• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Alpha Discussion

Londa

Banned
I see another young boy at the very end of the trailer. He is wearing a black cap/hat... Maybe we are getting a new race of horny boys?

vivin

Valru said:
Londa's comments always weird me out... :lol

oh wow. Reading it the first time, I didnt catch on, but now...oh wow :lol

I think the combat is at a good speed as is. You have to remember there will be 5+ more people attacking the same mob as you in a PT. Id much prefer a slower feeling combat, in which you can actually time stuff out, rather than a super fast, everyone just spams shit.

Alex

I never really make threads, so for the hell of it I put a link to the new trailer in the gaming forum. Sure is lookin' flashy and far along lately. Really great.

Edit: Oh, boo! I suck. It's so hard to sift through the E3 stuff.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Huh... I got ~1530 @ 1080p, which is slightly higher resolution than my monitor can support (1680x1050)

On the 720p front, I got ~2300.

My comp's specs are an Athlon Dual Core 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM and a Geforce 8800 GTX, running on Vista 64.

Granted, I need to defrag my HDD something fierce. Wonder if that'll help any. Hm.

desa

Kuraine said:
Huh... I got ~1530 @ 1080p, which is slightly higher resolution than my monitor can support (1680x1050)

My comp's specs are an Athlon Dual Core 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM and a Geforce 8800 GTX, running on Vista 64.

Granted, I need to defrag my HDD something fierce. Wonder if that'll help any. Hm.

My comp is like yours but with a 9800

That scores sounds about right. Damn, I need to upgrade.

Jinko

Londa said:
the f? i don't have a 3D computer, will I need one for this? I'm confused...

It's not required to play the game no, but an added feature.

1. Nvidia graphics card
2. a New 3D monitor/TV
3. a set of active 3D glasses.

It's quite expensive, but may be worth looking into depending on how into gaming you are.

Kuraine said:

2 core CPU and 8800 is quite old now.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Combat looks so much better. Can't wait!

EDIT:

I assume this means "go fuck yourself" :lol

lol.JPG

Londa

Banned
Jinko said:
It's not required to play the game no, but an added feature.

1. Nvidia graphics card
2. a New 3D monitor/TV
3. a set of active 3D glasses.

It's quite expensive, but may be worth looking into depending on how into gaming you are.

I guess it could be something that I slowly work myself into by buying those items one at a time. But I first need a good desktop computer. Right now I'm relying only on my laptop.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Jinko said:

Oh no doubt. I put together my comp from scratch about 1 year ago for ~$600. I'll likely upgrade one or both of those components before XIV comes out, though I'm not certain to what as of yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jinko said:
New beta gameplay system.

http://www.youtube.com/finalfantasyxiv#p/u/0/eONoACmL5AM

Holy shit that is so much better.
I never thought Square would take their time and completely change the battle system. I think this looks much better. I think this will add alot to battle strategy.

And to the person who thought it looked slow, do yourself a favor and look at the old alpha battle system.

FLEABttn

Banned
Yoshichan said:
And to the person who thought it looked slow, do yourself a favor and look at the old alpha battle system.

So it's faster than the old system, but still appears to be slower than other MMO's out there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm sitting at 971 on the low res test....

I'm thinking it's trying to tell me to use something besides the Nvidia GT 120 :lol

Terproerg

i got 3300 on 720p. 3.6ghz phenome 2 x2. With a 5770. But i havnt tried it yet at my max cpu speed.

Will this game support crossfire?

gillty

Banned
I'm guess I'm sitting at exactly where I should be for my gpu,

Q6600 3.2 GHz, HD4890, 4GB of ram
2.5k on high, 4k on low

notworksafe

This benchmark doesn't seem to have much to do with anything. I keep getting scores in the 700-1200 score range but I can run the Alpha with no issues other then slight lag when first entering a zone.

Jinko

40 new screens from the beta version
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/6641-ffxivcorecoms-e3-news/

This one being paticularly interesting.
06c848a3c79076b41ec21160a667c2aa.jpg

We now have 3 bars of actions up to 52 AP points, Traits and Synthesis actions, where the hell is my Beta invite SE !!

1. FFXIV will be in 3D on the PS3.

2. Larger Linkshells will be assigned something called “Company”. This will give them a website and display various stats of the members and group!

3. There will be secret areas after completing the main story.

4. There will be high end armor for each class.

5. New classes will be released even after the game is released.

6. The beta will be starting very soon.

7. There will be something called a “Retainer” which will allow players to leave their character or avatar so they will be able to enjoy the game offline and people can see them.

More pics at http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100616_374837.html

More Equipment slots
ff24.jpg

vivin

I'm getting about 3k on low and 2k on high

Comp specs are i7 930 @2.8 Nvidia 9800gtx 6gig ram. I'm hoping to upgrade my gfx card right before the game goes live, maybe by then the 480 will be 1/2 the price :lol

Edit:

Jinko said:
6. The beta will be starting very soon.

YUS

Jinko said:
7. There will be something called a “Retainer” which will allow players to leave their character or avatar so they will be able to enjoy the game offline and people can see them.

WAT

sky

Looks awesome.
The benchmark was a really nice surprise!

It's too bad they don't let you run it full screen though, strange...
(Score would probably be significantly higher)

Teknoman

Jinko said:
2. Larger Linkshells will be assigned something called “Company”. This will give them a website and display various stats of the members and group!

Great news, was hoping for something like that. Even said that things you do with your company will have an effect on things you own in the game...whatever that means.

Oh:

FFXIVcore -

FFXIV Beta to begin in one month from today (16th June 2010)

Our lovely translators have translated a recent Famitsu article from E3, where they interview Tanaka. Read the translated quote yourself.

Tanaka: The beta version we're showing at E3 is nearly complete and should be ready to be made public soon. Currently, we're still debugging. Once alpha tests finish this week and we return to Japan, we will begin preparations for the start of beta testing. It's not set in stone, but I think I'll need to make everyone wait for one more month.

notworksafe

Nice! I was telling my friend today that I hoped the beta would be within a month. Can't wait to see all the additions. It's gonna make the next few weeks of alpha testing much less interesting, however.

suzu

Osaka said:
Combat looks so much better. Can't wait!
EDIT:
I assume this means "go fuck yourself" :lol
Nakazato said:
Im guessing so cause mine is doing that 2 :lol :lol :lol PS3 version here i come

Try updating your video card drivers and directx. I had that problem and downloading new drivers fixed it.

Nakazato

suzu said:
Try updating your video card drivers and directx. I had that problem and downloading new drivers fixed it.
Naw my pc is 4 years old wasnt expecting to be able to play :lol. But in turn it give me a goot reason to build a new one lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Doesn't really sound like exactly one month from now, more like "at least a month to go until beta".

Osaka said:
Doesn't really sound like exactly one month from now, more like "at least a month to go until beta".

It's the opposite if this translation of the Famitsu interview is to be believed:

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/06/17/famitsu-interviews-tanaka-and-kurosawa-at-e3/

Tanaka: We’ve finished putting in almost all the necessary systems into the version here at E3 so it will probably take place soon. Right now we are still working on debugging and things. We’re going to stop the alpha test after this week. Once we return to Japan, we’ll immediately get to work on preparing for the start of beta testing. There will probably be a bit of a break before we start up testing again but I don’t think people will be waiting a whole month before beta testing will start.

Top Bottom