• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

bgjm.jpg

Omg why would they do this.

Jubern

he looks terrible. they ruined his hair, it looked amazing in the 1st remaster version the showed.

bgjm.jpg

His hair on the right looks better

Aw shucks, I remember being a bit shocked at the comparison between PS2 Yuna and HD (emotionless) Yuna a couple of months ago but hadn't seen of the damage on Tidus until now... What a shame :(

MrDenny

The characters seem to have less emotion in the animation.
Tidus looks alright sometimes, but other times he looks high and creepy.
Yuna's previous model was far superior, I miss the suddle emotion in her eyes the old model conveyed.
Rikku's model is different, still prefer her old model.
Wakka looks like his cg model now.
Lulu, Kimahri, and Auron's models are pretty good.

IllumiNate

Aw shucks, I remember being a bit shocked at the comparison between PS2 Yuna and HD (emotionless) Yuna a couple of months ago but hadn't seen of the damage on Tidus until now... What a shame :(

The one on the left looks 100x better then the right. Is that what you guys are saying or do u think the shit on the right is better?

AmanoBuff

Is that model on the left the way the game looks on PS2 or PS2-compatible PS3's? I get the impression that it is running on an emulator. I don't remember Tidus' face ever looking so sharp before.

he looks terrible. they ruined his hair, it looked amazing in the 1st remaster version the showed.

bgjm.jpg

Wait, so the left one is the original (upscaled, probably?) and the right one is the final version of the remake?

I really hope it looks better in motion. Because that screenshot on the right looks terrible IMO. "Soulless doll" is spot-on. The eyes are so much worse than the one on the left. It doesn't even look like his eyes are focused on anything.

Does Tidus really look perpetually high the entire game? It's certainly gonna bring a new perspective to the laughing scene.

MrDenny

Wait, so the left one is the original (upscaled, probably?) and the right one is the final version of the remake?

I really hope it looks better in motion. Because that screenshot on the right looks terrible IMO. "Soulless doll" is spot-on. The eyes are so much worse than the one on the left. It doesn't even look like his eyes are focused on anything.

Does Tidus really look perpetually high the entire game? It's certainly gonna bring a new perspective to the laughing scene.
No, that tidus is from an older build.
You can tell by the hair.
He looks alright half the time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

bgjm.jpg

Wow, they really only needed to increase the internal rendering resolution. They really didn't need to touch up any of the models at all.

Old Tidus looks far superior.

ramyeon

I'm gonna reserve judgement until I've played it a decent amount of time. It does look better in motion than stills from what I've seen.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
square soft's work on expressive faces is damn impressive for 2001.wow.Seriously no other game compared.

It was definitely their focus.

In 2001-2 I thought MGS2 was superior facial tech though (and I was an FF fanboy at the time). But that may because it was smoother and less jaggy. If we compare FFX vs. MGS2 in HD, maybe now FFX is the clear winner.

Squire

Banned
I'm gonna reserve judgement until I've played it a decent amount of time. It does look better in motion than stills from what I've seen.

Same here. That's how I feel about the new music, too. I don't care for the handful of tracks I've heard, but context really can make all the difference.

Welp, I guess if the things they've adjusted turn out to be shit, I still have my original FFX. I actually replayed it last year and it still looked all right to me. But hell, I still think FFVII looks good.

Seriously....Tidus' face does look like a dolls. Those are the eyes of Chucky, if I've ever seen 'em.
TN65064lg.jpg

HeelPower

It was definitely their focus.

In 2001-2 I thought MGS2 was superior facial tech though (and I was an FF fanboy at the time). But that may because it was smoother and less jaggy. If we compare FFX vs. MGS2 in HD, maybe now FFX is the clear winner.

I don't think MGS2 had more expressive faces.Especially the lively eyes were a true highlight in FFX at the time.

They were the Naughty Dogs of that time.Especially considering how many cutscenes the game had and the amount of polish it required.

wmlk

Squaresoft at this point was at a league of their own in presentation. I don't even think Naughty Dog even compares relatively to how they were.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I don't think MGS2 had more expressive faces.Especially the lively eyes were a true highlight in FFX at the time.

They were the Naughty Dogs of that time.Especially considering how many cutscenes the game had and the amount of polish it required.
You've convinced me.

Squire

Banned
Squaresoft at this point was at a league of their own in presentation. I don't even think Naughty Dog even compares relatively to how they were.

They definitely did. The difference was Naughty Dog was still doing cartoony stuff whereas SE was doing human characters. We can't say for sure ND wasn't capable of that themselves; it just wasn't the type of project they were on at that point.

At that point in time, ND was the closest thing to a Pixar gaming had. The animation in the Jak trilogy was incredible at the time.

Meowster

So hyped for this.. honestly, I am more excited for X-2 and to play as Queen Yuna again. The amount of replayability in that title plus all of the new stuff I haven't played yet from the International..

Shadownet

Banned
Just so you know guys. I posted this in the buy/sale thread. But I am selling my copy of FF X for the Vita. It's opened. But everything is still new otherwise. $35 shipped. PM if interested.

I got too many games to play, plus Infamous is coming out too..

All I see is dozens of posts discussing Tidus' face....

Don't get me wrong. He looks ridiculous. But you'll all very quickly adjust and forget it ever bothered you

I don't pay any attention to all that. It looks far better in motion from the videos I have seen so a few wierd faces in screenshots is nothing

All I see is dozens of posts discussing Tidus' face....

Don't get me wrong. He looks ridiculous. But you'll all very quickly adjust and forget it ever bothered you
I'm really hoping so. I'm trying not to get hung up on it so much. But it plus the new music (a lot of which I don't enjoy) has me worried. It might all be nonsense by the time I get this bad boy in my hands though.

Socreges

Banned
Can someone actually explain how they've changed the music? I won't mind if it's just during cut scenes or in FFX-2 (I will never play this), but I'd be pretty disappointed if they mixed up the music during FFX gameplay.

Can someone actually explain how they've changed the music? I won't mind if it's just during cut scenes or in FFX-2 (I will never play this), but I'd be pretty disappointed if they mixed up the music during FFX gameplay.

The re-recorded almost the entire soundtrack. Some for the better, some for the worse. You can find every new track on youtube to compare.

I'm still bitter about "challenge" being ruined.

60 of FF X's tracks have been re-arranged by Masashi Hamauzu. I'm not a fan of a good chunk of them, but there are some gems. If you just go to youtube, you can find comparison videos.

Bah....beaten.

ZeroX03

Banned

Almost every track in the OST has been remastered. There's no option to choose between the original tracks, you have to use the new ones

Battle theme comparison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhi7O565Ouo

EDIT: Beaten, but I posted a vid!

Jomjom

Banned
All the Vita backgrounds showing up in this thread reminded me that I made my own and haven't shared it.

Here's a screenshot of it with icons. X and X-2 will of course go where FF4 and 9 are right now:

Here's the background itself for those who want it. Here's a lighter, plat-colored version for those who want a less "intrusive" background.

How do you get the vita backgrounds to be so sharp? No matter how high res an image I use, when I set it as the wallpaper it always looks grainy.

ramyeon

Just transferred funds over to my PSN account ready to be taken from me for my pre-order of the Vita version this Thursday. Sucks that we have to wait until the 20th here in Australia.

SirNinja

How do you get the vita backgrounds to be so sharp? No matter how high res an image I use, when I set it as the wallpaper it always looks grainy.

What format is the image? I tend to use .PNG format instead of .JPG. Jpegs are lossy (especially if they came from the Vita's screenshot feature - ugh), whereas .PNG images are not. The Vita accepts both types, thankfully!

GRaider81

Really want to get this but I'm about to play a persona game for the first time (persona 4 golden on my new vita).

Wonder if I should hold off and play this first? Not sure I can find the time for both at once lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Really want to get this but I'm about to play a persona game for the first time (persona 4 golden on my new vita).

Wonder if I should hold off and play this first? Not sure I can find the time for both at once lol

Pick one and go hard, don't split your playtime. It's pretty easy to lose 50-100 hours in either FFX or P4G (and then there's X-2 and Persona 3 after).

The_Monk

Just got my e-mail saying it was shipped, if all goes well it might be in here by tomorrow morning, so happy. :')

They had the 21Th for the release date so I can't wait. I remember pre-ordering and paying this game back in early January after pulling an all-night working and I was dead tired by the end of it. Had to cancel some other titles because March can become quite expensive and this was one of the choices that I made and decided to buy it since the value of two games + the nostalgia value were good value to me.

Top Bottom