• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilparazzo

Salaadin said:
I think people are overreacting. Lets jump ship to another server because there's lag on day one of a closed open beta that has been hammered for the past 20 hours!
I thought the problem was the possibility that it would turn out to Be a RP server

Salaadin

Ilparazzo said:
I thought the problem was the possibility that it would turn out to Be a RP server
That came from a 6 post long thread on alla from what I could find. I don't know who calls the shots on rping so I have no ideas on where else to look

Personally, I think they should take out the marks that you can put above mobs. It makes the communication between party members too easy, it's too casual friendly, and its a feature from WoW so that makes it bad.

Zomba13

It's not going to be an RP server. There might be an RP link shell that make that their home (like GAF are making it their home might now, doesn't mean it's a GAF server just a server that GAF plays on)

I'm on Lindblum right now, perfectly fine. No real lag apart from when you are around tons of players but that's the same on ever server at the moment.

You're on here for 3 weeks, it's optional, and the game is focused on solo play to the point where it's detrimental to play in groups.

So who cares if a few people on the server that you're never going to talk to or play with ever are roleplayers?

Khrno

Balya said:

Oh shi-

213 votes... 213 roleplayers will take over a server for 5-10k people

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Einherjar

Decay24 said:
you won't. When you talk to the NPC, open the menu and hit synth. When the box appears, go to the very top option and select it. Then select the guildleve from the drop down box and the items should be placed into the 8 boxes for synthing.

Thanks for the tip, I highly doubt I would ever have noticed I could click that box lol. This game has such a bad explanation of how it works.

Next bitch: Gridania's story seems alot more interesting so far than Limsa's did. And so far I can read what everyone's saying! But why can't my Taru get a monocle? :(

Decay24

Neo Member
It confused me at first but I think it actually tells you how to do it. I must've done like 15 crafting leves last phase but didn't notice it the first time

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Is there anyway to tell the installer to not use My Documents folder? I can't free up 12GB of space on that since I have a smaller Windows partition and I store everything else on another drive. Can't believe how stupid SE is.

edit - nvm

Balya

Khrno said:
Oh shi-

213 votes... 213 roleplayers will take over a server for 5-10k people

http://a.imagehost.org/0400/oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't look at me, I think we should stay put. [spoiler]And RPers are hilarious.[/spoiler]
But if you go to the end of that thread you can see they're getting concerned about Lindblum being crowded too, and may end up on Besaid. Which I think someone else suggested here. :lol

Khrno

The best server at launch will be one with an average amount of chocobos towards the end of the beta. Because if there's some with just 1 chocobo, everyone will move over to that one at release.

Chocobos.. lol

Einherjar

Hmm, isn't it better to purposely fail the Alchemy guildleves, so that you can redo them over and over with free materials? Or does it save the completed ones? Like if I got to 9 of 12 of the required item, and then purposely fail, would I start at 9 next time I redo the quest?

Teknoman

Mister Zimbu said:
You're on here for 3 weeks, it's optional, and the game is focused on solo play to the point where it's detrimental to play in groups.

So who cares if a few people on the server that you're never going to talk to or play with ever are roleplayers?

I wouldnt go that far yet. If exp sucks in a party against difficult monsters while using level appropriate gear, then thats another story.

Decay24

Neo Member
Einherjar said:
Hmm, isn't it better to purposely fail the Alchemy guildleves, so that you can redo them over and over with free materials? Or does it save the completed ones? Like if I got to 9 of 12 of the required item, and then purposely fail, would I start at 9 next time I redo the quest?

no you would start over.

Khrno

There was one social LS that I knew of with about 25-30 members in my server, there were probably some JP LS that did the same, but I mean, it was irrelevant, even if sometimes you'd see them talking in their weird ancient english or something.

Zomba13

Mister Zimbu said:
Next bitch: Gridania's story seems alot more interesting so far than Limsa's did. And so far I can read what everyone's saying! But why can't my Taru get a monocle? :(
You need to unlock BRIT. Get a crumpet from the culinarian guild and then buy a monocle from the monocle vendor. Get a top hat too and go grin some skill on that brit what what.

Every time I start a guildleve on Lindblum I either lose connection or the game crashes. :lol

I think I'll go back to Cornelia for a bit.

Decay24

Neo Member
You keep the exp and skill points. you get more if you successfully craft the item however you probably will fail starting off with the guild leves. I did, I think it took me 3 or 4 leve tries until I finally crafted something for Carpenter.

Jinko

Don't take any notice of those little Chocobo icons on the servers, supposedly they are glitched and almost all servers are full, at least thats what's being said on the beta forums.

Zomba13

Jinko said:
Don't take any notice of those little Chocobo icons on the servers, supposedly they are glitched and almost all servers are full, at least thats what's being said on the beta forums.
What I read is the chocobos show the population at that time, not overall. I don't know if that's true though.

can someone please tell me if it seriously takes this long for the installer to finish downloading the game i've been stuck at like 26hrs for half a day now.

also whats the deal on getting a code will they announce when they are opening it back up again or do i just keep trying?

thanks guys

Teknoman said:
If you mean no hints as in the main quests and stuff...they tell you where to go and mark it on the map. Theres a basic combat tutorial at the beginning of each city scene. What exactly were you confused about?

The NPCs dont sell decent gear now?
About everything really, I have no idea what or where I'm supposed to go. Found out about jobs because I click everything otherwise I wouldn't have noticed hmm. Gotta find out how to craft now, where to get more quests etc. Oh well, maybe this one really isn't for me :p
So far I've been trying to do main quest(guy said to talk to him once I get to village. How lol? Clicking his name in one of those menu options but doesn't work).
Also theres too much clicking, open menu to to this, press this button to access this things menu, then this and that. Hmm, I should find someone in game to play with, will probably be more fun/easier/learn stuff quicker.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Nolimit_SS said:
About everything really, I have no idea what or where I'm supposed to go. Found out about jobs because I click everything otherwise I wouldn't have noticed hmm. Gotta find out how to craft now, where to get more quests etc. Oh well, maybe this one really isn't for me :p
So far I've been trying to do main quest(guy said to talk to him once I get to village. How lol? Clicking his name in one of those menu options but doesn't work).
Also theres too much clicking, open menu to to this, press this button to access this things menu, then this and that. Hmm, I should find someone in game to play with, will probably be more fun/easier/learn stuff quicker.

You started in Limsa right? I sent you a tell.

Einherjar

Anyone know where to get some Fine Sand?

Also, if I had started my character as an armorer (Or any Disciple of Hand), how the heck would I level up? Throw rock does nothing, and all the quests require you to already have materials. You start with 0 gold so you can't even buy a weapon to earn money for Disciple of Land stuff.

Decay24

Neo Member
Einherjar said:
Anyone know where to get some Fine Sand?

Also, if I had started my character as an armorer (Or any Disciple of Hand), how the heck would I level up? Throw rock does nothing, and all the quests require you to already have materials. You start with 0 gold so you can't even buy a weapon to earn money for Disciple of Land stuff.

You get EXP from crafting :p However I would've recommend starting as a crafting class. Easier to farm as say a Gladiator and do Guildleves for melee classes. Those give gil, sometimes 1k+ amounts of gil.

Jinko

Nolimit_SS said:

The thing with this game if you are new is just take your time and stay relaxed, granted there is a lot to learn but you will appreciate it more if you find this stuff out for yourself than get your hand held.

Khrno

From Beta site:

On Sep. 2, 2010 at approximately 18:30 (GMT), a new update for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version went live. The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version.

[Important Update Details]
- An issue wherein a player may fall through the terrain if they change equipments while moving has been addressed.

- An issue wherein a player would not be able to progress with the quest "Fire in the Sky" if they disconnect from the game during a certain event has been addressed.

- An issue wherein the screen may remain blacked out after the completion of a certain event has been addressed.

- A counter measure has been implemented to prevent an error from occurring when a player moves near the Conjurer Guild in Gridania.
* Due to this measure, certain graphical effects will be limited in certain areas.

For that annoying ass emote part of the quest in Gridania:

Sansa = Bow
Powle = Cheer
Ryd = Surprised
Aunillie = Beckon
Elyn = Lookout
Nicoliaux = Clap

NeoForte

BentMyWookiee said:
For that annoying ass emote part of the quest in Gridania:

Sansa = Bow
Powle = Cheer
Ryd = Surprised
Aunillie = Beckon
Elyn = Lookout
Nicoliaux = Clap

I think the kids are suppose to do the emote for you to figure out but they don't. Might be bugged.

NeoForte said:
I think the kids are suppose to do the emote for you to figure out but they don't. Might be bugged.

Yeah, I think it's bugged too. Right now each kid just does a single clap animation and not the actual emote you have to do to them. And the descriptions that they give you don't really help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom