• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

So since SE still won't let me into the beta...

How are the two caster classes in general? It seems like they are kind of balancing the healing responsibility between the two of them, how is that working out? Are both classes popular or are most players sticking to melee jobs right now?

From what I've seen I'd probably be most interested in the Thaumaturge but I can't really get a solid idea for how the casters play (and I never played FFXI).

Londa

Banned
I think when they do let us check gear, you wont know the percentage of how torn up it is you will just get ???/50000.

I can't really see them not putting check into the game and I'm sure a bunch of people have requested it on the beta site.

Jinko

Londa said:
I think when they do let us check gear, you wont know the percentage of how torn up it is you will just get ???/50000.

LOL I get that myself unless I go into the inventory and check it, kind of stupid that if im wearing it or my retainer is holding it I can't tell its damage.

Kinan

Sadly, I can not play this game - my PC is too weak. :( I'm getting like 10-20 fps only, with controls being very unresponsive. I've connected my sixaxis, and controls are a bit more enjoyable, but overall speed is way too low to have fun with this game. Having only Athlon X2 3800+ as a processor, I'm CPU limited, and to upgrade i'll need to change way too many components. :(

I'll try to overclock a bit at the weekend, but it looks like I'll be waiting for the PS3 version.

desu

Khrno said:
So it's already the 2nd, did the German sites already send out invites?

The beta key giveout was stopped by SE due to some not further explained errors. It will be resumed once SE has fixed that.

Jinko

Southern Island here, it wouldn't let me enter the northern one.

It could depend on which area your retainer is set to though not sure.

hgplayer1

Bento said:
Don't say that >_< I... I want this game to be good : <<

Dont listen to him he's already gotten so good at crafting he's making UPS uniforms for everyone. I think he beat the beta already.

Jinko

Bento said:
Don't say that >_< I... I want this game to be good : <<

You don't always get what you want :p

TBF though there isn't a great deal of new info so nothing to talk about.

I doubt I will be playing that much until the next big patch.

Salaadin

MomoPufflet said:
More than happy to take the login of anyone that thinks the game sucks. Why let it go to waste?

Seriously :(

Ive been trying to get my sister to give me hers but she wont. She hardly plays it either and says that if I want to, I need to come over her appt and play it on her PC. {No, thanks}

I just skimmed this thread and saw that theyre planning an animation for levelling up? Thats great. Its such a small thing but I loved that in FFXI.

Londa

Banned
MomoPufflet said:
More than happy to take the login of anyone that thinks the game sucks. Why let it go to waste?

I noticed that some people stick around just to give off a negative comment. Never anything positive... Starting to think they are "enter MMO name here" fanboys that want to prove this game will fail.

LowParry

Salaadin said:
Seriously :(

Ive been trying to get my sister to give me hers but she wont. She hardly plays it either and says that if I want to, I need to come over her appt and play it on her PC. {No, thanks}

I just skimmed this thread and saw that theyre planning an animation for levelling up? Thats great. Its such a small thing but I loved that in FFXI.

I think they should allow us to custom the /emote to our choosing when a character levels up.

Kandinsky

Any conjs out there? i never got Shock in the dot line of spells, rasp, choke, burn, frost and drown got them all except the thunder one, which sucks because i have a "Lightning build" :/

Teknoman

You dont have to, i'm sure each class will have enough on its own to suffice...at least I hope. That way if you want to be 100% one class, you can. Of course no one really knows the AP limit and how many skills and traits one class will learn.

hitsugi

sorry, I looked through the first.. 10 or so pages but couldn't see if GAF had a selected world for this yet. about to give this game another go and hopefully be able to play with a few others this time around

Teknoman

hitsugi said:
sorry, I looked through the first.. 10 or so pages but couldn't see if GAF had a selected world for this yet. about to give this game another go and hopefully be able to play with a few others this time around

Shadowlord for beta.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I'll definitely start playing the beta again once I get my new PC in order, it's impossible with my current piece of shit :lol

Teknoman

Im surprised no one has put the FFXIV opening to the guile theme. At least the boat fighting and leviathan "omg face" cutscenes.

Pachinko

So just how much is there to do content wise in this beta ?

I experienced a single story related quest that had a bunch of storyline in it and then I finished all the guildleves I could with my chosen class at the first crystal zone.

I'm guessing all that's left after that is to grind up to level 10 and wander over to the next crystal zone and complete the guildleves there? or is there more to this, like for example, somethign I can do to go from level 6 to 10 without just grind'an ?

I've tried to keep the statements here as non specific as possible , despite the 1up article being up now I think we're still under some level of NDA.

Teknoman

Pachinko said:
So just how much is there to do content wise in this beta ?

I experienced a single story related quest that had a bunch of storyline in it and then I finished all the guildleves I could with my chosen class at the first crystal zone.

I'm guessing all that's left after that is to grind up to level 10 and wander over to the next crystal zone and complete the guildleves there? or is there more to this, like for example, somethign I can do to go from level 6 to 10 without just grind'an ?

I've tried to keep the statements here as non specific as possible , despite the 1up article being up now I think we're still under some level of NDA.

At level 10 class rank theres another story quest, and then probably more after another 5 or 10 class ranks till the cap for this phase I guess?

Really for Beta Phase 2 its just Guild leves at various locations, exploring, story quests until you cant do them anymore and crafting. I guess experimenting with Battle Regimen, but thats supposed to be changed.

Jinko

The battle regimens are pretty useless at the moment, it takes 2-3 minutes just to get everyone set up, in which time the monster is still hitting you, as a tank I can almost die just farting around with BR's.

They need to (and this is true for many parts of the game) simplify the process, click the button and get a list of the BR's your party can perform, have everyone verify the BR and go.

Khrno

Londa said:
I like how you would just time your WS with someone else to make a Skill chain. BR waste a lot of time.

Agreed.

BRs are just bad design, we need something more akin to SCs.

falastini

I just realized phase 3 coincides with Gamescom. They're probably gonna have a heavy presence there... hopefully with some new changes to show off.

Salaadin

falastini said:
I just realized phase 3 coincides with Gamescom. They're probably gonna have a heavy presence there... hopefully with some new changes to show off.

Plus all those German sites were supposed to be giving out keys.
Why Germany? Its like world war 2 all over again :(

Londa

Banned
falastini said:
Aug 18-22?

Isn't phase 3 starting on the 22?

They haven't given a date for Beta 3 yet. But from the announcement about Beta 3 they said that it would start early August. Those dates are around mid to then end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom