• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Erigu

Hmm. I'm up through floor 30 of Last Mission.
Again, seems like for some reason it doesn't see my X-2 file. Maybe because I have so many?
For instance, at this floor they are supposed to talk about the results of Besaid's Chapter 5 events, but I got the generic version instead.
I seem to remember reading in the new Ultimania guide that the conversations no longer change depending on your main game savefile.
Not sure why they'd remove that.

XJF

Hmm, decided to get back to X after a XIV break, ^o^.

My PS4 collector's edition will arrive Monday as will my new computer! I was in the PS3 beta and both PS4 betas, decided to wait until legit PS4 launch to buy as my backlog is large enough as it is.
Games I've bought and not completed/played: Tearaway, SC: Blacklist, Puppeteer, South Park, Infamous SS, Thief, Knack, MGSV:GZ, MGRising: Revengeance, Skylanders, and soon to be FFXIV. I won't start that until I plat X-2...

Do the lightning towers mini-game in FFX-2 bring anything noteworthy down the road?

The tower 7 is in my opinion impossible, the 10 doable (got to 29...), but hard.

Doesn't add any percentage to completion so I skipped it. Fuck that

Holmes

Is the reason it's advised not to dig in Bikanel before chapter 5 to fight Experiment at level 1-1-1?

Calibration towers: if you're playing on the Vita, press the Home button when you need to, and resume the game and press the right buttons right away. You'll get it.

XJF

Is the reason it's advised not to dig in Bikanel before chapter 5 to fight Experiment at level 1-1-1?

Calibration towers: if you're playing on the Vita, press the Home button when you need to, and resume the game and press the right buttons right away. You'll get it.

100% doesn't say you have to fight it at 1-1-1, just says once BELOW 5-5-5 and once AT 5-5-5. My first fight with it was when it was at 1-2-1

SOURCE

Croc

Banned
Can anyone direct me to where to find Machea in Omega Ruins? I have 10 of everything else but have never seen even one of them. I'm assuming I'm just in a wrong area but I've even reset a few times to try and change spawn rates but still none.

So I totally lost track of counting (and deliberately restarted my counting ever so often) and ended up dodging....475 bolts! And that, as they say is that. Never ever doing that quest again. Twice in my life is enough.

Saphirax

Can anyone direct me to where to find Machea in Omega Ruins? I have 10 of everything else but have never seen even one of them. I'm assuming I'm just in a wrong area but I've even reset a few times to try and change spawn rates but still none.

That's just unlucky. I found most of them near the Save Sphere. They're rare, but not that rare.

I found them when I went straight up from the save sphere (and the 4 way crossroad) and then to the right to the small loopy thing.

FINALLY got the perfect sphere master trophy. That was ass. Now all I'm missing is to finish the game and watch Eternal Calm.

Flandy

One Eye is pretty lacking in the HP department. Auron can likely kill it in two hits with the Masamune at 1 HP and around 80-90 strength. May want to give that a shot if his stats are high enough.
I have enough Str I just always use the save sphere right after the fight so Auron is never low enough lol.

Whats the AP trick?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0HE4glnWcY
Just make sure to Equip the AP weapons on the rest of the party too. The person who made this video seems to have forgotten. If you have any questions ask here.
That is strange flandy. I am using the ap trick with out the triple overdrive ability and is getting a solid 20 sphere levels for all 3 of my characters.
The person in the video I linked above forgot to equip the AP weapons on the other characters so only the person getting killed by Tonberry got the AP

Affection FAQ? Wtf is this!?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/faqs/38776

I had no idea this mechanic was happening in the game -_-

Hmm, this explains why Lulu throws the ball for me, and
those surprisingly affectionate lines while fighting Sin. "A day with you is never dull!" "Let's go! Just you and me!" (wtf!)

edit: AHAHAHA at that
convo when you ride with Auron. Super disappointed they didn't ride on the same snowmobile

Fot the AP weapon trick: remember to unequip any Break HP Limit accessories from the ''stoic'' character. That increases the AP earned. Learned it lil too late myself.

^^Yup that line is totally out of place for Lulu :lol. I have her as the the character with most points too.

Flandy

Fot the AP weapon trick: remember to unequip any Break HP Limit accessories from the ''stoic'' character. That increases the AP earned. Learned it lil too late myself.

^^Yup that line is totally out of place for Lulu :lol. I have her as the the character with most points too.

Don't have any break HP armor but thanks for the tip anyway. Why does it increase the AP?

Saphirax

Don't have any break HP armor but thanks for the tip anyway. Why does it increase the AP?

I presume it's because the less HP you have the more damage you'll take. The more damage you take in a single hit the more your OD increases. There is a bigger difference when you have 9999 max hp and get hit for 4k, than when you have 10-99k hp and get hit for the same amount.

Wazzy

Banned
Still on X, needs tips on boss post Bevelle.
Fighting Seymor second time. Tips?

If you're struggling against him I'd recommend leveling up in the area before the fight. I breezed through the fight after so the best advice I can give is poison him and haste up.

burgerdog

I loved it for some reason. Was voyeuristic as hell, and feels like something that would belong in a Metal Gear game. But there was quite a bit of the mundane to sit through iirc. Maybe I just found it relaxing.

It is relaxing, but I just feel like running around and battling right now. I think it's just a tad too long, maybe if you didn't have to exit the sphere and connect again it would have been much easier to sit through.

DPtheGod

Gaf,
in Khimari's fight against the two ronso, if you dont get their special skills like White Wind, can you still get the blue magic trophy?

kept getting wrecked in the Sphere Break finals. Started taking screenshots of the board on my vita so I could plan my moves slowly. Absolutely dominated after that.

yes I am a piece of shit

I believe there's no missable Ronso Rage, but you could end up delaying the last one.

---

I'm using this 100% guide for X-2. Is there no difference between vanilla and International for 100%? If the FAQ doesn't mention "don't go here", can I just go there? I sometimes feel like exploring/grinding.

Saphirax

I believe there's no missable Ronso Rage, but you could end up delaying the last one.

---

I'm using this 100% guide for X-2. Is there no difference between vanilla and International for 100%? If the FAQ doesn't mention "don't go here", can I just go there? I sometimes feel like exploring/grinding.

Sometimes starting a mission before talking to someone can screw you over. You'd have to be really careful and for later % you'd actually have to remember everything you did just so you can know whether you're on track or not.

Personally, I'd just stick to the guide. It's a lot safer that way.

Levyne

Banned
Floor 40 boss destroyed a bunch of my dressspheres :/

Getting to the top is gonna be really tough.

Edit: Hmm. Got a restart guide item which allows me to start the tower over with current level and items. Think I will do that.

0HKxFDC.jpg

Aww Yiss, Platinum get!

This is probably the most tedious platinum for me thus far and I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I was playing on PS3. Vita was perfect for grinds since you could do it on the side while doing something else. Anyway, FFX is a great game. One of the best in the series IMO, right behind 7 perhaps. The HD port was great too so that is a big plus.

Time to start downloading X-2. Finally!

Flandy

0HKxFDC.jpg

Aww Yiss, Platinum get!

This is probably the most tedious platinum for me thus far and I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I was playing on PS3. Vita was perfect for grinds since you could do it on the side while doing something else. Anyway, FFX is a great game. One of the best in the series IMO, right behind 7 perhaps. The HD port was great too so that is a big plus.

Time to start downloading X-2. Finally!

I''ve got the two super boss trophies and both Sphere trophies left. Almost there :D

Tiamant

So, Azi Dahaka...

If I complete the music puzzle he goes away forever? In that case I'll grind a bit more because right now he's wrecking me. Funny that the guard is stronger than the thing it's protecting.

Flandy

One Eye is pretty lacking in the HP department. Auron can likely kill it in two hits with the Masamune at 1 HP and around 80-90 strength. May want to give that a shot if his stats are high enough.

Holy crap. Thank you suggesting this. Have Auron doing 99k damage with 1 hp left

Carbonox

Is it better to have one or two Ribbon armors in your main 3?

So say my numero uno team is Tidus, Wakka and Yuna/Rikku (former for Aeons and latter for Mix), how many of them should have a Ribbon ultimate armor vs an ultimate armor with Auto-Potion instead?

I know the following is what is a must at the least:

Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Protect

Ideally I'd like to set one armor per character with the combination of the three covering both the arena monsters and dark aeons (for at least the ones I do fight normally instead of using Yojimbo).

I'm just torn whether I should have 2 ribbon armors and 1 potion armor or have 1 character with a ribbon armor and the other 2 with potion armors. Or does it really matter as long as there is at least one?

Flandy

About to start the Don Tonberry trick but for some reason I can't customize double overdrive on to weapons? I can only put triple overdrive on them. halp

chris-013

Damn I'm so stupid... I farmed ghosts (in the cavern for the no encounters mod) for hours then I realised I can kill them instantly in the monster arena...

Top Bottom