• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Belphegor A/B 14880JPY!

She's the GOAT
eared
sloth demon.

No, I will never tire of that joke. Goat ears are the GOAT.

Showed mom John Matrix :

Mom : Oh my, he looks great! When are you getting him?

Me : Yeah, he really is. But with the job and the the chance I want more Hot Toys afterwards, I decided not to go for it.

Mom : Are you crazy? LOOK AT HIM, HE IS AMAZING.

Me : Yeah but...money, mom.

Mom : Payment plan!

Me : Yeah but...

Mom : I'm giving you 100€ for it.

Me : .....ok.

LOL that's awesome, your mom enabled you into Hot Toys, a few years from now when you got 20 of the things you can always point the finger of blame back towards her.

yami4ct

It's happening!

mLzoCcS.png

kap39Bi.png

It's a tad terrifying shelling out all that cash at once, but I'm so excited for this guy. Cannot wait to start building next week.

It's happening!

It's a tad terrifying shelling out all that cash at once, but I'm so excited for this guy. Cannot wait to start building next week.

Congratulations man! And I agree with the bolded, mine was similar to yours in price after the shipping (and I'm even scared to think about the taxes..)

yami4ct

Man, I wish I had the ability to build those. My main issue is lack of painting ability. :(

You really only need to be able to paint for HG kits. MGs and especially PGs look amazing OOB. Sure, you can turn them into works of art with paint, but if all you want is a super cool model a straight build will do just fine.

You really only need to be able to paint for HG kits. MGs and especially PGs look amazing OOB. Sure, you can turn them into works of art with paint, but if all you want is a super cool model a straight build will do just fine.
I think I had an MG Unit 1 (Eva), and it ended up looking like crap compared to the box art. If I had any artistic ability I'd try learning to paint them, but as it is I'd totally fail on the details.

yami4ct

I think I had an MG Unit 1 (Eva), and it ended up looking like crap compared to the box art. If I had any artistic ability I'd try learning to paint them, but as it is I'd totally fail on the details.

The old eva kits honestly weren't very good. Modern MGs are glorious after only panel lining. Take the Sazabi Ver. Ka for instance.

Really gorgeous suit. It's to the point where I don't think I could make it better by painting it. The color separation on the panels is something quite special. Pretty much any MG made in the last 5 years will look good OOB, with some of them looking amazing like Sazabi.

Dear lord I just searched something gundam related to show my friend and...i guess I better start watching Gundam.

My god, Rinko Iori is hot as hell.

You'll need to watch Gundam Build Fighters then! :p

I said that to my friend and he almost took my head off (he is a huge gundam fan). He's trying to make me watch Gundam for years, literally. He gave me his Gundam Seed DVD for me to watch and it just got dust, and then when I said "Well, I'll better watch gundam because of this mom" I could feel his anger boiling.

I said that to my friend and he almost took my head off (he is a huge gundam fan). He's trying to make me watch Gundam for years, literally. He gave me his Gundam Seed DVD for me to watch and it just got dust, and then when I said "Well, I'll better watch this gundam because of this mom" I could feel his anger boiling.

SEED's got Murrue Ramius and she's pretty good too (Same VA as well, which they reference in GBF).

GBF is still the better series though. You should definately watch that first.

I could never get into Gundam, with the exception of G Gundam. *shrugs*

But Ill watch Code Geass all day.

The last and I think the only mecha anime that I ever watched. At least the only one that I remember.

SEED's got Murrue Ramius and she's pretty good too (Same VA as well, which they reference in GBF).

GBF is still the better series though. You should definately watch that first.

Thanks, I'll take a look on GBF to see how it is.

The last and I think the only mecha anime that I ever watched. At least the only one that I remember.

Thanks, I'll take a look on GBF to see how it is.
What I feel seperates CG from other mecha anime is that it very much feels like the mechs are a tool of the plot, instead of the other way around. The mechs are shiny, and very much featured, but most of the time they are just tools for the rest of the plot to use.

kewlmyc

Ok, I laughed.

Off topic: FigureGaf, I'm afraid of watching more animes because I don't know if I'll be able to restrain myself if I start to like a character too much and find that he/she has a figure on sale.

Just limit yourself to series that you really really love and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom