• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Aurizen

No it's UPS innovations from Best Buy. Instead of UPS bringing me the package, they take it to USPS and then they finish the job. They actually aren't that slow, but they take FOREVER to update their tracking info.

But yeah, Amazon uses UPS for nearly every package for me.
Recently it has been usps. And I don't like it

Squire

Banned
I wonder if the issue with no preorders on PSN are due to Sony or due to SE cause you can preorder Infamous on PSN right?

Also for the spend 60 get 10 back deal, I'll get this (39.99) + SOTN + FF7 or this plus super stardust delta

LOL, Infamous is a marquee release on a new console. We're talking about an HD remaster here. The stakes are much lower.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Preparing to ship!

I have a 2 day delivery option...I hope it arrives tomorrow. :(

AmanoBuff

Just in case, the Brady guides should be available digitally in a few days. Just check their website.

I much rather have this guide digitally, so it's nice to know there's an option.

I've never played either game - and I'm surprisingly excited for this game. I went from Super Nintendo to a PS3 in my gaming habit, so I missed a couple of generations of awesome games.

A bit off topic perhaps, but you should buy a Vita! I was in almost the same situation as you and it's like having all my missing video game childhood in the palm of my hands. It has great PS2 and PS3 ports, supports a huge number of PSP and PSone games and has some really cool native games and exclusives. It's like having 5 consoles in one.

Back on topic. Man, I hope there's no delay on the store's update tomorrow. I can't take another one like last week.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What are the chances a GameStop will have extra limited editions available?

I preordered my copy too late but the guy told me I could ask for a trade if they had any extra in stock.

Shahed

I'll probably be halfway through the first Symphonia when my copy finally arrives. Everything takes a backseat to Final Fantasy though, so finishing Symphonia will have to wait a while.

That's something I can't do. If I start a game, I don't play anything else until I'm done with that game. So as much as I want to play FFX, if I start that on Friday, I know I'll never go back to Symphonia. I just can't juggle more than one single player game at a time.

My PS3 version is preparing for shipment; my Vita preorder is still showing up as preordered. Amazon has not once missed release day delivery though; so I'm not really worried.

AEREC

Wondering if I can just walk into a store and buy the vita version tomorrow?

Also I know there have been postive impressions of the vita version but any confirmation of a solid 30fps framerate 100% of the time or anything else to confirm it is not a gimped version?

pariah164

So many people with physical copies! I'm at the mercy of Grace Chen.

Imported a white Vita just for this. I know, priorities.
Hey, all Vita owners are at the mercy of Grace Chen when it comes to this game, since X-2 won't get uploaded till they do the rest of the day's updates.

On Demand

Banned
Nevermind. I just saw an unboxing video of the limited edition. I'm not getting that. The artbook is used for the case. I would prefer if the standard case was included also.

MrDenny

Looks like they forgot the swirls in rikku's eye in this scene.

jSCQiq4H4d5G5.jpg

squall211

That's something I can't do. If I start a game, I don't play anything else until I'm done with that game. So as much as I want to play FFX, if I start that on Friday, I know I'll never go back to Symphonia. I just can't juggle more than one single player game at a time.

I'm generally the same way. One game at a time until it's finished. If it wasn't a Final Fantasy game, I'd be finishing Symphonia first.

So ready to get this but I'm afraid of getting to Yunalesca and getting rocked. Or any part of the game for that matter. Goddamnit I hate being bad at video games!

Even worse - I hit work around 8, and no shops are open till 10. Fry's shut down in downtown Chicago. I won't get to pick this up till much, much later.

Wondering if I can just walk into a store and buy the vita version tomorrow?

Also I know there have been postive impressions of the vita version but any confirmation of a solid 30fps framerate 100% of the time or anything else to confirm it is not a gimped version?

Its like 99% of the time. Theres a scene with alot of npcs that has slowdown but other than that.. none that i can see!

Flandy

Pro Tip Regarding the store update. Just because the store doesn't finish updating till 2 PM PT doesn't mean FFX won't be up earlier. I bought Hatsune Miku Project Diva f on the store the other day and was able to get start downloading it at like 10:30 or 11:00 AM PT because it was already up. Also, once the store finishes updating it takes forever to start downloading stuff. I assume this happens because everyone gets home and begins to download w/e they want to buy on Tuesday. I recommend starting your download before the blog post goes up tomorrow.

trenken

Banned
The beginning of Final Hallway!

Although this isnt as bad as FF13, it was the start of getting rid of critical elements of FF that I loved. Still a decent game though. Did move the franchise forward with real time visuals and voice acting. Just cannot stand the lack of exploration and no controllable airship is unforgivable. I always looked forward to that in every FF game. A menu to get to these separate areas in the game is blasphemy!

sensui-tomo

The beginning of Final Hallway!

Although this isnt as bad as FF13, it was the start of getting rid of critical elements of FF that I loved. Still a decent game though. Did move the franchise forward with real time visuals and voice acting. Just cannot stand the lack of exploration and no controllable airship is unforgivable. I always looked forward to that in every FF game. A menu to get to these separate areas in the game is blasphemy!

Although i agree with your enthusiasm for Airships and world maps, i dont think we have had any games last gen(ps360) that had it, and looked on par with a FF graphically besides Lost oddyssey(even then it wasnt all that great in comparison) I doubt that 15 will have it and once it gets shown people will start system blaming like they did for 13. I just dont see world maps and airships looking good on next gen(cause i doubt a developer will actually put scale into the world map and make it look decent. hell if they did that with FF7 the entire map would have to be redone and midgard would take up a huge portion of that continent but enough of my rambling) Cant wait for tomorrow, bought some discounted PSN cards so it lowers my part of the cost for the file sharing me and my buddy are doing(thank god its allows 2 systems if it was 5 or whatever like back in the day i'd be estatic)

trenken

Banned
Gamestop isn't having a midnight release in my area. You think I could just go into Wal-Mart at midnight and pick it up?

Walmarts by me are AWFUL at stocking games. Seriously its very low priority for them. Not sure about the ones by you. Im not even going to make the drive because I know theyre idiots and will play dumb or have some stupid reason why they cant put it out at midnight. "Derp we are not allowed to open our shipment boxes until 6am because derp stock needs to be taken at a certain time and reported derp".

sensui-tomo

Tales of Vesperia had a traditional world map, and it had a dragon that acted like an airship.
i know that had it, but i asked if any games that looked graphically like FF had it, aka nothing anime like,(although its dumb i wanted to see if there was anything besides LO (not discounting ToV since i felt it was a good game, its just i dont see anything besides anime games doing it anymore( iirc we could say nino kuni as well for anime rpgs that have done it and possibly Blue dragon(wouldnt know since i never got that far in it/never completed it)

trenken

Banned
Tales of Vesperia had a traditional world map, and it had a dragon that acted like an airship.

I dont want it to sound like im hanging on to the past. I like FFX a lot, its just that it was the start of this franchise heading in a direction that I found out I dont love very much after playing FF13 which was just so damn linear and so not like an RPG.

I just enjoyed wandering around maps, stumble on a cave, find some cool treasure, etc.. rather than being led down a path with very little exploration. The airships were always just a really cool FF thing that ill probably always miss. It was always an epic moment in every FF game. You spend 40 hours trudging around this giant world, and then suddenly you have this freedom.

I dont want it to sound like im hanging on to the past. I like FFX a lot, its just that it was the start of this franchise heading in a direction that I found out I dont love very much after playing FF13 which was just so damn linear and so not like an RPG.

I just enjoyed wandering around maps, stumble on a cave, find some cool treasure, etc.. rather than being led down a path with very little exploration. The airships were always just a really cool FF thing that ill probably always miss. It was always an epic moment in every FF game. You spend 40 hours trudging around this giant world, and then suddenly you have this freedom.

You should play FF12 then. I hear what your saying but technically speaking other than 13 and to a lesser extent 10 most recent FF's still retain a grand sense of exploration.

Here's hoping we get 12HD.

Persona7

Banned
I was told gamestop might get some regular non-LE editions of the game if you want a regular case on day one. Won't hurt to ask.

Although i agree with your enthusiasm for Airships and world maps, i dont think we have had any games last gen(ps360) that had it, and looked on par with a FF graphically besides Lost oddyssey(even then it wasnt all that great in comparison) I doubt that 15 will have it and once it gets shown people will start system blaming like they did for 13. I just dont see world maps and airships looking good on next gen(cause i doubt a developer will actually put scale into the world map and make it look decent. hell if they did that with FF7 the entire map would have to be redone and midgard would take up a huge portion of that continent but enough of my rambling) Cant wait for tomorrow, bought some discounted PSN cards so it lowers my part of the cost for the file sharing me and my buddy are doing(thank god its allows 2 systems if it was 5 or whatever like back in the day i'd be estatic)

Ni No Kuni had it. It's a dragon and not an airship but that's beside the point.

Valnen

Amazon still hasn't changed the status for my copy yet. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if I can't play it Tuesday.

I have yet to have a late game from Amazon, and they've shipped last minute for me before. They just overnight it. Mine still hasn't shipped, but I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow.

OmegaDL50

Amazon still hasn't changed the status for my copy yet. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if I can't play it Tuesday.

Same here. I am especially disappointed considering I picked 2nd day shipping considering I pre-ordered since last year. I mean it's not like the order was just some last minute thing. I've had the order in for few months

Persona7

Banned
Same here. I am especially disappointed considering I picked 2nd day shipping considering I pre-ordered since last year. I mean it's not like the order was just some last minute thing. I've had the order in for few months

If you ordered two day shipping you probably won't get it on release day unless they upgrade it for free or you have Prime. 99% of the time in my experience they just overnight it from monday if you have release day delivery.

Walmarts by me are AWFUL at stocking games. Seriously its very low priority for them. Not sure about the ones by you. Im not even going to make the drive because I know theyre idiots and will play dumb or have some stupid reason why they cant put it out at midnight. "Derp we are not allowed to open our shipment boxes until 6am because derp stock needs to be taken at a certain time and reported derp".

Just called my Walmart and they said it would be stocked at midnight! Hype out of control!

Top Bottom