• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Saphirax

He only ambushes you the very first time you fight him. And if he Wakizahis you right away, your first guy will revive, then use a Mega-Phoenix. If he Wakizashis you again just reload your save, you won't have lost anything since it was only the first fight. After the first fight, you just keep doing 3x Auto-Life each time he Wakizashis you.

Yeah, that's what I meant. He does use Wakizashi a lot, I kept reloading but he'd use it every time.

Since the person who asked for help already has maxed defense and Auto-Protect, the easiest way to defeat him would be just to add Defense 20% on his armor.

Or, as mentioned, Aeon soak. Though that takes a bit longer.

Question for those familiar with the FX-2 Creature Creator.

Does anyone know the attacks brother needs to be hit by to learn his unique moves?

I know seed burst gives him one, since I got it, but I don't know any others.

Balphon

Question for those familiar with the FX-2 Creature Creator.

Does anyone know the attacks brother needs to be hit by to learn his unique moves?

I know seed burst gives him one, since I got it, but I don't know any others.

If he's like most other fiends and it's the move I'm thinking of, any high-power move (e.g. Ultima) should work if his level is high enough. Try fighting a Machina Panzer and getting it to use Sorcery Ray on him.

The automatic ability learning seems to work with broad categories of moves rather than specific ones. e.g., If you use a healing move on the fiend, it'll learn whatever heal it learns naturally.

entremet

I couldn't agree more... I've been trying for at least 6 hours now. I can't fucking take it anymore, the game is such bullshit. I have to put it down before I murder someone.

It actually wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the awful controls.

This is why JRPG teams shouldn't mess with stuff like this. If I want to exercise my gaming dexterity, give me some good controls like Mario games or decent racing games.

If anyone's interested, I crafted auto-phoenix, auto-protect, auto-haste and ribbon armor for yuna and auto-protect,stoneproof, auto-phoenix and defense+10% for Wakka and Auron.

Anyways I ended up Zanmato'ing him 5 times in a row, only took me about 50minutes. Also Zanmato'd Penance now. Finished Aurons and Yunas Sphere Grid but still haven't done Lightning Dodgind and Chocobo Catcher :(

Flandy

I've thrown my Vita 3 times in the last year. And each time I've realized what the fuck I was doing about an inch from the apex of my throw and then held onto it for a fraction of a second longer and threw it vertically down onto my bed instead. I used to have a wrist thing for it but I used to throw it more often and since it was still attached to my hand I literally threw myself into things and my Vita hit me in the chest and arms all the times...

So, Final Fantasy 10. I think I'm gonna run Tidus, Wakka, and/or Auron through the Sphere Grid without grinding out anything else. I'll then go on to absolutely wreck anything I face in a minimum amount of moves. I think it'll take longer but the 2nd half of grinding will be exponentially. Actually, this is probably the way you're supposed to do it right?
I took the 3 of them around the sphere grid once. After I was done with that I filled in each node.

XJF

Just beat Floor 20 boss of LAST MISSION. Just picked up Restart Guide (2), so if I get into any trouble I can just restart and get some more Dresses to level up my shit. This is actually much more amusing when you're doing well. I'm almost so I was hating on it so hard.

ZeroX03

Banned
Got up to floor 10 of Last Mission... I don't mind Roguelikes, but Last Mission really feels like an afterthought. It's just not that good. I'll power through though, it's only 80 floors.

It takes a shitload of turns to get off Aim x5 and Luck x5 though, and you're gonna lose all your effort as soon as he Wakizashi's you. Even with 70 luck I was having a hard time hitting him. I didn't start hitting him consistently until I had 100 luck.

It only took me about an hour to farm enough fortune spheres to get my 3 mains up to 100 luck.

It took you significantly more than an hour, you need ~60 fortune spheres to get 3 characters up to 100 luck and there is no low luck strategy that takes so little time to beat him.

The Aim/Luck/block with Aeon strategy is faster than farming 100 luck for one character, much less three.

Finalow

FFX
uhm, Seymour? Unless I'm missing something, still didn't finish the game, it doesn't make much sense what happened to him.
He died, ok. but then "hey no one sent him so there he is, like if he's alive, kissing Yuna and doing everything" ... what is this bullshit? If you don't send someone it's going to become some sort of a zombie? Then the entire fucking world should be full of 'zombies'.
I thought he didn't die and that would have been a better explanation than this.

ZeroX03

Banned
FFX
uhm, Seymour? Unless I'm missing something, still didn't finish the game, it doesn't make much sense what happened to him.
He died, ok. but then "hey no one sent him so there he is, like if he's alive, kissing Yuna and doing everything" ... what is this bullshit? If you don't send someone it's going to become some sort of a zombie? Then the entire fucking world should be full of 'zombies'.
I thought he didn't die and that would have been a better explanation than this.

If someone dies, are not sent and they have strong feelings it'll tie them to the world and they can retain their human form (Seymour,
Mika, Auron
). It doesn't mean they will.

Most of the unsent don't keep their human forms, and become fiends. So yes, the world is full of 'zombies', they're the fiends you fight. When you defeat them they evaporate into pyreflies.

So yeah, it's explained pretty well.

Jisgsaw

It took you significantly more than an hour, you need ~60 fortune spheres to get 3 characters up to 100 luck and there is no low luck strategy that takes so little time to beat him.

The Aim/Luck/block with Aeon strategy is faster than farming 100 luck for one character, much less three.

According to someone on this topic, just brut forcing Earth Eater takes around 2 minutes.
So yeah, around one hour.

Saphirax

FFX

That was explained, somewhat, in Guadosalam when Yuna sent his father. They still had strong emotional connections to Spira that's why they remained there.

Also, at the beginning of the game, Lulu explains that people who don't get sent eventually turn into fiends. Seymour maintains his appearance and consciousness because he has a strong desire to accomplish his task.

Phototropic

Neo Member
I took a break from X after I
defeated Yunalesca.
The side quests got a little boring for me, but if I were to go ahead and finish the story, how much time am I looking at from here? Thanks.

Only Last Mission left for me from the collection.... the gameplay is confusing the hell out of me :\

It seems hard, complicated and not fun to play at all.

How long is LM anyway?

I'm extremely interested in the story but I can't even get myself to play.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Finalow

That was explained, somewhat, in Guadosalam when Yuna sent his father. They still had strong emotional connections to Spira that's why they remained there.

Also, at the beginning of the game, Lulu explains that people who don't get sent eventually turn into fiends. Seymour maintains his appearance and consciousness because he has a strong desire to accomplish his task.

If someone dies, are not sent and they have strong feelings it'll tie them to the world and they can retain their human form (Seymour,
Mika, Auron
). It doesn't mean they will.

Most of the unsent don't keep their human forms, and become fiends. So yes, the world is full of 'zombies', they're the fiends you fight. When you defeat them they evaporate into pyreflies.

So yeah, it's explained pretty well.
oh I see, I was missing that part of "if not sent and have strong feelings etc.", thanks.
makes sense I guess. I didn't reach the part of
Mika saying that he's dead
when I wrote that post and also yeah,
Auron being dead
was almost obvious.

FFX

Normally, people who died can find their own way to the Farplane as long as they accepted death. People who refuse to accept their death remain Unsent. The problem is that if you remain as an Unsent long enough, you may develop feelings of envy/hate towards the living which turns you into a fiend. If you could keep your head clear by having a very strong will (usually because you want to accomplish something), you don't turn into a fiend. They're very very rare though,. I'm not even sure how the process of living->unsent looks like, or if they need to eat, or if they can reproduce.

Sending dead people just guarantees they go to the Farplane, whether or not they accepted death.

Good call with
Auron though. I think it was hinted at least twice (Seymour commenting on the smell of the Farplane on him, plus Auron avoiding Yuna when she performed a sending.

Joni

Good call with
Auron though. I think it was hinted at least twice (Seymour commenting on the smell of the Farplane on him, plus Auron avoiding Yuna when she performed a sending.
There is also the moment Seymour's father appeared and he visibily suffered from the sending.

Saphirax

Normally, people who died can find their own way to the Farplane as long as they accepted death. People who refuse to accept their death remain Unsent. The problem is that if you remain as an Unsent long enough, you may develop feelings of envy/hate towards the living which turns you into a fiend. If you could keep your head clear by having a very strong will (usually because you want to accomplish something), you don't turn into a fiend. They're very very rare though,. I'm not even sure how the process of living->unsent looks like, or if they need to eat, or if they can reproduce.

Sending dead people just guarantees they go to the Farplane, whether or not they accepted death.

Good call with

Auron also avoided going into the Farplane when the rest of the pary went (besides Rikku, who stayed out as well).

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not even sure how the process of living->unsent looks like, or if they need to eat, or if they can reproduce.

It's inconsistent and they don't dwell on it too hard, probably don't want to to focus on the logical inconsistencies.

For example, Auron
ages naturally and appears to be able to fight, act and do everything as per normal. While others don't appear to age at all.
While Seymour
changes shape to something not-quite-human-not-quite-fiend.
Then there's Shuyin
, who is apparently neither fiend or reconstituted human.

XJF

Only Last Mission left for me from the collection.... the gameplay is confusing the hell out of me :\

It seems hard, complicated and not fun to play at all.

How long is LM anyway?

I'm extremely interested in the story but I can't even get myself to play.

Anyone else had the same problem?

I'm on floor 30 or 35 right now, I've spent like 5-6 hours in it. The more you learn the more bearable it gets. Levyne said it took him about 12 hours one Saturday to complete it.

clem84

Gold Member
What stats should I max out in FFX? I know that Strength, Magic, defense and magic defense should all be at 255, but I don't think that's the case for agility, evasion, accuracy and luck. I remember reading in this thread that high luck makes some stats obsolete?

XJF

What stats should I max out in FFX? I know that Strength, Magic, defense and magic defense should all be at 255, but I don't think that's the case for agility, evasion, accuracy and luck. I remember reading in this thread that high luck makes some stats obsolete?

IIRC Agility soft maxes around 170.
If you have 255 Luck then it acts as Max Evasion and Max Accuracy (however, you still need minimum of 30 Accuracy and/or Evasion - Forgot which one)
Note that getting 255 Luck is a bitch, and would definitely be easier AND quicker to just Max those stats

Atlantis

Agility soft caps at 170. Anything more than that only affects starting turn order, which is moot with First Strike weapons anyway.

Evasion and Accuracy can be left at base/zero. However, if you want perfect Evasion against the most accurate attack in the game (Dark Ixion's physical attack), you need a Luck + Evasion = 290. So at 230 Luck, you need 60 Evasion.

230 Luck gives you perfect accuracy and critical hit rate on the most evasive target in the game (Dark Mindy), even under Darkness. Like XJF said though, this is a real pain to grind. 85 luck guarantees hits against Penance's arms and you can use Overdrives to kill Dark Mindy.

Even without hitting the soft cap with Luck, Accuracy and Evasion can still be ignored.

B.K.

I'm having a hard time with Penance. I made it to the second phase last night, but Immolation kept doing 99,999 damage, so I always had to waste turns reviving and reapplying Twin Stars.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm having a hard time with Penance. I made it to the second phase last night, but Immolation kept doing 99,999 damage, so I always had to waste turns reviving and reapplying Twin Stars.
Don't forget to dispel Penance too. He gets Haste in the 2nd form. Luckily you only need to do it once.

XJF

Finally died on floor 45 of Last Mission. ProtoChimera confused me and Yuna threw away all dresses and Auto-Life items. Oh well, Guess I'll just reload and use a Restart Guide to go back to floor 1 while keeping all my shit lol Need Gunner and Dark Knight so I can get Confuseproof. Apparently I need it for floor 80 boss anyway.

ubercheez

Finally managed the 200 lightning bolt dodge, after trying it a week ago and ragequitting after failing at 130. Never again.

Filled out the sphere grid with random crap and deleted the Luck+1 nodes to minimize Earth Eater farming. After I get the trophy for everybody filling it out, then I can clear some stuff out for luck farming on my fighting party.

Looking forward to taking on the superbosses... it's been a loooooot of grinding to get there.

For anyone who platinumed FFX, what was your playtime? I just got the plat, clocking in at around 125h. Feels good.

I think I clocked about 180h. I didn't reset blitzball stats and I farmed until I had 99999 hp, 255 in most stats, including luck, on four of my characters. There were also multiple periods where I left the game idle, like for meals, bathroom, showers, or other household duties.

I spend about 14 hours in the creature creator at the beginning of the game and finished the fiend stories for all the chapter 1 fiends, expect gold elemental who is a beast that learned ribbon and auto-regen. Managed to beat the first monster cup thanks to him. Also got alot of good accessories like Mortal Shock and Adamantite.

Atlantis

Seymour Flux such a pain in the as-
*trio of 9999*
*Lulu's overdrive*

gg.

Aw, that's not very fun!

I wish Lulu's ultimate weapon wasn't tied to such an annoying mini-game. My reflexes suck.

Maybe that's why Reflex is in her section of the Sphere Grid.

Z216JFm.gif

ss_lemonade

Why in the world does it take 5 or more seconds for the exit button to appear after every fight in X-2? I just started playing and I can already see how this can get annoying

ubercheez

I wish Lulu's ultimate weapon wasn't tied to such an annoying mini-game. My reflexes suck.

If there hadn't been a trophy for it, I would've been happy to leave her weapon unpowered. She's a terrible post-game party member because her overdrive sucks and her attack animation is slow.

Top Bottom