• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Cloudy said:
Gran Pulse is kind of intimidating after being in smaller areas for the first 30+ hours of play (I did a lot of unnecessary grinding to beat the Chapter 9 boss) :lol

I think this game would've been better if every chapter after 3 had a Gran Pulse visit before the next chapter to break things up. I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to tweak the story, considering how weak it is to begin with. They could've still gradually rolled out the level caps at a similar pace, so you couldn't just rock Gran Pulse early on, and you'd have to keep progressing the story to get strong enough to beat certain areas of Gran Pulse.

brb

ULTROS! said:
Beat mission 64 and it was pretty easy.

I suggest you max out your crystarium grids.

I went with Vanille/Fang/Snow, I equipped them with rubbish stuff (namely level 1 items but having defense at least, Vanille had the Malboro wand) paradigms that I used were:

SAB/SYN/SEN
SEN/SEN/SEN
MED/MED/MED

Poison him then if poisoned, switch to SEN/SEN/SEN. If he does the impenetrable aura, either heal or go ready up SAB/SYN/SEN. If he casts Wicked Whirl, automatically switch to SEN/SEN/SEN.

I beat it in 12 mins. Target time was 20 mins.

that doesn't sound very fun .. not fun at all :(

BeeDog said:
Soooo... can anyone provide some hints for Attacus? I keep getting my ass kicked. :(
Use Snow, Lightning, and Fang and use the following classes for each respective character:
1. Sentinel, Ravager, Commando
2. Sentinel, Commando, Commando
3. Sentinel, Medic, Commando
Optional: Sentinel, Medic/Ravager, Saboteur

Snow should be pretty beefy atm. I did this the other day and he was around 1800 hp. If you want, start the battle off with the optional class so that he has deshell, deprotect, and slow on him. Then for most of the battle, use the first class. You can switch the the second one from time to time to get some nice damage. When he Attacus gets his third sword, Snow starts to take some heavy damage. If he doesn't seem to be in danger, keep with the first class. Otherwise, just stay with the third class until the battle's over (His stagger should be around 400%, so Fang alone should be doing a lot of damage to him on her own). And since Snow has Attacus' attention, you don't have to worry about the doom clock. Shouldn't take too long. Maybe about 7 minutes or so depending on your characters; but since the target time is around 19 minutes, you'll get 5 stars off of him easy. And don't forget to boost your stats with items prior to the battle.
Note: This was the first time I used Snow after being able to customize my team. I just built his Sentinel stats throughout the game until it maxed then added the remaining CP to his commando class.

Coincidentally, I came in here to post that I beat Attacus the other day, but forgot that I had Hope equipped with the growth egg. 75000 easy CP down the drain. :(

BeeDog

dragonballjoseph said:
Use Snow, Lightning, and Fang and use the following classes for each respective character:
1. Sentinel, Ravager, Commando
2. Sentinel, Commando, Commando
3. Sentinel, Medic, Commando
Optional: Sentinel, Medic/Ravager, Saboteur

Snow should be pretty beefy atm. I did this the other day and he was around 1800 hp. If you want, start the battle off with the optional class so that he has deshell, deprotect, and slow on him. Then for most of the battle, use the first class. You can switch the the second one from time to time to get some nice damage. When he Attacus gets his third sword, Snow starts to take some heavy damage. If he doesn't seem to be in danger, keep with the first class. Otherwise, just stay with the third class until the battle's over (His stagger should be around 400%, so Fang alone should be doing a lot of damage to him on her own). And since Snow has Attacus' attention, you don't have to worry about the doom clock. Shouldn't take too long. Maybe about 7 minutes or so depending on your characters; but since the target time is around 19 minutes, you'll get 5 stars off of him easy. And don't forget to boost your stats with items prior to the battle.
Note: This was the first time I used Snow after being able to customize my team. I just built his Sentinel stats throughout the game until it maxed then added the remaining CP to his commando class.

Coincidentally, I came in here to post that I beat Attacus the other day, but forgot that I had Hope equipped with the growth egg. 75000 easy CP down the drain. :(

Many thanks for the strategy, I guess using Snow's Sentinel ability was key to this battle, since I killed him with ease when swapping Hope for Snow.

Ristlager

If you use: Lightning, Hope and Fang. Upgrade some stuff. And start every hard fight with. Sab, sab, syn. And then swithcing to Med, Sen, Med to heal you after you have buffed/debuffet long enogh. Every storyfight is very easy. Stagger them with rav, com, rav, and then finish them off with com, com, rav. The last two bosses, needed just one stagger before they went down. Elemental weakness is a must to exploit, so make sure you have buffed their weakness before going for stagger.

Gattsu25

Banned
Rez said:
what seems to be the consensus on the worst part?
Vanille?

I dunno. I really liked the game. Even the parts where you could only use two character as they forced me to change my game up. I doubt I would have ever appreciated sentinel as much as I did if those sections didn't exist. So good.
valenti said:
glad i sold it. and the ps3
Mwahahahaha

Zoe

Lightning said:
You were strong enough for those before completing the game? I tried that and got owned badly by the Titan selected monsters. That Wyvern (Forgot name) kept owning me with Feeding Stomp which does an insane amount of damage. I got frustrated in the end and went back post game to do those. Still haven't completed all of them.

I did all but three of them before the post-game.

Aru

Son of Godzilla said:
15 hours in, man I can't wait for this game to get terrible like it's supposed to be.

The worst part of the game is easily chapters 9 and 10, for me. I don't know why though. Maybe because there are very annoying enemies in these chapters.
I liked the beginning of the game, and chapter 7, I think, is my favourite. Gorgeous environments, beautiful music :D

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, just beat the game.

I want to get platinum (ohh god is this even possible?) so I have cieth stone missions to do and upgrade items.

1. I think I wanna get some CP though to up my guys before doing any of that. Where do I go to do it?

2. Are there any missable weapons/accessories? Is there a list that says what items you have to upgrade but cant be bought in the stores? I havent sold anything, but I really dont want to run through that whole fucking tower again.

desverger

Zzoram said:
I think this game would've been better if every chapter after 3 had a Gran Pulse visit before the next chapter to break things up. I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to tweak the story, considering how weak it is to begin with. They could've still gradually rolled out the level caps at a similar pace, so you couldn't just rock Gran Pulse early on, and you'd have to keep progressing the story to get strong enough to beat certain areas of Gran Pulse.

I agree 100%

Chapter 11 almost had me stop the game. It was just so much to absorb at once :lol

Good thing I decided to move on with the story, doing most of the missions post-game has been incredibly fun.

Chapter 13 was pretty horrible. Also the
Taejin Tower.
Oerba
was awesome. The lighting, oh the lighting ...

Mikey Jr. said:
Hey guys, just beat the game.

I want to get platinum (ohh god is this even possible?) so I have cieth stone missions to do and upgrade items.

1. I think I wanna get some CP though to up my guys before doing any of that. Where do I go to do it?

2. Are there any missable weapons/accessories? Is there a list that says what items you have to upgrade but cant be bought in the stores? I havent sold anything, but I really dont want to run through that whole fucking tower again.

1. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/928790/59307 - I suggest farming the Ochu pack. Gives mad CP and good components.

2. The strategy guide is pretty awesome for this. But I guess gamefaqs should have something as well.

BeeDog

Alright, I'm pretty sure I have done all missions except 64 now, but I still haven't gotten any (Shao)Long Guis. What gives?

Also, FUUU- at the mission 63 fight. Hard as hell because of the STUPID AI. Is it so hard to allow you to focus all your COM characters at ONE enemy? Who figured it was a good idea to make every COM hit an unique enemy?

entremet

BeeDog said:
Alright, I'm pretty sure I have done all missions except 64 now, but I still haven't gotten any (Shao)Long Guis. What gives?

Also, FUUU- at the mission 63 fight. Hard as hell because of the STUPID AI. Is it so hard to allow you to focus all your COM characters at ONE enemy? Who figured it was a good idea to make every COM hit an unique enemy?
Use Relentless Attack (COM/RAV/RAV) instead of Cerebus (COM/COM/COM). Ravs go after the target the Com is attacking. Cerebus is more for single enemy fights.

BeeDog

entrement said:
Use Relentless Attack (COM/RAV/RAV) instead of Cerebus (COM/COM/COM). Ravs go after the what the Coms are attacking. Cerebus is more for single enemy fights.

I know, the problem was I forgot to include that paradigm. :lol So I only had COM/COM/RAV (Lightning/Fang/Vanille), so I had to attack the second Raksikvsnvnaivnin-something just to get Fang to attack the staggered one. Ended up with a 3-star-rating. :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BeeDog said:

My technique for Mission 63 (but my Crystarium grid is maxed out + weapons are 3rd tier upper level, you can try this but I can't guarantee it will work if you're low leveled):

Fang/Lightning/Hope

SAB/SYN/SYN - Do it until buffed or at least Fang gets Haste then summon Fang's summon, then debuff spam until staggered, then gestalt mode + final attack. Then switch to...

COM/RAV/SYN - If your buffs are not complete, do this until you get Brave and Faith but if you did this already, you can skip this and go to the next paradigm...

COM/RAV/RAV - Do this until staggered then switch to...

COM/COM/COM - Finale.

This works for me a lot though and got a lot of 5 stars. :p

Oli

Can someone help me out, I'm at Chapter 11
and I just beat Dysley (SP?), and now an Airship waits in front of me. Is this the point where I return to do the remaining missions? I don't want to finish the game until I complete a big chunk more.

BeeDog

ULTROS! said:
My technique for Mission 63 (but my Crystarium grid is maxed out + weapons are 3rd tier upper level, you can try this but I can't guarantee it will work if you're low leveled):

Fang/Lightning/Hope

SAB/SYN/SYN - Do it until buffed or at least Fang gets Haste then summon Fang's summon, then debuff spam until staggered, then gestalt mode + final attack. Then switch to...

COM/RAV/SYN - If your buffs are not complete, do this until you get Brave and Faith but if you did this already, you can skip this and go to the next paradigm...

COM/RAV/RAV - Do this until staggered then switch to...

COM/COM/COM - Finale.

This works for me a lot though and got a lot of 5 stars. :p

Thanks, but I guess I'll wait with retrying this mission since I'm still far from maxed out (only one tier 3-weapon, for Lightning and far from maxing the grid).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oli said:
Can someone help me out, I'm at Chapter 11
and I just beat Dysley (SP?), and now an Airship waits in front of me. Is this the point where I return to do the remaining missions? I don't want to finish the game until I complete a big chunk more.

The airship leads to Chapter 12. You can't go back to Gran Pulse until you reach the start of Chapter 13.

Oli

ULTROS! said:
The airship leads to Chapter 12. You can't go back to Gran Pulse until you reach the start of Chapter 13.

I haven't boarded the Airship yet, can't I still go back now and do more missions? And at what mission should I continue ahead to Chapter 12?

BeeDog

Oli said:
I haven't boarded the Airship yet, can't I still go back now and do more missions? And at what mission should I continue ahead to Chapter 12?

Yes, you can backtrack to the earlier areas. Don't worry about missions, but you should max out your main 3 classes per character before moving on to chapter 12.

ULTROS!

Oli said:

You can. I suggest until you can get the Chocobos since Chapter 12 will be a bit difficult in regards to bosses.

hamchan

Oli said:
I only did 12 missions and finished the game with no problems. Do more if you're not confident though.

Oli

ULTROS! said:
You can. I suggest until you can get the Chocobos since Chapter 12 will be a bit difficult in regards to bosses.

Until I get the Chocobos? I think I already reached that point. I've done missions 1-28 at this point, and all of my characters main roles are at level 4 (though the crystarium just expanded a bit). So am I good right now to move on if I want to? I don't yet, but I'm just curious.

Also, should I bother putting any exp into new roles? I started a new role for each character before I realized how much exp that drains, and I don't want that to go to waste. But if it's pretty much futile I won't bother with it.

hamchan

Oli said:
Also, should I bother putting any exp into new roles? I started a new role for each character before I realized how much exp that drains, and I don't want that to go to waste. But if it's pretty much futile I won't bother with it.
No, stick with your 3 main roles.

Also 1-28 done? I think you're good to go。

Oli

hamchan said:
No, stick with your 3 main roles.

Also 1-28 done? I think you're good to go。

I know I probably am, but I want to complete some more stuff before I move on.

Also, I want to nab the Achievements for maxing out each role, will that happen once I fill in the current Crystarium? Or does it expand again in Chapter 12? (And is it hard to fill once it expands the final time?)

Cloudy said:
Gran Pulse really makes you wish there was a way to escape battles. It can get pretty tiresome sometimes...

Opting to restart is more or less the same thing.

hamchan

Oli said:

Also, I want to nab the Achievements for maxing out each role, will that happen once I fill in the current Crystarium? Or does it expand again in Chapter 12? (And is it hard to fill once it expands the final time?)
It expands again in chapter 12 and one more time once you finish the game.

Ricker

Oli said:

Opting to restart is more or less the same thing.

You cannot max the roles before you beat the game,it stops at level 4 maxed,you get to unlock level 5 after you beat the Boss,but it`s easy,you just start off at the save just before the Boss after you beat the game a first time and just warp back to Pulse or run back killing stuff on the way.

eznark

Banned
I took a long break from the game but now I am back into it. Going through the tower at the start of 11. Man, I just cannot see how I am going to put twice as much time as I have into this game. That this is basically the halfway point is super disheartening.

Pooya

eznark said:
I took a long break from the game but now I am back into it. Going through the tower at the start of 11. Man, I just cannot see how I am going to put twice as much time as I have into this game. That this is basically the halfway point is super disheartening.
it's not the half way point of story, that tower is near the end of ch11, say 3-4 hours more and you're done with ch11, ch12 and 13 will take most people around 5-6 hours depending on you character levels, but if you want to do all the missions it will take a long time.

eznark

Banned
miladesn said:
it's not the half way point of story, that tower is near the end of ch11, say 3-4 hours more and you're done with ch11, ch12 and 13 will take most people around 5-6 hours depending on you character levels, but if you want to do all the missions it will take a long time.
Oh wow, that's actually freaking awesome. I have much more patience for optional stuff when I know I can get to the end in a reasonable amount of time.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ugh, that bastard from mission 51! I was taking it easy, with probably only 1/8 of his health to go, and then he casts Doom! I went all out and he got my leader with those strong chains.

Damn it.

Meier

schennmu said:
Chapter 13 was pretty horrible. Also the
Taejin Tower.
Oerba
was awesome. The lighting, oh the lighting ...

1. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/928790/59307 - I suggest farming the Ochu pack. Gives mad CP and good components.

2. The strategy guide is pretty awesome for this. But I guess gamefaqs should have something as well.
I think farming mission 24 in Taejin's Tower works best if you can live with the repetitive nature. $6k and 12k CP every kill. Takes 20-30 seconds per fight and can sometimes get preemptive. Spawn/cieth stone is about 5 seconds away from the enemies.

Pooya

Brazil said:
Ugh, that bastard from mission 51! I was taking it easy, with probably only 1/8 of his health to go, and then he casts Doom! I went all out and he got my leader with those strong chains.

Damn it.
if you have problem with doom you can use summon when the timer is near the end. but you should be able to defeat him long before he casts doom, if you always keep a SEN in this battle he will cast the doom on the SEN so it's no problem. Don't go for stagger! just fill the bar ~500% and make sure you have deshell and deprotect on him, then use COM/COM/SEN, you can't stagger him, his break limit is 999% IIRC.

Platinumd' in 119 hours. I will miss this game! :(

bgo377.jpg

It was an awesome ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom