• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth & my bittersweet farewell to Sony Consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
It's a weird feeling. It's the end of an era for me.

I've been a Sony fanboy since the original PlayStation. Those chunky gray polygons hold so many childhood memories. I've upgraded with every generation, always excited for what Sony would bring next. And the PS5 has been amazing.

But life changes, and so do priorities. I'm moving entirely to PC and Nintendo gaming soon. It's the right call, but it's bittersweet.

That's why I finally snagged Rebirth during a recent sale. It's going to be the last PlayStation game I play on my PS5 after FF7R. It feels fitting.
I can't think of a better game to close this chapter with.

It's not just about the game; it's about saying goodbye to a console that's been a huge part of my life. To all the incredible PS exclusives I've played, to the friendships forged online... thank you. You've given me countless hours of joy.

Here's to new beginnings, and to one last grand adventure on the PS5.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Happy Birthday GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Raven117

I mean...do what you want. But it seems like not a big deal to have a playstation hanging around for when you just want to sit on a couch and play some video games.

But do whatever you want.

Three

You've been banging this drum since 2023 haven't you? Nobody gives a shit, but glad you brought it back up closer to GTA6 release. Have fun.
I’ve playing on consoles and never owned a gaming PC until 4 months ago. The correct answer is PC. My only regret is not jumping sooner.

If this doesn’t convince people to move to PC I don’t know what will. PC became so easy to use even me with no technical knowledge can simply click and play.

Dude i’m talking from someone who moved to PC being a console player my whole life with very limited technical knowledge. I’m playing more and spending a lot less.

TLDR: No
TLDR: PC is a better investment

No better time to PC game than now.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Why ? You can play PC, Nintendo, Playstation...Why say goodbye? Maybe they will announce something you like, then...? You will come back ?
What can he play on Playstation that he can't on PC? This ain't the PS3 days anymore. Sony releases 4 to 5 exclusives a year in a good year with 3 to 4 of them going to PC eventually anyway.

It's a weird feeling. It's the end of an era for me.

I've been a Sony fanboy since the original PlayStation. Those chunky gray polygons hold so many childhood memories. I've upgraded with every generation, always excited for what Sony would bring next. And the PS5 has been amazing.

But life changes, and so do priorities. I'm moving entirely to PC and Nintendo gaming soon. It's the right call, but it's bittersweet.

That's why I finally snagged Rebirth during a recent sale. It's going to be the last PlayStation game I play on my PS5 after FF7R. It feels fitting.
I can't think of a better game to close this chapter with.

It's not just about the game; it's about saying goodbye to a console that's been a huge part of my life. To all the incredible PS exclusives I've played, to the friendships forged online... thank you. You've given me countless hours of joy.

Here's to new beginnings, and to one last grand adventure on the PS5.
Where did Jim Ryan and the Horizon guy touch you?

FeralEcho

You guys are so dramatic.

Why move to anything exclusively? It a bad idea unless it monetarily doesn't work for you.
How is he dramatic? If over 95% of the PS5 library is available on PC why tf would he still invest in the ecosystem when he can just start building his PC library.

Sony did this to themselves when they started releasing exclusives to PC, it's the same reason the Xbox is a dead console that no one gives a shit about and the reason people still care about Nintendo when all they produce is 2 generations old hardware. Exclusives matter.

I'm personally also going PC,this is my last generation with Playstation.

Three

What can he play on Playstation that he can't on PC? This ain't the PS3 days anymore. Sony releases 4 to 5 exclusives a year in a good year with 3 to 4 of them going to PC eventually anyway.
Rise of the ronin, Stellar Blade, Astrobot, FF Rebirth, just this year alone but if you want to assume all of them are coming and wait year(s) then the real question is what can you play on PC that isn't on Playstation. There aren't that many big releases on PC only. PC is a great platform but they're in no position to be talking about "what can you play" especially with GTA6 around the corner.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Rise of the ronin, Stellar Blade, Astrobot, FF Rebirth, just this year alone but if you want to assume all of them are coming and wait year(s) then the real question is what can you play on PC that isn't on Playstation. There aren't that many big releases on PC only. It's a great platform but they're in no position to be talking about "what can you play" especially with GTA6 around the corner.
Is 4 games(that might end up on PC anyway) a year worth 700+ dollars (what PS6 will most likely start its price from given the PRO).

For me it isnt.

If you have a PC it's making less and less sense nowadays to invest in a Playstation.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Where did Jim Ryan and the Horizon guy touch you?
On my.... wallet.
But honestly, PC gaming makes more sense for me now. It offers a wider variety of games and they're generally cheaper, especially since I'm not worried about getting games on release day anymore. I've already got a huge backlog to keep me busy. Plus, with a family, it's just not practical to keep extra consoles around 'just in case.

As for keeping Nintendo consoles, I wouldn't mind seeing thier games on PC, I don't expect it to happen, though anytime soon.

Three

Is 4 games(that might end up on PC anyway) a year worth 700+ dollars (what PS6 will most likely start its price from given the PRO).

For me it isnt.

If you have a PC it's making less and less sense nowadays to invest in a Playstation.
Nobody said buy a pro for those games but even then there is no difference in buying a $1000+ dollar PC to play those games late. We're talking about somebody who already has a PS5, not somebody who needs to spend $699.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Rise of the ronin, Stellar Blade, Astrobot, FF Rebirth, just this year alone but if you want to assume all of them are coming and wait year(s) then the real question is what can you play on PC that isn't on Playstation. There aren't that many big releases on PC only. PC is a great platform but they're in no position to be talking about "what can you play" especially with GTA6 around the corner.
Here's what PC has that PS5 doesnt:

-Full emulation library from the old NES days up to PS3 or Switch at 4k60.

-All Xbox games not on Playstation.

-Countless older PC games that aren't on modern consoles

-All these and modern games at higher resolutions and framerate than PS5 can do for most.

-Free Online

I'd take all that over 4 exclusives a year any day of the week lol

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
This seems like a post from an MS shadow marketing account, astroturfing people to persuade them to migrate to PC at the expense of PS 😆

But each to their own. I had to say goodbye to my gaming PC when I had a family, couldn't justify the space and the time inconvenience. I gave minimal gaming time so need to be in and out with maximum efficiency, so consoles are they best option for me. I still play PC games on Steam Deck and on Mac for games that it makes more sense.

FeralEcho

Nobody said buy a pro for those games but even then there is no difference in buying a $1000+ dollar PC to play those games late. We're talking about somebody who already has a PS5, not somebody who needs to spend $699.
I agree that you shouldn't sell your PS5 if you have one already but at the same time it's hard to still invest heavily in the console's ecosystem buying new games if you know for sure you won't buy its succesor so I get where he's coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom