• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

I'm expecting great things for the phase 3.

I just hope they adjust the mobs distribution as well. There are too many empty places just around town.

Kuro268

Neo Member
Wow... Each and everyone of those changes is gamebreaker. And by gamebreaker I mean fucking awesome.

That is all. Gonna miss my 26 Gladiator / 30 Physical character though. :lol

desu

So finally new mouse controsl ... really looking forward to them. If they are not fixed then, there is no more hope ...

falastini

It's interesting that both beta giveaways ask for what type of character your choosing along with nationality. Me thinks SE is looking for a rough survey of what's popular. Have they shown anything other then art concepts for the other two nations yet? I'm curious to what they will end up looking like.

And here's to phase 3... hopefully a lot of my whining was in vain.

Kuraine

Neo Member
So the contest over at http://eorzeapedia.com/ is an interesting one. You actually gift people with tickets to enter in a beta key raffle.

I've already exchanged mine with a friend, but as there are a lot of folks here with access, and I currently don't have my own beta account, it would be awesome to get some more chances to get a key :D

For those generous, my user name over there is the same as it is here.

Salaadin

Kuraine said:
So the contest over at http://eorzeapedia.com/ is an interesting one. You actually gift people with tickets to enter in a beta key raffle.

I've already exchanged mine with a friend, but as there are a lot of folks here with access, and I currently don't have my own beta account, it would be awesome to get some more chances to get a key :D

For those generous, my user name over there is the same as it is here.

You can only send one gift? The way Im reading it sounds like you can send as many as you want but you can only receive from each unique account. If thats right, we should all get together and gift eachother.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Salaadin said:
You can only send one gift? The way Im reading it sounds like you can send as many as you want but you can only receive from each unique account. If thats right, we should all get together and gift eachother.

Good eye. Yeah, looks like you can send as many as you want, but only once to each account. So, let's get some account names pooled up and we can start sending em to each other.

Salaadin

Kuraine said:
Good eye. Yeah, looks like you can send as many as you want, but only once to each account. So, let's get some account names pooled up and we can start sending em to each other.

Salaadin

I gifted you

Salaadin

Kuraine said:
Awesome, thanks :D I gifted you back, as well as the other folks that have sent me one so far.

Me too. Ill just say now that anyone who gifts me will also be gifted in return. I have it set for them to email me when I get gifted so Ill be sure return the favor.

thefil

Even though I swore to myself I wouldn't play another MMO, here I am asking questions...

I played in the alpha, but being sworn off MMOs, I haven't touched the beta. What's different about combat? I checked the OP and didn't see a breakdown.

Londa

Banned
thefil said:
Even though I swore to myself I wouldn't play another MMO, here I am asking questions...

I played in the alpha, but being sworn off MMOs, I haven't touched the beta. What's different about combat? I checked the OP and didn't see a breakdown.

Battle speed is much faster.

Doodlebug

[List removed because there's a better one going, comprised entirely of GAFers, courtesy of Salaadin.]

Would anyone else like one?

btickete8w5.png

My handle over there is as here.

Salaadin

Doodlebug said:
Sent a Beta Ticket to the following so far:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic

I think I got you too. Thanks.

Londa

Banned
Doodlebug said:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic
Aramil34
Cecil75

This is not even about your quote but yesterday I was looking around Youtube and I saw a FFXI video when a mithra named Doodlebug.

Excko

Doodlebug said:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic
Aramil34
Cecil75

I sent a gift to all these people, plus Doodlebug as well :)

edit : How to you set your account so that it automatically give a gift back?

Doodlebug

Londa said:
This is not even about your quote but yesterday I was looking around Youtube and I saw a FFXI video when a mithra named Doodlebug.

Ha. Well, I haven't played FFXI in a long time, and never as a Mithra. I was a Taru -- which, by the way, I still prefer to the Lalafell. Anyone with me on that? That might change.

Excko said:
I sent a gift to all these people, plus Doodlebug as well :)

I don't think all those are GAFers, but I'm sure they'll be just as pleased. Thanks.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Give a Gift to Gromph :)

I will give back to all :)

Also giffted all to the list.

Zomba13

I'm on Eorzeapedia too and would like beta tickets. I'll send mine out as well to people who want them. Would be nice to get the beta access on my account so I don't have to share with my friend.
EDIT: Name is Zomba13 there too.

LaneDS

I think the stamina gauge might be useful or fun if you had auto-attack going, with the ability to use your abilities (that cost stamina) on top of it. As it stands now, you get a few attacks at the start and then you're stamina starved for the rest of the fight, using one ability as the gauge refills itself to that point. I don't think it's much faster than alpha, in practice, especially with all the delay in issuing commands. There's still some sort of cooldown at work behind abilities, so with a full stamina bar you couldn't empty it really quickly.

Pretty ho-hum, in my opinion.

Salaadin

Updated list:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic
Aramil34
Cecil75
Gromph
Doodlebug
Juhpe
Teknoman
Zomba13
Clothmap
Maxte
Mephesta
Zerohaste
Robobandit
Median
Napophis
Letmein
Husker86
Mandoric
Shrykewolf
Rerial
Linknz
Broadbandit
Donatelli
Estival

The majority of those are confirmed gaffers. If you arent on, let me know or just quote this post and add yourself.

Im finding the easiest way to gift people is by using this link:
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Special:GiveGift?title=Special:GiveGift&user=USERNAMEHERE
Just replace the USERNAME HERE at the end with someones actual username and itll take you right to the gift selection screen.
Or just open up 50 tabs of this link: http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Special:GiveGift and type in everyones name.

Contest main page for those that havent seen it yet.

Doodlebug

Doodlebug said:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic
Aramil34
Cecil75
Excko
Syndrome2000
Zerocool
Sokukaze
Gromph
Cityhuntr
Nirgilis
Magikey
Sephirothx
Juhpe
Rainwolf
Teknoman
Zomba13
Tancoti
Falas

btickete8w5.png

Sent a beta ticket to everyone on this list..

My handle is Robobandit over there as well.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Got my beta codes from work today. Will be ready for phase 3 to see if this game will worth a shit at launch.

Salaadin

I updated my above post but ill re-add it to the bottom so everyone can see it:

Updated list:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic
Aramil34
Cecil75
Gromph
Doodlebug
Juhpe
Teknoman
Zomba13
Clothmap
Maxte
Mephesta
Zerohaste
Robobandit
Median
Napophis
Letmein
Husker86
Mandoric
Shrykewolf
Rerial
Linknz
Broadbandit
Donatelli
Estival

The majority of those are confirmed gaffers. If you arent on, let me know or just quote this post and add yourself.

Im finding the easiest way to gift people is by using this link:
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Special:GiveGift?title=Special:GiveGift&user=USERNAMEHERE
Just replace the USERNAME HERE at the end with someones actual username and itll take you right to the gift selection screen.
Or just open up 50 tabs of this link: http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Special:GiveGift and type in everyones name.

Contest main page for those that havent seen it yet.

The monsters in that video look awesome. I love the malboro. I cant wait to see some one this stuff up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom