• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Atlantis

If there hadn't been a trophy for it, I would've been happy to leave her weapon unpowered. She's a terrible post-game party member because her overdrive sucks and her attack animation is slow.

A slow attack animation and bad Overdrive are small prices to pay for the pure joy of seeing an Onion Knight doll waddle up and land the killing blow on a super-boss.

Trigger

Maybe that's why Reflex is in her section of the Sphere Grid.

Z216JFm.gif

iMSzm2WzQ0cdo.gif

SirNinja

Seymour Flux such a pain in the as-
*trio of 9999*
*Lulu's overdrive*

gg.

Summoning
his own mother
right in front of him then
instantly Overkilling him with Oblivion
is the only way I have ever done that "fight".

What abilities does Seymour have there? Do those colorful wheels behind him do anything? I will never, ever know. It's just too satisfying to kick his ass any other way.

According to someone on this topic, just brut forcing Earth Eater takes around 2 minutes.
So yeah, around one hour.

Ignoring the fact that I don't believe for a second you can brute force EE with low luck in 2 minutes(the fastest high luck strategies take about that), by all means feel free to spend an hour to save 20 minutes in the Dark Yojimbo fight. Seems like a strange thing to do, but who am I to argue?

Ignoring the fact that I don't believe for a second you can brute force EE with low luck in 2 minutes(the fastest high luck strategies take about that), by all means feel free to spend an hour to save 20 minutes in the Dark Yojimbo fight. Seems like a strange thing to do, but who am I to argue?

Believe it or not, it definitely is a fact. Luck doesn't mean squat against EE when everything else is maxed. I did it myself with around 60 luck on each character and used a stopwatch

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
"Plants are weak to fire!"
first plant you encounter casts fire

This game.

I'm happily swimming in ability spheres now so thats a progress blocker outta the way! FFX is making me feel real weird! I grind but for what?! Level ups never come... the characters don't even have a level! Its sooo messing with my numbery needs! On the bright side I think I might be liking the game. Finally after many attempts, a FF which isn't VII has gameplay that doesn't turn me off!

But compared ta VII, X's seaside battle came off as drastically less cool visually and musically! Shinra's regular dudes woulda at least put a dent in Sin unlike those crappy crusaders and al behd peeps. Having Seymour join the party for a battle and at the results screen getting AP an crap like everyone else was such a tease! btw how to get not bad at spinning the right stick? I'm about to just give up on Lulu's limit break!

Finalow

Summoning
his own mother
right in front of him then
instantly Overkilling him with Oblivion
is the only way I have ever done that "fight".

What abilities does Seymour have there? Do those colorful wheels behind him do anything? I will never, ever know. It's just too satisfying to kick his ass any other way.
lol, I still didn't get any optional summon and I have no idea of which summon you're talking about.

Ourobolus

Banned
lol, I still didn't get any optional summon and I have no idea of which summon you're talking about.
He's confusing Flux for Omnis. You can't get Anima before Seymour Flux.

Anyone done any challanges like finnishing the game without using the sphere grid etc? How does that work?
I started a NSGNSNCNONENNENBB game just for the heck of it. I keep playing around with the Creature Creator in Chapter 1 of FFX-2, so I started that up so I can switch to FFX when I feel like I need a change of pace.

Still only in Besaid, but it sounds interesting. Lot of relying on Rikku and Mix/Use/Steal once you get her back.

Speedhoven

Neo Member
He's confusing Flux for Omnis. You can't get Anima before Seymour Flux.

I started a NSGNSNCNONENNENBB game just for the heck of it. I keep playing around with the Creature Creator in Chapter 1 of FFX-2, so I started that up so I can switch to FFX when I feel like I need a change of pace.

Still only in Besaid, but it sounds interesting. Lot of relying on Rikku and Mix/Use/Steal once you get her back.
I havent bought the game yet, but i remeber this being the last thing i did back on the ps2 days. Only got to djose shore before the game decided to freeze every time i ran towards the temple. If i have motivation after hopefully getting the plantium, i will redo that challange!

Yeah, you will need to rely on items alot, so she is a must. But from what ive heard, the 122333 challange in XII is even tougher lol.

Ourobolus

Banned
I havent bought the game yet, but i remeber this being the last thing i did back on the ps2 days. Only got to djose shore before the game decided to freeze every time i ran towards the temple. If i have motivation after hopefully getting the plantium, i will redo that challange!
Yeah, as far as I know, still no one has beaten BFA. Should be interesting, haha.

Jisgsaw

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's also a "No Overdrive" in your long list of restrictions.
So forget the mixes. Good luck.

DPtheGod

Yeah! Went to fight Dark Valefor for the hell of it because Yojimbo's overdrive was full, and first try got him to Zanmato his ass! Now I got my destruction sphere :)

Is there a boss in the Zanarkand cloister of trials? I want to get
Anima now so when I go fight Seymour for the last time, I can "have his mom betray him" for that warm feeling.

Ourobolus

Banned
Finally getting to real grinding. Just spent 6.5mil on Winning Formulas. Someone hold me.
o_O why so many?

Is there a boss in the Zanarkand cloister of trials? I want to get
Anima now so when I go fight Seymour for the last time, I can "have his mom betray him" for that warm feeling.
You mean after you fight Yunalesca? There's Dark Bahamut where you fought her, but you can get the sphere without going that far in.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
o_O why so many?
To get Triple OD for the remaining 4 characters, since Neslug only covers 3. I figure I'd rather farm money (if I even need anymore; have 3.5mil left) than farm Tonberry since his animations are so slow.

Double post: Is there a theoretical best BHPL character? I was thinking Auron so he can stay at lower HP percentages safely. I'm sure I'm missing some variables though.

Ourobolus

Banned
To get Triple OD for the remaining 4 characters, since Neslug only covers 3. I figure I'd rather farm money (if I even need anymore; have 3.5mil left) than farm Tonberry since his animations are so slow.

Double post: Is there a theoretical best BHPL character? I was thinking Auron so he can stay at lower HP percentages safely. I'm sure I'm missing some variables though.
Well I just would have given them all Double OD, but to each his own :p

As for BHPL, if you use that you should be using Auto-Regen anyway, so Auron wouldn't make much difference.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Well I just would have given them all Double OD, but to each his own :p

As for BHPL, if you use that you should be using Auto-Regen anyway, so Auron wouldn't make much difference.
Oh, I should've mentioned that I'm not planning on clearing spheres, so my characters will top out at just shy of 50k HP. Not sure is Auto-Regen is still worth it at half efficiency.

I suppose I might as well also ask what the best combination of armors is. I know I want everyone have auto-haste and auto-protect. What should the distribution of auto-potion, auto-phoenix, and ribbon be? What if I throw my theoretical BHPL character into the mix?

Thanks.

Finalow

from what I've read, BHPL and Ribbon aren't useful at all for the "ultimate armor".

anyhow, I'm at the end of the game and I wanted to do some sidequests before going for the final bosses but holy fuck if it's annoying to get some of those sigils for the celestian weapons. that 200 lightning dodge? Lol, fuck that shit. since I probably won't bother to get the platinum I guess I'll just stick to the easier ones, grind some levels/money in order to do at least some optional easier stuff and finish the game.

best way to grind money = omega ruins mimics? Or is there some quicker method.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh, I should've mentioned that I'm not planning on clearing spheres, so my characters will top out at just shy of 50k HP. Not sure is Auto-Regen is still worth it at half efficiency.

I suppose I might as well also ask what the best combination of armors is. I know I want everyone have auto-haste and auto-protect. What should the distribution of auto-potion, auto-phoenix, and ribbon be? What if I throw my theoretical BHPL character into the mix?

Thanks.

If you're going BHPL, be warned that I'm pretty sure Auto-Potion only heals 9999 with X-Potions.

Flandy

from what I've read, BHPL and Ribbon aren't useful at all for the "ultimate armor".

anyhow, I'm at the end of the game and I wanted to do some sidequests before going for the final bosses but holy fuck if it's annoying to get some of those sigils for the celestian weapons. that 200 lightning dodge? Lol, fuck that shit. since I probably won't bother to get the platinum I guess I'll just stick to the easier ones, grind some levels/money in order to do at least some optional easier stuff and finish the game.

best way to grind money = omega ruins mimics? Or is there some quicker method.
Honestly I found that mimics took too much effort. I just grinded One Eye and sold off his drops. I'm sure Mimic could giive you more, but it required me to pay too much attention while with One Eye I could pretty much do it mindlessly while watching youtube vids.

Finalow

If you're going BHPL, be warned that I'm pretty sure Auto-Potion only heals 9999 with X-Potions.
yeah items cap is 9999.

Honestly I found that mimics took too much effort. I just grinded One Eye and sold off his drops. I'm sure Mimic could giive you more, but it required me to pay too much attention while with One Eye I could pretty much do it mindlessly while watching youtube vids.
I still have to start doing the monster arena sidequest so that's isn't unlocked for me. and for killing One Eye, Anima's Oblivion is the quicker way?

Joni

By the time you have caught every monster ten times you'll easily do 99.999 against One-Eye. Worst case scenario: Wakka needs two turns to take him down.

Flandy

yeah items cap is 9999.

I still have to start doing the monster arena sidequest so that's isn't unlocked for me. and for killing One Eye, Anima's Oblivion is the quicker way?

If you have about 100 Str and Aurons celestial weapon you will do 99k damage to One Eye if Auron has 1 HP. That's what I was doing at first. It would take about 3 turns since Tidus and Wakka were only doing about 40-60k damage at that point

clem84

Gold Member
Any strategies for beating Earth Eater as fast as possible?

My chars are all maxed out. I tried a bunch of different strategies. Entrusting Yuna to grand summon Magus sisters or Anima but they're not doing a very good job against Earth Eater. I tried doublecasting but he has a pretty high magic resistance. I tried overdrives but Tidus' Overdrive attacks don't do a lot of damage to him for some reason. So I'm left with the most basic strategy. Standard attacks, he counters with Megaton punch or Flare, Auto-phoenix revives characters that die. Repeat until he's dead. Is this the best strategy?

Ourobolus

Banned
Any strategies for beating Earth Eater as fast as possible?

My chars are all maxed out. I tried a bunch of different strategies. Entrusting Yuna to grand summon Magus sisters or Anima but they're not doing a very good job against Earth Eater. I tried doublecasting but he has a pretty high magic resistance. I tried overdrives but Tidus' Overdrive attacks don't do a lot of damage to him for some reason. So I'm left with the most basic strategy. Standard attacks, he counters with Megaton punch or Flare, Auto-phoenix revives characters that die. Repeat until he's dead. Is this the best strategy?
2x Attack Reels + 2 Quick Hits with a max STR Wakka will end him.

Ourobolus

Banned
Pretty much what I use. Victor OD and a Dingo fight to charge it back up. All inclusive, it takes about 2 minutes. Managed to get Wakka's Luck maxed out finally. 6 more characters to go...
It's actually a little quicker to use Loner OD. Just defend 2-3 times in between turns to get the bar up.

I'm using Auto Phoenix, Auto Haste, Auto Protect for most so far (will add Auto Potion later). I'll give Loner a shot with Wakka, though.

Completing the Sphere Grid is going to be loooong though. Filling empty nodes with HP. Not that I use Break HP, so really MP would be quicker (since that is irrelevant too), but I'm against that idea.

Pretty much what I use. Victor OD and a Dingo fight to charge it back up. All inclusive, it takes about 2 minutes. Managed to get Wakka's Luck maxed out finally. 6 more characters to go...

It takes 2 minutes just mashing x with 3 characters with max str and magic def, auto phoenix and auto haste. no overdrives. And it doesn't require really paying attention, so you can do something else at the same time.

Ourobolus

Banned
For FFX2, is there any reason to have Trap Pod SPs during the first time through? I'm in Chapter 1.

Edit: also, what's with the experiment in Djose and digging? Everything I read says I need to just get all of its stats to 5, but I thought I had to fight it earlier for some reason?

Zephyx

For anyone who platinumed FFX, what was your playtime? I just got the plat, clocking in at around 125h. Feels good.

I'm at the same time as you and I still haven't got my platinum. Still need to kill Dark Yojimbo, Penance, max the grid for 2 more characters and finish the game.

Top Bottom