• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I know I'm supposed to be filling in all the Sphere Grid slots with other spheres but right now I have about 12 of those (mix of HP, Strength, ect). So, where do I get more en mass? And is there a way to organize this catastrophic mess of a Sphere Grid? Sphere's that clear off other spheres or something?

I haven't beaten Yojimbo yet or anything. I just barely got my Sphere Level equipment sorted out.

I found this guide.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/46942
I will just look at it and return with any further questions I hope I won't have.

Levyne

Banned
This is what I wrote up on Last Mission. I have no idea if that helps.

It feels really daunting at first but after like 7 floors you get the hang of it.

Getting a restart book around the middle of the tower and using it is what saved my run. It seems like stepping backwards, but you get so many more dresses and levels and you one shot everything for a long time so it's not stressful at all.

Only thing that could suck is not getting the items needed to get into the tonberry rooms.

coolasj19

Which Chocobo race is harder? 0:00.00 or 5 treasure chests?
Chocobo Catcher took me 20 minutes. Using the D-Pad for fine tuning left and right adjustments and getting lucky with ballon placement made it super duper easy.

Chest Chocobo is completely and totally skillbased. I wore the hell out of that waggle technique to keep between the borders. It took me an hour but for some people they did it as easily as I do Chocobo Catcher.

They are both equally difficult.

XJF

This is what I wrote up on Last Mission. I have no idea if that helps.

It feels really daunting at first but after like 7 floors you get the hang of it.

Getting a restart book around the middle of the tower and using it is what saved my run. It seems like stepping backwards, but you get so many more dresses and levels and you one shot everything for a long time so it's not stressful at all.

Only thing that could suck is not getting the items needed to get into the tonberry rooms.

I remember you posting that but didn't want to search back to find it. I think LM may be the worst thing ever added to a FF game... I got to floow 10 but dicked around and got stomped. I'm on 7 right now. I'm getting the hang of it, but it's still not very pleasant. i'd rather 100% X-2 in one go again than do this shit...

Flandy

Chocobo Catcher took me 20 minutes. Using the D-Pad for fine tuning left and right adjustments and getting lucky with ballon placement made it super duper easy.

Chest Chocobo is completely and totally skillbased. I wore the hell out of that waggle technique to keep between the borders. It took me an hour but for some people they did it as easily as I do Chocobo Catcher.

They are both equally difficult.

At least Chest Chocobo only made me want to throw my Vita at the wall 20% of the time unlike Chocobo Race which was 100% of the time

coolasj19

At least Chest Chocobo only made me want to throw my Vita at the wall 20% of the time unlike Chocobo Race which was 100% of the time
I've thrown my Vita 3 times in the last year. And each time I've realized what the fuck I was doing about an inch from the apex of my throw and then held onto it for a fraction of a second longer and threw it vertically down onto my bed instead. I used to have a wrist thing for it but I used to throw it more often and since it was still attached to my hand I literally threw myself into things and my Vita hit me in the chest and arms all the times...

So, Final Fantasy 10. I think I'm gonna run Tidus, Wakka, and/or Auron through the Sphere Grid without grinding out anything else. I'll then go on to absolutely wreck anything I face in a minimum amount of moves. I think it'll take longer but the 2nd half of grinding will be exponentially. Actually, this is probably the way you're supposed to do it right?

XJF

Since floors and treasures on them are randomly generated, after I save could I not just reload until a floor with Character LVL + X appears? May be slightly cheap, but i don't entirely care lol

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wowwww the cardboard cutout audience in the stands is so old school! Like even beyond PS2 oldschool! More importantly after a million billion soft-resets the Aurochs won the championship! And immediately a new season begins?! They weren't kidding when they said blitzballs the only entertainment they got. Sheesh. Open a dang amusement park! In other news Ovan... er... Auron is the mysterious mastermind and Tidus's dad is an even bigger jerk then previously thought!

Wakka gets Distill Ability early on. It makes enemies always drop Ability Spheres.
I checked an saw that I'm right by the node for it but I dun got any ability spheres with which to unlock it x_x

How much do i need to pay Yojimbo to Zanmato Dark Aeons? Ive never used him before so compatibility is 0.

Edit: gah, i guess this doesn't work against dark anima?

So is there no way to get Wakka's Sigil without the data reset thing? That sucks.

I've got Auron, Lulu and Yuna's ultimate weapons now, getting through them quicker than I thought. Doing the Bikanel cactuar quest now.
Absolutely dreading going back to the chocobo race.
I did the Remiem treasures in about half hour, that wasn't too bad, but getting 0.00.00 seem impossible right now.

Atlantis

I checked an saw that I'm right by the node for it but I dun got any ability spheres with which to unlock it x_x

Since you're past Luca, starting in the next area there will be enemies that drop Ability Spheres. Look for Dual Horns on the Mi'ihen Highroad.

entremet

I'm going to have use Yojimbo on Dark Bahamut. I don't want to, but I missed the Sun Crest after fighting Yunalesca and that idiot blocks my way. Such horrible placement.

I paid Yojimbo his asking price. Is there anything special for ensuring a One Hit kill via Overdrive? Does Jimbo have an invisible ''friendship" system?

Saphirax

I'm going to have use Yojimbo on Dark Bahamut. I don't want to, but I missed the Sun Crest after fighting Yunalesca and that idiot blocks my way. Such horrible placement.

I paid Yojimbo his asking price. Is there anything special for ensuring a One Hit kill via Overdrive? Does Jimbo have an invisible ''friendship" system?

Yep. His affection rises based on your actions towards him and the attacks he uses. Him having a full OD bar means he's more likely to use Zanmato.

If you summon and immediately dismiss him, his affection lowers. If he dies, his affection lowers. If he uses his dog to attack his affection lowers.

Also, never pay him less than 1024.

As expected, I soon as I found out how the Creature Capture worked I ignored the main story and started catching, raising and releasing fiends.

Those fiend tales though. I want to who what the employees were smoking when they thought them up.

It is going to be like 10 hours before I even go to Mt. Gagazet for the first time.

I can't for the life of me beat Dark youjimbo, Urgh! Any tips? I have auto-protect and max defense on my party, but I still get one-shotted when he uses wakizashi -.-

entremet

Yep. His affection rises based on your actions towards him and the attacks he uses. Him having a full OD bar means he's more likely to use Zanmato.

If you summon and immediately dismiss him, his affection lowers. If he dies, his affection lowers. If he uses his dog to attack his affection lowers.

Also, never pay him less than 1024.

Yes. Sun Crest is mine! That will teach these developers from hiding important content behind super bosses.

Next is Dark Valefor for my Jecht Sphere and Al Bhed trophy.

Finalow

So, Final Fantasy 10. I think I'm gonna run Tidus, Wakka, and/or Auron through the Sphere Grid without grinding out anything else. I'll then go on to absolutely wreck anything I face in a minimum amount of moves. I think it'll take longer but the 2nd half of grinding will be exponentially. Actually, this is probably the way you're supposed to do it right?
you could grind a few more, it's just a matter of letting them doing at least one action in battles and they get all the points.

still, I didn't remember the game to be this easy. it's basically a party of 7 + all the aeons you got vs the enemy. also well, Rikku overdrive = gg you win.
(not talking about optional bosses here, those might be a pain if you don't abuse some cheap tricks.)

entremet

Is there a way to tell which nodes were previously empty? I know I used some of the with the story based spheres, but I can't remember which. I'm using the Expert Sphere grid and want to start stat maxing soon.

Is there a way to tell which nodes were previously empty? I know I used some of the with the story based spheres, but I can't remember which. I'm using the Expert Sphere grid and want to start stat maxing soon.

The only suggestion I can think of is finding a picture of the base expert sphere grid online and compare it to your current sphere grid in game.

MSMrRound

I have gotten a bit tired of farming for the grid sphere. Probably only have Penance and Sphere Grid maxed for all characters trophies left. I'll probably save those for another day...

Should I jump into FFX2 since I already got the story for FFX completed and all? Anyone mind linking me to a 100% guide for it? (I got the Brady guide...but I'm not too sure if it's entirely reliable...) Thanks!

Finally got the hang of blitzball! This is actually moderately enjoyable now that I understand wtf is going on. Thanks for all the help guys!

Question, though. I won my first tournament, got a Reels overdrive, but now I can't enter any more tournaments. How do I get them to come back?

Ourobolus

Banned
I have gotten a bit tired of farming for the grid sphere. Probably only have Penance and Sphere Grid maxed for all characters trophies left. I'll probably save those for another day...

Should I jump into FFX2 since I already got the story for FFX completed and all? Anyone mind linking me to a 100% guide for it? (I got the Brady guide...but I'm not too sure if it's entirely reliable...) Thanks!

Actually, I'd like to know this too. Is the Brady Guide good enough to give you all of the info to get 100%?

entremet

Finally got the hang of blitzball! This is actually moderately enjoyable now that I understand wtf is going on. Thanks for all the help guys!

Question, though. I won my first tournament, got a Reels overdrive, but now I can't enter any more tournaments. How do I get them to come back?
Play a league game.

Saphirax

I can't for the life of me beat Dark youjimbo, Urgh! Any tips? I have auto-protect and max defense on my party, but I still get one-shotted when he uses wakizashi -.-

Get 20% defense as well on your armor and he won't be able to one-shot you outside of his overdrive.

Exit out of the Blitzball menu 3 times, then a new tournament will appear.

Jisgsaw

Actually, I'd like to know this too. Is the Brady Guide good enough to give you all of the info to get 100%?

I'm only in chapter 3, but so far the brady guide was pretty good.
Having the short 100% checklist + the detailed description of each area a few pages before is pretty usefull, and precise enough.

But I'm not in chap. 4, where things gets trickier.

They respawn every few games. Or if you enter and exit the menu a few times.

XJF

I used a combination of the Brady Guide and THIS guide to get my 100% walkthrough. Just follow the guide I linked and Brady guide to the letter.

Maxim726X

I want to throw my fucking Vita against a wall... I can't stand the stupid fucking chocobo race. Who designed that shit show? It controls like utter fucking trash.

... Thought venting would make me feel better. Nope, still seething. It's just stupid bullshit, and I'd have more fun watching paint dry.

entremet

I want to throw my fucking Vita against a wall... I can't stand the stupid fucking chocobo race. Who designed that shit show? It controls like utter fucking trash.

... Thought venting would make me feel better. Nope, still seething. It's just stupid bullshit, and I'd have more fun watching paint dry.

Yep, it's garbage. A lot of these sidequest are nightmare fuel. Why did they go so wacky in FFX with these sidequest? I don't remember the PS1 FF's being this dumb.

Hours and Hours of blitzball, which is super easy and tedious once you have the Jetch shot and a decent roster.
Broken and random/luck based races
Dodging 200 damn bolts.

Just horrible. I love this game, though.

XJF

I love making enemies feel useless lol had trouble with Lesser Drakes Flame Breath, equipped Dresses that made me fireproof. Next proof I could make was Iceproof, 2 floors later I encounter Protean Gel who only uses Blizzard lol

XJF

Isnt Dark Anima fought in a place you have to swim to? Meaning no Yuna. Or am i wrong?

You have to "unlock" Dark Anima by redoing the three color swim thing on Gagazet again, but Dark Anima is actually fought at the Base of Mt. Gagazet. One screen before where a Ronso Boss fight was in the main game.

Saphirax

Isnt Dark Anima fought in a place you have to swim to? Meaning no Yuna. Or am i wrong?

No, you go there and do the blitz minigame and she appears outside of Mt. Gagazet.

You have to "unlock" Dark Anima by redoing the three color swim thing on Gagazet again, but Dark Anima is actually fought at the Base of Mt. Gagazet. One screen before where a Ronso Boss fight was in the main game.

Minor correction - it's the other game you need to do to unlock her - the one where Wakka has to throw his ball into the center.

XJF

Minor correction - it's the other game you need to do to unlock her - the one where Wakka has to throw his ball into the center.

You're right lol My bad. I'm so caught up with trying to speed through LM as effectively as possible that I'm not thinking straight.

Get auto haste on everyone. Your first move should be auto life. Thereafter, anytime someone dies, always make autolifing them your next move. You literally can't lose this way. Just make sure to summon an aeon if his OD bar fills up

Anyone want to give me an estimate as to how long I have left? No intention of doing side stuff, just wanna finish FFX so I can finally play FFX2 for the first time. Im just arriving to
beville for yuna's wedding
. I want to see if I can finish it sometime this weekend.

Saphirax

Get auto haste on everyone. Your first move should be auto life. Thereafter, anytime someone dies, always make autolifing them your next move. You literally can't lose this way. Just make sure to summon an aeon if his OD bar fills up

I find that approach too risky, especially since he Ambushes you the first time you fight him.

You'll only be able to Auto Life one person and then you'll have to hope he doesn't kill everyone. If he does kill everyone, you'll only get one turn with the person who has Auto Life. Even if you use Mega Phoenix, you won't have time for another Auto Life.

I think it'd be better, if they followed that strat, for them to have someone with Firststrike then replace them with Yuna who'd summon an Aeon to soak up the first attack he does.

I find that approach too risky, especially since he Ambushes you the first time you fight him.

You'll only be able to Auto Life one person and then you'll have to hope he doesn't kill everyone. If he does kill everyone, you'll only get one turn with the person who has Auto Life. Even if you use Mega Phoenix, you won't have time for another Auto Life.

I think it'd be better, if they followed that strat, for them to have someone with Firststrike then replace them with Yuna who'd summon an Aeon to soak up the first attack he does.

He only ambushes you the very first time you fight him. And if he Wakizahis you right away, your first guy will revive, then use a Mega-Phoenix. If he Wakizashis you again just reload your save, you won't have lost anything since it was only the first fight. After the first fight, you just keep doing 3x Auto-Life each time he Wakizashis you.

Maxim726X

Yep, it's garbage. A lot of these sidequest are nightmare fuel. Why did they go so wacky in FFX with these sidequest? I don't remember the PS1 FF's being this dumb.

Hours and Hours of blitzball, which is super easy and tedious once you have the Jetch shot and a decent roster.
Broken and random/luck based races
Dodging 200 damn bolts.

Just horrible. I love this game, though.

I couldn't agree more... I've been trying for at least 6 hours now. I can't fucking take it anymore, the game is such bullshit. I have to put it down before I murder someone.

XJF

Auto-Haste, max Magic. Double cast Flare (Or Ultima, but attack animation for Ultima takes FOREVEEEEEEER). have last person from your set of turns switch out for Yuna so she can Summon a meat shield. Return to double-casting Flare. All 5 battles took a total of 50 Minutes when I did this back in March.

Atlantis

Wow, lots of opinions on this...

-Quick Hit him.
-If your Luck isn't high enough to give you a decent chance of hitting him, use Aim.
-Whenever he gets a turn, summon an Aeon.

Just revive your Aeons before each fight.

Top Bottom