• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kemal86

I think I'm just going to stick with PLD.

Grinding dungeons and stuff for EXP on multiple classes is destroying my soul. If I ever do level another class to 60 it will be once they made some changes to the EXP given out by fates, roulettes, etc.

I feel that. I really want to level up another class but I've been dreading it. I may just make another character or something.

Stuart444

And even if they did, i'd ignore them, i'd gladly let them die if they pull, i'm the tank, not them :p you have to be like this if you encounter bad randoms

Pretty much. I'd just let them die if they try to force it by pulling crap. What are they going to do after all? Kick me? Then it would just take them longer to find a tank and thus longer to complete the dungeon while I can just queue up again with no penalty, be in a group quickly enough and most likely a group that won't pull that shit.

Zomba13

Pretty much. I'd just let them die if they try to force it by pulling crap. What are they going to do after all? Kick me? Then it would just take them longer to find a tank and thus longer to complete the dungeon while I can just queue up again with no penalty, be in a group quickly enough and most likely a group that won't pull that shit.

This reminds me of a time a day or so ago that I did Qarn on LLDR. In the final room where you put the stones in I put the right ones in, was about to twist the thing and a guy in the PT just took one out and turned it, locking off the "treasure" and spawning adds.

I even asked him why he did that and he didn't answer.

This reminds me of a time a day or so ago that I did Qarn on LLDR. In the final room where you put the stones in I put the right ones in, was about to twist the thing and a guy in the PT just took one out and turned it, locking off the "treasure" and spawning adds.

I even asked him why he did that and he didn't answer.

Wow that level of trolling took effort and energy. 10/10

Squishy3

I got copperbell in my LLDR on my PLD and the healer DCed at the very beginning and while we were waiting for the healer to come back... the lancer just started pulling mobs for no reason. We were able to kill the first set (with me at like 300 HP left) but then he went forward and pulled like 9 enemies and I said fuck it and let him die and he promptly left right after lol

I think I'm just going to stick with PLD.

Grinding dungeons and stuff for EXP on multiple classes is destroying my soul. If I ever do level another class to 60 it will be once they made some changes to the EXP given out by fates, roulettes, etc.

It's kinda bad but as long as you have enough rested exp, the dungeons give more than enough exp. Well provided you're leveling a tank or healer, those dps queues can be rough.

constant Bis EX failure runs without a clear are really sucking out the fun I'm having with the game. Just once I would like a competent team who knows what the fuck they're doing!

Aselith

Found out last night that the Dravarian Mistletoe is on the Sundries vendor in the Jeweled Crozier looks like it was a hotfix for that monumental fuck up. So long, supply constraint, you will not be missed. :)

Uthred

MCH kited all the mobs for like 3 minutes not letting me regrab hate and get a handle of shit, then when things finally died he said, "Nice tanking-.-".

Reeeeeeeeeally bummed me out and I don't think I'm gonna do EXDR without friends for a while.

Just let them die, seriously, the best way to deal with people pulling shit when youre tanking is to ask them to stop and if they dont then dont bother trying to pull aggro.

Going to start leveling my character on Ultros/GAF FC soon. Not entirely sure if I want to continue with BRD at the moment or if I should pick something else up to 60 first. May even make another character just for a fresh start (maybe).

Are there any jobs the FC needs or will be wanted for Alexander and such?

Dawg

How much does it cost for a new player to get everything on PS4?

Is PS4 just as good as PC minus the obvious differences any console game has vs pc?

/noob

K.Sabot

constant Bis EX failure runs without a clear are really sucking out the fun I'm having with the game. Just once I would like a competent team who knows what the fuck they're doing!

Yeah I gave up, my FC is too small and is still leveling and PF only has DPS that don't understand the concept of "optimal dps rotation". Had been trying to find a group to succeed for almost a week.

How much does it cost for a new player to get everything on PS4?

Is PS4 just as good as PC minus the obvious differences any console game has vs pc?

/noob

$24 for the base game game on Amazon and $40 for the expansion.
The PC and PS4 versions are the same besides graphics I believe. Game has cross-server so the two systems have to maintain parity content wise.
Edit: Combo version that I didn't know existed.

aceface

Found out last night that the Dravarian Mistletoe is on the Sundries vendor in the Jeweled Crozier looks like it was a hotfix for that monumental fuck up. So long, supply constraint, you will not be missed. :)

What's this all about? Unless I'm thinking of something different, Dravanian Mistletoe was never all that rare, I gathered a lot of it myself and the nq's sold for about 1000-1500 each on the Ultros mb. Unspoiled node in Churning mists, right?

What's this all about? Unless I'm thinking of something different, Dravanian Mistletoe was never all that rare, I gathered a lot of it myself and the nq's sold for about 1000-1500 each on the Ultros mb. Unspoiled node in Churning mists, right?

That was in the recent patch, they added some gathering stuff to the vendor. It was in the patch notes I believe.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ishgardian Knight: We would like to treaty with the Moogles. We need you to go back to the moogles and talk with them.

We need you to go back to the moogles

5cmjX5P.gif

squadr0n

If anyone is still If anyone is still debating picking up the expansion at the moment GMG has it on sale for VIP at $29.99

Just used my appearance change potion. The new race looks sick. I know we're gunna have a ton running around but idc, they still look amazing. Can't wait to spot my first Goku lol.

MogCakes

I hate hunts but I'm doing them anyway. Why? Because when Alexander hits, 90% of the PFs will be limited to i180.

Average ilvl requirement for BisEX one week ago: i160
Average ilvl requirement for BisEX today: i170

It's only logical. God I hate hunts

Aselith

It was highly rare and expensive when it was even available until 5 days ago when they hotfixed it on a vendor for 1300gil. Before it was on an unspoiled node that appeared every 30 minutes. It was literally not available to buy at all until about 2 days after EA ended and at that point was about 100k normal quality per item on my server, Mateus. It stayed very close to that price until the hotfix. It basically completely blocked up a lot of crafter progression because so much of the gear relied on crafting much lower level gear or paying huge sums of money or simply not progressing.

Not to mention that Unspoiled nodes are also where you make the collectible items that give you a ton of xp so a lot of those Botanists are going to be using the Unspoiled nodes to level and not to gather items.

Compound with the quick nerf they put on doing Leves under 50 giving xp to people leveling those skills and it was kind of a recipe for disaster unless you had a Botanist to just do it yourself.

Contrast that with the other part of Holy Water which is available as a normal node in the Dravarian Foreland and was available for a reasonable price pretty soon into EA.

It was just super dumb to gate what is early crafter progression behind a basically unassailable wall. Frankly, their fix is jsut as bad because they completely destroyed the value of an item from an Unspoiled node by making it a vendor item :/ Sucks for Botanists. Moving it to a standard node would have been much more reasonable.

Also even after you make the stuff it doesn't sell because they are giving it away with quests and selling it on vendors.

Rokam

So think I'm going to try my hand at tanking (Paladin). Have a question regarding cast time on monster abilities, do I need to wait for the animation to go off before positioning myself back in front of the mob for tanking or can I move back in as soon as the tell on the ground goes away?

Xux

So think I'm going to try my hand at tanking (Paladin). Have a question regarding cast time on monster abilities, do I need to wait for the animation to go off before positioning myself back in front of the mob for tanking or can I move back in as soon as the tell on the ground goes away?
As soon as the casting bar finishes and the graphic on the ground disappears you can move back.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just finished The Vault

*Spoilers*

They just killed Haurchefant. Haurchefant was a true bro to the last. Ishgard will burn and the pillars of this society broken.

Zomba13

Just finished The Vault

*Spoilers*

They just killed Haurchefant. Haurchefant was a true bro to the last. Ishgard will burn and the pillars of this society broken.

The best bro in the game. Alphinaud is always there with you but he's still a kid and makes mistakes. Haurchefant was a grown ass man who was your fanboy but also a valuable friend AND HE SAVED YOUR LIFE. He was the greatest Elezen. Everything you do from that point on wouldn't be possible with his sacrifice.

Sifl

Question about transferring servers

I just bought the game and after doing some research, I found out that that the server I'm on is really unpopulated/dead. Everything is just really barren and the wait times for dungeons are really long. I know you can transfer servers but I was wondering if me having a free trial for the game would prevent me from doing so. Would I have to buy a subscription and then pay for the transfer, or just pay for the transfer?

Armaros

Once the indicator on the ground goes away (cast finishes) you can move back.

Be warned there are times when a boss has no indicator for some AoEs.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

I just bought the game and after doing some research, I found out that that the server I'm on is really unpopulated/dead. Everything is just really barren and the wait times for dungeons are really long. I know you can transfer servers but I was wondering if me having a free trial for the game would prevent me from doing so. Would I have to buy a subscription and then pay for the transfer, or just pay for the transfer?
You need an active sub and a game key registered to your account to transfer.

The following conditions must be met in order to transfer a selected character from one World to another:

・You must be the owner of the Square Enix account using this service.
・You must have an active service account for FINAL FANTASY XIV.
・You must be logged out of the game.
・Your character cannot be enlisted in a free company, holding a free company petition, signed to a free company petition, or applying to join a free company.
・Your character cannot have items for sale on the market.
・Your character cannot have items entrusted to the Calamity Salvager NPC.
・Your character must rehire any retainers carried over from Version 1.0.
・Your character must be logged out outside of any instanced areas.
・Furnishings removed from your character’s private chambers must not currently be in the possession of the Resident Caretaker NPC (as a result of your being discharged from a free company).
Your character’s chocobo must not currently be in the care of the Housing Enthusiast NPC (as a result of your being discharged from a free company).
・Your character must not be logged out in a residential area.
・You must agree to the terms listed in this guideline.
* By submitting an application for World transfer, you agree to the terms of the World Transfer Service Guideline, as well as all service agreements listed above.

The World Transfer Service cannot be used under the following circumstances:

・You do not possess a valid Square Enix account.
・You have not yet created a character for FINAL FANTASY XIV, and have not transferred a character from Version 1.0.
・Your character has been transferred from Version 1.0, but has not logged into a World since the start of official service for FINAL FANTASY XIV.
・Your character has yet to accept the quest Close to Home.
・Your character is not displayed on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station's service account selection screen.
* You are required to log out from FINAL FANTASY XIV before newly created characters are reflected on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station. Please note that it may take time for newly created characters to appear after logging out.
・Less than three days have passed since last using the World Transfer Service.
・Less than three days have passed since the character to be transferred has been created.
・The character to be transferred has a pending name change that has yet to be processed.
・The character to be transferred has unclaimed items purchased via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
・Your free trial for the service account to be used has yet to expire, and you have yet to be charged a service fee.
・The service account to be used has been suspended due to a violation of the service agreement or suspicious account access.

Also keep in mind that the Duty Finder matchmaking pool is shared between a data center, so f you transfer to another server in the same data center you'll experience the same queue times for dungeons.

Sifl

You need an active sub and a game key registered to your account to transfer.

Also keep in mind that the Duty Finder matchmaking pool is shared between a data center, so f you transfer to another server in the same data center you'll experience the same queue times for dungeons.
Alright, thanks for the info.

the free trial only lets you go up to level 20 right? At that point there's not even a need to transfer, you should just make a new character on whatever server you want to join. It's only a few hours of game to repeat. Not worth shelling out $20 for a server transfer for such a short amount of time put in.

Sifl

the free trial only lets you go up to level 20 right? At that point there's not even a need to transfer, you should just make a new character on whatever server you want to join. It's only a few hours of game to repeat. Not worth shelling out $20 for a server transfer for such a short amount of time put in.
That might mean I'm not on a free trial, since 1 of my characters is lvl 25. The 30 day free trial I got for buying the bundle might be different from the trial you're referring to.

Aselith

That might mean I'm not on a free trial, since 1 of my characters is lvl 25. The 30 day free trial I got for buying the bundle might be different from the trial you're referring to.

Yeah the 30 days is just regular old game time.

Magusx

Is it possible to go as a DPS with warrior now that you have the new stance?
Can you also queue als DPS with warrior?

Started learning Ravana EX tonight, it was overwhelming at first but it seems pretty doable now. I was having connection issues though, so I wasn't able to practice as long as I would have liked. Still, I'm hopeful I'll be able to get a clear soon.

aceface

It was highly rare and expensive when it was even available until 5 days ago when they hotfixed it on a vendor for 1300gil. Before it was on an unspoiled node that appeared every 30 minutes. It was literally not available to buy at all until about 2 days after EA ended and at that point was about 100k normal quality per item on my server, Mateus. It stayed very close to that price until the hotfix. It basically completely blocked up a lot of crafter progression because so much of the gear relied on crafting much lower level gear or paying huge sums of money or simply not progressing.

Not to mention that Unspoiled nodes are also where you make the collectible items that give you a ton of xp so a lot of those Botanists are going to be using the Unspoiled nodes to level and not to gather items.

Compound with the quick nerf they put on doing Leves under 50 giving xp to people leveling those skills and it was kind of a recipe for disaster unless you had a Botanist to just do it yourself.

Contrast that with the other part of Holy Water which is available as a normal node in the Dravarian Foreland and was available for a reasonable price pretty soon into EA.

It was just super dumb to gate what is early crafter progression behind a basically unassailable wall. Frankly, their fix is jsut as bad because they completely destroyed the value of an item from an Unspoiled node by making it a vendor item :/ Sucks for Botanists. Moving it to a standard node would have been much more reasonable.

Also even after you make the stuff it doesn't sell because they are giving it away with quests and selling it on vendors.

Man as a Botanist I wish I was on your server. This mistletoe has been selling at sub 10,000 gil each since the weekend of early access on Ultros. Not particularly rare at all or expensive to get.

I hate hunts but I'm doing them anyway. Why? Because when Alexander hits, 90% of the PFs will be limited to i180.

Average ilvl requirement for BisEX one week ago: i160
Average ilvl requirement for BisEX today: i170

It's only logical. God I hate hunts

Inflated item level requirements have been a thing for awhile.

Aselith

Man as a Botanist I wish I was on your server. This mistletoe has been selling at sub 10,000 gil each since the weekend of early access on Ultros. Not particularly rare at all or expensive to get.

As not a botanist, I wish I was on yours :( It was definitely an issue on enough servers for them to hotfix a jury rigged solution so it seems like it was widespread.

fedexpeon

Banned

Just get all your blue gear now, and level up an alt instead.
After 5-6 weeks of gearing both characters, people will finally learn to play.
Less stress and easier time for progression.

Just finished The Vault

*Spoilers*

I felt more grief at his death than Aerith's the first time through VII

Man, I went through this the other day.
'Legit' didn't even come close to describing how shook I was...
I literally said out loud, "They are all going to fucking die."
Was personally psyched when one of your response choices when speaking to Aymeric afterwards was that you were going to cut out Zephirin's heart (or something to that effect).

Kambing

Thinking of trying this out... could anyone kindly answer a few questions i have?

Is the game/mmo experience translated well to PS4? Or is it recommended to play on PC? My PC is really beast but i have some friends who might want to play on PS4. I also used to play vanilla WoW and my character was a hunter. What classes are best at DPS (magic, melee, range does not matter) in the game?

Top Bottom