• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It's a problem with the game client.

(1) Turn off all applications that create an overlay. FRAPS, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, Geforce Experience, etc.

(2) Are you overclocked? Revert to stock and try that.

(3) Here's where you get into trying weird solutions. Hopefully you haven't gotten this far. Reddit post has more:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3avur2/dx11_client_possible_fix_if_your_game_keeps/

Good luck. It took me 4 days to fix my crashes with my new 980 Ti.

Tried everything here. Unless there is something new in the thread, nothing has helped. I'll look again. This needs to be fixed.

Qvoth

yeah, i'm only having trouble if i'm sword A
if i'm B-D i always can survive, just not A for some reason
like i said, i even sprinted and still died

Sorian

Banned

You are moving to the middle right when you see him dash from the center, correct? If you want to cheat, you can also sprint to D first and then go to the middle from there.

Jayhawk

finally beat ravana ex, fucking finally
still don't understand how you evade swift liberation 1st charge, the other charges i can evade easily but not the 1st, just now i even sprinted early and i still got hit by the charge to 2nd sword

Start running towards the opposite direction of the person getting hit next as soon as you hear his charge noise. Running directly to center right away isn't as safe as running on an angle.

Pancho

Qurupancho
And to all people replying to my post: I do understand, since Im invested in the story myself. But I also think holding the whole party hostage to watch a super long cut scene is inconsiderate to people's time. Ive had to skip cut scenes because of people loads of times, and it sucks, but I also understand so I roll with it.

Besides, this could get fixed easily by adding a voting system to cut scenes. That way, the majority will decide if the cutscene is skipped or not and no one can't complain.

Sorian

Banned
And to all people replying to my post: I do understand, since Im invested in the story myself. But I also think holding the whole party hostage to watch a super long cut scene is inconsiderate to people's time. Ive had to skip cut scenes because of people loads of times, and it sucks, but I also understand so I roll with it.

Besides, this could get fixed easily by adding a voting system to cut scenes. That way, the majority will decide if the cutscene is skipped or not and no one can't complain.

The majority of people are assholes and will just vote to skip the cutscene the very first time they are watching it as well. Bad system.

IMBored

Another tip is don't go to A. Stand between the center and the A mark. Ravana actually goes from center to the edge of the arena, it doesn't stop at the marked person. So if you stand next to the center it's much easier to get back after the dash.

Don't want to wait for people watching cutscenes? Don't queue for story missions.

Simple as.

End of.

If anyone tells you otherwise just ignore them or say "too bad". They made their choice to queue so feel free to make yours.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Who are you to say the early story isn't very relevant?
The answer is you are wrong and should feel bad for even saying that.
I am enjoying the story in this game, but I do not think an argument could be presented to me that would justify its length. There is an absurd amount of padding, which I consider fairly normal for an MMORPG. Plot points can maintain relevance, but does anyone really need to be pouring over the early imperial dialogue/quest text/cutscenes when players hit 50? It's draining enough even without paying full attention to it, but given the scope of the game and story the specifics are exceedingly superfluous at this point. It is helpful to know the very base of what happened, but realistically this is a story that spans days of hours in both directions. It's also the part of the story that feels the least character focused to me. The storytelling in 2.1 and beyond is markedly different.

Uthred

You are not "holding the party hostage" a) because the people who it bothers generally wont wait and b) because you are playing the game as intended. The people experiencing the content for the first time (and as intended) should be prioritised over people wanting to shave a few minutes of yet another farm run. A voting system wouldnt "solve" this problem it would simply add an ersatz legitimacy to the idea that new players should be penalised for playing content as intended.

Sorian

Banned
I am enjoying the story in this game, but I do not think an argument could be presented to me that would justify its length. There is an absurd amount of padding, which I consider fairly normal for an MMORPG. Plot points can maintain relevance, but does anyone really need to be pouring over the early imperial dialogue/quest text/cutscenes when players hit 50? It's draining enough even without paying full attention to it, but given the scope of the game and story the specifics are exceedingly superfluous at this point. It is helpful to know the very base of what happened, but realistically this is a story that spans days of hours in both directions. It's also the part of the story that feels the least character focused to me. The storytelling in 2.1 and beyond is markedly different.

You posted a picture of the final dungeon from 2.0 if I'm looking at that right. That piece of the story is a pivotal moment in all of the 2.0-3.0 storyline and will probably have many call backs during the 3.x storyline. But yeah, padding. No one cares how you feel about the story, they are entitled to watch it, if you aren't going to be respectful, don't queue for a useless story dungeon.

iammeiam

2) It was a 100 % party finder group, can't really blame me for the DPS of the people that joined and my leadership can't make someone with not very good DPS learn how to use their jobs properly. Everyone that was with me in those 3-4 hours would disagree with you.

My point is that blaming BRD/MCH for your group being full of bad DPS is ridiculous. Blame the player, not the job. Everything else is essentially how to compensate for having subpar players in your party. Yes, it will be harder for bad DPS to clear with a BRD/MCH in the party. This is also how PF fills with ever-escalating iLevel requirements--instead of dealing with the base issue, pick the easy fix.

3) I'm talking about what i've encountered. And before the nerf 90 %, of BRDs didn't know how to play their class properly (most wouldn't even use FOE requiem, the other 5 % wouldn't use it PROPERLY), now because of the nerf it's even worse. Of course there are exceptions :). But... it is a damn truth that a good BRD and MCH vs a good ANYTHING ELSE will always lose if they share ilvl and use a samey food, even adding the extra dmg of foe requiem, that's a damn fact, and when a wipe happens because of 1-3 seconds of DPS.... truth hurts. The wipes because of DPS were in the snakes by the way, bismark is usually a joke so those MCH fast and big burst aren't needed.

If you had a party of three "damn good" DPS, you wouldn't need to replace the BRD/MCH. Raid DPS requirement for Bismarck is fairly low-- If you are ruling out people based solely on class, you are limiting the potential pool of good players available for your party. If that is what it takes for you to get a clear, that's your problem, but I'm going to continue to call bullshit on stigmatizing two jobs and encouraging ostracizing them from groups they're more than capable of being useful in just because it's the easy out.

Lagamorph

I dunno. I actually laughed when this guy whined about getting the raid done quick without being able to soak in the cutscenes. I'd rather have an efficient group for old content, even if it comes at the cost of stuff being blazed through.

With how much content is in the game most of the early story is really irrelevant/not worth paying attention to anyways. It's not really problematic for most of the 2.1 and on dungeons/raids though. If you're not there early you should never expect to experience MMO content fresh.

You sir, are part of the problem.

In some of the earlier dungeons, there's maybe an argument to be made. But when it's the very final dungeon of the 2.0 story and there are people new to it (the game even tells you as much) then if someone asks to watch the cut scenes you should most certainly respect that, or acknowledge that you're simply a prick who really shouldn't be playing a game with social elements.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My point is that blaming BRD/MCH for your group being full of bad DPS is ridiculous. Blame the player, not the job. Everything else is essentially how to compensate for having subpar players in your party. Yes, it will be harder for bad DPS to clear with a BRD/MCH in the party. This is also how PF fills with ever-escalating iLevel requirements--instead of dealing with the base issue, pick the easy fix.

If you had a party of three "damn good" DPS, you wouldn't need to replace the BRD/MCH. Raid DPS requirement for Bismarck is fairly low-- If you are ruling out people based solely on class, you are limiting the potential pool of good players available for your party. If that is what it takes for you to get a clear, that's your problem, but I'm going to continue to call bullshit on stigmatizing two jobs and encouraging ostracizing them from groups they're more than capable of being useful in just because it's the easy out.

It is harder for bad dps to clear with BRD/MCH just as much as it is harder for the best DPS to clear with BRD/MCH. I put up with this stuff as a DRG in 2.X and didn't whine too much about it. It just takes effort finding a group willing to carry your extra weight. No use trying to convince others they are bad for trying to optimize their parties.

BRD and MCH need work and until they get reworked they will continue to be walled out of difficult content by many parties. Nothing is changing that other than SE. And even then the next weakest classes will get walled out.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Re: Swift Liberation. If you get 1 sword, go to A ASAP because when the cast finishes, the starting point for the AB dash has already been determined, so if you linger for too much you're gonna put that spot too close for comfort and not at the edge. Every other sword target has more leeway than 1.

Wilsongt

This time YoshiP made sure to put most of the cutscenes after the instance is over, as opposed to during it like previously.

However, yeah. If you're a new person, watch your cutscenes. I'm usually never in a hurry.

Don't be one of those people who need to clear an expansion in 46 hours and then complain that people aren't as fast as you and taking up your precious time by actually watching the story.

Klyka

Banned
This time YoshiP made sure to put most of the cutscenes after the instance is over, as opposed to during it like previously.

However, yeah. If you're a new person, watch your cutscenes. I'm usually never in a hurry.

Don't be one of those people who need to clear an expansion in 46 hours and then complain that people aren't as fast as you and taking up your precious time by actually watching the story.

WHERE IS THE CONTENT! GOD DAMMIT SE!!!!!

I've seen Angary pull better numbers on Bard than 90% of the garbage melee DPS in this game.

Hell we did multiple clears of Ravana EX last night with a BRD and BLM in our party, two of the most moaned about classes in the game. We had absolutely 0 issues pushing phases or doing enough DPS. I was also a MNK, and Ravana is a shitty fight for a MNK.

If you can't clear content with a Bard either it's a bad BRD in which case that person would have been a bad DPS no matter what class they were on, or the others in the group are bad to the point that they're not pulling enough weight to make up for the support class DPS.

People who complain about Bards to this end are garbage players that should honestly stop deflecting how bad they are and focus on getting better.

Klyka

Banned
I still hate that I have to lvl a Lancer to lvl 34 just for that one god damn cross class ability for my Ninja.

UUUUUUGH such a boring class I will never ever play UUUUUGGGGHHHH

scy

2) The DPSs came all from Party Finder, can't really blame me for the DPS of the people that joined and my leadership can't make someone with not very good DPS learn how to use their jobs properly. Everyone that was with me in those 3-4 hours would disagree with you.

I'm pretty sure bad DPS would probably say that they weren't the problem. That's kind of how it works.

But... it is a damn truth that a good BRD and MCH vs a good ANYTHING ELSE will always lose if they share ilvl and use a samey food, even adding the extra dmg of foe requiem, that's a damn fact, and when a wipe happens because of 1-3 seconds of DPS.... truth hurts.

See, this really only works if you're assuming that the DPS check was hit with every single person putting out their respective DPS ceiling. Since they weren't (because if they did, you'd be some 60% raidDPS over the actual DPS check), the class makeup is not really the problem: Every single person was just not pulling their weight.

Bad anything is bad.

The wipes because of DPS were in the snakes by the way, bismark is usually a joke so those MCH fast and big burst aren't needed.

Okay, seriously, the DPS check for this is in the low 3000s. If everyone is actually on top of things, this means you barely need a third DPS much less all four. BRD/MCH DPS needs some attention but it's not because it's disaster levels low. They need the attention because the status quo was kept on the discrepancy of "real DPS" and "the support ones" while reducing the overall usefulness of their resource regeneration. Most of their changes are minor QoL fixes and a small tweak upwards. Hell, if they didn't rely on DRG Disembowel and could do it themselves, that alone would cover most of their issues.

People who complain about Bards to this end are garbage players that should honestly stop deflecting how bad they are and focus on getting better.

It's problematic since it kind of overshadows that they do have some shortcomings. It's not like they're half the DPS of everyone else like people seem to try to state.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Digging most of that Alex armor. I like the caster gear but it would be nice to see something other than a robe again. The A/HA jackets were pretty cool.

As a lurker that only has time to commit to one class(surprise it's bard), some of these posts make me want to straight up quit this game lol

iammeiam

It is harder for bad dps to clear with BRD/MCH just as much as it is harder for the best DPS to clear with BRD/MCH.

No. If we're talking about a DPS check, it's a binary pass/fail. Once you hit the baseline raid DPS required to pass, you're set. If your group is populated with people who are used to the 2.x gear carry, you're going to struggle. If you have even decent DPS, meeting the check in these flat out isn't hard. It may go faster with a stacked DPS comp (in such case everyone should probably just roll four summoners all the time), but it isn't hard with multiple physical ranged.

BRD and MCH need work and until they get reworked they will continue to be walled out of difficult content by many parties. Nothing is changing that other than SE. And even then the next weakest classes will get walled out.

This is the saddest thing ever.

And may be why I don't do much difficult content with randoms anymore. You take the person, not the job. The FotM on a shitty player isn't inherently better than the pariah class on somebody who's trying. Being able to recognize the difference is important, but people just want the easy out.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
No. If we're talking about a DPS check, it's a binary pass/fail. Once you hit the baseline raid DPS required to pass, you're set. If your group is populated with people who are used to the 2.x gear carry, you're going to struggle. If you have even decent DPS, meeting the check in these flat out isn't hard. It may go faster with a stacked DPS comp (in such case everyone should probably just roll four summoners all the time), but it isn't hard with multiple physical ranged.

This is the saddest thing ever.

And may be why I don't do much difficult content with randoms anymore. You take the person, not the job. The FotM on a shitty player isn't inherently better than the pariah class on somebody who's trying. Being able to recognize the difference is important, but people just want the easy out.

As we have seen in this game many many times. The DPS check can be extremely close to the party ceiling when clearing new content. Once that content has been cleared a few times and people get geared, the bad classes can come in and get carried by the higher DPS.

If SE puts another super close DPS check in this game you can damn well bet a BRD/MCH won't be worlds first. The numbers don't lie.

XenoRaven

End game DRGs, how long is it taking you guys to get a handle on the rotation? I hit 60 finally yesterday and I'm liking what they did with it, but I was falling all over myself trying to maintain it, especially in these new dungeons where the bosses interrupt your shit like 20 seconds in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
As we have seen in this game many many times. The DPS check can be extremely close to the party ceiling when clearing new content. Once that content has been cleared a few times and people get geared, the bad classes can come in and get carried by the higher DPS.

If SE puts another super close DPS check in this game you can damn well bet a BRD/MCH won't be worlds first. The numbers don't lie.

Yeah, okay.
Tell that to every group who used a bard in Final Coil.

As a lurker that only has time to commit to one class(surprise it's bard), some of these posts make me want to straight up quit this game lol

It shouldn't. There is nothing in the game at the moment that cant be beaten with a brd AND mch in the group. A good player is a good player, but that gets lost when you have to evaluate the contribution of 8 players at once time so people are finding a scapegoat for why they are failing.

End game DRGs, how long is it taking you guys to get a handle on the rotation? I hit 60 finally yesterday and I'm liking what they did with it, but I was falling all over myself trying to maintain it, especially in these new dungeons where the bosses interrupt your shit like 20 seconds in.

it's not bad. It will take some time since obviously it's new. If you havent check out the drg guide on the official forums, has some very nice information in there. The main takeaway with the rotation is that you need a min of 21 seconds on blood to do a gerskogul, so as long as you play around that basis, you shouldnt have much trouble keeping blood up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah, okay.

I don't remember bards every being a bad class in 2.X due to them being able to move and shoot which made it easier for them to manage DPSing during new mechanics. Their utility obviously outweighed the slight loss of DPS.

With 3.X it looks like the DPS is comparatively worse as well as the utility. It will be interesting to see how things play out in savage Alexander.

Again, I'm not encouraging the ivory tower shit, I am just understanding where it stems from. No amount of ranting on the internet will convince the elitists to open their groups.

If your on ultros, try to find Eve Whateverthefuckhislastnameisnow on GAF.

He will talk your head off about the DRG rotation and loves doing it.

i thoguht ilvl requirements for the new dungeons was 150, so why is my tank in all 145 whites and 142 greens.

Because the requirement is i145

Jayhawk

Yeah, okay.

Those double MNK week 1 carries.

Foldasaurus already all aboard the DRG train. I keep forgetting the Lucrezia member names so I can't look them all up right now.

Argdar supposed to be the crafter for the merged CL/DnT group and he has fewer 60 craft classes than me. RIP our former OT

The level of delusion here is disgusting. People like you are everything that is wrong with the population of any online game.

I shouldn't engage you, but hey:

World first T5 - 2 Bards

Worlds first T9 clear - 2 Bards and SMN

World 2nd T13 clear - BRD

But yeah, BRDs will never clear anything because they do the lowest damage. Uh huh.

I hear that nin py guy is the best drg on the server so talk to him instead

Is it really that elitist to not want to deal with people who are just going to blame my job crystal for their bullshit?
nah. once you start posting them numbers that tower will be finished. also you gotta make a statement on how you love mumble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Op7Jcg1dU

K.Sabot

ah this drk is taking damage like a bitch, boss did his big attack twice and it did 10k each time.

Stuart444

Takes time but I am getting used to it, I imagine trying to keep up BotD will be hard during most bosses until you learn patterns and shit. In which case, just do your best and if it goes down, use it once it's off CD/right before CT/FT and continue like normal.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Never quit for the reason of balance in an MMO. These things are cyclical.
Look what happened to DRG since released. They started at the bottom and have risen to DPS glory. SE will adjust classes as necessary based on community feedback.

If you are in it for the long haul, just stick out the tough times and enjoy the good times. It will all even out in the end.

ah this drk is taking damage like a bitch, boss did his big attack twice and it did 10k each time.

What boss is this? Is this DRK not in his tank stance? (grit) He shouldn't be taking that much unless there is some sort of vulnerability debuff mechanic or something.

I hear that nin py guy is the best drg on the server so talk to him instead

Eve will fight all challengers. That man dreams of parses.

XenoRaven

it's not bad. It will take some time since obviously it's new. If you havent check out the drg guide on the official forums, has some very nice information in there. The main takeaway with the rotation is that you need a min of 21 seconds on blood to do a gerskogul, so as long as you play around that basis, you shouldnt have much trouble keeping blood up.
As far as I can figure out, you want to keep your BotD up so you don't want to cash in your time too early with Geirskogul unless you're going to kill a mob, think a boss is going to jump, or your BotD ability is coming off of CD.

K.Sabot

What boss is this? Is this DRK not in his tank stance? (grit) He shouldn't be taking that much unless there is some sort of vulnerability debuff mechanic or something.

Eve will fight all challengers. That man dreams of parses.

1st boss Fractal continuum. Did his big single target twice in about a 4 second time.

SOLDIER

Has there been a certain community, like Reddit or wherever, that has made the whole Refer-a-friend system easier to find prospective players with?

In another forum, the whole business of finding newbies to refer has been practically cutthroat in a first-come-first-serve basis. I just want to find a place where I could offer to refer someone with ease and start enjoying the rewards.

Top Bottom