• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

stickkidsam

You just getting more used to it. It runs the same
Man if that’s the case then I’m happy my brain hasn’t been ruined by 60FPS lol

I will say this, first time I booted up the game the intro FMV was choppy as hell, like so totally fucked it looked like it was trying to display 18 fps or something weird. When I restarted the game and started another new game it worked fine. It's possible that there is some bug at the start that has a chance to occur? I originally started my game before the download was fully finished, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.
I actually switched to graphics when I got to the grasslands. It stuttered a lot but I just rolled with it until I didn’t even see it. Either my eyes adjusted or perhaps like you said there’s some kind of bug related to it. Maybe enabling it takes a toll on the system before leveling out?

Playing through the game and quite enjoying it, but I just had to come in here real quick and gush for a minute, a decent while after finishing the fight with
Dyne:
Even though I can't immediately pinpoint most of the various composers work or styles, I will never get over how amazingly distinct and potent Masashi Hamauzu's pieces are, whether they're for cutscene or battle. His approaches to the latter always make me ascend, just incredible.

There have been so many good tracks all around (I seriously need the
Stamp theme remixes
from that one sidequest), can't wait for the soundtrack release next month

Last edited:

SCB3

Its quite obvious if you played Remake. They broke the main timeline. Zack is in a timeline where he survived the ambush and Avalanche got wiped out, which you see happen in the intro.
It’s not that obvious, like it’s not clear if this is the original timeline now or he’s in the new timeline

Like 3 chapters now where fuck all has happened other than an easy boss fight. Didn't even have materia equipped on my party for two of them as it makes so little difference.

So many shite mini games too. Skipping most of the side content but this makes a Ubisoft game seem like a tight narrative experience.

DF definitely not right about the frame rate in performance mode as it tanks in and out of combat past Junon.

This game is like 5% all time classic stuff, 35% great and 60% crap filler. Obviously I want to keep playing skipping as much of the filler as possible but damn this is one bloated game.

Jacob0101

Intel Cactuar 4 is broken for me. Can't pick up that stone.

7B6Iv1.png

jorgejjvr

Do tifa and Aerith have the same face? My wife watched me played randomly yesterday and she asked me

Why are those two girls the exact same. I was so confused, she meant they had the same face, just difference hair and body

Darchaos

75 hours in and soon done with ch 10. Love it sooo much, its just an awsome rpg. I do hate the chocobo minigame though, holy shit! Its easier to set up a flightplan and do presetup in an airbus a320, handfly it from sweden and set it down at newark in a rainstorm all done in vfr....

saintjules

Gold Member
Like 3 chapters now where fuck all has happened other than an easy boss fight. Didn't even have materia equipped on my party for two of them as it makes so little difference.

So many shite mini games too. Skipping most of the side content but this makes a Ubisoft game seem like a tight narrative experience.

DF definitely not right about the frame rate in performance mode as it tanks in and out of combat past Junon.

This game is like 5% all time classic stuff, 35% great and 60% crap filler. Obviously I want to keep playing skipping as much of the filler as possible but damn this is one bloated game.

Why continue playing something you're miserable about? I'd stop and do something else.

Why continue playing something you're miserable about? I'd stop and do something else.
The stuff that is good is worth playing. The story is very good, the music is amazing, the combat is good (if very badly balanced as story stuff is way too easy even under leveled and without materia then VR stuff can be crazy).

If this was a 30 hour game I'd have no complaints but there is also tons of shit that would get slammed if this game wasn't called Final Fantasy. I'm skipping it all now because it is shit but even skipping stuff you get chapters like the boat or Costa del Sol where you have 3 or 4 minutes worth of story and an hours worth of filler. Just ran through a chapter in maybe 10-15 minutes as I skipped all the side stuff - the balance is way off.

If these mini games and check box activities turn you on then your standards are very low.

The stuff that is good is worth playing. The story is very good, the music is amazing, the combat is good (if very badly balanced as story stuff is way too easy even under leveled and without materia then VR stuff can be crazy).

If this was a 30 hour game I'd have no complaints but there is also tons of shit that would get slammed if this game wasn't called Final Fantasy. I'm skipping it all now because it is shit but even skipping stuff you get chapters like the boat or Costa del Sol where you have 3 or 4 minutes worth of story and an hours worth of filler. Just ran through a chapter in maybe 10-15 minutes as I skipped all the side stuff - the balance is way off.

If these mini games and check box activities turn you on then your standards are very low.

The mini games are very good.

I look forward to all the Queen’s Blood challenges.

It adds variety to the game. This isn’t meant to be rushed in a weekend

The tail end of Ch 11 was the worst part of the game so far. I don't mind being forced to play with a particular party makeup, but being forced to play as ONLY Cait was not fun. Combined with the awful box throwing mechanic, it was a miserable time until the final part when I recognized the numbers on the wall and realized we were about to fight Lost Number. Also the Galian Beast fight was cool, though I'm a little disappointed the design is less Behemoth than the original

Speaking of the box throwing, was it horribly inaccurate for everyone or just me? I even tried it with the touchpad and it was worse lol

The tail end of Ch 11 was the worst part of the game so far. I don't mind being forced to play with a particular party makeup, but being forced to play as ONLY Cait was not fun. Combined with the awful box throwing mechanic, it was a miserable time until the final part when I recognized the numbers on the wall and realized we were about to fight Lost Number. Also the Galian Beast fight was cool, though I'm a little disappointed the design is less Behemoth than the original

Speaking of the box throwing, was it horribly inaccurate for everyone or just me? I even tried it with the touchpad and it was worse lol
Yeah it really sucked. I hate Cait to start so it didn't help. Even worse I just wasn't happy they added a filler dungeon to that part of the game. A "secret lab"..

Valonquar

Is there really enough stuff left for part 3? After where it leaves off there's running around the snowy mountain to see the crater, rocket town for the launch, Wutai, and a whole bunch of revisiting previous locations and then final dungeon. I guess they will stretch things out quite a bit and add in more nothing-burger alternate dimension bullshittery?

Is there really enough stuff left for part 3? After where it leaves off there's running around the snowy mountain to see the crater, rocket town for the launch, Wutai, and a whole bunch of revisiting previous locations and then final dungeon. I guess they will stretch things out quite a bit and add in more nothing-burger alternate dimension bullshittery?
I think the Highwind and the Submarine will be massively expanded upon. I think they will introduce a whole bunch of new islands and undersea locations. They seem to be hyping up Wutai a lot maybe that will be bigger than any town in this game?

Go_Ly_Dow

The classic FFs were filled with mini games. Particuarly the OG FF7. I think it's what made the game stand out, having not only a long narrative with high production values but also sub games within the game. They've been missing in the series and I'm glad they're back. I enjoy deviating from the main story and spending more time in the world, in previous locations etc... So I hope similar and new mini games are in future FF games going forward.

SkylineRKR

Part 3 will have its perks i'm sure. I now have about 60 hours clocked in Rebirth and still quite far from the finish line.

Storywise the original was at its best between Midgar and the northern continent with disc 2 being kind of meh save for some revelations.

However if you think about it part 3 can add many awesome things such as the Highwind, Submarine (+ sunken airplane?), Gold chocobo (perhaps breeding?). And I am gonna wager Knights of the Round and the elusive Round Isle will be a thing, likely heavily expanded with lore. And ofcourse Wutai will probably be very big in part 3.

Davesky

Finally started the game, replaying the demo section now on my new Hisense U8K. I’ve never been a graphics person at all but the difference in 4K and especially HDR is mindblowing. The Nibelheim section with the condensed materia for example now actually feels like it’s from the original experience on PS1, which when playing a month ago felt like a complete oversight. I’ve just reached the grasslands and continue to be blown away by the detail of the world, don’t think I’ll be rushing this game.

Last edited:
Chapter 12

Looked up the other Gold Saucer dates on YT and the Tifa one is by far the best.

Speaking of ...

ZzH0fx3.jpeg

rbelNty.jpeg

KqziGs8.jpeg
That is interesting because the Yuffie one I thought was actually really well done. I wanted to kick Cloud in the head for just sitting there lol

Really interested to go through the others, the Cid/Vincent one has to be hilarious

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I stopped completely after the mess that was the parade+boat+beach sections where almost 5-6 hours go by with very little gameplay and a lot of forced mini games. I thought Atreus sections in GOW were bad but at least it was somewhat competent storytelling and gameplay. This shit is just bad mini games no one would like even in indie games.

I am all for variety but this is too much. I left the game last week and havent gone back. Doubt I ever will but its clear that the game is full of this mini game shit seeing as how they force so many on you during the story campaign, and im not pushing myself through it all for hours just to see the story move an inch.

And yes, its clear from the reviews and the gamer reception that this is what gamers want nowadays. Not me, and im not going to waste my time playing it or arguing about it online. I suggest you do the same. Dragons Dogma and Rise of Ronin wont have these constant mini games and a much larger focus on combat. so just wait a couple of weeks for that.

Last edited:
I stopped completely after the mess that was the parade+boat+beach sections where almost 5-6 hours go by with very little gameplay and a lot of forced mini games. I thought Atreus sections in GOW were bad but at least it was somewhat competent storytelling and gameplay. This shit is just bad mini games no one would like even in indie games.

I am all for variety but this is too much. I left the game last week and havent gone back. Doubt I ever will but its clear that the game is full of this mini game shit seeing as how they force so many on you during the story campaign, and im not pushing myself through it all for hours just to see the story move an inch.

And yes, its clear from the reviews and the gamer reception that this is what gamers want nowadays. Not me, and im not going to waste my time playing it or arguing about it online. I suggest you do the same. Dragons Dogma and Rise of Ronin wont have these constant mini games and a much larger focus on combat. so just wait a couple of weeks for that.

Your loss, there are other games if you don’t want the variety on display here.

Doomtrain

I'm feeling a lot like this as well. There are moments in this game that I love, and the underlying combat system is excellent, but I often feel like the game doesn't want me to experience those things. There's a good FF game somewhere in here, but it's buried under a mountain of padding.

Get the hell out of here with that low standards Bullshit.

What you like or dislike have absolutely zero baring on standards or whatever anyone may like or dislike

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Cosmo canyon trials are boring as fuck. And what they did to red character is criminal.

Anyway. Game is great all the open world bloat aside as it gets a bit tiresome. Still have some way to go I presume !!!
Can deadzones be adjusted? Seem a bit big on right stick

Btw. Oled users - are you using hgig or dtm? I find switching and using dtm more.

Funny thing is, the next few hours right after you stopped are actually really good and mini-game free. A smaller open-zone section, then a linear dungeon with a good boss fight, then another linear dungeon with another boss fight, then a town, now another smaller open world zone. But the Gold Saucer is on the horizon, so more mini games soon.

Dynasty8

Cosmo canyon trials are boring as fuck.
And what they did to red character is criminal.

Anyway. Game is great all the open world bloat aside as it gets a bit tiresome. Still have some way to go I presume !!!
Can deadzones be adjusted? Seem a bit big on right stick

Btw. Oled users - are you using hgig or dtm? I find switching and using dtm more.

So fucking bad.....ruined the character for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

But you seem didn’t liked Elden Ring either even tho that game is solely focus on combat.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The classic FFs were filled with mini games. Particuarly the OG FF7. I think it's what made the game stand out, having not only a long narrative with high production values but also sub games within the game. They've been missing in the series and I'm glad they're back. I enjoy deviating from the main story and spending more time in the world, in previous locations etc... So I hope similar and new mini games are in future FF games going forward.

The FFXIII and VII Rebirth haters have to primarily be composed of different people. Cause back then....

j0hnnix

I'm on chapter 11 and finally stopped, this is an amazing roller coaster. I can believe I have to wait so long for the finale. I'm debating heading back to grasslands and doing some of chadleys battle Intel to get plasma and enemy weakness for yuffie build and start working on getting Alexander/Odin, Leviathan is also on my list. sooo much to do.

Doomtrain

The FFXIII and VII Rebirth haters have to primarily be composed of different people. Cause back then....
I wouldn't call myself a "hater" of either game, but I think they're both pretty average (so far, at least -- still hoping Rebirth's pacing gets better). "Linear and empty" is a valid problem the former has. "Bloated with bad pacing" is a valid issue I have with the latter. They both exist at different extremes, and the sweet spot for me is somewhere in the middle.

Boneless

I'm feeling a lot like this as well. There are moments in this game that I love, and the underlying combat system is excellent, but I often feel like the game doesn't want me to experience those things. There's a good FF game somewhere in here, but it's buried under a mountain of padding.
The minigames are what made the original FF7 special (among many other elements), they are absolutely not padding and the execution is excellent. People looking for a simple action game are not in the right place here.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Majority of them are optional, if you don't want to do them then don’t?

Last edited:

Roufianos

About an hour and a half in, wow this game looks like ass even in graphics mode.

I'm sure I'll love it regardless but damn.

Top Bottom