• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Baleoce

Law chest might be better for now, really.

Hmm, 8DEX and 54SS vs 48CRT and 66DET. Definitely gonna wait for more testing on said stats before committing to that one. Probably be the last upgrade if it turns out to be a gain, even then it might be for glamour. Not too sure it is a gain though, even with the supposed SS buffs. (This is just assuming ACC req is met of course)

yaffi

What would be a reasonably priced GPU to run the game at 1080p/60fps at high/maximum settings? Thinking of an r9 280 or something like that.

grimmiq

Woo cuff down..weak as. Complete joke of a fight..Whole group thought it was a mini-boss before the real one..Nope. On the plus side..I got my Belt already, though I think that means it's pointless to run any more for a week.

There was question on the difficulty of Alex. Completing 1st part on DF an hour after release makes it seem like the difficulty is that of a normal trial.

True, both of mine have been with random people on DF, Fist had 4 wipes, 2 until we figured out the gimmick, 1 testing something, then clear.

Cuff had 0 wipes, hell, 0 deaths I think.

Just downed Fists of the Father through DF, it was pretty fun (I looove the music). Once you figure out what to do, it's really not too hard.

Soma

Alexander Theme for those interested.
Kinda wanna hear this without vocals but i like this.

That piano.
S3zw422.png

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Reddit has been flooded with people saying that they are clearing Alexander turns.
It will be hard to see who will finish it first lol.

Silly question: I never reached the level cap pre-expansion. Is any of the level 50 raid content worth my time now? Not necessarily for gear, but like, are any of the fights/story/dungeons just really awesome and worth checking out?

Reknoc

Silly question: I never reached the level cap pre-expansion. Is any of the level 50 raid content worth my time now? Not necessarily for gear, but like, are any of the fights/story/dungeons just really awesome and worth checking out?

Crystal Tower if you like Final Fantasy III and social experiments.

ebil

Disappointed that there are no Astro changes/balancing.
Have been planning to main the class for 3.0, but it just feels so lackluster at 60 compared to WHM/SCH. They really just feel like a combination of both classes in their 2.0 Lvl 50 states.

Did a Ravana Ex with one yesterday on my WHM and it felt like I was doing a 75% of all the healing in that whole fight.
Sounds like a bad AST? My static's WHM is only like 25% above me with a lot more overheal, and I do twice his DPS during Ravana. Went with a SCH from our second group yesterday and I outhealed him by 30%, again while DPSing more than him.
I won't deny AST needs some tweaking (underwhelming CDs are underwhelming) but it's not terrible either.

Valor

Square how do you fuck up so badly with bard. I just don't understand. I don't get it. Why nerf the two best potency attacks bard has while raising minuet damage. I don't. I just don't.

Square how do you fuck up so badly with bard. I just don't understand. I don't get it. Why nerf the two best potency attacks bard has while raising minuet damage. I don't. I just don't.

It's a good thing you're leveling Machinist! Oh, you always have a Ninja right??

Fellow Bard.

I need to get out of this chicken shit outfit.

I am going to take it to 60 though and then see what my best options are.

dragn

so how does the loot work for alexander? can i run each turn till i get one token or only a one time chance for a token?

Hasney

STAND STILL GODAMMIT.

Yeah, no idea why they decided to double down on that.

grimmiq

so how does the loot work for alexander? can i run each turn till i get one token or only a one time chance for a token?

I got 2 tokens from T1-4 plus a crafting material (Think it's for making a mount?), got me my belt and 1/2 for gloves (Plus a token for an accessory which I used on a ring to replace my Yasha). Says I'm capped for the week.

EDIT: Looking back at the Duty Finder, looks like it's 1 piece per turn, I have chests showing on T1 and T4, nothing on 2/3.

Valor

It's a good thing you're leveling Machinist! Oh, you always have a Ninja right??
Blehhhhhhh
Just...
BLEHHHHHHH

I like the way Bard plays at 60 with minuet but man, they didn't address any real concerns about the class re: movement ability. They upped base damage while in the stance but nerfed the two best reasons to be in the stance. Why? I mean I guess the potency drop isn't that bad, but you can't give and take in the same breath.

NOW ALL OF THE ALEX GEAR HAS ACCURACY ON IT WHY SQUARE WHY DO YOU HATE BARDS.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blehhhhhhh
Just...
BLEHHHHHHH

I like the way Bard plays at 60 with minuet but man, they didn't address any real concerns about the class re: movement ability. They upped base damage while in the stance but nerfed the two best reasons to be in the stance. Why? I mean I guess the potency drop isn't that bad, but you can't give and take in the same breath.

NOW ALL OF THE ALEX GEAR HAS ACCURACY ON IT WHY SQUARE WHY DO YOU HATE BARDS.
All our Alex gear is junk except the feet, gloves and ring or something.

Baleoce

Isn't the 10% increase on WM and potency drop still a net gain for Empyreal Arrow? Not by much, but I don't think it's a nerf. Obviously Sidewinder is a different story.

Top Bottom