• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
On Lindblum...

Ul'dah
Falastini - Rusty Subligar
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
BentMyWookiee - Spoony Bard
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
CAW - Kiki Gaf
Ilparazzo - Luca Blight
HarryDemeanor - Verigan Lightbane
Rentahamster - Renta Hamster
Lonestar - Lone Starr

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Salaadin - Salaadin Voivode
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
careksims - Kessah Shrykewolf
ToastyBanana - Doobedytoo Mcjibbajabba
Desa - Desa Cooties
Awntawn - Awntawn Asangal
TheFatOne - Maximus Aurelius
somesang - Appleseed Cast
XMonkey - Cerin Decker
Caj814 - Charlamagne Artesian
NeoForte - Shuyuo Neoforte

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss

think I'm in

zlatko

Banned
I'm about to start up again here in a few minutes. I read up on the beta manual site. Looked at all controls, the guide that's 2 pages long, etc.

Does it explain anywhere what your sun and moon alignment effects? Does it say what the god you pick at character creation effects? There seems to be a HEAVY focus on crafting which I hope is not the case. Anyone from previous beta phases know how much time was spent between crafting, gathering, battling as you leveled up?

Also I saw that they brought back taxes for stuff you put in your bazaar. R E T A R D E D.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I cant play :/

Registered my open beta code, and i dont have any FFXIV service account on my account...

Lame.. waiting for a support ticked i opened, couse i cant reapply to beta, request another code, or re-use my code.

Khrno

That sucks man. While you wait just try to apply for another code, and if you get it, then create a new SE account and use it on it.

From Beta site:

All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Sep. 3)

From 07:00 to 10:00 on Sep. 3, 2010 (GMT), we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this maintenance period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.
* The tester site will continue to be available during maintenance.

Maintenance starting in 10 minutes, I guess it's back to sleep then.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
On Lindblum...

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
CAW - Kiki Gaf
Ilparazzo - Luca Blight
Lonestar - Lone Starr

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties
XMonkey - Cerin Decker
Lost Fragment - Happy Birthday

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss

zlatko

Banned
Khrno said:
That sucks man. While you wait just try to apply for another code, and if you get it, then create a new SE account and use it on it.

From Beta site:

Ah so that's why the game just crashed on me.

So more questions for people. I went to find the NPC for bethests and I talked to everyone at the Aethrye at the camp outside of Ul'dah. No dice. I found a gatewarden guy who i assume should be the one to give it, but he just had nothing important to really say.

I also read on here I could go reset my leves to do them again. So I went to town to speak to leve quest guy. I can't remove the ones in my journal, and I can't renew them or anything like that. I can replace only purple icon ones AKA crafting/gathering ones. I want more fight mob ones, but that doesn't seem to be an option. I wandered a bit again to see if I could find an area to exp mobs---nada. It's so freaking barren for enemies other than incredibly tough ones once you explore farther out.

So once again, it seems like the only thing this game wants me to do is craft/gather, until every 48hrs I can spend maybe 30-60 minutes fighting some mobs, then piss 2 days again doing more crafting gathering. Is that about right ?

I get that the 48hr cool down on leves was to encourage you to group up to do them so you get bigger exp rewards right? It seems like the cool down should be way lower if you solo them, but also it should really reduce your reward in comparison to if you had grouped. That way people who like to solo can go at their own pace, while people who like to group would be more encouraged to do leves in groups for bigger pay outs. Even then though if fatigue hits early on then you'd have to stop grouping and stop soloing to swap to different classes to keep playing.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So I want to get a party going to see how party battle mechanics work. Also, to take on larger prey. I'm getting kinda tired of whupping on copper rock tentacle things all day by myself.

I guess there is the traditional way of one party taking on one monster at a time, but I was thinking about a different way to cater to some of my character's skills.

My marauder has two different AoE attacks that he can use in battle. I've tried taking on multiple enemies, but it is hard to make a mob train, and in the end not really worth it since the hit me so much while I'm trying to gather them.

I was thinking of a setup where I just stand in one place while another person just goes out fishing and brings mobs back to me where I can AoE them all day long.

Thoughts?

Teknoman

I dont think fishing, unless in a densely populated area of enemies, will work this time around. Seems like the focus is moving around instead of camping. Aoeing would be a good idea though, since everyone has decent aoe skills this time around, and the game is also built for group vs group.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
I dont think fishing, unless in a densely populated area of enemies, will work this time around. Seems like the focus is moving around instead of camping. Aoeing would be a good idea though, since everyone has decent aoe skills this time around, and the game is also built for group vs group.
Yeah, I was thinking there would be moving around, of course.

Basically it would be one person aggroing the mobs and bringing them back to the AoE fighters, as many as they can handle at once. Once the mobs in the immediate are are gone, go to a different area.

Londa

Banned
Khrno said:

From Beta site:

urg ok how long will this take?

Awntawn

qohrg5.jpg

Someday... 3;

Riddler

On Lindblum...

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
CAW - Kiki Gaf
Ilparazzo - Luca Blight
Lonestar - Lone Starr
Riddler - Freezin Tyrant

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties
XMonkey - Cerin Decker

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss

demonkaze

Are people still having any luck getting codes still? As someone who played since alpha it's annoying that I cant get a code, especially when for the eu people the codes went live early in the morning.

Gromph

Staff Member
demonkaze said:
Are people still having any luck getting codes still? As someone who played since alpha it's annoying that I cant get a code, especially when for the eu people the codes went live early in the morning.

I have code, but cant play...

You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.

zlatko

Banned
Gromph said:
I have code, but cant play...

You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.

Did you go to the right URL to put your code you got in the email in?

bardia

New servers added to beta

As of Sep. 3, 2010, following worlds are available in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

Cornelia
Kashuan
Gysahl
Mysidia
Istory
Figaro
Wutai
Trabia
Lindblum
Besaid
Selbina
Rabanastre
Bodhum
Melmond
Palamecia

Gromph

Staff Member
zlatko said:
Did you go to the right URL to put your code you got in the email in?

Yes i did.

I have the registration on my account. but dont show up at service

zlatko

Banned
Gromph said:
Yes i did.

I have the registration on my account. but dont show up at service

Did you try emailing them? Tell them what happened and put your info down in it. Maybe they'll help.

Khrno

zlatko said:
New patch file. Anyone got a link where I can actually download it ?

It's just 4.67MB, didn't take more than a minute to start and even less to download.

But anyway, D2010.09.03.2000: http://www.mediafire.com/?m986w58ny2av491

From Beta site:

At the following time, a new update for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version went live.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 3, 2010 at 08:00 (GMT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version

[Important Update Details]
- Now the game client will automatically shutdown in case the software client is not being latest verion and you receive an error while making a login attempt from title screen or character creation menu.
If you happen to receive an error message saying "13101 Error occured while connecting to the lobby server." and the game client shuts down, please restart FINAL FANTASY XIV and log back in after completing the version update.

- An issue where users may not be able to log into the game once the number of connections reaches to a certain number below the intented login limit has been addressed.

Shouta

I should jump servers! Selbina or Rabanastre sounds awesome.

Anyway, my Lindblum char is Lenneth Valkyrie in Ul'dah if anyone sees me.

zlatko

Banned
So I'm thinking of rolling a new character so I can actually play more of the game. I wrapped up my 8 leves u can have, but I have to wait 48hrs till I can exchange them for new ones or have them reissued. Really dumb idea. Toss in fatigue into the mixture and I imagine you can't even do leves with others for long. The games goal is to get you to not play more than 5 hours a day TOPS. :(

I also got a taste of mining and fishing. I'm half and half on whether I like it or not. I think I'd be really cool with it if it was faster. A guildleve to catch 3 fish took 12 minutes, but could've been longer if I had messed up catching fish more. There isn't really a "science" to it, but just a sort of luck of the draw to start nailing it and mining. Mining was def. better than fishing because it was faster and more consistent. If they just give these things a speed boost in how fast my character strikes, gets bites on rods, etc then this'll be a somewhat enjoyable way to gather items for crafting. Much better than XI's way anyway.

Budr

demonkaze said:

The guy sitting next to me just got a code from the EU site about five minutes ago, so I guess they're giving them out again?

Ilparazzo

I can't seem to find out how to repair gear myself, I wish they explained things better or that the UI was simpler.

And where the hell is that Roarich guy and the Ashgana exports? They only say it's on the merchant strip, but the merchant strip isn't exactly small.

kiryogi

Banned
On Lindblum...

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
CAW - Kiki Gaf
Ilparazzo - Luca Blight
Lonestar - Lone Starr

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties
XMonkey - Cerin Decker

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss
kiryogi - Eithne Rain

ramiel

Neo Member
Just got my code finally. Captain Ike starting at Limsa Lominsa, Lindblum Server. Never played ff11 or any mmo for that matter, so I'm really excited.

Salaadin

fizzelopeguss said:
lindblum is a laggy ass piece of shit server. choose something else.

You sure its not you? Ive been there for 2 days now and its no more laggy than anything I saw in closed beta. Are you sure you arent getting FPS drops that you think is lag?

EDIT: I wont be on until 10:00ish EST tonight. Im currently logged off in Ul Dah. If Anyone needs a pearl, let me know. Ill be making my way to Limsa tonight to grab some Aertheryte points as soon as I figure out how to get to the ferry. I never did find a spot to drop down yesterday.

TheFatOne

Salaadin said:
You sure its not you? Ive been there for 2 days now and its no more laggy than anything I saw in closed beta. Are you sure you arent getting FPS drops that you think is lag?

EDIT: I wont be on until 10:00ish EST tonight. Im currently logged off in Ul Dah. If Anyone needs a pearl, let me know. Ill be making my way to Limsa tonight to grab some Aertheryte points as soon as I figure out how to get to the ferry. I never did find a spot to drop down yesterday.

I would like a pearl when you get one. I should be on at that time.

Xilium

Lindblum must be too full as the game isn't letting me select that server. I'll give it a few minutes as I create my secondary character.

Salaadin

TheFatOne said:
I would like a pearl when you get one. I should be on at that time.

Were you on last night or this morning? I recognize your name.

Xilium said:
Lindblum must be too full as the game isn't letting me select that server. I'll give it a few minutes as I create my secondary character.

Weird. Thats been randomly happening. Last night it was unselectable for my sister but selectable for me. She waited 5 mins and it was selectable again.

Shouta

Ergh, these random crashes and failing levequests because of it is a load of crap. Seriously, there's no excuse for it.

I went over to Rabanastre because it was too full on Lindblum and it was really laggy.

Xilium

Salaadin said:
Weird. Thats been randomly happening. Last night it was unselectable for my sister but selectable for me. She waited 5 mins and it was selectable again.

Yeah, I'm on now but the game crashed shortly after when talking to a random npc...

On Lindblum...

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes
CAW - Kiki Gaf
Ilparazzo - Luca Blight
Lonestar - Lone Starr

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties
XMonkey - Cerin Decker
Xilium - Seto Kaiba

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor
Nolimit_SS - Nolimit Sss
kiryogi - Eithne Rain

Khrno

From Beta site:

Character Creation Restriction on Congested Worlds

Currently, certain worlds are congested due to mass numbers of character creation process.
As a countermeasure, character creation on congested worlds will be temporarily restricted.

Up on world selection on character creation menu, an icon of Chocobo is present right next to the name of the world. The number of icon shows how congested the world is. If the number of icon is low, the world is fairly vacant. So if possible, please create the character on vacant world.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your understanding.

Zalasta

My FFXI LS chose Figaro. Even though it was marked as one of the most populated servers when I selected it, I was on for 6 hours yesterday and never encountered a crash.

Moobabe

Sorry if this has been answered, I'm only just in the beta, are the servers worldwide like they were in FFXI or are they separated by region?

Two quick questions - who should I look for in game to grab a pearl?

And what should I be doing now that I've completed all my leves?

Khrno

Moobabe said:
Sorry if this has been answered, I'm only just in the beta, are the servers worldwide like they were in FFXI or are they separated by region?

Worldwide.

And what should I be doing now that I've completed all my leves?

Grind, craft, gather, explore, chill around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom