• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Soulflarz

Banned
Did A1 as a pld.
I assume DPS has a more interesting role. There wasn't much to write home about. As in uh
I've done more in brayflax by a mile >_>

I'm still trucking through the story after resubbing to get to HW stuff - is there any good reading material on what might have changed for my class since I last played? I unsubscribed right after Leviathan came out, I think. Not sure how different BLM has gotten since then.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm still trucking through the story after resubbing to get to HW stuff - is there any good reading material on what might have changed for my class since I last played? I unsubscribed right after Leviathan came out, I think. Not sure how different BLM has gotten since then.

I don't know the flow and overall rotation, but you have a new skill that allows you to use Fire 4 and Blizzard 4

Ley Lines: Ground AoE spell speed buff . Only works on the caster. Leaving the AoE stops the effect and (currently, may be changed) removes the AoE altogether.

Sharp Cast: Forces the next spell to proc. (Enhanced Scathe, Firestarter, Thundercloud)

Enochian: 30 Second buff that allows the caster to use Fire IV and Blizzard IV.

Fire IV: Raw fucking damage. Can only be used when in Enochian and Astral Fire.

Blizzard IV: Refreshes Enochian with a reduced timer (30,25,20 etc). Can only be used when in Enochian and Umbral Ice.

Isaccard

Class doesn't change until 60 which it seems like you're still aways from

Just finished Alexander, really enjoyed the fights, especially the last. Debating if I wanna farm them today or wait till a few days later when people know the fights better.

Nohar

Just learned today that Miasma and Miasma II actually stack. I feel like a complete and utter moron.

Is it worthwhile to keep Miasma II on solo-target, or can I forget it?

Just learned today that Miasma and Miasma II actually stack. I feel like a complete and utter moron.

Is it worthwhile to keep Miasma II on solo-target, or can I forget it?

using it with contagion is worthwhile otherwise not really on solo targets

I like the music in Alexander but man did I have the worst mudra lag in there, felt like I was running in molasses. Can't wait to try the others but hopefully I don't run into that again.

Question for you guys, I quit a year or so ago, got my dragoon to 50, only had artifact gear, completed the main quest before 2.1 dropped. Is it going to be hard to do the main quests to get to the heavensward content?

Because I bet I won't be able to do any group content if its required with the outdated gear that I have.

so the dark knight mp issue is still there correct

Question for you guys, I quit a year or so ago, got my dragoon to 50, only had artifact gear, completed the main quest before 2.1 dropped. Is it going to be hard to do the main quests to get to the heavensward content?

Because I bet I won't be able to do any group content if its required with the outdated gear that I have.

shouldnt be that bad. i90 gear will take you through most of the story quests and stuff. You can also just straight out buy i115 gear from a vendor in heavensward if you need it, but I believe you gotta unlock that area through the main story quest

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Main Scenario now rewards appropriate gear to help you catch up.

Klyka

Banned
Just beat the MSQ.

MAN did they knock it out of the park with Heavensward.
Can't remember ever having such a blast with an MMO than I've been having with FF14.

Fucking psn is a piece of shit.

They need to get around the psn check for the love of God.

Can anyone confirm for me if that ilvl requirement for Alex is just for DF and not premade. I can't imagine why it would but I want to be safe before having to find a sub for today

As long as you buy the expansion, all those MSQ will give you xp so you can start building to 60 which is great and like others have said, they give out better gear. And groupped content you have to do for the story will be melted by strangers in roulette. Do not worry about it.

WolvenOne

Wow, sounds like they REALLY made Normal Alexander easy. I mean, I suspected they'd make it easier, but I'm hearing things like, "easier than dungeon bosses." If true, seems like overkill, or underkill, something.

WolvenOne

Still need to recruit people to get mine. Even have a spare PS4 copy with un-used code laying around. Nobody I know locally is even interested in MMO's though, so I can't even give it away. <_<;;

We need a dps to run with our group tonight. Preferably ranged. Anyone on ultros not mind running outside their group for a night? That ilvl requirement will lock out our 4th dps since he just hit 60 on sunday.

I've been playing for a month now, just over 4 days in game time. I decided to roll Scholar, so I got Arcanist to 30, Conjurer to 15. Now I'm a level 50 Scholar with Stoneskin and am working my way towards Swiftcast now.

My next story quest is level 49, should I go back and actually watch the story before I continue or leave it? I guess my current progress dictates I don't care about the story but it seems as if some people consider it worthwhile. I mean, would it take long?

Been toying with rolling Astrologian in my head now too... But I'm sure most people are given it is the HW healer class. Guess I should just continue with Scholar for now.

Firebrand

July 30th for recruiting campaign rewards eh.
We'll continue getting feathers as we reach higher tiers right? I won't be getting to 270 days reward and the 15 feather total for another 3 months at least :(

I've been playing for a month now, just over 4 days in game time. I decided to roll Scholar, so I got Arcanist to 30, Conjurer to 15. Now I'm a level 50 Scholar with Stoneskin and am working my way towards Swiftcast now.

My next story quest is level 49, should I go back and actually watch the story before I continue or leave it? I guess my current progress dictates I don't care about the story but it seems as if some people consider it worthwhile. I mean, would it take long?

Been toying with rolling Astrologian in my head now too... But I'm sure most people are given it is the HW healer class. Guess I should just continue with Scholar for now.
Well... Go to the inn and start watching the main scenario ones, see if you care. 2.0 doesn't have the most exciting storyline though, gets a bit more interesting with 2.1-2.55 and way better in HW. Note that some villain wordswordswords might be under Duty. Toto-Rak before final boss, Haukke after final boss, Stone Vigil before the boss, and the two last dungeons
Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium
are those I can think of right away.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm your friend Sabre, I will protect you from the bullies.

I am getting really horrible download speeds for 3.01 right now on PC. :(

Edit: Fixed with a DNS Change in my router. Such a pain.

We'll continue getting feathers as we reach higher tiers right? I won't be getting to 270 days reward and the 15 feather total for another 3 months at least :(

I..genuinely don't know. Like I'm not sure if you'll get feathers for every stage of the subs or just the highest stage you have. So will one person who subbed for a year give you like 20 feathers? Or just 5 for the registration and 5 for having 270 days?

I don't even trust that their retroactive thing will work. I very randomly had some people sign up before all of this was announced and am afraid they won't be counted. I think the best way to do it is raw registrants, not months subscribed. Each registrant should get you 5 tickets (up to max of 5 people I think?) and so 3 people should equal 15 tickets.

Sorian

Banned
I..genuinely don't know. Like I'm not sure if you'll get feathers for every stage of the subs or just the highest stage you have. So will one person who subbed for a year give you like 20 feathers? Or just 5 for the registration and 5 for having 270 days?

I don't even trust that their retroactive thing will work. I very randomly had some people sign up before all of this was announced and am afraid they won't be counted. I think the best way to do it is raw registrants, not months subscribed. Each registrant should get you 5 tickets (up to max of 5 people I think?) and so 3 people should equal 15 tickets.

Each individual person will only be worth 15 feathers. 5 for initial sign up. 5 for 270 days and 5 for some other day amount that I am blanking on. You think the same way I do, you only get that initial 5 feathers for the first 5 people you refer so at this point, it's probably just easiest to refer 3 people and be done with it. Maybe by the time they release Bahamut Prime as a mount, they'll have been subbed for a year and you'll get another few feathers from each.

Aeana

Finished all four floors of Alexander. The one thing that seems up in the air so far still is what causes the damage up buff to appear on the 4th floor boss. I've had runs where we got a 2x stack, and runs where we got zero. The boss is dramatically easier with zero. Seems even Reddit people aren't sure what the cause is yet.

WHAT IS THIS CRAP? Better be available outside SDCC...

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/san-diego-comic-con-2015

FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™ Carbuncle Plush (Emerald and Topaz Vers.)
Event SRP: $40 each (Sales Tax included)
These cute yet powerful creatures based on the beloved summons from FINAL FANTASY XIV, can now be yours. The Carbuncle plush is available in two versions, and each one comes with its very own in-game minion item.

iammeiam

They said Carby will hit the webstore eventually. SDCC just gets him early.

seeing ppl grind northern thanalan fates 50-60, no better way? :>

I prefer a mix of dungeons, hunts, challenge log, and roulettes with FATES as filler if you end up close. If it's your first 60, Main Story Quest will also help a lot.

Otherwise, for second+ the biggest hurdle is 50-51 since almost nothing gives EXP. if you do it early in the week, you can stack roulette bonuses, the commendation and FATE challenge logs, and daily hunts to get to 51. Then it's basically spam dungeons on the odd levels, use your roulette bonuses on the even levels, fill with FATES if you're really really close to a level.

FATES are a mindless spammable option but 50-60 on FATES alone is still like 40 hours of grinding.

Top Bottom