• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sorian

Banned
What if there's an esoterics weapon though?

Then, darn, no chest yet. It should still be last priority. Legs can substitute the exact same way and you don't have to worry about a gamble on what exactly the esoterics vendor will be selling.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Probably going to aim for gloves/boots this week since you apparently get a free item to get an accessory after finishing all four floors.

Arkeband

Banned
Enjoying the cry babies on reddit finding everything to whine about.

"Stop calling them Turns please, it's floors now" - No one cares

"The stat spread on this gear isn't everything that I want it to be" - Sucks, git gud

I'd rather Reddit had discussions about gear stats than the usual fluff they upvote... let's see what's in /new...

[Screenshot]Convinced my wife to play XIV - Selfie!
[Discussion]I'm finally getting heavensward!

iammeiam

i thought loot lockout was per turn/"floor". Is it for the whole alexander?

Per floor, but different tokens drop on different floors. Chest tokens are only on floor 4, so it'd be 4 weeks if you wanted the chest for whatever reason.

I guess I'd go waist/head/one hand token because I'm lazy and haven't upgraded my hat yet so it'd be a bigger jump. Or just not go because so lazy.

That's four disbanded parties on Burden of the Father. Ugh...stop letting the adds mob me. I'm a healer I can't do anything but let them punch me. ;___;

It's for each turn. You can get 4 upgrade items a week.

Per floor, but different tokens drop on different floors. Chest tokens are only on floor 4, so it'd be 4 weeks if you wanted the chest for whatever reason.

I guess I'd go waist/head/one hand token because I'm lazy and haven't upgraded my hat yet so it'd be a bigger jump. Or just not go because so lazy.

okay. yea now it makes sense. Was still thinking that there was only one type of token. Still gotta run each turn 8 times. rip

iammeiam

okay. yea now it makes sense. Was still thinking that there was only one type of token. Still gotta run each turn 8 times. rip

It's more RNG than that. Each floor drops two tokens per clear, and the loot table for each floor has three token types. You can get dup token drops. So if every token is rolled on by someone, then you could be done in four clears. If everyone wants specific token types, you could be running for a long time trying to get the right drops.

Hmm, for left side the chest, gloves, belt, and feet seem good for WHM, and accessories wise I'll want the bracelet and ring. So are we assuming esoteric gear is i190 with different stats?

So in terms of drops, I need:
4x Tarnished Gordian Shaft
2x Tarnished Gordian Crank
1x Tarnished Gordian Chain
2x Tarnished Gordian Pedal
2x Tarnished Gordian Bolt

So 3 weeks of Alex normal to get all that I guess (this thing is still a bit confusing until I know the loot tables for each turn). Like, unless the Gordian Shaft can drop in each turn, it's impossible to get a chest this week, right? Edit: Saw Angary's post. Welp, guess that's that. Gonna be in Alex for weeks I guess.

And the weapon is only in savage? I don't see them listed yet so assuming so.

Sorian

Banned
Hmm, for left side the chest, gloves, belt, and feet seem good for WHM, and accessories wise I'll want the bracelet and ring. So are we assuming esoteric gear is i190 with different stats?

And the weapon is only in savage? I don't see them listed yet so assuming so.

Weapon is only savage, yes. We are actually assuming esoteric is ilvl 200.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's four disbanded parties on Burden of the Father. Ugh...stop letting the adds mob me. I'm a healer I can't do anything but let them punch me. ;___;

Yeah... not going to do DF personally. Will be waiting for my static to go in fresh later tonight so we can have some fun as a group again.

It's more RNG than that. Each floor drops two tokens per clear, and the loot table for each floor has three token types. You can get dup token drops. So if every token is rolled on by someone, then you could be done in four clears. If everyone wants specific token types, you could be running for a long time trying to get the right drops.

Each chest drops 2 tokens and has a pool of 3 different types of token.

rip

I really want to give this game a try. I am playing ESO right now and having a blast but the mechanics in this game see more involved and a little more fun.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Esc -> Keybind?

It's a separate menu from System Configuration and Character Configuration because reasons. (Probably for the benefit of console players)
Doubt it's for consoles. It's not uncommon for keybinds to have their own tab in lots of MMOs. WoW comes to mind.

I think I will be looking at head, chest, and hands after getting the belt because well... vanity. Gotta' get that Assassin's Creed hood.

I suspect Savage drops will be weapons and upgrade items for Alex NM equipment with Esoteric/AF2 being on par or even item level with upgraded Alex. The 24 man raid stuff will probably be between Alex NM and upgraded Alex. Seems to make sense.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
In the ending cutscene,
when Ayermic says "stand by me if you wish for peace" or whatever, Tataru is the only character who does not kneel.

If the 3.4 final boss is not Tataru Prime, I will be gravely disappointed.
No knees

Jayhawk

For them though, the proven visual signs of excellency are a Thavnarian Bustier (have you heard? Jayhawk is selling an HQ one) and how pricey the stuff they put on the market board is. Alternatively you can be colorblind like Jayhawk is and run around in gaudy silver and gold clothes.

Thanks for the marketing, Drama. If I don't use silver and gold dyes, they'd just be clogging up my inventory space and Angary's inventory space! I gotta get rid of temporary retainers #5 and #6 soon.

Alexander normal loot list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3cey7e/alexander_normal_loot_list/

It's just kind of annoying that we don't know what the esoteric stuff is (ilvl or stats wise) because I think it screws with planning for Alex Savage? Especially given the short window? If Savage wasn't coming for awhile, it wouldn't be as big of a deal maybe. Also yea, is Alex Savage dropping tokens to upgrade Gordias prototype gear? So will we need to get all the Alex gear anyway? Eh, so many questions.

That's really helpful, especially the optimal guide to getting everything in 5 weeks. gdoc saved.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
And that's Alex cleared. All floors done with first DF groups with a few wipes here and there.
We cleared T4 on our last run, because everyone was getting tired. Final blow was delivered by a tank with 1 HP when everyone else was dead. Despite that I was able to get 5 commendations, which felt really good, since I don't really remember what I was doing for the last 1/3, since I was just trying not to die.

I got 3 accessories from all those runs (including the free one).

I really liked all the floors (except for the boss of T2), figuring out the gimmicks etc. Probably won't clear savage before Echo, since

Jayhawk

From the quick look of the stats before work, I did not like the changes I will have to make to maintain accuracy for Savage, which I am assuming to be at least the same levels as Ravana extreme.

iammeiam

People are saying it was cleared within an hour by some of the better teams... Uggh.

It's 8-man CT, with it sounds like a similar amount of content to WoD. From what I remember of my servers-just-came-up run of WoD, it took that random group about an hour to clear, so this taking an hour-ish blind is pretty unsurprising?

The giant content gap for midcore players persists, but at least they've made this minorly better to DF than WoD by letting you queue per floor. No more mass exodus after a given boss or needing to wade through three bosses you don't care about to get to the one you do.

Sorian

Banned
It's just kind of annoying that we don't know what the esoteric stuff is (ilvl or stats wise) because I think it screws with planning for Alex Savage? Especially given the short window? If Savage wasn't coming for awhile, it wouldn't be as big of a deal maybe. Also yea, is Alex Savage dropping tokens to upgrade Gordias prototype gear? So will we need to get all the Alex gear anyway? Eh, so many questions.

Get feet and hands this week with your free accessory as well. Get waist, head, and a leg item next week. Switch those weeks if you feel it would be a bigger gain but you don't need specific gains for anything between now and savage. I really wouldn't worry about secondary stats at the moment. Upgrade left side pieces for the mind and vit boosts.

Jeels

I hope there are people still running this when I hit 60...I am really in it for the story but I'm guessing everyone will move on to savage by the time I'm ready to go.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
People are saying it was cleared within an hour by some of the better teams... Uggh.

Yoshida has said from the start that it will be easy enough that anyone can enjoy it for the story, skilled or not. It seems to be even easier than Crystal Tower though from what people have been saying - especially given the extent people farmed for i180 gear upgrades before the raid launch.

Jayhawk

I hope there are people still running this when I hit 60...I am really in it for the story but I'm guessing everyone will move on to savage by the time I'm ready to go.

CARRY TIME! And people will still be spamming Alexander normal to gear up their alts. My Astrologian needs higher ilevel for the heart of the cards.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Considering a very small portion of the user base will even attempt Savage, you should be fine.

Sorian

Banned

Well people have to farm it for 5 weeks to get all of the gear for one class so, probably.

Get feet and hands this week with your free accessory as well. Get waist, head, and a leg item next week. Switch those weeks if you feel it would be a bigger gain but you don't need specific gains for anything between now and savage. I really wouldn't worry about secondary stats at the moment. Upgrade left side pieces for the mind and vit boosts.

The chest ATM is probably the best piece for me (spell speed/piety), so I really would prefer to get it at week 4 (2nd week of Alex Savage) than week 5 (3 weeks into savage). I mean, sure, I don't know wtf the stats on Esoteric/AF2 will be, but if it is capped and follows every other tome system before it, I won't be able to get the AF2 chest for 2 weeks anyway (2nd week of Savage). Again, this goes back to please YoshiP give us the AF2 info.

Wagram

Yoshida has said from the start that it will be easy enough that anyone can enjoy it for the story, skilled or not. It seems to be even easier than Crystal Tower though from what people have been saying - especially given the extent people farmed for i180 gear upgrades before the raid launch.

That's exactly what I was expecting. I knew the quotes about it being more difficult than extreme primals was trash. After all the devs are still stuck on Alpha Haukke Manor.

I would still rather skip the entire thing for Savage though. This mode serves no purpose to me (and people like me).

Eh at least it's easy enough for casual people to do it for the story. I'm sure there are some who would have liked to have found out what happened with Bahamut.

Sorian

Banned
The chest ATM is probably the best piece for me (spell speed/piety), so I really would prefer to get it at week 4 (2nd week of Alex Savage) than week 5 (3 weeks into savage). I mean, sure, I don't know wtf the stats on Esoteric/AF2 will be, but if it is capped and follows every other tome system before it, I won't be able to get the AF2 chest for 2 weeks anyway (2nd week of Savage). Again, this goes back to please YoshiP give us the AF2 info.

You aren't going to be getting that info :p Please look forward to it in the patch notes releasing 7/21.

Rising_Hei

Colourme unimpressed, cleared turn 1, 2 and 3 with almost no effort, had to leave before doing turn 4, but the pt i was with cleared it as well after i left, lol :/

I really hate his, easier content becomes even more easy and i bet that harder content (Savage) will be even harder, i liked the middle way but this has dissipated.

It happens that i don't think savage is worth my time for the extra things you get there :/

Burden of the Father is pretty rough, at least with the group I was with (all very nice people though). We didn't get our clear, but we did stay together until there wasn't any time left on the timer. Helaers couldn't keep up with the damage, and one run we hit what I assume to be the enrage timer. Still, I feel like I know the fight a lot better, hopefully I can get it next time.

Sorian

Banned
I really hate his, easier content becomes even more easy and i bet that harder content (Savage) will be even harder, i liked the middle way but this has dissipated.

It won't be, I expect this savage tier to be similar to all of the other coils at the time of their launch. (Maybe even a tad easier because we will be going into all of the fights with a general idea of base mechanics).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Colourme unimpressed, cleared turn 1, 2 and 3 with almost no effort, had to leave before doing turn 4, but the pt i was with cleared it as well after i left, lol :/

It happens that i don't think savage is worth my time for the extra things you get there :/

FF14 is a casual game and SE is going to continue to make things easier so more people can enjoy them and continue paying sub money. Here's hoping Savage Alexander isn't as brutal as Savage Second Coil was with its "hard just to be hard" insta-wipe mechanics.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm super happy about Alexander being baby mode. This means I can go in there without pissing my wife off and setting up a scheduled static.

Top Bottom