• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Hasney

I just accidentally added some items too cheap and was trying to get them back.

Gonna have a game of Hands of Fate and see if they're back.

_BtB_

Connection issues on Ultros? Got booted out, then had 125 in the queue, got to loading and it booted me straight out with 231 in the queue.

Glad I checked this thread before trying over and over. Will just do some auction stuff in WoW until this gets sorted.

Also needing some of the fruit to dye chocobos, where can I get them besides auction? I can't afford the prices that ppl put up on ultros :(

So I guess now would be a good time to ask. How much does this apply?:

Oh it still applies. Basically monk is the class that changed the least in the expansion. Your DPS rotation is like 99% the same, you just have one more ogcd ability to weave in(a really strong one though, aoe with good potency and relatively low cd) and a couple of other ogcd that have situational uses(as in, you use them like once or twice per fight).

The main difference for monk gameplay is everytime you have to dodge out of something/the boss leaves to take a small break before doing something big, you're now spamming abilities like an idiot to charge up for when you can hit it again. It takes a bit to get used to though cause a lot of the time you're focused on dodging stuff when really you should be dodging stuff AND" meditating", which involves doing jet engine noises over and over, or doing a totally awkward "demonstration punch" while sliding on the ground to advance your stance.

I find it pretty fun, but I hadn't played monk in a while so the old gameplay isn't really boring to me since it's been so long. And performance seems good, I'm like i160ish but doing 700-900DPS depending on the fight, which is fine(around 1k on dummy from a quick parse).

Omni

I started playing the base game for the first time. On PS4. A bit confusing but I think I'll get there eventually.

Any random tips or anything? Probably not the thread to ask I suppose >.>

Omni

Why wouldn't this be the thread?
I figured everyone is playing the expansion so discussion would be focused on and around that, rather than the base game. Wasn't sure if there was another community thread like other games. Never mind then :)

Hasney

What class are you playing? I think the game does a good job of easing you in to the first 30 or so levels mind you.

Aeana

I figured everyone is playing the expansion so discussion would be focused on and around that, rather than the base game. Wasn't sure if there was another community thread like other games. Never mind then :)
The expansion just adds on to the back end of the game. It also brings 3 new jobs that start at level 30 which must do pre expansion content to progress. In the end, it's still just one game called Final Fantasy 14. This is the thread for that game. So by all means, you're in the right place.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ravana Ex down! Took me about 2 hours and 2 PF groups, but at least it wasn't as hard as Ramuh.

Se'kami

Neo Member
EX primals cleared, i179 on my DRG and patiently trying to grind Ravana EX for that Hive Spear so I'm ready for Alexander raid stuffs. :3

I'm Se'kami in the FC by the way!

Stuart444

EX primals cleared, i179 on my DRG and patiently trying to grind Ravana EX for that Hive Spear so I'm ready for Alexander raid stuffs. :3

I'm Se'kami in the FC by the way!

Hi Se'kami!

<- Jade Arcana

I've had a nice break for the last few days or so. Will probably get back into game by Monday/Tuesday at the latest. And then I can try Neverreap/Fractal since I've not tried them yet lol. (though I hear they are bad but whatever lol)

Moaradin

Hopefully I'll be able to get Ravana EX today. Joined one learning party yesterday but I still don't feel comfortable joining a clear party yet. Got to see up to Final Liberation at least.

Grisby

So, I'm getting back into this later this week. Beat the original game just a few weeks ago and decided to take a break and avoid the big new deal rush. How's White Mage been in the new content?

Also, I bought the disc version of HW. Does that have the base game on it too? I'm seeing it's 50 gigs on the back so I'm wondering if when this installs if I can delete the regular ARR of the PS4.

Se'kami

Neo Member
Hi Se'kami!

<- Jade Arcana

I've had a nice break for the last few days or so. Will probably get back into game by Monday/Tuesday at the latest. And then I can try Neverreap/Fractal since I've not tried them yet lol. (though I hear they are bad but whatever lol)
Hey Jade!

NR/TFC are pretty easy dungeons, imo. They just take FOREVER with the current gear, even at max it's about 30-35 mins a run.

Also, I bought the disc version of HW. Does that have the base game on it too? I'm seeing it's 50 gigs on the back so I'm wondering if when this installs if I can delete the regular ARR of the PS4.
It doesn't. They sell packages with ARR/HW together I believe, but when you buy the expansion they assume you already have ARR. It's pretty cheap now though, so you could get away buying it for no more than $20 (probably less).

What server is the GAF FC on?
Ultros!

Grisby

It doesn't. They sell packages with ARR/HW together I believe, but when you buy the expansion they assume you already have ARR. It's pretty cheap now though, so you could get away buying it for no more than $20 (probably less).
Ultros!
No, I've still got the ARR disc. Was just wondering how much all this is gonna take up on my poor ps4 drive.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got my Hive weapon on the 3rd run, yay.

The last 2 runs were extremely laggy during parts where movement is required. It was the worst.

IvorB

Hi Se'kami!

<- Jade Arcana

Fractal Continuum is pretty cool I think.

Rowena

Neo Member
May be a silly question, but why do high level players do low level dungeons? I'm level 34 doing Haukke Manor, and my group were all high level. Just curious

Rising_Hei

had my first try on bis extreme yesterday, man, the other tank being really slow for the switch and lacking tanking common sense made things impossible.

Reached the last stage tho and thing looked easy, definitely much more easier than any previous extreme i've encountered before (when they were just released)

Kadin

I'm getting ready to re-sub to the game, been away since a couple months after launch.

Anyone have a recruitment code they'd like to share?

Thanks.

Audioboxer

Done my first dungeon. Level 15 one. Didn't really know what to do except DPS lol. Luckily the tank and healer were top notch. Didn't get any good loot for my arcanist but it was fun.

Found the UI to drive me mad on the PS4 in the dungeon, soo much shit everywhere. Think I'll work on redoing my UI before any more levelling. Almost at 20 for a mount!

With all the new XP boosts it seems I'll outlevel all the dungeons. Should I still try them all or are there a few specifics early on that are good for arcanists?

RMQdDR6.jpg

Alex Gear Set, potato quality

Lala Healer as Shantoto cosplay confirmed

And here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUN8hLVpye4&feature=youtu.be

Kadin

PM me with your email and i'll send it then, thanks :)
Thanks again. Only 353 minutes to go and I'll get to see how much has changed/improved compared to launch.

I have a 25 Thaumaturge on Gilgamesh but think I might start a new char on Ultros since it seems that's where GAF resides. Probably best to start over as I don't remember much of anything.

edit: oh I already have one (level 2 Gladiator) on Ultros. Perfect.

tmespe

Just got this game and enjoying it so far. Got my chocobo and just applied to the GAF guild. The armors in this game are outstanding, even at low level.

I've also not started my subscription yet...anyone want the recruit a friend bonuses? Off to the zoo with my son, but PM me and I'll set it up in a few hours.

Audioboxer

Do you get that cool friendship circlet with 20% bonus XP from recruiting? Wish I had known I'd have let someone recruit me! Unless its only for brand new players. My account had just been inactive for over a year.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Do you get that cool friendship circlet with 20% bonus XP from recruiting? Wish I had known I'd have let someone recruit me! Unless its only for brand new players. My account had just been inactive for over a year.

Both recruiter and recruit receive it after the recruit subs for 30 days so you can still get it by giving your recruiter code to someone who is about to sub.

Top Bottom