• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
firehawk12 said:
Man, I guessing you actually need tier 2 weapons to defeat an Adamantoise legitimately?

I managed to get the Genji gloves, but it's still not enough.

Yeah, you'll probably want maxed out tier 2 weapons on everyone and 11k+ HP (at least for the stronger turtles with 5 million HP). Try getting some earth damage resistance as well, they are very helpful when you are still having trouble with them. I put a Gaia ring (40% earth resist) on Hope and Light and it made it much easier.

Amir0x

Banned
I really love the way this area looked:

FFXIIITower.jpg

I'm never leaving Chap 11! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER

firehawk12

Subete no aware
iconoclast said:
Yeah, you'll probably want maxed out tier 2 weapons on everyone and 11k+ HP (at least for the stronger turtles with 5 million HP). Try getting some earth damage resistance as well, they are very helpful when you are still having trouble with them. I put a Gaia ring (40% earth resist) on Hope and Light and it made it much easier.

Looks like my plan to skip the Titan trials before grinding is done. Figures that you can't get Fang's best weapon without doing them. :lol

Cheers!

Exhumed

Replicant said:
King Behemot is very easy if you know how. Use Lightning/Fang/Vanille (who needs to have poison in her arsenal). Make sure you pre-emptive attack him (if failing, try again). Immediately go COM/RAV/RAV until he staggers, then use COM/COM/SAB. Vanille will cast infinite poison into the sucker so that while you juggle him with Light and Fang, his life will get drained quickly. It doesn't matter if you drop the sucker because before even the stagger bar is over, he'd disappear into thin air.

Yea, thats actually very similar to what I ended up doing. I just used Fang/Snow/Lightning staggered him with RAV/RAV/RAV then COM/COM/COM and proceeded to beat the stuffing outta him. As long as he staggers before he hits 2nd form its very easy, otherwise he cant be juggled.

Also lack of understanding for that Mission 4 stuff. Gold star means "go this way" rather than "here is the mark". Easy fix there, thanks guys!

firehawk12 said:
Looks like my plan to skip the Titan trials before grinding is done. Figures that you can't get Fang's best weapon without doing them. :lol

Cheers!

The Dragoon Lance from Gilgamesh? She is better off with the Taming Pole imo. You get a little more strength from the Dragoon Lance, but you miss out on a ton of magic from the Taming Pole IIRC.

Replicant

bunbun777 said:
You get to go back post game =D

I guess I'm asking to get spoiled but
how does that work? Considering the ending and all. Wouldn't technically Vanille and Fang won't be in your party?

firehawk12 said:
Man, I guessing you actually need tier 2 weapons to defeat an Adamantoise legitimately?

I managed to get the Genji gloves, but it's still not enough.

All you need are Earth and Magic resist rings and you're good. Having a dual Sentinel team works well for those Ultima attacks.

Zoe

Replicant said:
I guess I'm asking to get spoiled but
how does that work? Considering the ending and all. Wouldn't technically Vanille and Fang won't be in your party?

First of all
you can go back pre-post-game.

Second,
"post"-game really means right before the last boss with more upgrade opportunities.

grumble

Amir0x said:
I really love the way this area looked:

[IMG ]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Amir0x/FFXIIITower.jpg[/IMG]

I'm never leaving Chap 11! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER

Yeah, this game can be outrageously pretty at times, outside of the technical excellence of the engine. The art design is sometimes outright spectacular.

Epix

I can't find the 4th mark, "A Hero's Charge." I'm looking for Adroa and I'm standing exactly on the map where the mark icon is. The icon is a red star with a circle around it for some reason, I think the other one's where just a red star. The mark looks like its directly down a little path (the red star is right at the end of the path) but when I run down the tree log it takes me down a level and the mark is gone. Halp.

grumble

Epix said:
I can't find the 4th mark, "A Hero's Charge." I'm looking for Adroa and I'm standing exactly on the map where the mark icon is. The icon is a red star with a circle around it for some reason, I think the other one's where just a red star. The mark looks like its directly down a little path (the red star is right at the end of the path) but when I run down the tree log it takes me down a level and the mark is gone. Halp.

When it takes you down a level, press square and zoom out, you should see a red star there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gTJAVJbBZ.png

Finally got it. The clock says 129h but the actual time it took me was around 160h (restarting the game because I couldn't get the loot was half the time).

Good stuff :)

Vamphuntr

I'm back to finishing this after having completed DA Awakening. Those stupid turtles better drops more platinum ingots and trapezohedron. Missing only the treasure hunter and the 5 star every mission achievement.

Ricker

StarEye said:
Place it on the third paradigm? That must be a glitch right, 'cause it just doesn't make sense. It's not like a place the paradigms from most to least important, when I choose a paradigm, regardless of where the fuck it is in the list, I expect the character to act their role.

How the heck can a SAB/SAB be fast at charging up the meter? Does the meter rise constantly if there's an active debuff on the enemy? If you only throw a debuff spell every once in a while, how can they actually have much of an impact on the charging meter?

Nice work Yoshichan...about the Sab/Sab for Vanille`s fight,I swear when I used that combo on the third para,and set it as default,Fang casted Slow and something else at the start while Vanille was going imperil,deshell etc etc,so I let it go like that for 2 turns,then Med/Sent,then Sab/Com and I finished off with RAV/COM...made it with like 30 seconds left on Doom...

The Eidolon want you to prove your worth to them,so you have to use what he likes,which in this case is Sab and Med,to raise his Gelstat bar the fastest,it was like that for all the Eidolon fights.

neoism

Lost Fragment said:
Woke up. Smoked a joint. Turned on FFXIII.

I had never opened up the menu while on a chocobo before, so that picture took me by surprise. I think I laughed at that for like 15 minutes.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol did the same thing!

Raw64life

Half way through Chapter 10 and I'm happy that the game picks up somewhat as I was able to get through the first few chapters by pretty much doing nothing other than mashing X. Still a little annoyed by how linear the game is and at certain parts of the game where the length/frequency of cutscenes just gets out of hand. At the beginning of Chapter 8 (I think, where you're Sazh and Vanille in a city) you literally spend half an hour just doing walk to ! mark, watch cutscene, walk to ! mark, watch cutscene, walk to ! mark, watch cutscene over and over again. But the game is still great, and the battle system is excellent once you get used to it.

So what weapons does everyone recommend to upgrade? I'm half way through Chapter 10 and I still haven't touched the weapon upgrade system.

Up to chap 13, up to where
you can chose between gran pulse and eden I believe
, is this for just leveling up and missions basically?

jiggle

Dedication Through Light said:
Yeah I was shocked by that, in order to review any of the cutscenes I have to replay the whole game, which I would do but, you know, I would like to see that Parade of Colors in Nautilus again.

it's nice that some of the CGs are at the very beginning of the chapters, so u can make new saves for future viewing

just not all of the CGs :(

Yoshichan said:
http://www.pici.se/pictures/gTJAVJbBZ.png

Finally got it. The clock says 129h but the actual time it took me was around 160h (restarting the game because I couldn't get the loot was half the time).

Good stuff :)

What loot were you restarting for? Traps?

I got my 1000 in 83 hours, but I did use an alternate save so I could sell off all of my gear to afford the rest of the upgrades. I got four Traps from turtles and did the trick to get an extra two for cheap. Got pretty lucky with Dark Matter too - managed to get five of them in a row almost as soon as I started killing the Shaolong Gui's.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Is the Adamantoise stomp a physical or magical attack? I can beat the Adamantoise using one fortisole and knocking out his legs with a summon but I want to do it without having to do that. So I want to upgrade some accessories to counteract the stomp.

Jrmint

FateBreaker said:
So, how can I make travel easier on GP? I have the chocobo, but is there any teleportation things I can do?
All of the Ci'eth Stones which blink red on your map can teleport you around GP.

I have found 3 so far in the Archlyte Steppe, and at least 1 in every other major area except for Sulya Springs.

Magnus

Epix said:
It's going to be impossible for me without the haste shroud. Simply using SAB/SEN and MED/SEN won't fill the bar fast enough. Period.

Using SAB/SAB doesn't do shit because he's immuned to all Fang's debuffs. She's never gotten a debuff on the boss.

I wish I could offer aid. I just know that I did it with only those two paradigms, and fairly easily, as long as I switched to MED/SEN the instant I saw him begin approaching Fang to attack each time. That way, I'd finish topping both characters off with Vanille only about 4-5 seconds after the attack was over, so that I could quickly switch and get maybe 2 full turns for Vanille in as SAB. I'd finish with maybe 600 or so left on the Doom counter.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
eXistor said:
It's a shame the game offers almost no variety for the biggest part of the game, it really is nothing more than just walking and fighting battle after battle without anything to break the tedium. I'm very much looking forward to finally doing the rest of the hunts, that was by far the best part of the game; no lame-ass cutscenes, just walking around hunting down monsters.

There's actually a decent bit of variety, especially early on. Maybe more than the past few FF games.
People just forget them fast & just remember that there are no towns or a world map in between.

Of Chapter 11:
Was there anything that explained why there were no humans left at all on Pulse? It bugged me that it was never really addressed

The datalog kinda hint at this. Things got worse & worse to the point they became extinct.

Zoe

Of Chapter 11:
Was there anything that explained why there were no humans left at all on Pulse? It bugged me that it was never really addressed

They addressed it as much as they could.
They were trying to scout for humans but couldn't find any.

At the very least, in Oerba Village the crystal dust raining down probably would make it pretty hard to live in those conditions. And it seems like the whole village probably turned into Cie'th.

I refuse to believe that the world is completely void of humans though. Gran Pulse is an entire planet, and we only saw a very small portion of it...

Of Chapter 11:

If you do the missions, you'll open up these analects that will describe the history of Cocoon and Pulse.

Also, I don't think Long Gui is possible for me at my level. I maxed out my weapons to level two. 2 of my 3 main roles are at level 5. I can survive fairly easily with upgraded accessories, but I just don't do enough damage. Got Doom casted on me with about half HP gone.

Aside from the Eidolon battles, having Doom casted on you is pretty dumb. Let me try to beat this 15 million HP enemy, even if it takes me 20 minutes. What's the point of a time limit when I'm making progress. Give me my zero stars and leave the Doom out.

Lince

Banned
chapter 12 looks insane, I thought it was CGI until I noticed I could move my party around :lol... impressive stuff.

edit: also, what's the best way to upgrade the collectors catalogue?

jiggle

Choopy said:
What's the best weapon for Lightening to upgrade to tier 3 and max it?

Lionheart? Hauteclaire?

Lionheart for well roundedness and random instant stagger
or
Axis Blade for faster ATB regain

no consensus between the two really

i prefer lionheart

7Th

Zoe said:
They addressed it as much as they could.
They were trying to scout for humans but couldn't find any.

At the very least, in Oerba Village the crystal dust raining down probably would make it pretty hard to live in those conditions. And it seems like the whole village probably turned into Cie'th.

I refuse to believe that the world is completely void of humans though. Gran Pulse is an entire planet, and we only saw a very small portion of it...

Ultimania says
that at least the continent in which Oerba was located was deserted because Fang's destruction of Cocoon, even if incomplete, forced Cocoon's fal'Cie into looting huge amounts of materials from Pulse for the reconstruction. Pulse fal'Cie had to create loads and loads of l'Cie of its own while trying to fight Cocoon's attacks but they all failed and became Cie'th, or died battling Cocoon's own l'Cie, because Ragnarok was a "sleeping" and their efforts were futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom