• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footos22

62 is the one i meant not 63,
the 2 ratjskenekhihfuefu's or whatever they are called

slow and imperil helps things immensley and those magus/ witch braclets will save your ass.

make sure to get slow and imperil up asap. then drive up the gauge with rav/rav/rav to 999 if you can then switch to relentless assault.

i was using fang as leader and dropped a highwind just as stagger gauge ran out. helped finish 1 off.

with only 1 left its pretty easy. you get 18 mins i think
was an easy 5 star considering its a bitch and easily the hardest mission

Vinlaen said:
What's the general opinion on this game now that it's been out for a while?

I love the Final Fantasy games and have played a bunch of them (7, 8, most of 9, 10, and most of 12).

The idea of battles being "puzzles" and rated on your quickness is a bit of a turn off but the game looks so gorgeous and it's the "next generation" Final Fantasy game...

The only real "puzzle" battles are the Eidolon fights.

Exhumed

De4th Strike said:
all you really need for the last mark is poison
3 sentinals and 3 saboteurs
with hope healing after a wicked whirl and getting in a few hits before he goes invincible which gives you enough time to reapply buffs. It took me 9 mins
it was a fun fight i thought even though you change paradigms every 30 seconds..

Yea, I had the strategy down just needed the stats. Vanille wasn't surviving the Wicked Whirl (controlled her for immediate poison). Once I got SEN/SEN/SEN it was cake. 9 mins sounds about what I got, 5 star on that bastard :D

I really didn't enjoy this game at all, especially the end. I had all my characters maxed out at level 4 in their main skills and was going on level 2 for secondary ones. The only was I was able to beat the final boss was three seraph crowns on all three of my characters. I used two medics and one saboteur and slowly poisoned him to death. Took forever. I had no enjoyment in the experience at all. But that and all the grinding before was the only way I could finish this game off so I could return it and get some cash back.

RPG games with this much required grinding are just awful. The grinding wouldn't have been as unbearable if the story was a lot stronger. Square Enix needs to rethink how they're doing things if they want to avoid being rendered irrelevant.

Vinlaen said:
What's the general opinion on this game now that it's been out for a while?

I love the Final Fantasy games and have played a bunch of them (7, 8, most of 9, 10, and most of 12).

The idea of battles being "puzzles" and rated on your quickness is a bit of a turn off but the game looks so gorgeous and it's the "next generation" Final Fantasy game...

It split the fanbase quite a bit and many consider it a step back from 12. For some reason, it seems to help to be a casual fan of the series rather than a hardcore one but that doesn't mean hardcore ones won't like it. It's just really streamlined and holds your hand for a lot of the game. If linearity is a turn-off, save your money but if you can tolerate it until you get to chapter 11 (or even enjoy linearity), I would say go for it.

As for me, I think it's one of the best games this generation and near the middle of the series in terms of quality but I'm clearly in the minority.

Pooya

desverger said:
Ugh, Mission 62 is so much pain :lol

Not really sure how to tackle it. I just upgraded 9 witch bracelets to star level, so I have a whopping 58% magic resist on each char.. lets see how that works out.

Any tips?
That one was hard, using lots of magic resistance accessories is the only thing you can do.

Cornbread78

Alright, I'm way behind you guys, I just hit Chapter 6 and
got Snow back and he is now partied with Hope.
Tell me this about the story:
Why does the story totally skip over the Snow/Fang union?
WTF? Is this part of the "storage issues" they enncountered? Totally confusing, they should have filled in the blanks.... Or do they later?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Green Mamba said:
The most efficient way is farming Adamantoise/Adamantortoise for Platinum Ingots (which sell for 150,000).

CRAP. But where did they go? They've all turned into these "Gui" things and they kill me. X(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
FINALLY! After 13 hours straight today for just one trophy.

oawyep.jpg

My very first platinum. :D

Exhumed

Has anyone been able to hit the hardcap damage? I was showing my buddy the final bosses and I think Fang hit for 999,999 damage on a 999.9% staggered Barthandelus. It was the ability that hits when the stagger is almost over. We both about shat bricks, considering the most I had seen up until that point was about 200,000.....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
140.85 said:
CRAP. But where did they go? They've all turned into these "Gui" things and they kill me. X(

You can farm one at
Edenhall
but it requires saving-quiting-loading if you don't get one.

I can't even bother to get the platinum because of stupid shit like "hold every weapon and accessory!" I'm just not doing the things you have to go through (farming for gil, chocobo hunting for gold stuff, etc.) to make everything.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
ULTROS! said:
You can farm one at
Edenhall
but it requires saving-quiting-loading if you don't get one.

But isn't he gone forever once he falls through the glass?

ULTROS!

140.85 said:
But isn't he gone forever once he falls through the glass?

Nope.

Zzoram

John Harker said:
Grinding Mission 7 to get 5 Bomb Cores is wonderful and all (but boring), yet how do you make money in this game? I still havent really held more than like 5-6k after 30 hours of playtime. it's so ambiguous what's good to keep, sell, or upgrade. And without hundreds of battles of testing - I mean, who wants to do that?

I need to buy bones to upgrade efficiently, but I can't even afford any.
What's people fast money strategies?

Chocobo digging can net you serious bank if you find gold. It's just annoying to run all over the Achelyte Steppes until you find another dig site.

Zzoram

Dedication Through Light said:
I just ran on to beat the game from that point cause in 12 and 13 you earn crysterium like there is no tomorrow.

I would be grinding more for the item upgrading than for cp.

Zzoram

140.85 said:

Does that happen to the Adamantoise when you beat the game? If so, that'd be a good reason for me to grind more before beating the game.

ULTROS!

Zzoram said:
I would be grinding more for the item upgrading than for cp.

I agree.

It's a real pain to grind for rare items compared to upgrading the CP. Best to combine both (
like for Adamantoise, it's best to always equip the Collector's Catalogue plus Growth Egg
). I sorta did mine separately and I had to take drastic measures to get the trophy.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Zzoram said:
Chocobo digging can net you serious bank if you find gold. It's just annoying to run all over the Achelyte Steppes until you find another dig site.

What are those green circles lying around? dig spots?

Choopy

Neo Member
Zzoram said:
Does that happen to the Adamantoise when you beat the game? If so, that'd be a good reason for me to grind more before beating the game.

No, it happens once you complete a certain set of missions. You can beat the game and nothing will happen to the Adamantoise.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Zzoram said:

On the plain they turn into Long Gui after you complete Mission 62, but the Chapter 12 Eden turtle stays a turtle. Best (as in fastest) place to spawn turtles for farming in the entire game.

wow that Treasure Hunter trophy... just wow.

i was absolutely certain that i had upgraded everything and had every item, and went to
oerba to talk with the robot
.... well no trophy for me. i go back and check everything and sure enough i had missed one stupid item, didnt upgrade that Glass Buckle to a Tektite Buckle. awesome, i thought! that was done in 10 secods.

robot
still wont give me the trophy. i am so goddamn angry at this game. i double and triple-checked everything just now and i'm absolutely certain i didnt miss anything. what the fuck!? is this a glitch or something? because i read somewhere that if you install any of the bonus themes from the main menu, it might glitch your trophies or something... and thats just what i did. i thought the themes were safe :E

ULTROS!

astroturfing said:

i was absolutely certain that i had upgraded everything and had every item, and went to
.... well no trophy for me. i go back and check everything and sure enough i had missed one stupid item, didnt upgrade that Glass Buckle to a Tektite Buckle. awesome, i thought! that was done in 10 secods.

robot
still wont give me the trophy. i am so goddamn angry at this game. i double and triple-checked everything just now and i'm absolutely certain i didnt miss anything. what the fuck!? is this a glitch or something? because i read somewhere that if you install any of the bonus themes from the main menu, it might glitch your trophies or something... and thats just what i did. i thought the themes were safe :E

How about the weapons? Did you upgrade all of them to second tier plus have at least one ultimate weapon per char?

Oh and there about
8 weapons per character, the "secret" weapons can be found in the Gilgamesh store

Choopy

Neo Member
astroturfing said:

robot

No way... This better not be true... :(

Zzoram

astroturfing said:

robot

fffffffffffff..... if that Sazh theme breaks my trophies i'm going to be so mad

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
astroturfing said:

robot
Wow if true. Really ridiculous.

Lince

Banned
try buying a Tungsten Bangle, I did install some unlocked themes before achieving the TH trophy. In my case I had to double check and noticed I was missing the Tungsten Bangle, you can't get it anywhere along the game so you gotta buy it.

ULTROS!

Did the
robot mention something that you collected all items?

Some methods that I've read in order to fix the bug:

- exit the game completely and try for the trophy again.
- install the latest firmware

Ugh, just release the "Gui's" last night. What a pain in the ass to farm. Ahhh so many Dark Matters to farm, still haven't had one drop. This platinum is going to be the end of me.

KZObsessed

astroturfing said:

robot

Did you talk to the robot twice?

ULTROS! said:
Did the
robot mention something that you collected all items?

Some methods that I've read in order to fix the bug:

- exit the game completely and try for the trophy again.
- install the latest firmware

no the
robot said there's still equipment out there
... so hmm does that mean it didnt glitch for me?

if you google "FFXIII trophy glitch" there's some discussion about it... apparently if you install a theme from the main menu AND then continue playing, you wont earn trophies anymore. i really, really hope that's not true.

KZObsessed said:
Did you talk to the robot twice?

yeah about 20 times. :(

Lince said:
try buying a Tungsten Bangle, I did install some unlocked themes before achieving the TH trophy. In my case I had to double check and noticed I was missing the Tungsten Bangle, you can't get it anywhere along the game so you gotta buy it.

yeah i had that. had every accessory, i literally triple-checked.

ULTROS! said:
How about the weapons? Did you upgrade all of them to second tier plus have at least one ultimate weapon per char?

Oh and there about
8 weapons per character, the "secret" weapons can be found in the Gilgamesh store

yeah got all of them. i have no idea what i could have missed. i checked the stores multiple times that there was no weapons i didnt have.. :/

I feel for you Astroturfing. I am worried this shit might happen to me. I haven't touched the themes just to be safe when I heard about that glitch. Hope it sorts out for you.

Lince

Banned
KZObsessed said:
Don't know how you managed it it only 90 hours

105 hours, but I guess I was lucky with the Ingots and Traps drop rate.

I'll be playing BFBC2 with you, I stopped playing when I unlocked everything and got bored watching AJ flying the same Apache over and over again so I need my favorite team mate to go back to it :D

MaddMastaMike

Neo Member
Just beat the game...

I actually enjoyed the entire ride, save for chapter 10 (only because I knew about the freedom of Chp 11)

Like I have read previously I really wished they based the world on that concept than the walk the line point A to B. Maybe next time :D

The ending was generic FF bitter sweet but I thought it was decent for what it was...

until FFXIII-2

Hung Wei Lo

astroturfing said:

robot

same thing happened to me, but I gotta ask anyways
did you finish all 64 missions? I stupidly forgot about the gold watch since it was at the bottom of the list and I assumed i had it :lol

ULTROS!

astroturfing said:
yeah got the charms. and i never sold anything other than duplicates. also i checked a trophy guide's list for the accessories like 3 times... only thing i missed was the Tektite Buckle which i then upgraded but something else is missing too :( so annoying!

Hmmm... Maybe you've missed out on a base item? IIRC, you can obtain a few upgraded items.

Hung Wei Lo said:
same thing happened to me, but I gotta ask anyways
did you finish all 64 missions? I stupidly forgot about the gold watch since it was at the bottom of the list and I assumed i had it :lol

yeah i had it heh.

ULTROS! said:
Hmmm... Maybe you've missed out on a base item? IIRC, you can obtain a few upgraded items.

slim possibility... i had a few like that, that i thought i only had the higher level items, so i bought the lower level ones just to make sure. i was so extra careful with this trophy because i wanted to avoid this at all costs... such a shitty situation, wasted so much time collecting everything and farming gil. i really was super careful :(

i guess i have to go back to an earlier save and try again... took me like 4-5 hours though, upgrading everything and having to earn some gil in between etc. all for nothing! argh. and if i do all that again, and i still dont get it.... i afraid of how i will react lol. PS3 is flying out the window in that case.

desverger

De4th Strike said:
62 is the one i meant not 63,
the 2 ratjskenekhihfuefu's or whatever they are called

slow and imperil helps things immensley and those magus/ witch braclets will save your ass.

make sure to get slow and imperil up asap. then drive up the gauge with rav/rav/rav to 999 if you can then switch to relentless assault.

i was using fang as leader and dropped a highwind just as stagger gauge ran out. helped finish 1 off.

with only 1 left its pretty easy. you get 18 mins i think
was an easy 5 star considering its a bitch and easily the hardest mission

Yeah this was a good strat. Needed 1 stagger when I remembered to put Deprot on them and Bravera on myself when they got staggered, then just wailed on with Fang. Then finish with Highwind. Each single hit blew chunks out of them D:

3 mins time. Couldn't really have done it without those Witch Bracelets, they cut the damage out by a ton.

Easy 100000cp!

Edit: btw, it's Raktavija :p

I'm fairly certain there is no "theme install" glitch with the North American release of the game. I had no trouble earning Platinum despite installing themes with reckless abandon as soon as they became available. Plus, so long as the robot isn't telling you that you've found everything without the trophy popping you shouldn't have that to worry about.

As for what you could be missing, there's a mid-level tier of Bangle that can only be upgraded to and can be easily forgotten about if you find the higher-grade bangle in the field (the Tungsten Bangle referenced above).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom