• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Uthred

Yeah this is the way I see it. If people know they will need to move why would anyone be trying to squeeze two Fire IV's together? One needs to make decisions based on what's happening in the moment-to-moment. It's kind of depressing to see that what people seem to want is a set list of skills they can just fire off in order every time no matter the circumstances.

If you have to move why would anyone switch to F1,F4,F1,F4 over F1, F4, F4, F1 considering its not only a DPS loss its slower to cast? Its also extremely disingenuous to categorise the reasonable comments people have made about the current BLM playstyle as people wanting a simplified cookie cutter approach (its also amusing because at the end of the day that is ultimately what both the old and new BLM rotation are). Of course one has to make decisions based on the flow of combat, but the current timing of the BLM rotation makes responding to those decisions unduly punishing, especially when you place it in context with the other DPS classes.

colafizz

Neo Member
Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked recently but how is Ultros from a European perspective? Will I have trouble finding groups before US peak times?

Last time I played I wasn't taking part in a community so I got bored pretty quickly but with Heavensward looking mighty fine compared to Wow's 6.2 I'd like to hop back in. Seems the perfect MMO currently!

Audioboxer

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked recently but how is Ultros from a European perspective? Will I have trouble finding groups before US peak times?

Last time I played I wasn't taking part in a community so I got bored pretty quickly but with Heavensward looking mighty fine compared to Wow's 6.2 I'd like to hop back in. Seems the perfect MMO currently!

I've been fine on Ultros and I'm in the UK. Ran my first dungeon as DPS and wait was 15 minutes. Its literally the first dungeon in the game though so higher levels will be more populated.

Audioboxer

Both recruiter and recruit receive it after the recruit subs for 30 days so you can still get it by giving your recruiter code to someone who is about to sub.

Damn wish I'd been able to help someone out and get it myself. Only have the XP boost hat to level 10. 20 or 25 is it, would help for levelling all these professions I'm starting out with.

Se'kami

Neo Member

My entire static is EU (except for me) and they seem to do pretty well!

Is it me or did something happen to all the DPS between 50-60 that made them dumber than usual? It seems like there's also some unwritten rule to either not attack the mob the tank is attacking or make sure that your not fighting the other DPS' mob.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Is it me or did something happen to all the DPS between 50-60 that made them dumber than usual? It seems like there's also some unwritten rule to either not attack the mob the tank is attacking or make sure that your not fighting the other DPS' mob.
Most DPS sucked already. Now with the new moves is too confusing for them and they run around like headless chickens and pushing buttons.

Omni

Okay... I think I messed up. I was killed while doing a quest. New to the game.

Anyway. I chose "wait" instead of respawning just because I was curious. But now it seems I can't get back up? What do I do?

Pancho

Qurupancho
Okay... I think I messed up. I was killed while doing a quest. New to the game.

Anyway. I chose "wait" instead of respawning just because I was curious. But now it seems I can't get back up? What do I do?

Respawn, there's a little tab on the screen that will say something like "return to starting point". You'll get respawned to the aetheryte crystal that you marked as home, if you haven't set any crystal as home, by default you'll get sent to your starting town. There is absolutely no penalty for dying, the waiting option is there just in case there's someone near with a revive spell who can revive you (if you ask them and if they want to.)

Omni

Respawn, there's a little tab on the screen that will say something like "return to starting point". You'll get respawned to the aetheryte crystal that you marked as home, if you haven't set any crystal as home, by default you'll get sent to your starting town. There is absolutely no penalty for dying, the waiting option is there just in case there's someone near with a revive spell who can revive you (if you ask them and if they want to.)
Hmm, I didn't see that option at all. Was starting to think that I had to wait for someone to stumble on me... haha. Even logged out and back in. Thank you!

Jolkien

58-59 grind is so bad.

I'm literally out of quests 56 and above. Guess I'm just going to have to grind vault.

Hmm odd I have so many side quest to do still and I'm at 60. I just began the last zone and dinged 60. Didn't ran a single leveling dungeon more than once. Besides each daily roulettes once per day.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I missed the story of coil 6-13... how do i go about that now?
How many people for unsynced@60?

Valor

58-59 is really easy. Just did it last night. The side quests in Idyllshire give ~3M exp total. I did that and 2 marks bills plus some Vault runs to hit 59.

Oh yeah, first time through it's super easy. I'm leveling my Ninja now without access to a ton of sidequests and it's borderline brutal.

People really should not force a "speed run" mindset on the HW dungeons in DF. Especially not Neverreap/Fractal. It's really frustrating for someone still getting used to their job in those dungeons to succumb to "big pulls please".

I haven't had to deal with this until I did EXDR as PLD today. Was told by a MCH and WHM to do big pulls. I'm freshly 60 and wasn't ready to do it, but was forced into anyway as they were pulling more packs.

I managed to get ahold of things and started grabbing 2-3 packs and doing okay till we got to the final area of Neverreap with the Dhalmels. They hit pretty hard so I wanted to just do those 2 Dhalmels before the last pack, but the healer pulled the last pack anyway midway through the fight and died as I tried to grab them.

MCH kited all the mobs for like 3 minutes not letting me regrab hate and get a handle of shit, then when things finally died he said, "Nice tanking-.-".

Reeeeeeeeeally bummed me out and I don't think I'm gonna do EXDR without friends for a while.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
People really should not force a "speed run" mindset on the HW dungeons in DF. Especially not Neverreap/Fractal. It's really frustrating for someone still getting used to their job in those dungeons to succumb to "big pulls please".

I haven't had to deal with this until I did EXDR as PLD today. Was told by a MCH and WHM to do big pulls. I'm freshly 60 and wasn't ready to do it, but was forced into anyway as they were pulling more packs.

I managed to get ahold of things and started grabbing 2-3 packs and doing okay till we got to the final area of Neverreap with the Dhalmels. They hit pretty hard so I wanted to just do those 2 Dhalmels before the last pack, but the healer pulled the last pack anyway midway through the fight and died as I tried to grab them.

MCH kited all the mobs for like 3 minutes not letting me regrab hate and get a handle of shit, then when things finally died he said, "Nice tanking-.-".

Reeeeeeeeeally bummed me out and I don't think I'm gonna do EXDR without friends for a while.

Nah, that's not common

IJoel

Do we really need to create another account on the guild website to be part of the gaf guild? This seems really lazy on my part, but there's nothing more I loathe about the internet than having to create accounts everywhere. :p

You just ran into some assholes which is unfortunate. 90% of roulttes no one says a damn thing outside of 'Hi' at the start

Yeah I sent you a PM.

Thanks, I replied.

No idea why I'm having trouble setting up. I created a SE about and it won't let me log in on PS4. Now it's requesting a one time password which I've never established.

Haha, turns out they hate auto fill-in from the PS4.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks, I replied.

No idea why I'm having trouble setting up. I created a SE about and it won't let me log in on PS4. Now it's requesting a one time password which I've never established.

Haha, turns out they hate auto fill-in from the PS4.

Hmm, not seeing your message. Try again?

Whogie

Ishgard has some ilvl 115 stuff from NPCs, but is there anything like that for crafting gear? I can't find a vendor. I see some level 54 stuff near the moogles, but I'm not 54 yet.

Twookie

so i got a new dance emote from a quest today, so i decided to try it out.
when i did, a player of those gnome-elf things came up to me, did a point emote and said "idiot" and then left

is this normal, did i do something wrong?
i mean that dance did look pretty goofy but lol

Ken

when i did, a player of those gnome-elf things came up to me, did a point emote and said "idiot" and then left

Lol.

The politically correct term is "potato"

aceface

You just got served.

Zomba13

Those are lalafells AKA potatoes AKA soulless children.

They are all, 100% terrible people and terrible players. This is a truth fact.

May be a silly question, but why do high level players do low level dungeons? I'm level 34 doing Haukke Manor, and my group were all high level. Just curious
One reason is, the Zodiac weapon quest line includes a section that requires doing old dungeons to help power up the weapon. Another, there's a special currency that can be earned by doing them.

Rising_Hei

I haven't encountered anyone that asked me to do such a thing in more than 2 weeks, you've been just unlucky.

And even if they did, i'd ignore them, i'd gladly let them die if they pull, i'm the tank, not them :p you have to be like this if you encounter bad randoms

I think I'm just going to stick with PLD.

Grinding dungeons and stuff for EXP on multiple classes is destroying my soul. If I ever do level another class to 60 it will be once they made some changes to the EXP given out by fates, roulettes, etc.

Top Bottom