• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

desverger

I've watched a few videos of people pulling hundreds of times to get Lightning and now I've realized that she starts at 5*. I guess I can get disappointed even earlier now as soon as I see the blue crystal... :D

It's possible to get a blue crystal which turns to yellow, which turns to rainbow, AND get Lightning out of it. I had it happen on an alt account I was rerolling for fun.

...This is why I don't do alt accounts :p

Lyrian

This Maze Runner event is amazing. Got 15 LB pots so far. If this keeps up, I'm close to maxxing Cecil's LB.

How? I've only see one pot ever (outside of the initial clear reward), and that was on the second run I ever tried. So, I'm like 1 for 20 or so for seeing pots.

Another day, another Clyne. Meh.

Rootbeer

Banned
hmm. I opened the game just now and got a ton of pop-ups for game center achievements. those weren't there before.

is it game making some backend changes?

creid

hmm. I opened the game just now and got a ton of pop-ups for game center achievements. those weren't there before.

is it game making some backend changes?
Same thing happened to me this morning. I don't think they were fully implemented before, not sure why they suddenly started working.

bonkeng

How? I've only see one pot ever (outside of the initial clear reward), and that was on the second run I ever tried. So, I'm like 1 for 20 or so for seeing pots.

Another day, another Clyne. Meh.

Howwwwww

I've spent all my NRG on the maze since it started, and only got 2 LB pots besides the initial gimme.

By being lucky lol. I usually get to the lb pots area before i choose the wrong one. So far, i cleared the dungeon only 3 times.

There's an exploit to reset the dungeon. But it's in your best interest not to know how.

For the record, i only did the exploit once. To test my curiosity.

If you really want to know, I'll pm you the steps.

@ Lyrian: wait, what initial clear reward? Didn't notice that.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
By being lucky lol. I usually get to the lb pots area before i choose the wrong one. So far i finished the dungeon only 3 times.

There's an exploit to reset the dungeon. But it's in your best interest not to know how.

This is like saying, I know where you can illegal watch a new movie in theaters. But I only watched it once to see how you can watch it. But if you want.... I'll tell you were to watch it... but you shouldn't watch it!

Got myself a Fran today.

Rootbeer

Banned
someone on discord trying to sell this extra account they rerolled

lol @ the trump BS though

Screenshot_20160927-065140.png

(not mine. full disclosure!)

bonkeng

This is like saying, I know where you can illegal watch a new movie in theaters. But I only watched it once to see how you can watch it. But if you want.... I'll tell you were to watch it... but you shouldn't watch it!

Got myself a Fran today.

Lol pretty much.

The reason I don't suggest on doing it, is because it's a tedious process. And you might get banned. All for a measely lb pots.

It's not like this is the first game that has that loophole.

In One Piece Treasure Cruise, this is also widely used technique. Reset a fight to gain a favorable bonus. Same thing also happened in Chain Chronicles Gauntlet battle.

Lol pretty much.

The reason I don't suggest on doing it, is because it's a tedious process. And you might get banned. All for a measely lb pots.

It's not like this is the first game that has that loophole.

In One Piece Treasure Cruise, this is also widely used technique. Reset a fight to gain a favorable bonus. Same thing also happened in Chain Chronicles Gauntlet battle.

As long as they dont ban Nox users ill be fine with not exploiting anything else lol

Jeffrey

this 'exploit' has always worked for pretty much all japanese mobile games of this irk, outside of GBF.

most jp games only do a server check before and after you complete a mission, so you can exploit that in ways that if a fight isn't looking your way, you can restart and 'save' on the items you used.

You will still use up energy because they do the first server check after they calculate the energy subtracted.

Lyrian

By being lucky lol. I usually get to the lb pots area before i choose the wrong one. So far, i cleared the dungeon only 3 times.

Ok, I understand what is involved with this. Yeah, not going there over only mini pots.

There was a first time clear reward of a mini pot for the Maze.

bonkeng

As long as they dont ban Nox users ill be fine with not exploiting anything else lol

Ok, I understand what is involved with this. Yeah, not going there over only mini pots.

There was a first time clear reward of a mini pot for the Maze.

Wise choice :)

And I'm not going to post it openly here. There are redditors lurking around here. If they discover it themselves, good for them. But GAF can't be the source.

I didn't notice that pot on my first clear. Maybe that's why i got one too many by my count.

Lyrian

Wise choice :)

And I'm not going to post it openly here. There are redditors lurking around here. If they discover it themselves, good for them. But GAF can't be the source.

I didn't notice that pot on my first clear. Maybe that's why i got one too many by my count.

Pretty sure the process was already mentioned on Reddit yesterday and was quickly frowned upon, on the grounds that people were banned on JP for manipulating the Maze.

Lyrian

And on that note, I dumped most of the morning energy into the Maze and made it to the second room... once. One and done on every other trip to the maze.

/facepalm

It's going to be one of those days, isn't it?

bonkeng

Pretty sure the process was already mentioned on Reddit yesterday and was quickly frowned upon, on the grounds that people were banned on JP for manipulating the Maze.

Oh i must have missed it then.

And that's why It's not a good idea. Since it's pretty much confirmed bannable.

And on that note, I dumped most of the morning energy into the Maze and made it to the second room... once. One and done on every other trip to the maze.

/facepalm

It's going to be one of those days, isn't it?

Wow. The chances of choosing a correct door is higher than the wrong one, for the first 3 doors atleast.

That's why i can reach the lb pot stage 60% of the time, then 80% of the time i choose the wrong door afterwards.

Valonquar

The maze is really helping power level a bunch of Kefka & Exdeath I've had on the backburner, but need to level now to destroy Brontosaurus.

Valus

Doublehand, Magi Staff, and Minerva Bustier TMs achieved! Should have Barrage in the next couple days as well. I may have to do some pulls soon because I don't have many more TMs to go for right now...

tariniel

Daily summon, gold crystal... Kain. Still haven't managed to pull a Lud on this banner. Would like her for the TM in the future.

Man how do yo guys farm TM so fast? Nox? I messed with it but couldn't record a script to work properly without me having to babysit it so I don't use it too much. I wanted to use it for Earth Shrine - Exit but have it target mobs to build and use LB too since I'm running Cecil in my TM team.

Valus

How many celes did you have? >>

Just 2. Was considering grinding for both but decided against it. There's just too many better TMs to get.

Daily summon, gold crystal... Kain. Still haven't managed to pull a Lud on this banner. Would like her for the TM in the future.

Man how do yo guys farm TM so fast? Nox? I messed with it but couldn't record a script to work properly without me having to babysit it so I don't use it too much. I wanted to use it for Earth Shrine - Exit but have it target mobs to build and use LB too since I'm running Cecil in my TM team.

Yes Nox. And even with that it took me over a month to get them so it's not fast at all to be honest. Dupes make a huge difference.

Lyrian

Doublehand, Magi Staff, and Minerva Bustier TMs achieved! Should have Barrage in the next couple days as well. I may have to do some pulls soon because I don't have many more TMs to go for right now...

Grats! I'm still far away from my first TM still.

trade accounts

no big deal

Brilliant! Why aren't you running for President of the United States?

Pejo

Dupe Charlotte today, will probably just fuse her since I need the unit space. When I logged in I got like 15 achievements through Google Play. Looks like they finally fixed it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yes Nox. And even with that it took me over a month to get them so it's not fast at all to be honest. Dupes make a huge difference.

For reference. The absolute min it will take. This is amusing you put 100% of your energy into TM Farming and use the few additional energy bits from dailies into it(Story and Explore). 35 Days. That is assuming a 10000 rate from 0 to 1.

So if you want two, that is only 47.5% the time needed. 16.7 Days

3 - 10.5 Days - 30%

4 - 7.5 Days - 21.25%

5 - 5.6 Days - 16%

The drop peaks out around 3 units to merge(It's only 5 days between 3 and 5, so depending on the item's use, it maybe better to merge then), but using a single dupe alone will make it immensely shorter. This is also based on ideal time. No wasted energy, events, etc. I would argue it's closer to 1.5x between 2x that time if you still want to do other things.

This is where prioritizng which ones to get is required. Blade Mastery stacks, but how many Katanas do you have? Double hand is great, but DW is better and they don't stack.

I believe BM and DH do, and DW/BM do. So if you have another Katana, BM is great since it effectively doubles your normal attack power. Even if you have a 60 ATK Katana vs a 90, using BM will give you anywhere between 50 to 60 ATK, and once 6* hits, 60 between 80 depending on the characters. It's a far better investment to have more BM. The only ones who can specialize is using DH better than DW is ones like Garland, who get bonus on top of a bonus, on top of a bonus as long as they are using a single weapon. So a single DH should be fine. I believe they can't even be equipped with a shield to get it's effect.

My success in the maze has been decent enough, gotten to the 2-way split at the end relatively frequently.

Secret sauce: just keep picking the middle. Yeah, sometimes (usually the first and/or second of a round of 50 energy, actually) it will just go right to the end, but a lot of the time it gets me to the full run.

Know why?

Because it's random. Just keep picking the same path every time and it will eventually pay out.

Did anyone get thrown into tutorial stage with the characters they last left on when signing in to BE? It just happened to me right now lol. It did give me a TM up for Shantotto though for no nrg so it was kinda good?

Iceman829

I've been rotating between middle -> right, repeat and right -> middle, repeat and have been somewhat successful. When I make it to the 2 way split I just coin flip it.I've picked up maybe 10 starz quartz and maybe like 5-6 LB pots so far. This event is better than I originally expected. I've been leveling up units and making money as well.

I also decided to switch my leader to WoL to any of those on my friends list. I can always put my underpowered (316 atk) Chizuru back on if anyone needs it.

Muku

What day do they say what the next banner will be? Tomorrow?

I think so. I'm hoping for something more interesting. I've gotten nada on banner characters except last weeks. Thank god I finally got CoD. (And thank god I didn't get Kefka. Because when he was initially a banner character, I got him all the freaking time.)

I'm saving my summoning tickets for something interesting. I imagine Lightening gets better at 6* but so far not impressed with the couple friends ones I've played with, Feel like odds on this one just aren't worth it. Would like a Lud, but not tempting fate after getting CoD last week. (I pulled one then my husband did since we were chain pulling for a bit.)

Also so tired of Sabin, Cyan, Vivi, and Anzelm. Oh and Shadow. But todays lucky pull was Anzelm. Because can't get enough of these weak characters.

Edit: Oh god, please let it be the first FFT.... I want Orlandu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom