Oh wait she does have pantsu. Its still a bit iffy but I might get it if thats the case. Its all about that pose. And the cat ears. Damn it.

cajunator

Banned
There are like 4 different Kuroneko figures going up tonight. Memories, sweet lolita, MF angel one, and a swimsuit one. I like all the non-swimsuit ones and she's clearly the best girl in the show but don't think I'm gonna try to grab any of those. Wallet am cry thanks to China dress Sora and I'm saving what's left for a few nendos I have my sights on.

where preowned amiami?

Neo Dark

Available now at BIJ. That price though. :/

http://biginjap.com/en/pvc-figures/11259-t2-art-girls-noel-chat-noir-16.html

I'll wait and see what discount AmiAmi gives her. She's nice, and would compliment Santa Satan [Seven Deadly Sins], but I'm also trying to cut back.

Edit - Even more expensive at HS. :eek:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10304669

Up on AmiAmi. Apparently BIJ is the cheapest
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009467&page=top

AmiAmi also has a mini wall scroll version
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009468&page=top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom