• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

entrement said:
So I can't get the Platinum trophy because I sold some reobtainable items. Oh well.

Wait what? It's been said here a bunch of times that you just need to have had every item in your inventory at one point in time. Is that not the case anymore?

Zoe

j-wood said:
Wait what? It's been said here a bunch of times that you just need to have had every item in your inventory at one point in time. Is that not the case anymore?

You need to upgrade said items, I believe.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Zoe said:
You need to upgrade said items, I believe.

Yeah. Specifically the "convert damage to health" rings.

It's possible that some items might break down to the un-purchasable items though... but I haven't seen anyone compile a full breakdown list. GameFAQs has a partial list the last time I checked.

Lince

Banned
if I'm not mistaken those accessories that can't be bought may be obtained by dismantling others (such as upgraded versions), check a guide, maybe you still have a chance for your platinum. I was so pissed after carefully checking I had everything at some point in time and didn't get my trophy, turned out I was missing a tungsten bracelet, luckily I could buy that... the trophy is a bitch indeed.

edit: beaten, meh, time for breakfast.

desverger

Thrakier said:
Last boss:

This game TRULY is the most frustrating piece of shit I've ever played! EVER! I have NO chance against the fucking orphanus fucker. He's killing me with his constant status shit magic. How can anyone design a fucking game where you can defend endboss1 but not endboss2 right after that? How? Please explain this to me! I HATE THIS GAME.

EDIT:
Fang and Light around 6700HP, snow around...don't know, something between 5 and 6k.
I found it to be a pain in the ass as well, but the main strategy you want to use here is to control Lightning yourself, then bring Hope and Vanille with you. If Light has Lionheart/Ultima Weapon it's even better.

When the boss is in the "Light" aspect, it's your job to build the chain gauge up FAST with Light's Army of One skill from her RAV tree. The big-ass sword move Oprhan does never kills you, it's a %-based attack, just keep at it but remember to heal after the move, so the normal attacks don't get you. Try to get a stagger off in this phase.

When the boss is in the "Dark" aspect, you'll have to play way more defensively because of all the status shit flying around and the stupid tentacles. Forget offense and go MED/MED/MED or MED/MED/SYN just to cure those status ailments. If you get those ailments cleared up fast, prioritize debuffing the boss and then try to get a few hits off.

Make sure to keep Poison on the boss all times though, since he has tons of hp and is vulnerable to it.

Saw this and had to post it lol

FFXIII___Blizzard_Driver_by_AmenoKitarou.jpg

http://amenokitarou.deviantart.com/art/FFXIII-Blizzard-Driver-160500942

Le-mo

It's been almost 3 weeks since I last played this game. I'm in chapter 11 and I do not have the urge to finish the game. Is the ending worth it?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
4 more trophies to go.

Can't beat Mission 64, all my equipments are defense based (Sylph ring, General's belt, Witch's ring). The problem is that every time I attack, he does impenetrable aura then recovers all what I've damaged. It gets worse when he/she does
Wicked Whirl

Current party is Fang/Lightning/Hope.

Cep

Banned
Le-mo said:
It's been almost 3 weeks since I last played this game. I'm in chapter 11 and I do not have the urge to finish the game. Is the ending worth it?

I really should not answer this question, but no.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jump_button said:
Saw this and had to post it lol

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/102/e/2/FFXIII___Blizzard_Driver_by_AmenoKitarou.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://amenokitarou.deviantart.com/art/FFXIII-Blizzard-Driver-160500942[/url][/QUOTE]

Is that a guy or a girl? :lol

This looks better:

[img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2010/105/7/4/FFvXIII___Noctis_Lucis_Caelum_by_AmenoKitarou.jpg

Cynar

Just got treasure hunter achievement! 1 to go but I'm kinda burned out on this so it's going to have to wait. :lol Thank god ssf4 is coming out in a little under two weeks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best way of recharging TP?

I'm all out of the TP-a-sol (you know what I mean).

Rez said:
What's the best way of recharging TP?

I'm all out of the TP-a-sol (you know what I mean).

In battles just do more attacks, its pretty fast to recharge it in battle by just using that relentless assault or I think the paradigm with two commandos. And of course 5 staring the fight

BeeDog

Since I have gotten all the needed Traps (my game clock is at 63 hours or something), what's the next thing that takes the most amount of time? Farming Dark Matters or...?

Also, the Shaolong Guis that drop Dark Matters, can they be fought in the same way as -toises/-tortoises (e.g. spamming Death spell)?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
Five star battles!
Dedication Through Light said:
In battles just do more attacks, its pretty fast to recharge it in battle by just using that relentless assault or I think the paradigm with two commandos. And of course 5 staring the fight
Heh, yeah I figured. I'm death-spamming adamantoise and was looking for an even cheaper way.

You could try accessories.

There's the Champions Badge which gives you Victory: TP Charge or the Energy Sash which gives you Kill: TP Charge. They're also Gestalt items, so if you equip them with Survivalist Catalog, Hunter's Friend or Speed Sash (you need 4 of them) you get the Gestalt/ TP Boost synthesis skill.

Thrakier

Thrakier said:
Last boss:

This game TRULY is the most frustrating piece of shit I've ever played! EVER! I have NO chance against the fucking orphanus fucker. He's killing me with his constant status shit magic. How can anyone design a fucking game where you can defend endboss1 but not endboss2 right after that? How? Please explain this to me! I HATE THIS GAME.

EDIT:
Fang and Light around 6700HP, snow around...don't know, something between 5 and 6k.

Hey Thrakier, don't worry! That boss is actually quite easy. You just have to blablablablabla...

Thrakier: Wow, thanks GAF! Once again your are so helpful! :D

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Hey Thrakier, don't worry! That boss is actually quite easy. You just have to blablablablabla...

:lol

you just suck at the game Seph, bare with it... I had zero problems with that boss, also you should have developed your character a bit further and carefully upgraded some weapons and accessories.

check GameFAQs/Youtube for help since GAF isn't your friend anymore :lol

Thrakier

Lince said:
:lol

you just suck at the game Seph, bare with it... I had zero problems with that boss, also you should have developed your character a bit further and carefully upgraded some weapons and accessories.

check GameFAQs/Youtube for help since GAF isn't your friend anymore :lol

Wait wait wait. I maxed Lights ultimate weapon and tier 2 weapons for fang and this little white haired bastard. I also did more than 30 missions. I had no big problems to defeat the first boss and the bosses before him, besides that it took like 10 minutes. And you tell me now that I still need to grind!??? WHY?

StuBurns

Banned
Lince said:
new Digital Foundry face-off (chapter 8, chapter 11 and shadowing)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-endgame-article

the vid showing Gran Pulse running at 20 fps on the 360... ugh, grinding made worse.
They addressed a lot of the 'fanboy' criticism in that article, an enjoyable read. The technical stuff, I just have to believe or not, as I have no idea, but they made the video compression stuff super simple to see and understand, and it is a little sad they did such a poor job on 360. I even remember Kitase talking about having to find new ways to compress the video and things.

jiggle said:
We know ppl survived because we saw ppl coming down from it XD

The maker thing can be read in datalog. The Gran Pulse verses part or whatever. Someone mentioned it in earlier posts. The maker intervened 600 years ago when Fang turned into Ragnorak, and placed a white seal on her. Hope and friends were also white branded in the ending sequence.

So you have to
read the datalog to understand the ending
?

Storytelling + story are such horseshit :lol

Haunted

StuBurns said:
It took 24 hours and 52 minutes, but I'm finally at the open part of Gran Pulse, it's been a long time coming.
Congratulations, you made it through the bad parts!

Until the ending, that is.

If only they'd taken chapter 11 as the basis for the rest of the game. Felt this was the only part even approaching the greatness of past FF titles :(

Thrakier said:

The final boss is actually quite simple if you use the tried and true rush in and no holds barred fight. It is helpful to caste haste at the immediate start though not necessary. I focused on damaging to get the boss staggered as quickly as possible. My healing was done through the use of two medics. Once staggered keep attacking as fast possible then when the bar gets to a fifth or so switch to a healing paradigm and heal your characters to full health, then after the beating, heal again and stagger as fast possible. If you take a lot of damage while attacking rely on the technique Renew to heal and if need be Dispelga to get rid of the status effects that cause the inability to attack. Target time for me was around 8 minutes without any buffed up weapons, all characters had a base of 7000 HP, team was Lighning, Hope, and Fang, Paradigms used after casting Haste: Relentless Assault and Combat Clinic, Techniques used: Dispelga, Renew; Eidolons used: None, wastes too much TP

Thrakier

chaoticprout said:
Thrakier I think you're doing something wrong. Try changing up your team.
Use a Synergist

"Hope" ("despair" would be a more fitting name) IS a synergist! And I'm using him (no, not in this way).

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Wait wait wait. I maxed Lights ultimate weapon and tier 2 weapons for fang and this little white haired bastard. I also did more than 30 missions. I had no big problems to defeat the first boss and the bosses before him, besides that it took like 10 minutes. And you tell me now that I still need to grind!??? WHY?

because I hate you :p

really, what paradigms are you using? always buff/debuff before working on the stagger bar, don't forget that, be patient, then just RAV/RAV/RAV the bastard and finish him with COM/COM/whatever, keep you health high at all times as well as haste/protect/shell/faith/bravery, it's a pretty standard battle IMO if you stay cool and keep buffing & debuffing. It takes less than 3 minutes with a somewhat decent party (as yours seems to be).

This is a very conservative strategy but you can take the final boss out being quite aggressive too, just keep an eye on the health bar.

Thrakier

Starting with Combat Clinic, then I buff/debuff, after that I go RAV/CMD/RAV, then RAV/CMD/HEAL when necessary and CC again if health is very low. Like I said, he kills me with his status shit alignments. And I also need like 10 minutes for the first boss which is annyoing...

I don't about a poison trick with vanille, what is it? Thing is, I didn't use her for the whole game. She has 999.999CP (like snow and sazh) and I don't know how many CP she didn't get because of the limit.

Thrakier said:
Starting with Combat Clinic, then I buff/debuff, after that I go RAV/CMD/RAV, then RAV/CMD/HEAL when necessary and CC again if health is very low. Like I said, he kills me with his status shit alignments. And I also need like 10 minutes for the first boss which is annyoing...

I don't about a poison trick with vanille, what is it? Thing is, I didn't use her for the whole game. She has 999.999CP (like snow and sazh) and I don't know how many CP she didn't get because of the limit.

The only two status things he does that you should worry about are the ones that keep you from attacking. You dont need to focus on healing every single one off, or just use dispelga since it clears them all away.

Also youre safe with just healing when your characters get to the red, of course heal with RENEW. its easy to regenerate the first and second TP bar

Thrakier

The only two status things he does that you should worry about are the ones that keep you from attacking. You dont need to focus on healing every single one off, or just use dispelga since it clears them all away.

Also youre safe with just healing when your characters get to the red, of course heal with RENEW. its easy to regenerate the first and second TP bar

Those which keep me from healing are the main problem!

Lince

Banned
well cant be too conservative or the game will have him cast doom and/or death

with the proper buffs & debuffs the stagger bar on that boss fills like an empty glass under the Niagara falls, you will need to repeat the process at least twice and be ready to recover from his casts, apart from that is rather a standard battle. Nothing compared to the strategies you need for some of the Gran Pulse missions.

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Thing is, I didn't use her for the whole game. She has 999.999CP (like snow and sazh) and I don't know how many CP she didn't get because of the limit.

wow, you reached 999,999 CP without defeating the last boss first? you crazy elephant, that sort of grinding is reserved for post-game ! :lol

alright, just develop Vainille and use the poision trick on the boss then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom