• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

Lighting - Lionheart
Fang - Taming Pole
Hope - Hawkeye or Vidohunir(bonus defense)
Vanille - Pearlwing or Belladona(bonus enfeeb)
Sazh - Rigel (stop at lv61. Make a second one if you want lv100)
Snow - Paladin

Trickster

jiggle said:
Lighting - Lionheart
Fang - Taming Pole
Hope - Hawkeye or Vidohunir(bonus defense)
Vanille - Pearlwing or Belladona(bonus enfeeb)
Sazh - Rigel (stop at lv61. Make a second one if you want lv100)
Snow - Paladin

Alright, thanks :D

Cep

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm sorry if anyone saw that before I removed it. I was watching Lost. :(

I had no idea you still looked into this thread.

No one in here had been banned of late so I assumed...

Cynar

:lol I had no idea you could unlock gamerpics on 360 until today when I clicked on extra's on the main menu if you had certain achievements. Sporting an awesome vanille gamerpic now. :D :D

Firestorm

I'm at "Mah'habara - Maw of the Abyss" in Chapter 11. How much longer would I have to play to finish? I hate leaving games unfinished, but this is getting to GTA4 levels of tedium. Am I at least almost done Chapter 11?

Cynar

Firestorm said:
I'm at "Mah'habara - Maw of the Abyss" in Chapter 11. How much longer would I have to play to finish? I hate leaving games unfinished, but this is getting to GTA4 levels of tedium. Am I at least almost done Chapter 11?

Almost, still a bit left to go til 12 but you're pretty close to finishing it from what I remember.

Firestorm

Cynar said:
Almost, still a bit left to go til 12 but you're pretty close to finishing it from what I remember.
I just passed the two fighting things. Will it loop back around there for me to grind later if I have to? I usually don't like grinding but the game feels kind of mindless and I think it wants me to -.-

Dresden

Trickster said:
That ending fucking SUCKED, wtf man...
2r2urnl.gif

I do agree with you. The ending and everything that lead up to it was pretty damn bad.

desverger

I put this bad baby down for a bit but I'm now doing the stone missions at full speed. Wow, what a different kind of experience this turned out to be. Some of these are more difficult than the end boss :lol

65% of the missions 5-starred, I'm intent on doing the rest as well. Great fun. Sort of makes me wish they'd put a few "missions" in every chapter, of course it couldn't revolve around the C'ieth stone aspect and would need to be something else, but still, it kinda hurts the game it's all mostly optional post-game stuff and mostly clumped together in one streak. They definitely would've spiced up the other chapters as well and broken the pipe syndrome.

Firestorm said:

Probably at least 10-12 more hours. The final final two chapters have numerous lenghty regular enemy encounters.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got my first trap. :D

5 more to go... sigh

Footos22

ULTROS! said:

5 more to go... sigh

I grinded 20 admanatoise/admantortoises last night.

0 traps :(
6 ingots

so wasn't all bad
i just need 1 goddam trap then ill just upgrade and dismantle saves faffing about

Xater

I stopped playing after some quests I did in Gran Pulse. Now I am thinking if I should even continue playing. This part is actually burning me out on the game. I actually liked the game more when it was linear.

entremet

ULTROS! said:

5 more to go... sigh
I'm at the point were I have extra traps. I wish I could sell these babies for half price. Are you equipping the Connoisseurs and Collectors Catalogs?

Choopy

Neo Member
Xater said:
I stopped playing after some quests I did in Gran Pulse. Now I am thinking if I should even continue playing. This part is actually burning me out on the game. I actually liked the game more when it was linear.

The missions on Gran Pulse are optional. You can move on.

entrement said:
I'm at the point were I have extra traps. I wish I could sell these babies for half price. Are you equipping the Connoisseurs and Collectors Catalogs?

How much do they sell for?

Xater

Choopy said:
The missions on Gran Pulse are optional. You can move on.

Really? Because I went on to the next story event and got my ass kicked. Couldn't really figure out a way to beat the guy without leveling up at least a bit.

Choopy

Neo Member
Xater said:
Really? Because I went on to the next story event and got my ass kicked. Couldn't really figure out a way to beat the guy without leveling up at least a bit.

They are optional... However, you would be a bit overwhelmed if you didn't do a few :p
I guess I failed to mention that. :lol

At least do up to 10. Doesn't take too long.
Or you can grind those 2 big guys fighting on your way out. I think it's a Behemoth and something else.

Choopy

Neo Member
BeeDog said:
~35 Adamantoises killed, 3 traps; got two in a row from the Eden turtle last night. :D

Now for the last three, ugh.

I got my first Trap on my FIRST Adamantoise. Oh how excited I was.
... 40+ more later and I still haven't got my second :(

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Xater said:

I did the missions until they got too hard/ ran around got all the treasure spheres etc. I think it's worth it.

Then just reread the last few datalog entries to get back into the story when you resume. :D

Xater said:

I didnt do any of the missions (apart from the three in the tower) and had an easy time getting through Chapter 11. The tunnel place was where I grinded at the start of the chapter but after that point on, the rest should have been easy (especially if you avoid those annoying Vampires and other creatures that take a long time to take down).

Exhumed

BeeDog said:
~35 Adamantoises killed, 3 traps; got two in a row from the Eden turtle last night. :D

Oh man, I'm not liking those odds at all. I have a maxed out Connoisseur and Collector Catalog equipped on Vanille who ends up killing the bastards. Been about 10+ so far using death method, but nothing so far.....

I spent a couple hours trying to kill him the normal hard way and was able to do it with maxed stage 9 main class crysarium. I did it just to say I was able to do it, damn roar foiled my plans about 7+ times. Got nothing but it felt like an accomplisment :lol

The end game should be pretty easy for me. I just finished CH11 and have completed over 40 Mark. Al most maxed out all skills before moving on the Ch12. One thing I haven't done it take on one of those Adamantoises. Think I can take on on?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone know if the trophy set is the same for both Japanese/US version? For example, if I decided to play through the English version, would I get trophies to show up that I didn't earn in the Japanese version... ? Or am I screwed.

Since I have created ultimate weapons for my main party, the eden turtle does not give me ingots anymore, only traps all the time. WTF? Must be some weird coincidence.
I'm either getting no item at all or traps.

edit:
darkjedi187 said:
The end game should be pretty easy for me. I just finished CH11 and have completed over 40 Mark. Al most maxed out all skills before moving on the Ch12. One thing I haven't done it take on one of those Adamantoises. Think I can take on on?

You definitely need maxed out Gaian Rings for your party. Strong weapons, high TP, strength+magic accessories and genji gloves do not hurt either.

Wouldn't really recommend taking them on before the last cristarium upgrade.

There is always the stupid death/summon method though.

Sacha

Kagari said:
Anyone know if the trophy set is the same for both Japanese/US version? For example, if I decided to play through the English version, would I get trophies to show up that I didn't earn in the Japanese version... ? Or am I screwed.

Trophy set is indeed the same, you'll still have the ones you earned and you'll still have to get those you didn't.

dramatis said:
...Worst case scenario, 13-2 will be about Team Nora.
Dude, that is like joking about X-Com turning into an FPS, or Bioshock becoming an MMO. I have learnt the lesson that they WILL hear you when you speak of these things.

dramatis said:
Regarding Vs13's world map, I would really like to see FF12-style with seamless loading from area to area. Hopefully, that won't be too much. It's pretty sad to see SE struggle so much to put out one game all these years based on Crystal Tools, while tri-Ace forked out 3 on their ASKA Framework. More likely it's the mismanagement of the producer and director.
Square Enix is just a mess of late... Dragon Quest VIII came out 4 years after VII but it had a real, open, streaming world map that was even too big for its own good, which makes me think that SE should probably just start farming their big games out to other devs (or the FFXI/XIV team) lest they continue making lackluster games that fail to justify the extensive wait we're forced through these days.

Xater said:
I'd probably play until you unlock chocobos, at least. That's around 14 missions, I think? Unless you want to just stop and abandon the game at this point, which is a viable option too.

schennmu said:
You definitely need maxed out Gaian Rings for your party. Strong weapons, high TP, strength+magic accessories and genji gloves do not hurt either.

Thanks for the advice.

desverger

I HAVE KILLED 2 NEOCHUS TODAY
using Death

God I hate those things :lol

Thankfully no more of them in missions. 75% done with missions, definitely got a lot easier after I had at least one level 5 in every role.

I don't even know why you'd be upset about this not coming to the PC. I understand that the PC RPG market is a little dry these days compared to the late 90s/early 00s heyday, but not only are PC RPGs a different breed of game altogether, pretty much all of the recent ones I've played (Gothic 3, Risen, The Witcher, even Dragon Age!) are superior to this game almost by default. I don't hate FFXIII with a fiery burning passion or anything, it's a decent game, but it's not like missing out on it would be a terrible loss for a platform's game library.

Man, people referring to Dysley as the Space Pope makes me wish that this game featured the Space Pope from Futurama. He would've been the best FF main villain since Kefka.

SpacePope.png

desverger said:
I HAVE KILLED 2 NEOCHUS TODAY
using Death

God I hate those things :lol

Thankfully no more of them in missions. 75% done with missions, definitely got a lot easier after I had at least one level 5 in every role.

I've killed one without using death to prove to myself that it's possible. What a pain in the ass :lol

Dresden said:
I want it on the PC to see just how gorgeous this game can get.
Yeah, this is a PC gamer thing that I don't get. Wouldn't you rather spend your money on a good game over a good-looking one? And I don't think anybody would want to play chapter 10 ever again, no matter how good you make those endless tunnels look.

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
Yeah, this is a PC gamer thing that I don't get. Wouldn't you rather spend your money on a good game over a good-looking one? And I don't think anybody would want to play chapter 10 ever again, no matter how good you make those endless tunnels look.
I wouldn't buy it, but someone certainly will, and spend a good amount of time producing the perfect screenshot. :D

See: the PC screenshot thread.

Dresden said:
I wouldn't buy it, but someone certainly will, and spend a good amount of time producing the perfect screenshot. :D

See: the PC screenshot thread.
Ah, that makes sense. It's just that my typical strategy is to wait ten years to pick up a game on PC because by then a) my computer will actually be able to run it, b) the fanbase may have had enough time to work through all the bugs via unofficial patches*, and last but not least c) it will look super ugly so I will be able to judge by other factors than how much of a graphics whore I feel like being that week. :D

*increase time required to infinity for Eastern European games

Westonian

schennmu said:

I'm using the Sazh strategy, and while you still need to summon, you can take him down in less than 2 minutes with mid-range equipment and with only the 9th Crystarium level cap. And there's no percentages involved like Death. It works every time.

You'll never even get touched, so Gaian rings are kind of pointless.

I run the Eden Adamantoise and with the Growth Egg, I'm pulling in ~125,000 CP every 5 minutes, using the soldiers to regen my TP. I've only got two Traps so far, but I've got nearly 20 ingots and when you combine that with the constant credit/incentive chips the soldiers drop, I'm rolling in gil. Only four more Traps to go...

Cep

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
Ah, that makes sense. It's just that my typical strategy is to wait ten years to pick up a game on PC because by then a) my computer will actually be able to run it, b) the fanbase may have had enough time to work through all the bugs via unofficial patches*, and last but not least c) it will look super ugly so I will be able to judge by other factors than how much of a graphics whore I feel like being that week. :D

*increase time required to infinity for Eastern European games

Well, you forget that with a PC comes the ability to mod and hack.

Trainers would make the annoying parts palatable.

Kagari said:

Why side with the peasants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom