• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

/action Cure me
/Action Cure Me
/action Cure main me
/Action Cure Main me
/action "Cure" me
/action Cure "me"
/action cure me

non of that works wtf D:

Teknoman

Cure needs to just have sub targeting like provoke does.

EDIT: I mean while you are fighting an enemy, if you choose provoke, another smaller reticule pops up, and you can target any nearby enemy for provoke, without disengaging the current enemy.

If cure worked like that, you would have the same sub target selecter pop up, starting on yourself, and just be able to cycle through party members without disengaging the enemy.

Londa

Banned
You might lol at me but I just failed 3 leve's. This makes no sense because yesterday I passed two in a row doing my method and this is the first time I've had issues. Did they change crafting results? This is odd.

Teknoman

Actually I dont think the orb has anything to do with synthing, since it only pops up during blacksmithing or anything that has something to do with welding.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I realize they would nerf the xp given when on leves, but holy shit that nerfed it into the ground. I figured they would change the retimer to balance it out but not yet. Granted, I only tried the Camp Beard Rock ones but holy crap.

Also..uh, aren't there two other starting nations or something? How come these areas aren't being tested as well?

Azrael

Kintaro said:
I realize they would nerf the xp given when on leves, but holy shit that nerfed it into the ground. I figured they would change the retimer to balance it out but not yet. Granted, I only tried the Camp Beard Rock ones but holy crap.

Yeah, maybe it just slows down after hitting rank 10, but I went from rank 1-8 doing 4 leves at Camp Bearded Rock on Saturday. Completed 3 leves at Camp Skull Valley today and didn't get one rank.

Husker86

Azrael said:
Yeah, maybe it just slows down after hitting rank 10, but I went from rank 1-8 doing 4 leves at Camp Bearded Rock on Saturday. Completed 3 leves at Camp Skull Valley today and didn't get one rank.

It does, a lot. Even without the leves, I was getting enough exp from killing little rats to level me up in 3-4 kills at the beginning. Today at physical lvl 11, rank 9, I was getting like 350-400 exp and 120-150 rank points (with total level exp equaling 23k and rank up around 5.5k).

Did some mining for a while and got 1000exp for every thing I dug up, that was a nice way to quickly boost physical level.

Where do I buy the tools for Blacksmithing? I went to the guild and the only guy that sold anything sold the tools to become an Armorsmith.

gillty

Banned
Kintaro said:
Also..uh, aren't there two other starting nations or something? How come these areas aren't being tested as well?
there were stories posted earlier today detailing an event with the two other nations at ffxivcore and gamespot, both were pulled temporarily apparently because the embargo is lifted at 8pm...
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/10906-hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-in-san-francisco/

jiggle said:
thanks
lemme try that

how can you tell which requires sub?

/action Cure sub me

still doesn't work :/
/action "Cure" main <me>

Husker86 said:
Where do I buy the tools for Blacksmithing? I went to the guild and the only guy that sold anything sold the tools to become an Armorsmith.
hawkers alley I believe

Salaadin

Londa said:
You might lol at me but I just failed 3 leve's. This makes no sense because yesterday I passed two in a row doing my method and this is the first time I've had issues. Did they change crafting results? This is odd.

Lol. I cant grasp it. Im sure itll be ironed our or someone will figure out the system behind it.

Tried Goldsmithing for the first time, I like the crafting system. Although I do not really understand what exactly is going on, nor what's better as far as choices, but it was interesting at least. I could see myself getting into it once I know what I am actually doing. Very cool to earn exp from crafting too.

Do you guys think Disciples of Hand will have enough gil and supplies to make items? It seems to me, you would want a melee or mage class to earn items, and then craft as a secondary class.

Teknoman

Classic_Gs said:
Tried Goldsmithing for the first time, I like the crafting system. Although I do not really understand what exactly is going on, nor what's better as far as choices, but it was interesting at least. I could see myself getting into it once I know what I am actually doing. Very cool to earn exp from crafting too.

Do you guys think Disciples of Hand will have enough gil and supplies to make items? It seems to me, you would want a melee or mage class to earn items, and then craft as a secondary class.

You can do local leves to earn gil and exp/skill as well as guildmarks for recipe books. They give you the materials to make the items.

Londa

Banned
I really believe that they made crafting harder. Before the mini update crafting was really easy and I didn't have to hardly think to get the item made. Now, it really doesn't matter what you do. Even if you make a item and try to repeat what you did to make it, you will still fail on the next item.

I was 85% done with an item with 50% durability and I selected standard and it dropped down to a fail. Its much harder to make anything.

NeoForte said:
Is there a GAF LS on Shadowlord?

Yes most people are on Shadowlord.

jiggle

i noticed a small improvement in menu speed
at least for selling items
went from like 10 seconds to sell each item, to like 6-7 seconds

careksims

Damn 2 run-time errors cost me 2 quests. I hope they find a way to address errors and disconnects during quests. So annoying to have a fail and wait 48 hrs. Sheesh!

gillty

Banned
NeoForte said:
Is there a Lancer guild in Limsa at all?
Why are you looking for a Lancer guild?

all of the basic weapons for you to switch classes is sold at thundersticks and abilites are automatically trained and added to the ability menu

NeoForte

Valru said:
Why are you looking for a Lancer guild?

all of the basic weapons for you to switch classes is sold at thundersticks and abilites are automatically trained and added to the ability menu

I dunno, I want to learn some new abilities. I'm Lv7 and Rank 5 already and all I got is Light Thrust.

Teknoman

NeoForte said:
I dunno, I want to learn some new abilities. I'm Lv7 and Rank 5 already and all I got is Light Thrust.

Go to Actions & Traits -> choose the drop down menu on the right with the keyboard and go to Lancer. You should know more than light thrust i'd think...also talk to Baderon.

21ae68h.jpg

w06syv.jpg

20iutlc.jpg

2cx8apc.jpg

ezhora.jpg

975wz5.jpg

2r5gci8.jpg

kbsle9.jpg

dyszg9.jpg

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Maintenance

On Aug. 17, 2010 from 2:30 to 4:00 (PDT), we will be performing emergency maintenance on all Worlds. During this maintenance period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.
* The tester site will continue to be available during maintenance.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Just got my new leves, and they only go to Bloodshore still. I'm lv 20 phys/ 18 glad, was hoping something more would open up. Is the lv 20 Bloodshore leves as high as it gets in beta 3?

Munba

According to japanese sites, it seems open beta in early september will have ul'dah and gridania inside. Btw, take it as rumor for now.

Jinko

LOL love the Porcupine, im glad they are adding some variety to the mobs even if its just a fury tail (Tiny Dormouse) or the spikes on the Porcupine.

Pics of Ul'dah
ffxivgame20100806123458.jpg

ffxivgame20100806145908.jpg

ffxivgame20100806160704.jpg

ffxivgame20100806163452.jpg

Girdiania
ffxivgame20100803110846.jpg

ffxivgame20100803121816.jpg

ffxivgame20100804155057.jpg

Kintaro said:

Fuck, the leve's were about the only thing i enjoyed in beta.

Salaadin

Eorzeapedia has a rough trasnlation of the game watch article. It basically states that open beta starts in September and will add more guildleves and give us Gridania and Ul'Dah to start in. More details will be announced shortly.

It also says that it will be shown at Gamescom but I think we knew that already.

Londa

Banned
Salaadin said:
Eorzeapedia has a rough trasnlation of the game watch article. It basically states that open beta starts in September and will add more guildleves and give us Gridania and Ul'Dah to start in. More details will be announced shortly.

It also says that it will be shown at Gamescom but I think we knew that already.

Why couldn't they just start Beta 3 like this instead of waiting 22 days before retail release?

Salaadin

Londa said:
Why couldn't they just start Beta 3 like this instead of waiting 22 days before retail release?

I dont know. All theyve done know is made everyone want to pick a different city. Limsa is going to be empty :^O

eosos

Banned
Is there any way to make the game fullscreen? I just got in to the beta and I can not seem to find a graphics menu.

Salaadin

eosos said:
Is there any way to make the game fullscreen? I just got in to the beta and I can not seem to find a graphics menu.

ffxivconfig.exe is what you want. Click on that to get the config options. You do most of the graphics config outside of the main game. In there youll find your textures, AA, DoF, resolution, and windowed/full screen.

After you config everything, use ffxivboot.exe to play.

eosos said:

There's a separate configuration utility you need to run before you start the game. Check your start menu.

Munba

Seeing gridania first zone screens (my fave starting point for now), really hope to not have only 'corridors' and 'rooms' in the forest.. after playing la noscea vast zone i couldn't play in there, also thinking to the crowd of people around in the release.

Jinko

Becareful buying accessories, you are only allocated 12 slot points and each item costs 3 points each, so you can only wear 4 accessories although we have 9 slots in total... WHY SE WHY ?

He looked at me once too. I ran. The he stuck out his tongue from 25 feet away and pulled me back and killed me.

That ability is quite neat.

Khrno

Londa said:

They probably want to release a newer build with more fixes and adjustments, so they must need the extra days of work.

Teknoman said:
Heh straight from FF II:

Tanaka is awesome.

Salaadin said:
He looked at me once too. I ran. The he stuck out his tongue from 25 feet away and pulled me back and killed me.

Now that's a real Draw In!

Teknoman said:
You can do local leves to earn gil and exp/skill as well as guildmarks for recipe books. They give you the materials to make the items.
Ah cool, good to know. I will have go try out some of the DOH leves then.

Wow at the new pics! There is no way I am starting out in Limsa :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom